Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Drama's Of A Teenage Life ❯ Making Plans ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Ok, I know that last chapter I didn't have time to write thank you for my reviewer ::smiles innocently:: that is why this time I decided to do the double chapter thing again!!! So you better review for me this time!! No matter this chapter of the next....or both preferably.
 
Thank you little-fighter88 for editing this chapter!
 
Glossary:
Doumo arigatou- Thank you
Sofu- grandfather, your own
Ojii-san- grandfather but not your own
 
Chapter 9: Making Plans
 
They all stood in the rain, in the coldness, in utter silence as they looked at Bulma. Her blue eyes reflected nothing, only emptiness. The short, soft and haunting words that she had just said were still ringing clearly in their heads.
 
“What are you talking about?” Chichi asked, confused. Chichi took Bulma's cold and unresponsive hand into her own.
 
“Of course you're Bulma. Who else would you be?” Juu said cautiously. `What happened to her?'
 
“I don't know.” Bulma whispered looking past them into nothingness.
 
“Let's get you home first.” Krillan suggested.
 
“I don't have a home.” She replied softly. “I don't want to go back there.”
 
They glanced at one another in confusion and uncertainty having no clue what they should do next.
 
Vegeta clenched his jaw in frustration, `What was wrong with her? What happened between the three hours that we weren't together?'
 
“We'll take her to Kakkarote's cabin then.” Vegeta said as he lifted her gently into his arms. They all nodded seeing that Bulma didn't protest.
 
Quickly going to their cars all we, Vegeta laid Bulma's limp form gently in the passenger's seat and went back to the driver's side.
 
(Briefs' House)
 
“AHHHHHH!!!” All the children screamed rushing in the house half-wet. Bunni shook her head, smiling and closing the door behind her.
 
Seeing that the house was dark and that Bulma's car was outside, she guessed that Vegeta took Bulma to the party. Humming she went to the table near the kitchen to listen to the six messages that blinked on the phone.
………………………&# 8230;…
 
“Mom said to go shower!” Benika screamed on top of her lungs to her sisters and brother. They were all rolling on floor tackling Boxer.
 
She was about to scream again but something caught her eyes. She gasped.
 
The door to the `Forbidden Room' was thrown wide open. It was called `the forbidden room' because their father didn't allow any of them to go in a play there.
 
(Vegeta's Car)
 
He reached his hand up to check the heat for the billionth time. In the mirrors he could see Krillan and Juu in the car behind him. And in front Kakkarote and Chichi's car were leading the way to Kakkarote's unused cabin.
 
Vegeta glanced at Bulma every so often, only to find her in the same position with the same expression as the last 45 minutes before. The whole ride there was in awkward silence. At least awkward to him, he didn't doubt that Bulma's mind wasn't even here. Her eyes were unreadable but he could tell she was lost in her own thoughts.
 
Again that question rose in his head, for he had to guess the millionth time; What the fuck had happened in the last three hours that he had left her? What the fuck had happened that made her walk into the cold rain? What had drained her of her energy? Her spirit? As it has, for the past 45 minutes; different situations of what had happen ran thought his head, making him even more frustrated.
………………………&# 8230;
 
Bunni frown deepened and her heart constricted when she heard that all five messages was from all her closest friends. All calling to asking Bulma to pick up the phone.
 
She was finally relieved when she heard Juu's voice.
 
: : Hi, Mrs. Briefs? We got Bulma. Sorry for all the messages we sent you earlier. We decided to stay at Goku's cabin up near Long Beach for the four-day weekend. So don't worry about us. We got all our clothes and stuff. BEEEEPPPPP : :
 
She exhaled, pressing her hand to her chest. Hearing that felt better, but only a little. There was still something chewing in her mind. Bunni shook out those thoughts and continued to put away the groceries.
………………….
 
Benika walked towards it and jumped back in surprise when she heard a voice behind her.
 
“OOOOOOO Nika's in trouble. Nika's in trouble.” Boxer sang running in circles around her.
 
“You opened the door to the `The Forbidden Room'. I'm telling, I'm telling.” Beniko chanted along with Boxer.
 
“I did not! It was already opened!” Benika shouted, defending herself quickly. “It was probably B-chan who went in there.” She scrambled to close the door and push the two all towards the bathroom upstairs.
 
If she had left it open for just one more second then she would have seen the lightening lighting up the whole room, revealing the opened brief case on the desk and scattered papers on the ground. Then maybe, just maybe one of the three would have been curious and brave enough to journey into The Forbidden Room, which revealed the truth.
 
(Cabin)
 
Somehow they got Bulma into dry clothes, a warm blanket wrapped around her, and a cup of hot chocolate in front of her, untouched. She was sitting by the fireplace now, watching the fire dance.
 
She knew that they were watching her. She knew that they saw the tears that rolled down her cheek. Saw her began to shake, as the pain once again came. She felt Chichi's arms around her, then Juu's.
 
