Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ Lunch ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, but if anyone hears about them being sold, like maybe on E-bay (which I also don't own), then let me know. I'd sure love to have the Z-fighters to keep me company. Especially certain members on those lonely nights when…Okay, that's enough of my fantasy.

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone who has reviewed. I always enjoy reading them and I love you to death for being so nice. Just please keep it up because that's the best way to get me to put up new chapters!

AT SCHOOL

Gohan - (is sitting in trig class wishing the bell would ring already so that all those math nerds from way back when could just go back to being dead.)

Mikomi - (is sitting next to Gohan in trig class staring at the clock when her stomach starts growling.) Gohan.

Gohan - What?

Mikomi - When's lunch?

Gohan - After this class. Why?

Mikomi - I didn't eat breakfast. (As if to prove her point, her stomach suddenly growls loudly causing everyone in the classroom to turn to see what had caused the noise.)

Teacher - Mikomi! Stop that noise!

Mikomi - I'm sorry, sir, but I can't. It's my stomach. (The class starts giggling.) (Mikomi then stands up.) (Irately) It's not funny! I have to get some food!

Gohan - Mikomi! Shh! Try to blend in, remember?

Mikomi - (sits down.) Oops.

Teacher - If that is all, I would like to get back to right triangles.

Mikomi - Sorry, sir. It won't happen again.

Teacher - Good. I don't want any more outbursts like that from anyone.

(He turns to put the next problem on the board and the bell rings.) Well, forget it. Just remember your homework is due tomorrow. (Everyone has rushed out of class toward the cafeteria.)

Gohan - Come on, Mikomi. I'll show you the where the cafeteria is and what's safe to eat.

Mikomi - I'd appreciate that.

Gohan - (leads Mikomi to the lunch line.) How much money did Bulma give you for lunch?

Mikomi - Money? Ooo…I knew there was something I forgot! Dang! I don't know how I'll make it the rest of the day without food! I'm famished!!

Gohan - Mom didn't give me much money, but you can eat some of my lunch.

Mikomi - (smiles sweetly) You'd do that for me?

Gohan - Yeah.

Mikomi - That's so sweet, but I can't let you do that. You need to eat, too.

Gohan - It's no big deal.

Mikomi - Gohan.

Gohan - Yes.

Mikomi - Just get your food and eat it. I'll make do.

Lunch Lady - (rudely) Whadya want?

Gohan - (turns around) Oh, I didn't know I was next!

Lunch Lady - (very rudely) Well, you know now. Whadya want?

Mikomi - How dare she?!? Are you going to let her talk to you like that?

Gohan - (ignores Mikomi and gets his lunch. Then he leads her to his normal lunch table.)

Mikomi - I don't understand. You're so powerful, yet you let these simple humans treat you disrespectfully? Someone needs to teach that lady some manners.

Gohan - No one is supposed to know, so shush! Here comes the gang.

Erasa - (walks up with Videl and Sharpener in tow.) Hey, Gohan. I see you brought Mikomi. (Everyone takes a seat with Sharpener being sure he sits next to Mikomi.)

Sharpener - So, Mikomi, what do you think of Orange Star High so far?

Mikomi - Well…(is about to tell the truth when she catches the warning look Gohan is sending her.) Outside of the stupid name, it's okay here. Everyone is so friendly I can't help but enjoy it. It's just so homey.

Sharpener - Glad to here it.

Erasa - Hey, Mikomi, why don't you have a lunch?

Mikomi - I forgot to get lunch money.

Erasa - That's a shame. I bet Videl could loan you some.

Videl - (has been concentrating on her food, but looks up long enough to glare at Erasa.) I guess I could. Dad always gives me extra. Besides, You're a friend of Gohan's. (She smiles at Gohan, which doesn't go unnoticed by Mikomi.)

Mikomi - I couldn't because I'd feel badly. Like I was using you or something.

Erasa - Come on Mikomi.

Videl - You heard her, Erasa. She doesn't want to.

Gohan - (quickly changes the subject.) Everyone ready for that test in English?

Erasa - We all know you and Videl are, but I doubt I'll do very good.

Sharpener - I still don't know why we have to learn English. We live in Japan for Dende's sake.

