Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ School Is Out! ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Okay, okay, I give in. I do own DBZ and Sailor Moon, and I'm a multimillionaire. (Pinches self) Ouch! Dang it! I was dreaming here, thank you very much!

A/N: It's that time again, another update. This time I have very little to say except that I really appreciate all my reviewers and I love you lots. Enjoy everyone!

Gohan - (is sitting in his last class of the day, History. So far his day hasn't been going all that great. He looks over at Mikomi who is sound asleep on her new book, drooling and snoring.) (thinks) Look at her, sound asleep after causing so much trouble at lunch. If I hadn't been there, she and Videl would have had a catfight right there. Thing is, I don't know who I would have rather won. Dende, I wish she had just kept her mouth shut! I guess she gets that from Vegeta.

Teacher - Mr. Son, are you with us?

Gohan - Uh, Sir?

Teacher - (sighs) Mr. Son, you aren't normally like this. If Miss Mikomi is too much of a distraction, I'll have her move.

Gohan - No sir, that's not necessary.

Teacher - Then I suggest you pay attention to the lesson.

Gohan - Yes sir. [Gohan just can't stay out of trouble today.] (The bell rings.)

Mikomi - (sleepily) Is class over already?

Gohan - (is already half-way out the door.) Yes, now lets go home.

Mikomi - Okay. (She follows Gohan outside.)

Gohan - (is walking fast and hasn't said a word to Mikomi since the classroom. After walking about three blocks from school, he turns down an alley and takes to the air, with Mikomi in pursuit.)

Mikomi - (is having trouble keeping up with Gohan and realizes that is exactly what he had in mind, so after following him for about ten miles she just stops mid-air.)

Gohan - (senses Mikomi's ki is no longer following him and turns around to find her in case she's lost.)

Mikomi - (has her arms crossed over her chest [think Vegeta] and is glaring at

Gohan when he approaches.) What is your problem?

Gohan - Nothing, now let's just get out of here.

Mikomi - (slaps Gohan across the face.) You should at least have the decency to tell me why you're avoiding me instead of lying to me.

Gohan - (is really pissed) You want to know why? It's because you have absolutely ruined my day. First you get me in trouble twice in first period, you "accidentally" went in the guys locker room, you tried everything you could to start a fight with Videl, you nearly blew our secret about a billion times in front of everyone, especially when you forgot your lunch money and Trunks had to bring it! Why not just have Vegeta bring it by next time and Final Flash me out of my misery!!!

Mikomi - Well, at least I now know how you feel! Since I'm such a burden, I'll find my own way home!!! (She takes off for CC.)

Gohan - (watches her leave but feels guilty after a minute or two, I mean, it wasn't like she ruined his day on purpose, and being related to the ever forgiving Goku, he decides to follow her and apologize.)

Mikomi - (was on her way home when she felt Gohan's ki coming her way, not toward the 439 Mountain Range. Not wanting to talk with him anymore, she puts on every ounce of speed she can and races to CC. When she arrives, she lands on the front lawn, enters, slamming the door behind her, and storms off toward her room.)

Mirai Trunks - (is watching Sailor Moon on the television with his Chibi counterpart when Mikomi lands outside. He knows something is wrong by her heightened ki and when she comes through the den, his suspicions are confirmed.) Hey, Mikomi. How was school?

Mikomi - (stops long enough to glare at Trunks for mentioning the loathsome place.) It sucked, big time. (She turns to leave.) Oh, by the way, if Gohan comes over, I'm not talking to him.

Mirai - Is something wrong?

Mikomi - Only everything. (The doorbell rings.) Go tell him I'm not talking to him right now!

Mirai - Sure, no problem.

Mikomi - (Waits around long enough to make sure Trunks is actually going to meet Gohan at the door, then she heads for her room to sulk.)

Gohan - (is waiting outside. He rang the doorbell for the fourth time. Wasn't someone going to answer? Finally the door opens and there stands Mirai Trunks.) Hey, is Mikomi around?

Mirai - Yeah, she's around, but she says she's not talking to you right now.

Gohan - I made her that mad, huh?

Mirai - Whatever you did really got under her skin. You wanna come in and talk? She won't tell me a thing except that everything went wrong today.

Gohan - I guess so, I don't have anything else to do. (He and Mirai go to Mirai's room where Gohan explains what happened.)

Mirai - Man, it sounds like both of you are really on each other's nerves.

Gohan - Well, now I feel bad about what I said. It wasn't her fault. She's new to the planet for Dende's sake. (Mirai and Gohan continue talking about stuff.)

MEANWHILE

Mikomi - (is in her room, and still angry)

Vegeta - (heard Mikomi come home upset earlier and decides to make an attempt at a conversation with her since he is her brother, so he takes a break from training and knocks on her door.) (thinks) Dang [Teasha, when can I quit censoring? This is really getting on my nerves because you know as well as I do that Vegeta wouldn't just say "dang".] it! I'm getting soft lately. Why should I care?

Mikomi - Who is it?

Vegeta - It's me, brat! Let me in!

Mikomi - (yells cheekily) [I love British expressions and word like cheeky and pub!] Not with you talking to me like that, I won't!

Vegeta - (softens his voice.) Mikomi, let me in.

Mikomi - I still didn't hear a please.

Vegeta - (is starting to get put out. Upset or not, he's still the Prince [King] of all Saiyans!) Mikomi…Let me in, now…Please.

Mikomi - The door is unlocked. Let yourself in.

Vegeta - (takes a deep breath before he enters the room. He really doesn't want to do this, but no one else seems to be interested in the job. Besides, she is his sister. Dang women. [There's that censor again.] He opens the door.) What are you doing in here? You need to be training.

Mikomi - (is laying in bed with her back to the door, petting Tiger.) I'm sulking. Do you mind?

Vegeta - Let's go spar.

Mikomi - I don't want to.

Vegeta - Whatever's wrong, sparring will cure it.

Mikomi - I don't think so.

Vegeta - (takes a deep breath and sits down on the bed.) What happened at school today?

Mikomi - Why would you care?

Vegeta - Look, brat, I'm trying real hard to be sensitive. The least you could do is help me out a little.

Mikomi - (turns to look at Vegeta.) Well...Gohan yelled at me.

Vegeta - He did WHAT!?!?! YELLED!!! THAT SON OF A THIRD CLASS BAKA DARED TO RAISE HIS VOICE TO YOU, A PRINCESS!?!?!?!

Mirai - (is still talking with Gohan in his room when they hear Vegeta yell.) If I were you, I'd go now. Dad sounds really pissed off.

Gohan - You might be right. You will talk to her, won't you?

Mirai - Of course I will. What are friends for anyway?

Gohan - