Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Drama's Of A Teenage Life ❯ Close But Far ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Thank you little-fighter88 for editing this chapter!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters...: :cries: :……I also don't own a cell phone....: :sniff sniff: :
 
Chapter 11: Close But Far
 
The trees swung in rhythm to the wind as the birds chipped softly from their branches. On this early Saturday morning, the sky was a clear blue and the air fresh and clean. Three figures stood in front of a black marble grave. After a few more minutes they began to head back to the gate.
……………………
 
“Hello?” A sleepily voice said on the other end of Bulma's phone.
 
“Nayo-chan?” Bulma asked, sitting down on a bench on the early streets of NYC.
 
“Yes, this is she. Who are you?” Vegeta's older sister, Hanayo asked sounding more awake after hearing her nickname.
 
“It's me, B-chan.” She avoided using her full name.
 
“Bulma!? Hey girl what's up?” Hanayo asked, excitement in her voice. “Do you have any idea what time you're calling?”
 
“7:05 in the morning. Why?”
 
“It's a weekend! And you're actually up this early!? Did hell freeze over?”
 
“Haha. Very funny.” Bulma said, “Listen. Me, Vegeta, Goku, Krillan, Chi, and Juu are all in New York right now.”
 
“WHAT?!” A scream came that caused Bulma to wince.
 
“LISTEN TO ME.” Bulma said with so much urgency in her voice that made Hanayo listen. “I really need to talk to you, alone. That's why I got up before everyone else did, so they won't follow me.”
 
A pause.
 
“Where are you?” Hanayo asked seriously. Bulma read off the street name for her. “Ok, there should be a restaurant called Orlando's. It's right around the corner with a big red sign, you can't miss it. Grab a table and wait for me there.”
 
“Ok and one more thing.” Bulma said. “Don't tell anyone. Not even Trunks.”
 
“Ok. See ya soon.” Hanayo knew that this was something serious if Bulma didn't want her big brother to know, since Bulma and Trunks had always been close.
 
(Orlando's Restaurant)
 
Nagomi looked away from her table while Umihiko and Sadahiko engaged themselves in a heated conversation about baseball.
 
Looking around, she could see that this restaurant was pretty busy in the morning. It had been the same every weekend. She would go to the grave and place fresh flowers, and then she would come to the restaurant afterwards. Sometimes her husband and son would join her, like today.
 
She was about the look away when the door opened revealing an eighteen-year-old girl. She watched as the girl's soft, clear voice ranged across the restaurant, turning the eyes of both male and female.
 
“Two, non-smoking please.” Bulma smiled lightly to the waiter that looked around nineteen. He blushed and looked down leading the way.
 
“Would you like anything to drink?” He asked as she took a seat in the booth, he set the menu down.
 
“A coffee and orange juice, thanks.” She pulled out her phone just as it rang. “Hello?”
 
“B-chan, what are you doing for the weekend? Wanna hang out?” Hatsumi's cheerful voice rang and Bulma couldn't help but smile.
 
“I'd love to, but I'm in NY right now.” Her smile widened hearing Sumi's gasp.
 
“NEW YORK? When? How? Why?”
 
“I flew up here yesterday at four in the morning. As for why, that's for me to know and for you to keep out.” Bulma laughed, mouthing `thank you' to the waiter that placed her drink down. “Just consider it a `spur of the moment' thing. I get emotionally unstable when my life starts to get too dull.”
 
“Well, next time you're emotionally unstable and decide to fly off somewhere tell me. I'll be happy to join you.” Hatsumi replied, “You know my sofu lives up there.”
 
“Really? Maybe I'll run into him.”
 
“If you do, say hi for me.” Hatsumi's reply made Bulma laugh out. Her laughs were light, like silver bells which immediately turned the heads of males, having their complete attention.
 
“I will.” She loved how Hatsumi could just flow along with everything. “Do me a favor, don't tell anyone that I'm in NY, k?”
 
“Ok, but why?” Came Hatsumi's curious voice.
 
“Don't ask, it's a long story.”
 
“Anything else I can do for you, your majesty?” Hatsumi mocked.
 
“No, that will be all; my faithful servant.” Bulma smirked. “I have to hang up now or they'll start charging you for long distance.”
 
Nagomi had been watching her the whole time as Umihiko and Sadahiko had been talking.
 
“Don't you think so mom?” Sadahiko's voice came, jotting her out of her stare.
 
“What was that?” Nagomi asked softly, getting a worried look from him.
 
