Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Drama's Of A Teenage Life ❯ The Unhidden Truth ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Sorry, this time I don't have enough time to write a thank you for my reviewers! For all of you who did and you know who you are ::wink:: THANK YOU!!!! Ah, I'm hoping you guys will like this new twist.
 
Thank you little-fighter88 for beta-ing this!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own;m.
Chapter 8: The Unhidden Truth
 
She furrowed her delicate brows in complete confusion, looking down at the file.
 
What's the meaning of this? Why is there only my name? Where is Beniha's file? Or any of my other siblings?
 
(Next door)
 
He walked through the empty halls of his house, getting ready to leave. Just as he finished putting on his shoes, his cell rang.
 
“What?”
 
“Don't you talk to your mommy that way young man!” Victoria's shrill voice rang causing him to wince.
 
“What is it?” He grumbled in a more suitable fashion.
 
“There's a thunderstorm outside. I just wanted to tell you to be careful driving to that party of yours.” Came Victoria's motherly voice.
 
“I'll be fine.”
 
“Alright. See you tonight.”
 
He stuffed the phone in his pocket and was about to walk out, but the phone rang again.
 
“What?”
 
“Vegeta,” Goku's happy voice made Vegeta turn annoyed really fast. “I just wanted to make sure you're ok, since it's raining so hard out.”
 
“What the hell is it with all you people?” He growled, rubbing his temple. “I'm on my way.” With that he hung up and walked out into the rain. He ran out to his car, getting wet really fast in the process. Slamming the car door, he swiftly turned the ignition, hearing it purr to life. He looked up at Bulma's dark house, his heart thumped slightly faster, coldness wrapped around him all of the sudden.
 
`Maybe I should give the onna a ride.' He turned to look at her silver Porsche that sat in front of the garage, rain beating against it. `Nah.' With that last thought he backed out of his driveway driving off.
 
… ; ..
 
Opening the file she started reading. The first page was a birth certificate. Confused and curious blue eyes scanned the words.
 
Name: Sadaka Sophia Sachiyo
Hair/Eyes: Blue, Blue
Sex: Female
Date of Birth: July 19, 1986
State born in: New York
 
`Same birthday as me. Same hair color as me. Who is this Sadaka Sachiyo?' She scanned the rest of the paper.
 
Mother: Nagomi Sachiyo
Father: Umihiko Sachiyo
 
She pulled up the next paper. Reading the name, Nagomi Takashi Sachiyo.
 
Blood type AB, born in Chicago. It listed all her jobs from when she was a part-time waitress at the age of 16 to a secretary now at the age of 47, and all the different addresses that she moved to.
 
Flipping the page she scanned Umihiko Sachiyo's profile. His blood type was AB too, born in New York. A list of all the high schools and universities that his attended, his past jobs and even the volunteer works.
 
`Maybe they're some of dad's old friends…' She thought, flipping the page.
 
“Sadaka Sachiyo.” She whispered the name, feeling it on her tongue. As if yelling at her, the sky cracked even louder, thunder striking so loud it sounded like it hit her own back yard.
 
(Party)
 
Music blared through the mansion blocking out the sound of the huge storm outside. The place was packed with practically the whole school. All dancing, drinking, talking, laughing, and some…let's just say are having a good time.
 
“Hey guys!” Hatsumi stopped breathlessly in front of Chichi and Goku who just arrived. “Is Bulma coming?”
 
“Yah, she should be here in a few minutes if she's not here already.” Chichi smiled glancing out the window to see that it was storming heavy. Something clenched at her heart, telling her something…wasn't right. What was it? This bad feeling that suddenly swept over her?
 
“This is an awesome party!” Hatsumi laughed running off to dance some more with her friends.
 
“Chichi! Goku!” Juu and Krillan shouted as they made their way towards them from the crowd.
 
“Hey!” Goku exclaimed to Krillan, “Where'd you get the food?”
 
Juu and Chichi sweat dropped. Krillan pointed to the table across the room and Chichi was immediately dragged along towards the table.
 
“Have you seen Bulma or Vegeta?” Chichi called back to them, but Juu's answer was lost in to music and the people blocking her view from Juu.
………………………&# 8230;
 
Blood Type: AB
 
That was all it said on there. No job, no physical description. Nothing.
 
Confused, she put them aside and looked down. All that was left was a disk and some newspaper clippings that were slightly yellow from the age.
 
New York Times: Dr. Briefs broken engagement to his pregnant fiancée.
 
“Dr. Theodore Briefs broke his engagement to Najomi Takashi after accusing her of cheating on him with his best friend, and partner in work Dr. Umihiko Sachiyo. The father of the baby is unknown yet.
 
`Dad was engaged to another?' She picked up another one.
 