“Why won't you tell us what's wrong?” She felt Chichi's fingers stroke her hair softy. “What happened?” her voice was not pushing but full of concern. Bulma didn't move, didn't speak. Closing her eyes when she felt Chichi's tears dropping down to her shoulder.
 
Chichi was just about the pull away when she felt Bulma turn around to face her.
 
Everyone's head snapped up at Bulma's first movement for the past three hours. Bulma reached her hand up to brushed away Chichi's tears gently.
 
“Are you sure you want to know?” Bulma whispered, her eyes watery and puffy from unshed tears. It was whispered, but everyone heard it loud and clear.
 
“Yes.” Chichi whispered back, tilting her head to the side slightly. “I want to know what caused you such pain so that you don't have to bare it alone.”
 
Bulma felt more tears spring up in her eyes at her friend's words. Bulma closed her eyes not bothering to wipe away the tears, jerking slightly when she felt warms hands brush away her tears, but leaned in afterwards. They didn't dare speak afraid that she would go back inside herself.
 
“It was right after I took my shower….”
 
(Chicago)
 
“Finally! I swear I thought he would never shut up.” Theodore jumped in the limo, hearing Vegeta Sr. following him.
 
“It took half a fuckin' hour just for that idiot to make a decision. He sure as hell should thank every lucky star that his company didn't fold yet.” Vegeta grumbled, loosening his tie.
 
“Just a couple more years, and it'll be time to hand it down to the next generation.” Ted stretched. “Then it will just be the sun, the beaches, and our wives.”
 
“If I can last long enough until then, that is.” Vegeta said, causing Ted to laugh out as the car started back towards the hotel.
 
(Cabin)
 
It was dark, only the light from the TV let his eyes see what was around him. He let the soft blue silks slid out of his hand and down to his chest, his arms tightened security over the onna who was sleeping on top of him. It was 2 in the morning and he still couldn't sleep. They had all heard what Bulma told them, what had happen over the three hours when she was missing. Who would have guessed?
 
What clenched at his very soul was the fact that the truth had taken a part of her away. Her self-identity, her self-confidence, and her spirit. It's not like she lost it or anything; it's the fact that she didn't know how to act. She's suppressing who she really is; who he had grew up with, who he loved.
 
“I'm not Bulma.” Her words still rang clearly in his ears, even now. He could still see her empty expression, her empty eyes staring into nothingness.
 
He closed his eyes; this would have never happened if he listened to his instincts that had told him to take Bulma with him. She would have then never got the chance to look at those files, never know who she really was. Didn't she see that it didn't matter what her name was to him?
 
His lips tugged slightly up as he thought about what had happen when he told her so.
 
>>> Flashback >>>
 
“Vegeta…” Bulma's voice whispered, she lifted her head up from his chest to look at him in the face. She was laying on top of him, his arms wrapped around her. And to any one else they would have looked like lovers. The room was quiet except for a few snores and the TV. The light from it danced on her face, making her look even more beautiful. “I don't know who I am anymore.”
 
“Don't be foolish onna.” He snapped out, “You will always be Onna.” He saw her eyes lighting up at his words, all those years of knowing him; Bulma had learned how to translate his words very well.
 
He closed his eyes to yet again `sleep' when he felt her lay her head down on his chest. For the next two hours, he could tell that she wasn't asleep because of her slightly faster breathing and heartbeat.
 
Thinking that he was asleep Bulma had lifted her head to look at his closed eyes. He could feel her eyes on him, studying his face. Bulma leaned her face so close to his that her hair slid against his cheek, covering him in a blanket of her intoxicating scent. Vegeta was even more surprised when he felt her cool; soft fingers traced his face with feathery lightness, leaving no spot untouched. Vegeta had to force himself from shaking, from grabbing her hands and keeping her there.
 
What happened next, he prayed to all the gods in this universe and all his lucky stars that it wasn't just a dream.
 
Vegeta had felt her soft, plumped lips on his own. The lips that Vegeta had dreamed about ever since he hit puberty, the lips that he yearned to touch.
 
Vegeta didn't dare move, for it was only for a second, like the waves of the ocean; here and gone the next. Was it a dream? It was so soft and light that, he wasn't even sure. But in the next second, he felt her lips moving so closely to his, he was tempted to reach up and capture them in his own.
 
“Arigatou, Vegeta-chan.” She whispered as softy as the night breeze. He suppressed another shiver that ran up his body, feeling her hot breath on his lips. When she laid her head back down on his chest she was finally able to fall asleep, which he had thank the gods for. Because he didn't think he could have held himself together for another second.
 
Vegeta's eyes snapped open, his heart pounding as he tried to breathe evenly. He couldn't help licking his lips, savoring the taste of Bulma's lips.
 
>>> End Of Flash >>>
 
He sighed, his eyes finally drifting shut as sleep overtook him.
 