“Are you ok?” Sadahiko asked, these past few days she seemed to be a bit distant and quiet. Always looking more closely at everything as if expecting someone to show up. Not that his mother didn't always seem to search the streets every time she went out, but lately more then usual. He knew that his mother still believed that his lost sister, Sadaka is out there somewhere and he didn't want to crush her hope by telling her to stop looking, that she's already dead. But he didn't want to see her wasting her time, always getting disappointed.
 
“I'm fine, let's eat.” Nagomi smiled and turned to the food in front of them, glancing at the girl every so often after Sadahiko shrugged and started to eat.
 
Bulma lifted the coffee up breathing in the scent. The strange thing about her was that she didn't like to drink coffee but liked to smell the strong scent. That rich, thick, smell was enough to wake her up. She reached for the orange juice and was about to drink when she heard a familiar voice.
 
“She's over there.” Hanayo said to the host.
 
Bulma stood up as Hanayo approached. She hadn't seen Hanayo for four years already and she missed her greatly. They had only talked on phones and computers after Hanayo graduated and moved here to watch the family business.
 
“God! Look at you b-chan!” Hanayo threw her arms around Bulma, hugging her. “I'm growing even more jealous by the minute of how beautiful you are.”
 
“What are you talking about? Look at you!” Bulma exclaimed looking at Hanayo's long midnight black hair, tan skin, Gucci summer dress that reached decently above her knee, and Channel purse. Hanayo had sharp, dark, seductive features that could make men bow. “What happened to my next door neighbor that used to have flies around her head?”
 
“She discovered water and makeup.” Hanayo replied to a laughing Bulma as they sat down. All these years apart and their relationship still hadn't changed.
 
Hanayo remembered how she and Bulma used to purposely stay at her house just to annoy the hell out of Vegeta. Back then, her poor confused little brother had just figured out that he liked Bulma a lot and didn't know what to do about it except avoid her as much as possible. And if he were so unfortunate as to run into her, he would result in torturing her to hide his true feelings like most little boys would do.
 
She and Bulma had spent days and nights fighting Vegeta, until one day Vegeta finally excepted Bulma; from that day on Vegeta and Bulma became inseparable. She always knew that Bulma and Vegeta were meant for each other. They just didn't see it, or rather, Bulma didn't see it.
 
Looking at Bulma now, she still can't believe that this was the same girl that sat at her backyard during the summer days, tumbling in the mud and getting into fistfights. But, then again, Bulma always had this certain type of never ending beauty, both inside and out that drew men to her like a moth to a flame, like gravity.
 
“Is there anything I can get for you ladies?” the waiter asked, his gazed fixed on Bulma, Hanayo saw this and smirked.
 
“Have you eaten yet?” Hanayo asked Bulma.
 
“No, but-” Bulma started but got cut off.
 
“She'll have a number two, I'll have a number four. Two more cups of orange juice and one more coffee, please.” Hanayo finished in one breath, causing Bulma to grin.
 
They then just started looking at each other, after so long. Then finally Hanayo broke the silence.
 
“Are you going to tell me what happened?” Hanayo asked softly. She could see the sadness, confusion, and anger that lurked in the depths of Bulma's blue eyes.
 
Bulma rubbed her temples with both hands as she leaned on the table. `Where should she begin? What should she say?'
 
“I don't want to tell you.” Bulma said, looking out the window seeing people go about their normal way of life. She could see the sun was already shining brightly out; her friends were probably already awake. “All you need to know is that……”
 
Hanayo titled her head to the side, trying to read what had happened from Bulma's expression and eyes. But all she saw was pain. Pain that even made her own heart hurt. She didn't want to pressure Bulma or anything so she sat there and watched.
 
“Everything is a lie.” Bulma whispered closing her eyes holding the tears in.
 
Hanayo had barely heard what Bulma said because of the tight fist that was pressed against Bulma's mouth.
 
“I need your help.” Bulma pulled back, digging in her purse. Pulling out small white paper she gave it to Hanayo seeing her quirk a black eyebrow up.
 
Hanayo saw Bulma lean in towards her, catching her action she leaned in.
“I need you to find me all the medical records of these people on this list. The address, phone, and name of the specific hospital that I want the info from is on there too. I also need any info you can get on the name that I highlighted at the bottom.”
 
“What is this all about?” Hanayo asked, she was about to open the paper, but Bulma's hand stopped hers.
 