New York Times: Does the baby belong to millionaire Theodore Briefs? Or to Takashi's childhood sweetheart Umihiko Sachiyo?
 
“10 months ago the millionaire Theodore Briefs had broken the engagement to his fiancée, Nagomi Takashi in which she was pregnant. From the (unnamed) hospital, in early morning of July 19th around 3:38 am, a new born girl breathes life into this world. The question is does this baby belong to Dr. Briefs or to the man that Briefs had claimed that his ex-fiancée had an affair with? The results have come out that the baby's is not a Briefs….…………”
 
Looking at the picture, she could barely make out the younger version of her father and another women in the black and white photo. The women had a hood on and shads to cover her face.
 
She reached for another one; the headlines immediately caught her attention.
 
New York Times: Umihiko and Nagomi Sachiyo's baby is missing after the car crash.
 
“Nagomi Takashi Sachiyo, the ex-fiancée of Dr. Theodore Briefs and wife of Dr. Umihiko Sachiyo was happily married for 3 months before a fatal car crash. Mrs. Sachiyo made it out alive but the officials report that there was no body of their baby girl found, Sadaka Sachiyo was no where to be found after the car accident……”
 
Putting it all down Bulma bit her lips in both nervousness and excitement. There was only one thing left in the brief case. She reached for it as thunder struck again. But this time she didn't even seem to notice. What a tragic story, she was growing more and more curious by the second about these people.
 
………………………&# 8230;.
 
“Hey! Vegeta!” Juu shouted above the noise, stopping Vegeta who was heading towards the table where Goku was. “Have you seen Bulma?”
 
“No,” Vegeta answered scanning the around for a certain blue headed girl. `Odd, she should have been here first; since I had to take a detour to the post office.' His mind swirled slightly in confusion.
 
“She's probably being fashionably late again.” Krillan laughed, grabbing Juu's hand and pulling her to dance.
 
Vegeta walked over to the food table, ignoring all the other girls flirtatious comments.
 
………………………&# 8230;.
 
Password:
 
Blue eyes stared at the screen, watching the line blink repeatedly. Her body was leaned forward and she had her hand over her mouth, thinking. Bulma leaned back and placed her hand on the keyboard, typing vigorously for a few minutes before stopping. .
 
ACCESS GRANTED…..Please wait while loading…..
 
She smirked, never once in her life had she failed to hack or break in something unsuccessfully. Whether it's the school records, police records, or just CC's main database, she has mastered it all by the age of eight. Oh yah, she remembered all those times of cutting the whole cities electrical supplies, sending viruses to the all the computers in the school because her computer teacher had given her friends a detention for talking.
 
Her thoughts were cut when the screen blinked and showed four different files. She picked the first one. S_Umihiko. She clicked it. Her eyes widen as she took in his picture.
 
He was a handsome man. She could tell he had a strong chest underneath the business suit. He had dark blue hair, almost black. His eyes were what caught her attention. His eyes were black, but if you look longer and closer you could see that it had a tint of light blue in them. The blue sparkled as if teasing you, showing once in awhile. His lips formed a smile of mischief, like he's joking.
 
According to the info next to the picture, he should be around 48 now and this picture was taken just a few years back. He majored in law and medical school. He was an attorney for the Nike Company for 5 years. Then switched completely to study medicine. Current occupation is at New York Medial Hospital.
 
Next was S_Nagomi. Opening the file she gasped in shock, her body jerked back in surprise.
 
The woman…she was beautiful. Her blue hair lay in waves over her shoulders, like a waterfall. Soft delicate features showed on the screen. Deep blue eyes almost like Bulma's except lighter. They reflected both great tenderness and strength. The white blouse that she wore showed that she had a great figure.
 
So lost in the women's eyes, she didn't realize her own hands had started reaching toward the screen to touch it until the sound of roaring thunder jotted her back, as if reminding her not to get too close.
 
She clicked the “back” button to open another file.
 
Sachiyo_Sadaka.
 
She leaned forward, her heart pounding against her chest. She looked at the bold back words, dragging the mouse to it she double clicked it.
 
Name: Sadaka Sachiyo
Age (in picture): 9 months
Hair/Eye: Blue, Blue.
Blood Type: AB
 
She gasped when she scrolled down to the picture. `That baby…that baby looks…'
 
There was a picture baby with blue hair, white skin, and deep ocean-blue eyes.
 
Those were HER eyes.
 
Bulma had never met anyone with eyes like her own, there could be no mistake. She scrambled up, knocking down her chair. She sprinted out of the room and up the stairs to her own bedroom. Running straight to her closet, flicking on the light she threw all the shoes out of the way, sending it crashing to the other wall.
 
`Where is it?' She thought frantically as she dug to the back of her closet.
 
