Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Drama's Of A Teenage Life ❯ Sleeping Beauty ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Now that school is almost beginning, I don't think that I'm going to have that much time to write anymore. So that's why I'm trying to get things out as fast as possible, before school starts….god knows how much I have to do in my senior year ::cries:: So anyway, I hope you like this chapter!

Oh, and last chapter, I didn't realize that ff. net cut off my special features ::cries again:: So sorry for the scene-change confusion.

[To My Reviewers]

Nan De Mo Chibi Otoko- Did you review for me last chapter on mm. org? Cuz I got the email but I can't seem to see new reviews there ::breaks down crying:: Whatever it was, thanks for the review!!! R&R for me...::cute pout::

DBZ-fan-Jess- haha, so you think I should make Veggie pine over this love one? O and about the visiting hours, well….Goku, Chi, Juu and Veg were all orginally staying in the hospital because of their own wounds that needs to be tended to….::sweat drops:: Hope I didn't confuse you too much!!! Review for me again!

Erica- I guess I'll have to keep you wondering if Tomo is still alive or not huh? ::laughs evilly::, I know I was a bit harsh on Trunks but I couldn't help it!!! ::hides behind chairs::

Goku-lover21- so did I really catch you off guard? ::smiles proudly:: Glad you like the chapter, review for me!

PunkOnna- haha, so I see you clearly favor Veggie over Goku huh? ::cough me too cough::….::looks around then turns back to smile innocently:: Review for me again!!

b-chan2007- Mahahahaha ::continues on until someone wakes her on the head:: I know I was a teeny bit harsh on Trunks, but I wanted to explore the relationship btw him and his dad. I guess this is the best way to express it when Bulma is in trouble…..confusing you yet? Hehe. SO you think that Tomo is dead?…..::starts laughing evilly again::…j/k….well….we shall see, but I'm not saying n e thing. ::smiles innocently:: R&R for me!!!

Little-fighter88- haha, your such a peace maker. I should make them all suffer ::laughs insanely:: Yup, ::smiles:: the loser is finally out of the scene, can't believe how many people out there wanted him gone….maybe I should have made him live….::mutters to self, then smiles evilly:: haha j/k. Thanks for the review! Oh and I forgot to tell you in the email, call me Stella! ::smiles brightly:: R&R for me!!!

Candy the Duck- Yah, this was a completely depression chapter, but hey! At least Tomo is gone! ::shoots Tomo's dead body, then smiles innocently::

Chapter 19

Sleeping Beauty

>>>2.5 Months Later>>>>

Vegeta walked quickly to the door after taking his quick shower following football practice. He walked straight to his Porsche, throwing his duffel bag in as he got in, and then spent off.

He glanced at the small black box on the passenger seat as he drove and smirked, knowing that Bulma would love what he bought her.

Finally reaching his destination, he got out of his car taking the small box with him. Vegeta swiftly passed by the familiar tree, garden, steps, halls, and people. Once he reached a certain door, he placed his large hand on the doorknob and slowly pushed it open.

The flowery scent of the room hit him immediately, as he slipped in. Looking around the large room he could see flowers, teddy bears, and pictures of all sorts on the table and some lined up against the wall. His eyes rested on the figure resting in the bed, as he made his way over to Bulma.

Pulling up a chair next to her bed, he looked down at her sleeping form; brushing her bangs away as he softly he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Onna, are you done sleeping yet?" Vegeta asked softly, taking her limp but warm hand into his large ones. "Wake up sleepy head." He brushed his other hand gently against her smooth cheek.

Everyday, for the past two and a half months he would come visit her after school and on weekends he would spend most of his time here with her. He would talk to her, and tell her what happened in school that day, urging her to wake up.

"Homecoming is almost here, look what I bought you for it," he reached down to open the box revealing a beautiful diamond necklace with a sapphire gem in the middle. "It's a diamond necklace with a beautiful sapphire gem. When you wake up we'll go together, but you better hurry or I might go with someone else." He teased, kissing her hand before turning to the door when he heard it open.