“I needed to come up here for some business; Goku and them won't let me go alone so they decided to come with me. We woke up at four in the morning to catch the first plane.” Bulma said nonchalantly, leaning back. “Our parents still don't know that we're up here. They think that we're at Goku's cabin for the four-day weekend. And I don't really have a plan for what I'm doing; I'm just going along with it as it comes.”
 
“Fuck.” A shocked Hanayo said, “When are you going back?”
 
“When I'm done here.” Bulma looked up. “What's why I might need another favor from you.”
 
Raising an eyebrow, Hanayo groaned inwardly. It's like investing on a company that's going bankrupted.
 
“If we don't get back home on time I'm going to need you to call us out of school.” Bulma grinned at the look that crossed Hanayo's face. “What? It's not like I'm asking you to rob a bank.”
 
Hanayo and Bulma sat back and began a staring contest. Each trying to figure out what the other was thinking, neither of them moved. They didn't break the eye contact, not even when the waiter came to drop off the food.
 
If Bulma had looked behind her at that moment she would have seen Nagomi look at her. She would have seen the longing in Nagomi's eyes; she would have seen her mother.
 
As fate had it, she didn't turn around.
 
Nagomi followed her unaware son and husband out the restaurant after a final glance at the girl that had captured both a piece of her heart and all of her attention from the moment she saw her walk through those doors.
 
In the background, they could hear clinking the plates, silverware, and glasses being moved from different people. They could hear the murmur of voices that mixed together from different voices and conversations. They saw the sun shine off each other's faces and they still didn't move or look away.
 
“Don't bother guessing, Hanayo Ouji.” Bulma finally said. She wasn't using Hanayo's nickname, which meant that she was really serious.
 
Hanayo scoffed and leaned forward to begin eating. Bulma smiled, knowing that it's her way of backing down and saying `Fine'.
 
“Arigatou, Nayo-chan.” Bulma said softly, as she poked at her food.
 
“You owe me an explanation when all of this is over.” Hanayo pouted, making Bulma grin.
 
“I have no doubt you will know when the time comes. I just don't want anymore people to know.” Bulma looked down at her French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage.
 
“So did my otouto proclaim his undying love for you yet?” Hanayo asked, changing to subject 180 degrees.
 
“First of all, even if all the planets in this universe stopped moving; Vegeta would never, ever say something like that.” Bulma looked up at Hanayo who was pouting innocently, “Second of all, even if somehow all the planets in this universe did stop moving, he would NOT say it to ME.”
 
“Well, you never know.”
 
“No, I don't. But I do know Vegeta.” Bulma responded confidently.
 
“Obviously, not as well as you think you do.” Hanayo muttered, but Bulma heard it, throwing her a glare. Hanayo smiled innocently. “So where are you going after this?”
 
“I left them a note to meet me in the park at ten. Then we're going to the beach.” Bulma looked at her watch. “You wanna come?”
 
“Can't, I have work. Do you need a ride?” Hanayo asked between bits.
 
“Yah, I didn't know how far I walked from the hotel this morning.”
 
(Public Park)
 
“She's turning more and more unpredictable these days…” Chichi muttered as they all walked to the middle of the park, where a fountain was.
 
“She just wanted sometime alone, Chi.” Goku grinned, “Don't worry about her.”
 
The five came to a long bench and sat down. It was a nice day, perfect day for the beach and the sun.
 
Vegeta felt someone staring at him, and turned to look. He rolled his eyes when he saw a redhead boldly checking him out. She had a nice figure, but it didn't interest him the least bit.
 
(Hanayo's Car)
 
“Thanks for the ride, Nayo-chan!” Bulma smiled.
 
“So you need any money or anything?” Hanayo asked for the fifth time.
 
“No, we're fine.” Bulma yet again rejected. Just as she was about to get out Hanayo grabbed her hand and placed a key on her hand. She raised an eyebrow.
 
“Three room apartment, one of the best in NY.” Hanayo began.
 
“No! I can't, I don't want to trouble you-“
 
“Just take it, it's one of my many. Otouto won't like living in a hotel that long, even if it is a five-star. Besides you don't even know how long your're staying.” Hanayo said firmly, leaving no room for objection.
 
Bulma smiled softly, “Arigatou, Nayo-chan.”
 
“Go get him, tiger.” Hanayo purred, receiving a light slap on the arm from Bulma before she climbed out.
 
Watching Hanayo's car drive off she turned to the entrance of the park, quickly spotting them on the bench near the fountain.
 