Her hand hit a thick, brown wooden cover. She quickly yanked it out. Pulling it towards her chest, jerking herself up and ran back downstairs again.
 
Another lightening flashed revealing a ringing cell phone that laid abandon on her huge king size bed, beneath all the soft, thick covers.
 
………………………&# 8230;……………
 
“She's not answering.” Chichi said to Juu in the washroom. It was the only quiet place that they could find, and it still wasn't all that quiet.
 
“Are you sure that your phone is connected? She might not be able to receive it since we're in a washroom.” Juu replied, concern growing inside her, though not showing it.
 
“I'll try again.” Chichi redialed, hearing it ringing loud and clear.
 
(Dentist Office)
 
“Bunni!” A finger snapped in front of Bunni's face repeatedly jerking her back.
 
“I-I'm sorry, what did you say?” She asked Victoria. Still her heart was beating wildly in her heart and for some reason she kept thinking about Bulma.
 
Victoria frowned, looking at Bunni. All these years of friendship with her cheery friend she had only seen a handful of times where Bunni had looked this serious.
 
“What's wrong?” Victoria asked, concerned black eyes studying Bunni.
 
“It's nothing,” Bunni faked smile, “This storm is getting on my nerves that's all.” She tried to make herself believe that, but somehow….somehow her mother instincts cried out to her.
 
Victoria frowned again, her friend is defiantly not a good lair. Victoria was about the ask but another voice interrupted her.
 
“Mrs. Ouji?” A nurse said. “We're ready for Uzuki.”
 
(Bulma's)
 
Slamming the book down on the desk, she tore through the pages until she stopped on one page. Her thoughts stopped dead when she saw what was at the bottom of the page. She blinked, trying to see if her eyes were wrong.
 
Lighting struck, lighting up the colors of the picture and the black words even more. No. She wasn't wrong. Her heart stopped beating at that moment.
 
No.
 
This all made sense now. Perfect sense. Too perfect.
 
A tear slowly slid down her perfectly smooth skin. Followed by another. Then another. And it didn't stop. Couldn't stop. Her fist clenched, nails digging into her palms.
 
She looked from one picture to another. From the family album, there was a baby named Bulma, 9 months old. On the screen, there was a baby named Sadaka, 9 months old.
 
Same picture.
Same baby.
Same person.
 
As the tears kept dropping down from her cheeks to the desk and some to the floor, she flipped slowly through the album. She watched before her eyes as the little baby grew to a girl, and a girl to a growing woman.
 
1st grade, piano lessons. 2nd grade, girl scouts. 3rd grade, horseback riding. 4th grade, camping.
 
Her fists tightened as she kept on flipping the pages. Her tears dropped on to the pages. Seeing all the memories…all the lies.
 
Shock. Anger. Utter disappointment. Then rage. Her heart constricted in pain. In complete pain. Pain of betrayal. All these years…all along they knew. They knew and they didn't tell her.
 
She couldn't breath. She needed out of this room. Out of this house. Out of this place.
 
… ;…..
 
“She didn't answer!” Chichi panicked, “I don't have a good feeling about this.”
 
Goku was supporting her whole body as her legs went numb.
 
“What?” Vegeta snared.
 
“We called her. She wouldn't answer us. She wouldn't pick up.” Juu said, heading towards the door. “We have to go look for her.”
 
“O God. Any thing could have happened in this storm.” Chichi trailed off, running out after the Juu.
 
Vegeta's thoughts were in a whirlwind as he ran out to his car. Over the past three hours the storm had only worsen. The wind picking up, bending trees and signs. The rain was hard enough to break some of the windows in older buildings.
 
(Bulma)
 
Cold rain washed over her. It was sliding down her hair, her face, everywhere. Just like the truth.
 
He had lied to her. Kept this from her. Filling her with lies every second of her life. He wasn't even her father! Her whole life was a lie. Who was she? Why was she here? Why?! She had never in her life felt so helpless, so alone, so naked to the world. She didn't know who she was. Her tears mixed with the rain as she walked down the road not knowing where she was going. Not caring either.
………………………
 
“Where the fuck can she be!?” Juu shifted in her seat. She couldn't stay still, she could hardly think. In this weather anything could happen to Bulma.
 
“Call them and see if they found her yet.” Krillan said still looking out the window at the empty streets for any sign of Bulma, or anyone.
………………………&# 8230;……
 
“We can't find her anywhere too.” Chichi shouted in the phone. Tears streaming down her face. “O my god. I should have listened to my instincts when they told me to call Bulma earlier….”
 
“Don't freak out yet.” Juu said as calmly as she could. “Maybe she's fine. Maybe her cell just ran out of batteries. Maybe she's even at the party right now.”
 
“If she was then someone would have called us already.” Chichi sobbed on the phone, next to Goku would was looking out the window. “Call Vegeta.”
 
