Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Drama's Of A Teenage Life ❯ Signs From The Heavens ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Well here I am again!!! I know I should be working on my other stories but I can't help it!!! I hope you like this chapter, cuz you're in for a real surprise. Just when it seems like I'm going one way, I stray into another path. I think you'll like this turn, it's a bit more dramatic.
 
Thank you little-fighter88 for beta-ing this!!!
 
Chapter 7: Signs From The Heavens
 
“DAMN!” Goku exclaimed seeing Bulma's silver Porsche. “How the hell did you get it back, b-chan?”
 
“Easy,” Bulma smirked.
 
“Of course! Your daddy's little princess, la joya azul.” Chichi laughed. Her best friend had once again con her own father into getting what she wanted.
 
Even the blind and deaf could see that Dr. Briefs had and always have favored her above all his other seven children. You can obviously see that he was the computer, tech kind of guy and wasn't the type the get all mushy. But with Bulma, he did everything a father would do, and sometimes even a mother. He spends more time talking to Bulma then all of his other children combined. With her, he told her everything that's on his mind.
 
Needless to say, they had a father-daughter relationship that was to the point of envy.
 
“So does that mean you got your Ferrari back too?” Krillan asked cautiously, relived when she smiled brightly at him.
 
“Yup! All I did was show him the bruise.” She said, causing everyone to roll their eyes.
 
“By showing it, that meant you exaggerated it to a life threatening point.” Vegeta rolled his eyes.
 
“No, all I said was that I could have died and that I could have avoided it if I had my own car to run over that bastard with.” Ok, so she did cut out on A LOT of detail in that one sentence.
 
“Your such a drama queen.” Juu laughed.
 
“I am not!” Bulma mocked pouted, but couldn't help the smirk. Yah she is. Who could blame her? She was use to getting what she wanted.
 
(Cooking class)
 
“Hey Chichi!” A shrill voice called, as she entered cooking class alone. She shudder but turned towards Marron and smiled.
 
“Marron! What's up?” She asked as Marron, aka Krillan's ex. And aka to Juu; The slut.
 
Marron would have passed for Bulma's sister, if it weren't for the obvious IQ difference, her hair is duller, and the fact that Bulma possess eyes like no other.
 
“O my god!” She squealed, flinging her blue hair in a cheerleader way that she learned over the years of being one.
 
“I just heard that there is this awesome birthday party that Kevin Kazunari is going to have at his mansion, today after school! He's inviting everyone, are you going?”
 
“Of course!” Chichi smirked, “If it's a party we're defiantly going.”
 
“Awesome!” Marron squealed before going off to tell other people.
 
Chichi quickly wrote a message on a piece of paper giving it to one of the `messengers' of the school. It really quiet funny how this school has all kinds of people, all kinds of groups.
 
(Trig/Calculus Class)
 
“Oh Son-kun!” Bulma laughed at Vegeta's frustrated face and Goku's confused face.
 
Sometimes she wondered how he could be so good in English and math but so bad at everything else. She still didn't know if he was a genius or an idiot.
 
She snickered when she heard Vegeta started to grumble under his breath. She stopped and tilted her head to the side when a familiar guy shyly walked up to them. She saw the guy blush crimson when she caught his eyes.
 
Bulma could feel Vegeta tense up immediately as if catching a creature on his territory.
 
“Hi” He said quietly, looking at the ground the whole time for he didn't dare look at his self-proclaimed goddess in the eye.
 
“Hello.” Bulma said softly, making him look up at her in a daze.
 
“What do you want?” Vegeta snarled leaning forward on his desk, as if ready to leap on him. Bulma slapped him on the arm, annoyed at his animalistic behavior.
 
Goku just shook his head knowingly, feeling sorry for the poor messenger.
 
“What's up?” Bulma asked in a light causal tone, making him relax a bit. He was obvious to Vegeta's death glare when he looked into his goddess's blue eyes.
 
“I-I just w-want to…” He held out his hand to reveal a folded up paper that has Bulma's name written on it in pink gel pen.
 
Smiling Bulma reached for it, she accidentally brushed her hand against his. Which did not go unaware by Vegeta who slammed his fist against the desk growling, causing the poor guy to just back and nearly piss in his pants. Everyone turned to look at the scene.
 
Bulma send a light punch to Vegeta's arm, glaring at him. She reached out her hand out to the guy for the note she still didn't get. The guy was shaking, staring behind her at Vegeta, refusing to take a step further.
 
Bulma sighed and got up, but quickly got pulled back into her seat by Vegeta.
 
“Kakkarote, go get the paper.” He ordered ignoring Bulma who was glaring at him. Goku went and apologizing to the guy, watching him run off.
 
“Vegeta! I can't believe you.” Bulma exclaimed exasperated, taking the note from Goku.
 
“He shouldn't put his foot on where it doesn't belong.” He grunted, crossing his arm over his chest.
 
She rolled her blue eyes before opening the letter. “It's from Chichi,” Bulma smiled reading at her friend's choice of words, “She said that Kazunari will be having a big party and we're going, spread the word to Juu.”
 