"Vegeta," Chichi smiled coming in. Goku, Juu, Krillan all followed behind her, bringing their usual magazines, homework, laptop, flowers and a brand new teddy bear in with them.

"I come with food." Chichi announced knowing that Vegeta hadn't eaten after practice.

Vegeta had almost fainted one time in practice because of the lack of food he ate. He was always so busy with coming from school to the hospital to see Bulma that he forgot to eat all the time. Most of the time the group would stay with Bulma, but Vegeta was the one that got there first and was always the last to go. All of them truly believed that Vegeta was on the verge of insanity now.

"Go eat, I wanna talk to Bulma." Juu said taking Vegeta's seat and beginning to talk about all the gossip and the latest news in school, family and friends. Juu got interrupted when a short, old woman came in dragging a vacuum cleaner.

"Bulma, we'll be right back, ok? The cleaning lady is here, she's kicking us out for awhile again." Juu said softly, placing a kiss on Bulma's cheek. As Juu and her friends all turned to go, they didn't see Bulma's eyes move under her eyelids nor did they see her lips move slightly.

[School, next day]

"Yo Vegeta." Jay shouted catching up to Vegeta as they walked to class. Vegeta glanced at Jay to acknowledge him.

"Got into another cat fight?" Vegeta smirked at the slap mark across Jay's face.

"Haha, very funny." Jay laughed sarcastically. "That Tina girl was spreading rumors again. And she told everyone that you guys slept together."

Vegeta didn't say anything, as they walked down to their class. Neither denying it nor admitting it which made Jay all the more suspicious since everyone saw Vegeta drive Tina over to his house yesterday after school.

They could all see that Vegeta was slowly changing into a soulless man. His moods were very unstable; changing so often and sudden that it was hard to tell what he was going to do next; it's like, without Bulma he's slowly going crazy.

All of the girls were now throwing themselves at Vegeta now that Bulma wasn't there. He would say a cruel comment, ignore them, or become really flirtatious. Most of the time Tina would be there, practically throwing herself on him.

They walked into the classroom only to have all the female eyes turn towards Vegeta, and all the male eyes turn towards Vegeta in envy.

"Damn. I would kill for this affect." Jay muttered as they made their way over to an empty desk.

As soon as Vegeta sat down, all the girls crowded around him at once; all trying to get his full attention. The teacher finally walked in ordering everyone to sit back at their own desks.

"Today we will be learning about--" The gray haired, middle aged teacher was cut off by a loud ringing of someone's cell phone. He narrowed his eyes at Vegeta, who nonchalantly flipped his phone open and started talking.

"What?" Vegeta demanded through the phone.

::Mr. Ouji? You asked me to contact you when Bulma's condition changed. :: Bulma's nurses said through the phone, catching Vegeta's attention right away.

"What is her condition?" Vegeta asked, standing up immediately getting ready to go.

::She woke up 20 minutes ago. ::

"I'll be right over." Vegeta said coolly, but could barely contain his excitement. He strode to the door quickly.

"Wait Vegeta! What is it?" Jay shouted after him in confusion. He had no doubt it was about Bulma when he heard Vegeta say `her condition'.

"She's awake." Vegeta threw over his shoulder before walking out, and for the first time in months, Jay saw real happiness in Vegeta's eyes.

The shocked teacher recovered from Vegeta's behavior and turned to blame Jay on the interruption only to find him running out the door, screaming after Vegeta.

"Bulma is awake?!?!?!?" Jay's voice traveled down the empty, echoing halls.

The classroom exploded at the news, everyone talking all at once.

[Car]

"When?" Jay asked Vegeta as they spent off to the hospital as quickly as possible.

"20 minutes ago. It took that damn nurse 20 minutes to call me." Vegeta growled, angrily. But relaxed at the thought of seeing Bulma's blue eyes again, seeing her smile at him, and hearing her laugher. "Aren't you going to call Blondie and the Harpy?"

Jay raised an eyebrow in amusement, after all these years it still amused him at the names Vegeta had given Juu and Chichi.