Her smile was quickly wiped off her face when she saw a red headed bitch eyeing Veggie like a piece of meat from the other side of the park.
 
Seeing `the slut' walk towards Vegeta, all the while leering at him and the seat beside him, Bulma advance towards him too. Picking up her pace. Bulma saw the `the slut' glare at her.
 
Bulma threw a challenging look back at her.
 
With an animalistic growl, she urged herself to move faster as they drew closer to the bench. In the last few steps she threw herself on the bench. Landing right on Vegeta's lap she threw her foot up on the bench space next to him marking that as her territory too.
 
Throwing a superior look to `the slut', she turned to Vegeta's amused face.
 
“Veggie-chan!” Bulma's said sweetly, wrapping her arms around his neck to both steady herself and to remind the redhead slut that he was her property too.
 
“Onna, do you always throw yourself on other people who sit in the same bench as you?” Vegeta held back a chuckle.
 
“Only when I need to remind other people what something belongs to…” She said back with a smirk. `God, what the hell am I doing?' she thought to herself, but for the life of her, she couldn't help it. “Or what someone belongs to.” She said, almost growling it out.
 
Vegeta was more than confused at her behavior, though he couldn't say he didn't like. Unconsciously one of his arms snaked around her waist pulling her closer, his other arm supported their weight as he leaned back.
 
“Really?” Vegeta smirked, his eyes focused solely onto hers. Their faces inches apart. “And whom does this bench belong to?”
 
Bulma shivered at the closeness, she could just taste his lips against hers as she had that night. To have his intense gaze focus only on her made her body react, heating it like never before. She had to stop herself from rubbing up against his muscular form. She forced herself to answer.
 
“This bench…” She purposely slid her hands down his thighs, patting the space right next to his butt, “Belongs to me.” She leaned closer so that their lips were almost touching. “And all whom sits on this bench…” she slowly ran her hands up his powerful back, feeling all the muscles that his black wife-beater would allow her too. “Also belongs to me.” She said huskily, hearing a growl come from within his great chest.
 
He felt himself harden at her words and thanked the gods that he wore baggy pants today. Doesn't she know what she's doing to him? One more word, one more move and she'll have him all over her.
 
Did he stop himself from answering? Of course not, he was possessed. Possessed by this blue angle….or devil.
 
“And whom do you belong to?” He rumbled out, knowing the answer would set him on fire. His eyes burned into hers, never looking away.
 
“I belong……to no one.” She looked him straight in the eye, his onyx eyes making her want to melt. Her lips curled up wickedly and her eyes shined with heated passion. She felt his arm that was around her waist tightening, and she could do nothing but move even closer to him.
 
Author's Note: Ok ppl I need reviews!!! And check my story every frequently b/c I update soon, I don't know if the author alerts on my story work : :starts to break down and cry: :!!!
 
Review!!!!!
 
(To My Reviewers)
 
Punk Onna- Awwww!! My very first reviewer for the last chapter!!! YAY! Thanks so much for the review I really enjoy hearing from you. Tell me if my author alert don't work. R&R for me!!!
 
Jill- Thanks so much for the review!!! I love hearing from you! R&R for me again!!!
 
dbz fan jess- Haha, I'm so glad you like the new twist cuz there is going to be a lot of surprises around the corner ::smirks evilly:: Are You ready? Mahahahaha ::carries on insanely:: R&R for me!!!!
 
b-chan2007- ::squeals:: Another long review from you and the double reviews that you gave me, I love it!!! Thanks so much. ::squeezes b-chan until she splits in half:: Great job on your one-shot and other chapter that you finally undated, I can't wait to see the end of your other story!!! Review for me again! Email me if my author alerts didn't work!!!
 
Little-fighter88- I don't know where to begin to thank you this past week. First the two long reviews for both my chapters, it made me so happy I was laughing out loud! Then there was the problem with my author alerts that you told me about! I mean, it was like walking around with a 'kick me' sign stuck on my back or something. And you were the one that stepped up to tell me, can't thank you enough for that. Then the final one is editing for me all the time. And dealing with all my mistakes and stuff....I know what you go through, lol. I don't think a simple 'thank you' will do but I don't know what else to say!!! This is getting too long...R&R for me!!!! ::giggles grabbing little-fighter into a tight hug::
 
Nan de mo chibi otoko- Aww, that's so cute... the name I mean. Yah, Veggie is there to help Bulma through it al, lol. Thanks for the review!!! I love hearing from you so review for me again!!!