She quickly got a piece of paper and wrote down a message. She was about to kindly ask a guy to deliver it to Juu's room. But Vegeta grabbed the guy's collar shaking him harshly like a rag doll.
 
“You will deliver this message to cue ball and Blondie or I'll hunt you down and-“ Before he could finish, he received a slap on his arm from Bulma.
 
(English)
 
“Here, this is from Bulma.” Jay said, giving a note to Juu and Krillen.
 
“You saw her?” Krillen asked, he didn't remember that Jay has any classes with her.
 
“No,” Jay smirked, “But I saw the poor guy that was suppose to deliver it.”
 
“What?” Juu raised a blonde brow, opening the note.
 
“Apparently Vegeta was there when the message was sent.” That was all that needed to be said as they nod knowingly. “Vegeta found the guy sniffing the paper Bulma gave him when he followed him out the hall.”
 
“Crazy people and their obsessions.” Juu muttered.
 
Later
 
“So we're all meeting at the party at 7 o'clock right?” Bulma asked on the six-way call on her cell.
 
“Yup, see ya guys there!” she hear Chichi answer before everyone hung up.
 
`Good thing I got my cars back before daddy went away on that business trip.' She smiled, pulling up her driveway and walking up to her house.
 
“I'm home!” Bulma shouted as she walked into the house.
 
A confused expression crossed her face when she heard no running feet from her brother, no shouting of the twins fighting over things, no giggling of her baby sister, no sounds of video, DDR, computer game being played, no greeting from her mother.
 
Then she remembered that her mother and Mrs. Ouji had taken all the children to the dentist today. Knowing what's bound to happen, it's going to take them more then four hours to get them all done.
 
The house seemed empty and lonely without them, the happy glow of lights seem dull without the laugher of her siblings. She shivered at the quietness of the whole place, shivered at how this place seemed so much bigger without them running around the whole place.
 
She walked in her room, and was immediately greeted by her collection of 135 teddy bears of all sizes, shapes, colors, and furs. All piled up at the corner of her room near her bed.
 
She couldn't help it, really! But every time she sees one, she just has to buy one. Plus there were some from her birthday, dad's business trips, etc. And believe it or not, she named of each and every single one of them.
 
She walked to her closet pulling out her black skirt, and blue top. Then decide on black heels to match. A simple-yet-cool look. Her computer flashed signaling an incoming call. `Must be Chichi.' She thought.
 
Her guess was right, when her saw onyx hair and eyes, and smooth tanned face popped up the screen.
 
“Hey! You're still not changed?” Chichi asked looked at Bulma's outfit from the screen. “You're going to be late.”
 
“Don't worry, no little pests to bother me today.” Bulma said walking over to the bathroom to start the water.
 
“No wonder it's so quiet.” Chichi laughed. “Did you finally kill them all?”
 
“That's for me to know and you to find out.” Bulma joked back from the washroom, causing Chichi to laugh out. “You have no idea how damn lucky you are to have three older brothers.”
 
“Sure, just warn your boyfriend or any boy that talks to you to run if they see my brothers.” Chichi replied, making Bulma smirk. Trunks does that, the older brother protectiveness thing, nice but annoying.
 
“Listen, I called to warn you about-“ She heard chichi start but the rushing water blocked out the rest. She walked back to the computer.
 
“What'd you say?”
 
“I said, I called to warn you about the storm that's coming up. It's going to be real nasty out there soon.” Chichi said causing Bulma to look out the window. It was already as dark as night out there and in a distance she could see lighting strike.
 
“Thanks Chi,” Bulma smiled looking back at the comp. “Did you tell the others yet?”
 
“Everyone expect Veggie and Krillan,” Chichi answered. “You call Veggie head, I'll get Krillan.”
 
“K, see ya soon.” Bulma winked and closed the connection. She quickly grabbed her cell and dialed a memorized number.
 
“What.” She rolled her eyes his commanding voice. Even on the phone he has to sound like your interrupting him from saving the world or something.
 
“Veggie-chan,” Bulma smirked at the growl she heard. “I called to warn you about the terrible storm that's coming our way. Your life is in great danger! Run for it!”
 
Vegeta lifted an amused eyebrow. “Afraid of a little storm Onna? One, Vegeta Ouji never runs. And two, there are easier ways to beg for a ride.”
 
“And give up driving my Porsche for one second? I don't think so.” Bulma smiled, then added before hanging up. “Just be careful.”
 
Vegeta shook his head and continued playing x-box. Bulma tossed the phone to her bed and went to take her shower.
 
By the time she got out it was already as dark as night and pouring outside. She turned on her light and saw that she had two whole hours left. She dressed and decided to go downstairs.
 
Walked down the hall she jumped slightly when she heard it thundering loudly outside.
 
“Bulma, you're a big girl now.” She scowled herself walking towards where she felt safest the most in this house; Daddy's personal office.
 
She closed the double door behind her quickly when another lightening flashed followed by a thunderous sound. Everyone else was forbidden to enter this office without his permission, except her that is. She is after all, daddy's little joya azul.
 