"Its times like these that I wonder what you named me." Jay muttered dialing a familiar number.

"Tin can." Vegeta smirked, hearing Jay chuckle beside him.

"Yo sis, Bulma's wake. Come to the hospital." Juu said before hanging up on her, knowing that it would piss her off.

[Trig class]

"WHAT?!!!" Juu screamed, causing everyone to look at her. She answered her cell without anyone noticing but now that she was standing up with a phone pressed to her ear, it was kind of hard not to.

She glared at the phone knowing that Jay hung up on her. `I'll deal with him later,' she thought.

"JUU GEROOO!!!! HOW DARE YOU-" the short tempered teacher began, face red, finger pointed at Juu.

Juu grabbed Goku's hand, running out of the classroom door with a screaming teacher behind them.

They passed by various closed doors; Juu stopped in front of the door numbered 202 and pushed it open without a second thought.

"……the molecule merges with this cell to create--" The science teacher was rudely cut off by the door slamming open, revealing Juu and Goku.

"Bulma's awake." Juu shouted in pure excitement to Chichi and Krillan, who sat in the middle of the classroom.

[L.A Medical Hospital]

20 minutes ago……………

Bulma slowly blinked her eyes. Her vision was blurry at first but then started to clear up when she focused on one spot.

She inhaled deeply, smelling the fresh summer air mixed with all different kinds of delicate fragrances. Her head throbbed slightly with every breath she took.

Turning her head to the side, she hissed at the pain behind her head, her face scrunching up in pain. `What happened? Where the hell am I?' She thought as she slowly opened her eyes again to look around her.

To her right stood a sofa, and a coffee table filled with flowers, chocolate and teddy bears. Behind the sofa she could see a large window leading to a small balcony. To her left was a light green colored wall, all the tables and walls were lined with flowers, pictures and cards.

She sat up slowly, her head feeling a bit heavy. Feeling a bit better after a second of sitting up she slowly swung her feet to the carpeted floor. Through the window of the hospital room, she could see a few nurses and people walking around. But none seem to have seen her get up.

Bulma gasped, quickly grabbing the bars on the bed to steady herself. Why did her legs feel so weak? She could barely lift herself up, grunting as she held onto the chair next to her bed as she gently eased more and more weight onto her legs until they were used to her weight.

Walking slowly towards the door, every step she took she smelt a different aroma of flowers. Picking up a pretty card she flipped it open and read.

Nee-chan,

You look beautiful sleeping, but please wake up soon. I wanna talk to you again. I miss you a lot.

Love Boxer.

Bulma smiled seeing his boyish handwriting written so neatly in deep blue crayon on the card. Placing it back on the table, next to the roses she grabbed the doorknob and yanked to door open. Looking around she saw people moving around quickly to get to places, as she walked out of the room pajama clad she heard someone gasp.

She turned around to find a fifty-year-old man in a walking stick, wearing similar pajamas pointing a shaky finger at her.

`Do I really look that bad?' Bulma thought looking down at her clothing.

"You're awake!!!" The old man choked out beginning a couching fit. Behind him two nurses rushed to him, hearing him cough. One blonde hair woman looked up, her green eyes widening seeing Bulma.

"O dear lord!" She exclaimed, "Stacy go get the doctor!"

Bulma watched confused as the nurse lead the old man to sit down on the chair in the hallway. Then turned to her and shooed her back in the room and onto the bed like a mother hen.

"What's going on? Who was that man? What am I doing here?" Bulma shot questions at the nurse who was trying to get her to sit down.

"Just sit tight until the doctor gets here dear." The nurse said gently, pulling the covers back on her.

In next minute a tall middle aged doctor walked in. He had dark blue almost black hair and black eyes with a tint of blue in them. Something about him looked familiar…

"Bulma! You're awake!" he exclaimed.

Bulma quirked an eyebrow up, seeing him rush up to her and hug her. Bulma stiffened feeling his arms around her. Aren't doctors not allowed to do that? She thought.

"What's going on here?" Bulma asked as he pulled back; taking the clipboard from the nurse.