Juu dialed and holding her breath hoping that he found her.
 
“What?”
 
“I'm guess you haven't found her either.”
 
“No.” With that he hung up and kept looked out window as he continue to drive.
………………………&# 8230;…
 
Sadaka Sachiyo…
 
She was numb. Numb from all the pain. The tears still didn't stop yet. It felt like someone was poking her heart open. Now they're adding salt.
 
The blood was defiantly different. She had knew that her Mommy's blood type is O. She never knew what her daddy's was but she had once seen Benio's medical record when she was baby and Benio was a B. There was not mistake that her Daddy was B.
 
`Why hadn't I notice this earlier?' She never really thought much about her own blood type. It was AB. All along she thought it was O or B.
 
Now I see why I'm so different from all my brothers and sisters. They all had mommy's blond hair, and either daddy's dark eyes or mommy's pale blue eyes. Trunks took after daddy the most with his lavender hair and mommy's pale blue eyes.
 
`But whom do I take after?' She was the only one that had blue hair and ocean blue eyes. She didn't notice that until now. And it hit her fast and hard, knocking her heart out. It was so clear now. She didn't want it to be clear, she would rather be blinded by a cloud of ignorance. But, then again she was never one to be ignorant. She always analyzed everything, always question everything.
 
How can everything shatter so easily? I was Bulma Briefs and Bulma knows herself perfectly. Who is Sadaka?
 
The daddy that she had called all her life is no longer her father. The cheery, warm mommy that she had called all her life is no longer her mother. All of her beloved brothers and sister are no longer her siblings.
 
She was lost in this universe. If she died right now, no one would know who she was because she wasn't Bulma Briefs.
 
She kept walking. She didn't know where, she didn't care.
………………………&# 8230;……
 
Chichi blinked away all the tears that clouded her vision. Her heart thumping. With every street they passed, every turn they made, she was scared to look. Afraid that she would see something horrible.
 
She sighed, just as she as about the turn away something caught her eyes.
 
She squinted through the rain and the darkness. `Is that a person?' She leaned closer to the door, pressing her face against the window.
 
Lightening flashed and her eyes widen in complete shock.
 
It was a girl dressed in a black skirt and tank top. She was walking in the rain. Walking as if it wasn't even raining, as if the cold wind didn't cut her skin, as if the cold rain didn't soak her to the bones.
 
In another flash Chichi barely saw her turn the corner.
 
“GOKU!!!! TURN AROUND NOW! I SAW BULMA!” Chichi finally screamed, after regaining her voice. “She's heading to The Place.”
 
She quickly dialed for Juu and Vegeta her hands shaking. “I saw Bulma, she's heading to The Place.”
………………………&# 8230;………………
 
Her heels stepped on a wet twig as she walked through the bushes that covered a small clearing.
 
She hadn't been here for awhile now. They all haven't. It was one of their many play places. This is the place where they had played hide-and-seek, prince and princess, and cops and robbers a millions times.
 
When she got to the small clearing she dropped down, as if everything that happen finally weighted her down.
 
Bulma sobbed and looked up at the storming sky, at the rain that fell on her face. She slowly lay on the ground letting the rain soak her. Letting it numb her. Letting it take her away.
………………………&# 8230;…
 
Vegeta quickly stopped his car when he came to a tall oak tree and a few bushes. They were swaging to the harsh wind and rain as if telling him to come if he dares to. He saw everyone get out of their car and ran pass the brushes.
 
He quickly ran with them. `I'm going to kill her whe-' his thoughts halted when he saw what was in front of his eyes.
 
They stopped behind him, he could hear Chichi crying hysterically.
 
`No.' His mind was as numb as the wind that's piercing his skin. `No, please don't be…'
 
He approached her slowly, with their friends following him. He saw her soaked, unmoving form lying on the wet grass. Her eyes closed towards the sky, her skin and lips pale.
 
“Onna.” Vegeta bent down to wrap her in his arms. He rested a hand on her pale face, his own body shook when he felt how cold she was.
 
“BULMA!!!” Juu screamed in tears, dropping down to her friend.
 
They gasped seeing her blue eyes look up. But something was wrong.
 
Bulma's eyes snapped opened, hearing her name… `her former name'. She corrected herself. Immediately, her vision was filled with Vegeta's face. Her tears blurred her vision. The tears that still hadn't stopped.
 
“Onna.” Vegeta whispered. This time he didn't dare say anything for every sense of his told him something was terribly wrong.
 
Author's Note: So you guys like this chapter? A totally twist in the story I know.And you can see that i went crazy with all the bolds, underlining and itaics lol:Smiles: Don't worry there's more to come. This is going to be one LONG story ::smirkes:: Plz R&R for me!!!!