Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Life And Times of 18 ❯ Concrete Angel ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-See the last chapter's. It the same

Concrete Angel

Irisa woke up with her head against the dresser and the worst headache imaginable. For a few seconds she thought her skull had cracked, but when she got up and straightened herself, she saw that she was fine.

Looking in the bathroom mirror as she prepared for school, she was appalled by the sight. A huge bruise covered the left side of her face. There were more scattered on her arms, legs, and neck.

Picking up the brush, she flipped her hair over to the left side of her face and brushed it down to hide the purple and blue stain on her face.

She didn't know how long this had been going on. It had been months since Thomas first came into her room, accusing her of knowing that Lily was going commit suicide. Since then, whenever he'd been out drinking, he'd come into either her, Nathan's, or Will's room and beat them senseless until he was sober. Last night was her turn. Before that was Nathan's turn, and last week, it was Will's.

She went into her room and pulled on her clothes, making sure to pick out clothes that hid the bruises. Unfortunately, those were the clothes she'd worn the day before, but beggars can't be choosers. She went into the kitchen, where her two brothers were making their lunches.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked, tossing her the loaf of bread.

"I'll live," she said, starting to prepare her lunch.

"Are you three still here?" Thomas's voice bellowed from upstairs.

"Run!" Will pushed his adoptive siblings out of the kitchen and out the font door.

She walks to school with the lunch she packed

Nobody knows what she's holding back

Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday

She hides the bruises with linen and lace

Their teacher, Mrs. Cino, looked up as they ran in the room, breathless. "You're here early," she commented.

"My father insisted," Will explained as the three took their seats.

'He's been insisting a lot lately,' Mrs. Cino thought. "Irisa, nice hairstyle."

"Thanks," she said. "I came up with it this morning."

"Really?" Mrs. Cino eyed them, but asked no more questions.

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask

It's hard to see the pain behind the mask

"Hey, Irisa!" Irisa's one friend, Maron, (A/N: GASP!) came running up to her as the last bell rang. "What's up?"

"Nothing," Irisa said, shrugging.

"What's up with the bruise on the back of your neck?"

Bearing the burden of a secret storm

Sometimes she wishes she was never born

"Oh, I tripped backwards and hit my neck on something," Irisa lied. "Listen, I gotta go, 'K? I'll catch up with you later."

"Bye," Maron said, as Irisa sped off back to the house.

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't rise above

Irisa fingered the angel costume in her closet that Lily had left for her in the will they had discovered the day of the funeral. It was so beautiful. She could see why Lily had wanted to be an angel. It made her realize that she wanted to be one, too.

But her dreams

Give her wings

And she flies to a place

Where she's loved

Concrete Angel

Her door swung open very late that night. She was prepared for it as she sat up in bed and waited.

"I heard one of your little friends, that brat Maron, saw the bruise on your neck," Thomas yelled. "Her mother called awhile ago and said I should watch you better." He was right in her face now. "I'll watch you better, all right."

Instead of her hair, he grabbed her head and rammed it into the wall, causing the dent where her head hit.

Laughing, he rammed her head into the wall again. When blood appeared on the side of her head, he was more than pleased and repeated his monstrous act.

It was too much. The normally silent beating Irisa received was interrupted as she opened her mouth and screamed.

Somebody cries in the middle of the night

The neighbors hear but they turn out the light

No one came in. Her brothers both knew they wouldn't be able to help her.

A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate

When morning comes, it'll be too late

The pain ripped through her head and into her entire body as she continued to scream out.

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't rise above

But her dreams

Give her wings

And she flies to a place

Where she's loved

Concrete Angel

Enough was enough. The time of hiding was over. Before she knew was happening, Thomas had been pushed over, her arms grabbed, and she was being pulled down the stairs.

Looking behind her, she saw her brothers following her.

She looked up.

Lily smiled down at her and bore her out of the house.

A statue stands in a shaded place

An angel girl with an upturned face

Irisa opened her eyes to find that she was lying by a grave, her two brothers shaking her, trying to get her to sit up. The sun was up

"I'm alive, I'm alive!" she whispered hoarsely, pushing their hands off her. She rolled over and got a glimpse of the head stone. She gasped at the name.

A name is written on a polished rock

A broken heart that the world forget

Lily.

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't rise above

"Irisa?"

The three turned to look at a blue-haired beauty came up to them with her mother, carrying flowers for a deceased loved one.

"Maron?" Irisa asked.

"What are you doing here?"

But her dreams

Give her wings

"Oh my God!" Maron's mother, Christina, exclaimed when Nathan had finished the tale. "That 6@$t@rd, I'll make sure he pays for this."

"What about Irisa and Nathan and Will?" Maron asked, looking up at her mother.

Christina looked thoughtful for a minute. "They're coming with us."

And she flies to a place

Where she's loved

Concrete Angel

Well? How did I do? Was it divinely good? Was it so bad that I should rot to death? The song is supposed to end with the girl dying, but she apparently didn't. This was the only song I could find that fit, though. Prep yourself for a few more depressing chapters, but then her life will gradually get better after the Cell Games.

REVIEW!!