"Don't you remember?" Umihiko asked, studying her confused face. He had prayed that she wouldn't loose her memory because that was the part of her brain that was hit.

Before Bulma could answer Dr. Willos walked in quickly, taking Bulma's hand giving it a friendly squeeze.

Bulma smiled at him. Ever since the day she learned how to crawl, Dr. Willos had always been her doctor, he was like a part of her family now. She felt more comfortable with him then any other doctor.

"Bulma, my dear! I see you're finally awake." Dr. Willos smiled warmly as her face started to color with anger.

"I swear, if I hear another person say `You're awake' I'll smash their head against the wall over and over again." Bulma scowled, crossing her arms over her chest getting a chuckle from Dr. Willos. "What happened? Why am I here? Where's my dad?"

At her last question Dr. Willos glanced at Dr. Sachiyo who looked away in disappointment. `She so doesn't remember…' Dr. Willos thought, smiling back down at Bulma.

"Dr. Sachiyo, I think I'll take over from here." Dr. Willos nodded to the other doctor. Once the door was closed behind Umihiko, Dr. Willos turned to look back down at Bulma. "I will answer all your questions after you answer mine."

Getting a nod from Bulma, he began. "What is your name?" He sent an apologetic look to her annoyed face, "It's procedure."

"Bulma Briefs. 17 years old, 5'4", daughter of Theodore Briefs who's the president of Capsule Co., senior at Orange Star High School." She replied rolling her eyes.

"Good, good." Dr. Willos mumbled, writing quickly on the sheet pinned to the clipboard. "What's today's date?"

He looked up when she didn't reply right away.

Bulma opened her mouth to reply but no words came out. She furrowed her eyebrows; a small bit of panic started to rise up her. Why couldn't she remember? What was yesterday's date? Looking up she glanced around to look for clues only to find none, no calendar anywhere. She looked towards the window next to the door only to find the blinds shut.

Unnoticed to her, Dr. Willos scribbled something down on his paper and walked to the table next to her bed pouring her a glass of water to calm her heaving body. Knowing full well that she was starting to get scared.

"Bulma, here have a glass of water." Dr. Willos said softly, handing her a glass of water. "Next question; what's the last thing you remember before you woke up here?"

Bulma thought deeply, thinking about what she did before waking up here.

"Kakkarote, go get the paper." Vegeta rumbled a dangerous tone in his voice.

"Vegeta! I can't believe you."

"He shouldn't put his foot on where it doesn't belong." He grunted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's not like he stepped on your territory or something."

Bulma closed her eyes, remembering something more.

"Don't worry, no little pests to bother me today."

"No wonder it's so quiet. Did you finally kill them all?"

Chichi's light laugher sounded through her head.

"We were….I was getting ready for a party." Bulma mumbled her brows still furrowed, Dr. Willos caught every word clearly. "The party was on a four day weekend…"

"Yes?" Dr. Willos encouraged, writing something down on his paper.

"Chichi called to tell me about the storm…" Bulma said softly, her eyes glazing over. "I don't remember anything after the shower and getting dressed!" Bulma said louder, rubbing her head frustrated. After the shower, that was it! Just blank!

"It's ok. Take it easy, it'll come back to you slowly." Dr. Willos took Bulma's hand in his comfortingly.

"What am I doing here?" Bulma asked her head snapping up to him, her eyes filled with fear, confusion and frustration.

"You had an accident and nearly drowned in New York. You were in a coma for more then two months now. It appears that you have amnesia from bumping the back of your head while you were fighting." Dr. Willos said calmly.

"Fighting in New York? What fight? With who?" She asked confused and shocked.

"That I'm not sure. However you can ask your friends, they were at the fight too." Dr. Willos finished right at the moment Vegeta and Jay burst through the door.

"Vegeta! Jay!" She smiled brightly as they rushed to her.

Bulma was more then surprised when Vegeta pulled her into his strong embrace. Sure Vegeta had hugged her before, but not in public. When he pulled back she smiled at him looking into his intense onyx eyes. She studied him, trying to read what was different about him…there was something different about him…something different between the two of them…

"Bulma!!!" Juu and Chichi screamed rushing in towards her.