Walking down the carpeted floor. His office always amazed her. Books of all kind reached from the wall on both sides up to the high ceiling. On the other end of the room laid her fathers huge oak desk complete with computer, scanner, printer, burner, phone, fax, etc. it was all there. The whole back wall behind the desk was a window, covered by a veiled white curtain.
 
It had every thing. She remembered how she used to sneak down at night and sleep in this room. Her father would find in her in the morning wrapped in a blanket behind his gigantic desk.
 
Sitting on his black, leather chair she turned on his computer and waited for it to load. Swinging in the chair, her feet accidentally knocked a bag under the table. Curious, she reached down and grabbed it, pulling out her dad's business suit.
 
As she was stuffing it back in the bag, a key fell out of one of the pockets, dropping down to the floor. She bent down to picked it up and examined it in the light.
 
`This is…this is the key to the drawer!' She thought excitedly. THE Drawer.
 
When she was younger, he had told her that it's full of Capsule Co.'s private info. So maybe she had bought that when she was younger, but what couldn't she see any of the documents in it?
 
She willed herself to put the key down on the table, then turn to the computer screen. After five agonizing seconds of pretending the key wasn't on the table, gleaming temptingly every so often when lighting strike. She swiftly grabbed it back into her hand.
 
`Just open it.' She told herself.
 
`No. Dad didn't want you to see for a reason.' Her better side said.
 
`Just a little peak. Remember you told me I'm a big girl?'
 
`You promised him you wouldn't break in.'
 
`I'm going to NOT BREAK in. I have the key right here!'
 
`You said you wouldn't look.'
 
`That was back when I was 6. It's time to update the contract.'
 
“O my god! This is like Lord of the Keys or something.” Bulma muttered, banging her forehead on the table.
 
She looked at the silver key. In the back she could hear rain platter harshly against the great window, and roaring thundering.
 
It's a sign from the heavens, she convinced herself and bent down to stick the key in. She heard it click softly, and slid open slightly. It was just calling for her to go in.
 
She pulled the draw open, a confused crossed her face. Even in the dim light that came from the small lamp on the desk she could see that there was no files. No folder containing files either.
 
Instead, what sat in the middle of the drawer; was a brief cause.
 
A silver, locked, square brief case.
 
`What?!' She thought picking it up. It was surprisingly heavy. Putting it in the light she smirked seeing the lock. `This is too easy.' She thought.
 
Within a mere two-second, she and her trusty hairpin had forged their way open. Hearing the thick click the locks popped up. She looked at the silver locks that released their grip, at the smooth surface of the brief case.
 
For some reason her hands grew cold, her breathing became ragged, and her heart beat quickened.
 
`Stop!' Somewhere in the back of her mind nagged, an uneasy feeling crept up her as if warning her to turn back.
 
She heard rumbles then a big crash of thunder that lit the whole room for a mere second. The sky is talking to her too, but she couldn't decide if it told her to look or not.
 
`Just look inside!' She scowled herself and slowly opened to box.
 
She gasped in shock. In the middle of the box laid a thick file. But that's not what made her gasp, it was the fact that her name was written on it, in her fathers neat and tilted handwriting.
 
Bulma S. Briefs.
 
Author's Note: I swear one of these days I'll get over the cliffhangers...but until then ::smirkes evily:: you will have to just bare with me!!! ::smiles:: Plz review!!! It'll only take a sec!!!! Just press the little button and write a few words!!!
 
(To My Reviewers)
 
DBZ-fan-Jess-Thanks!!! I couldn't resist a cliffy...I guess cuz I everyone does it so much these day lol. Thanks for the tip on the effects and stuff. It was really pissing my off lately ::mutters::. And any time on that review!!! I would gladly be your number one fan!!! Just tell me when you update! I can't wait for the next chappie! O and thanks for the review on my other story, I'm not sure when I'm going to update on that one, so I'll have to thank you here! R&R for me!!!
 
East Coastie1500- Ah, fresh meat! Lol, j/k. A new reviewer! Yay! ::jumps around happily:: Sorry about the errors on some of the words in the earlier chapters, I guess me and my editor over looked it ::sweat drops::. I'm so glad you like it ::blushes:: it was my first DBZ HS fic!!! ::smiles:: thanks for the review you really flatter me!!! R&R for me again!
 
b-chan2007- I couldn't resist a cliffy!!! It was my first I think lol. ::smiles:: I thought it was time for some major b/v after the Zarbon thing...haha. I know I was a evil back there, leaving you hanging ::smiles innocently:: Thanks so much for the reviews!!! I'm lovin' it! Plz R&R for me!!!
 
PunkOnna- I know what you mean by that!!! We should start rebelling against them ::lifts up a fork:: lol, or not. Mine is going to collage soon so YAY! No more abuses!!! Thanks for the review! ::smiles:: R&R for me! I love hearing from you!
 
Littlefighter88- ::hides behind a chair:: I can't help the cliffy!!! It was just tooo tempting! Aww, thanks for the compliment, anymore and I might start blushing...if I'm not already. Lol. Thanks for the review! I know, I was feeling really evil back there ::smirks::, R&R for me!