Erasa - Mikomi, are you any good at English?

Mikomi - I don't know. I've never had problems with any language before.

Erasa - Well, good luck with English. It's pretty hard.

Stranger - (is standing nearby, unnoticed.) Mikomi?

Mikomi - (turns around, recognizes the guy, and gets up to greet him.) Hey, Trunks!

Mirai Trunks - (gives Mikomi a death glare.)

Mikomi - I mean Joe! (She hugs him while the group watches.) Hey, these are my friends. Erasa, Sharpener, and Videl.

Mirai - (waves)

Erasa - He's cute. I wonder what he's doing here. Are he and Mikomi dating?

Gohan - No. He just lives with her family.

Erasa - Oh. (That bit of information has just made her day.)

Mikomi - So, what are you doing here?

Mirai - Mom told me to bring you some lunch money and I thought I might stay and eat with you. I didn't know how many friends you would make on your first day. (thinks) Especially with the way you act at home.

Mikomi - Well, thanks. (She takes the money Trunks offers and makes a beeline for the lunch line with him in tow.) Look, you can go. I'm sure Vegeta needs his sitter, and I'm okay. Okay?

Mirai - Okay. I'll see you when you get home.

Mikomi - Bye. (She turns to the rude lunch lady and places her request. After picking up and paying for her four trays of food, she sits back down at the table.)

Erasa - Who was that?

Mikomi - Oh, Joe Boxer. [Just for good measure, I don't own Joe Boxer either.] (She starts chowing down.)

Videl - Joe Boxer, isn't he Bulma Brief's cousin?

Mikomi - Yeah. (She continues eating.)

Erasa - You know Bulma Brief?

Mikomi - Yeah. (She's still scarfing food.)

Erasa - THE Bulma Brief of Capsule Corps.?!?

Mikomi - (stops eating.) Yes, I know Bulma Brief. I live with her for Dende's sake! [Needless to say, Mikomi, like all Saiyans, would much rather eat than play twenty questions.]

Sharpener - Why do you live with her?

Mikomi - She's my sister-in-law.

Videl - You're her husband's sister?!?

Mikomi - For the last time, yes!

Gohan - (is desperate to get everyone to leave Mikomi alone before she does something rash.) What have you heard about him, Videl?

Videl - Oh, just that's he's mean, rude, cruel, and tough. He's supposedly almost as good a fighter as my dad. He just never comes to the tournaments.

Mikomi - (chokes)

Videl - Are you okay.

Mikomi - (once again catches Gohan's warning look just in the nick of time.) I'm fine. It's just, uh, hard to believe someone's as, um, good as, well, your dad. (She quickly finishes her last few bites.)

Gohan - (gives Mikomi a look of approval at her quick save, and breathes a sigh of relief.) (thinks) I can't wait until school is over so she can torture Vegeta and Trunks instead of me! I thought she and Videl were about to get in a fight! I'm going to have to watch those two closely.

Erasa - I know, but I bet Videl's almost as tough. Oh, and don't forget about the Great Saiyaman.

Gohan - Speaking of the Great Saiyaman, have you learned anything new about him, Videl?

Videl - No. I wish I knew his true identity.

Gohan - Maybe you'll find out one day.

Mikomi - Or maybe she won't.

Videl - What's that supposed to mean!

Mikomi - Only that the Great Saiyaman may be able to cover his tracks long enough to keep you from finding out. Besides, a good-looking guy that helps other people, but won't let anyone know his name is really mysterious. You know, you might not really want to know who he is? It's the mystery that makes him so interesting, and well, sexy. (She looks at Gohan.) (At that the bell rings and everyone heads for class, with Gohan thanking Dende everyone survived.)

A/N: Another short chapter! I'm going to have to do better in the future!

A/N2: Well, it looks like Mikomi has a crush, and she seems to be ruining his life. Maybe, she'll eventually learn how to behave in public. Until then, Gohan might be better off putting her on a leash and gagging her while they're at school. (I'm not condoning this type of behavior outside of the bedroom. Man is my mind in the gutter lately!) Will Mikomi and Videl have a showdown for the man they both want? Well, you won't find out in the next chapter, but if you keep reading, all things will be revealed in their own sweet time. Remember: R&R!!!