Bulma's smiled widened as they squeezed her in a hug all of them talking all at once.

"Can you guys tell me what happened? I don't remember how I got here." Bulma said, as she pulled back getting shocked looks from all of them.

"You-You don't remember?!" Goku asked stepping forward. They all glanced at Vegeta then back to Bulma.

Bulma tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Did…I get raped or something?" Bulma asked, fear slipping into her eyes.

"No!" Chichi said incredulously.

"Dr. Willos said that I was in coma for more then two months, and that I nearly drowned and got my head bumped, that's why I have amnesia." Bulma said, looking around for the disappeared doctor. Her gaze landed on Vegeta, who sat away from the rest, his face expressionless, but his eyes held a hint of sadness and disappointment.

"So what is it that you last remember?" Krillan asked.

"The party that we were going to go to. I don't remember anything after showering and dressing…everything was just blank from them on." Bulma said, searching for answers on their faces. "Who was I fighting with? What was I doing up in New York? How did I end up here?" Bulma asked the silent group.

None of them moved, not knowing what they should and shouldn't tell her.

Getting irritated she was about to scream at them to answer but her father's voice stopped her.

"Bulma!" Theodore ran in, pulling her into a tight hug, which she gladly returned.

"Daddy!!!" Bulma cried, burying herself in his safe arms.

Theodore couldn't help a big sigh of relief. He had been more then lucky that not only had Bulma woken up, but she also didn't remember anything; according to what Dr. Willos told him.

"What happened?!" She asked hoping that he would finally tell her what the hell happened when no one would.

"You got into a coma and-" he started.

"I know all that. What I want to know is what I was doing up in New York. Why did I get into a fight? With who? Why did I nearly drown?" Bulma asked, narrowing her eyes at him to answer.

"You're tired now, sweetheart-"

"I'm NOT tired. I want to know what happened!"

"I'll tell you after you get some rest."

"Haven't I slept enough? Or would you rather me go back into a coma?" Bulma huffed, turning her head away and crossing her arms over her chest.

Oh yah, they all recognize Bulma's super spoiled brat stance. It's the when-I-want-something-I-want-it-NOW stance.

Not two minutes back in his life and he found himself spoiling her again. But he couldn't help it! By gods! He just could never say `no' to her.

"Bulma! Sweetheart, please-"

"I swear to god I'll slam my head against that wall if you don't tell me now!" She cried dramatically getting a frustrated look on Theodore's face, a smirk from Vegeta, and a pure look of amazement from everyone else.

"If I could have a word with you alone, Theodore." Dr. Willos came in saving him from Bulma's wrath. Theodore quickly got up, pecking Bulma's red flushed cheeks then walked out; all the while feeling her glare on his back.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Bulma needs her rest now." The nurse said, polity asking them to leave. They all said by to Bulma as they turned to go, getting a sad smile from them.

[Hallway]

Umihiko stood quietly next to Theodore in the hall. Both men seem to be lost in their own thoughts until Dr. Willos' voice pulled them out of it.

"It seems that Bulma has amnesia." Dr. Willos said looking at both men's expression, which was contradicting greatly. One a shadow of doom and one a filled with hope.

So he had lied to Bulma before, he did know perfectly well what happened. But given the orders by both parents, he wasn't to be the one to reveal anything to her but her condition.

"She might remember over time." Umihiko said, digging his hands inside the pockets of his white medical coat.

"Or she might never remember any of the things she found out." Theodore said, knowing that Umihiko was glaring at him.

"I brought you two out here to tell you that Bulma's condition is stabilized. Though I can't let her out of the hospital for another week." Dr. Wallos said, reaching his hand out to shake Umihiko's hand then Theodore's. "Now, whether you two decide to tell her to truth about everything and I know I have no say in this. But keep in mind that Bulma has the right to know what her true identity is." He paused seeing Theodore's expression fall slightly at his point. "But," he said drawing their attention again. "I've known Bulma ever since you adopted her. I've watched her grow from a small innocent child to a bright young girl then to the brilliant and beautiful woman she is today. Therefore, I urge you to think about it in her point of view and not just what you two want and what you need. If you love her, you two will do what's best for her." With that he turned and left; leaving the two men to think over those words.