…….Morning, 4:01am……..
 
“What?! Are you all fuckin' crazy!?” Chichi screeched at all five of them. It was 4am in the morning. “I think that the rain must have damaged your brains!”
 
“Chichi…” Krillan began but got cut off.
 
“Do you hear yourselves?” Chichi asked wildly, her face red from all the yelling. “Let me get this straight. You want to hop onto a plane at 5 fuckin' a.m. in the morning, fly halfway across the world to NYC; without telling our parents DURING a SCHOOL WEEKEND for god knows how long!!!!???”
 
“Yah.” Krillan answered.
 
“Yup.” Goku followed.
 
“That's right.” Juu said from the sofa.
 
Vegeta lifted his soda can towards her, agreeing with the rest.
 
“Pretty much, yah.” Bulma smirked. “So are you with me?”
 
Chichi looked at Bulma as if she suddenly grew two heads. After a moment of heistation she sighed nodding. “Fineeee.”
 
“Alright then,” Bulma said as everyone walked out to their cars. “I need Juu to come with me. So Chi, you'll have to get her stuff for her.” They separated into two groups of three.
 
“One more thing…” Bulma said, making them turn to her. “Don't call me Bulma.” She saw the expressions that crossed all their faces and looked down. They all held an expression of shock and pain.
 
“What should we call you then?” Goku asked gently, it's so hard to imagine his long time best friend ripping herself of her own identity. It's like she's trying to stop herself from being herself.
 
A short pause.
 
“B-chan would be fine.” Bulma smiled, “and for some people who can't even handle that short name, Onna will be suffice.” Her last remark made everyone laugh; easing the tension.
 
“We'll meet at the airport within 30 minutes. Pack lightly; we'll buy what we need there.” Juu ordered.
 
“Don't forget your credit cards, checkbook, and cash. Also your passport, ID's and stuff.” Bulma said before Vegeta spent off with her and Juu in the car.
 
Chichi sighed watching them go. She felt Goku's hand on her shoulder, leading her to his car.
 
“Why am I doing this again?” She asked rolling her eyes at the dark sky. `At least it stopped raining.' She thought.
 
“Because you love Bulma as we all do, you wouldn't just sit back and watch her wonder around like a lost little puppy.” Goku grinned, opening the door for her and watched her climb in.
 
“Maybe I deiced to be evil and watch.” Chichi folded her arms.
 
“We all know you've been dying for an adventure for sometime now. I mean, it's just not normal without the normal dramas in our lives.” Krillan smirked from the back seat, how true he was.
 
(To my reviewers)
 
LittleAngel- ::smiles:: I'm so glad you like it! For some reason I can't help but make Bulma have a big family. I don't know why but maybe b/c she was the only child in all the other fics, and I just felt like making her apart of a huge family. ::shrugs indifferently:: o well, whatever the case, thanks for the review. I hope you R&R for me again!!!!
 
DBZ-fan-JESS-I guess you will see the answer to your question in this chapter ::wink:: I hope you like it! Update your story soon and R&R for me!!!
 
East Coastie1500- I can't help another cliffy!!! Mahahahaha ::carries on insanely:: Reminder to R&R for me again!!!
 
b-chan2007- Thanks for leaving another one of your sweet reviews for me!!! Sorry for all the cliffy, but I can't seem to help it! ::hides behind a chair:: To make it up to you, I made two chapters!!! So you better review for me!
 
PunkOnna- I know, I was evil last chapter. I think you'll like this chapter a bit better then....or maybe not...But I'm making up for it with my double chapter ::wink:: Review for me again! Either this chapter or my next one!!!
 
Littlefighter88- ::smirks evilly:: You know what? I think I am obsess with the cliffies, now that I learned how to use it's power mahahahahah...::cough cough:: Thanks for the two reviews you left me!!! No words can ever express how happy it made me. Ok, now I better stop before I get too soft. R&R for me!!!! This chapter, the next, or both ::cough- the last choice -cough: ::smiles until her skull splits::
 
nan-de-mo-chibi-otoko- Wow, I'm quiet impress with those guesses of yours. I guess I can fool you. And here I thought that I lost everyone with all the twists and turns I made in the story. Awesome pen name you have there, what does it mean? :P Thanks for the review, I love hearing from you! R&R for me again.
 
Candy the Duck- ::smiles:: I know, it was kind of depressing back there. I would be too if I found out that my parents aren't my parents. Thanks so much for the review. R&R for me again!!!
 
Sumara- LOL, so I see that my cliffy is finally getting on to you. ::inocently:: maybe I should stop...::smirks:: nah. Mahahahahaha. Thanks so much for the awsome review! R&R for me again! =)
 
Author's Note: You have two choices a) review now, and do it on the next chapter too....or b) review a longer review on the next chapter!!! ::smiles:: But either way u have to leave me a review so why not on this chapter too? ::pouts cutely:: plz!!!!!