After a moment of silence, both men shifted uncomfortably. Not knowing where to begin.

"How did we end up like this?" Umihiko sighed, looking at the man before him, his ex best friend and co-worker.

"You stole Nagomi from me, that's where it all began." Theodore replied dryly.

"Then you stole my daughter to get even." Umihiko countered, smiling sarcastically at how fate had played with them so harshly.

"I found Bulma and we loved her from the very beginning." Theodore countered, walking to the cafeteria.

"I found Nagomi and we fell in love from the very beginning." Umihiko followed him, countering him just as quickly.

"So you didn't gradually fall in love? How long was it before you two betrayed me?"

"And it took you how long to ask me that question?"

"I didn't want to deal with your incompetence back then."

"What changed?"

"The situation that we're in right now." Theodore replied coolly, pulling out the chair and sitting.

"You never do change do you? Theodore Briefs." Umihiko leaned back in his chair, his face pulled in a grin and his dark blue eyes twinkled.

"I guess not. Still the same honorable, noble, self-sacrificing person I was twenty-five years ago."

"Person? Are you sure that's not a dog you're describing?"

"Even a rapist has more honor then someone who sleeps with his best friend's fiancée."

"You wouldn't be talking about me would you?"

"That dog wouldn't be me now would it?" Theodore countered just as quickly, as they entered a staring contest.

After all these years, they both hadn't changed all that much; still as stubborn and hot headed as they had been back when they were in high school.

"Bulma belongs to me." Umihiko started again his eyes reflecting a certain amount of respect for the other man.

"She isn't a piece of property to be claimed." Theodore said, sounding very reasonable, even through he sure as hell disagreed with what Umihiko just said.

"Cut the crap, Theodore."

"She doesn't remember anything and last time I remember, her life fell apart when she found out."

"That's your doing. If you told her the truth long ago then she would have been able to handle it. Better yet, you could have given her back to her rightful parents."

"I legally adopted her and that was before I found out she was your daughter."

"Bullshit." Umihiko snorted.

"Believe what you want. Bulma is staying here in California-"

"She's is going back with me. You have no right-"

"And YOU have no right to just ruin her life again."

"Again? What the hell-"

"Yes, again. If she didn't find out about you then she wouldn't have ran away to New York and nearly got killed." Theodore said glaring at him.

"If you were a good father to her then you would have watched her better. Where were you when she was nearly killed? Up here thinking that she's somewhere still in the state."

"Its not called watching, it's called trusting. I trust her; she has always been a level headed, responsible, smart girl. I have raised her better then you ever could."

"You spoiled her!"

"I gave her the best of everything. Something your poor ass could never do."

"Your last name has ruined her. Because of your name, people from different nations try to kidnap her, putting her in danger all through her life. What? You think I don't know about that?"

"And what made you think that she'll be safe with you? It'll make it all the more easier to kidnap her in the slum where you live."

"I am more then capable of protecting her."

"Whatever you can do, I will always do better." Theodore growled lowly.

"Apparently not. If you called loosing your fiancée-"

"If you call loosing your daughter's and nearly your wife's lives, capable of protecting; then I'm not sure about your intelligence-"

"That was an accident!" Umihiko shouted, slamming his fist down on the table causing everyone's head to turn to look at him.

The nurse hurried over and quietly told them to leave if they couldn't control their voices. Both got up and walked out, both knowing that they would explode again sometime soon.

"Think about it, Sachiyo." Theodore began again in a calmer voice, as they walked through the garden of the hospital. "She has everything here. In school she's the smartest, prettiest, and most popular girl. At home she has all her siblings that love her. Here she has all her friends that care for her. If you take that away…her life will fall apart."

"She's my daughter-"

"It doesn't matter whose daughter she is!!!" Theodore exclaimed loudly, turning sharply to face him. "She has the best of everything here. This is her home. This is where she belongs! What future does she have in New York?"

"What do you expect me to do? Just turn my back and leave her to you?"

"Knowing that she's safe, loved, and well-cared for, I see no reason not to." Theodore answered, looking into Umihiko's dark blue ones. "You will only be in her way if you stay. Go on with your life and let her go on with hers. It was god's gift to us that Bulma forgot."

Umihiko looked away from Theodore. The man is right; Bulma had the best of everything here. She's like a princess here. No matter what place in New York they lived it, it was always much more dangerous there then here. He knew that Theodore had the best security system, the most powerful and most influential people to help him. Hell, the only reason why he didn't file a lawsuit against Theodore was because he had no doubt he would lose. That, and the fact that it would ruin Bulma's life, knowing that it would take months maybe even years the finish the case.

"Sadaka Sachiyo is my daughter. She came to New York looking for her real family. She wants to remember, she wants to be with her real family." Umihiko said firmly.

Theodore didn't say anything then. He didn't know what do say, sure Bulma had the best of everything here. But when she found out, she had run from him to go looking for her real family. Was it god's gift for him that Bulma had forgotten? Or was it a sign for him to right the wrong he had done so long ago in the past. He had been lying when he said that he didn't know Bulma was Umihiko's daughter when he had adopted her.

"Excuse me." Juu's voice said, pulling both men out of their own thoughts. "There is something you both should know before you decide about who's getting Bulma and who's not."

"And you would be?" Umihiko asked politely looking at Chichi and Juu.

"Two of her childhood best friends." Theodore answered for Juu. "Go right ahead Juu." He smiled at her lightly.

"Me, Chichi, Bulma and the rest of the guys over there," Juu tipped her head to a group of guys that sat under an oak tree talking quietly to themselves "grew up with one another. So there isn't anything that Bulma wouldn't tell us and there isn't anything that she could hide from us either. What I'm trying to say is that; we were with Bulma when she went through the whole thing."

"Bulma was sad and heartbroken that her `father' had lied to her all her life about who she really was." Chichi said glancing at Bulma's father, seeing his face cloud over with guilt. "When she went to New York, she had gone with the intention of meeting you. But when she got there and actually saw her mother, she had the choice and chance to confront her; but she didn't."

"Have you ever thought that maybe she was afraid too?" Umihiko pointed out.

"She wasn't. She would have confronted you if she really wanted to." Chichi assured, her chocolate brown eyes bore into Umihiko's.

"We were going to go back home the next day. But then we ran into Tomoyuki…" Juu trailed off, all of them knowing what happened after that.

"What we're trying to say is that; Bulma realized that she was happy here. With her family." Chichi finished softly.

[Under the tree]

Krillan glanced over at where Juu stood with Chichi, watching as they talked animatedly to both of Bulma's fathers. He sighed, leaning back against the large tree, glancing at Vegeta who sat at another angle of the tree with his eyes closed as if meditating. Goku was at his right, arms behind his head eyes closed and clearly enjoying the warm summer day.

Krillan sat quietly thinking to himself. Juu had told him about how far Vegeta's relationship with Bulma went, and by the looks of how things were going; Vegeta was back at step one again. Over the past two and a half months, they had all watched Vegeta obsess over Bulma, if she had died he would have without doubt gone insane. Vegeta had barely eaten, and when he was not with Bulma he would be training himself crazy until the point where he would pass out.

"Wait! Bulma's getting out next week?! Then she's not going to make it for homecoming." Goku stated all of a sudden just figuring it out.

Vegeta and Krillan rolled their eyes at him, turning back to their own thoughts.

[Near Parking Lot]

Umihiko and Theodore watched Chichi and Juu walk back towards their group before turning to walk to the parking lot. They both knew that whatever it was that they decide on they had to do it quick, this couldn't last.

Neither men wanted to loose their daughter.

There is only one Bulma.

There is only one choice.

Author's Note: So what do you guys think? ::hopeful eyes:: Tell me in the REVIEWWWWWWWWW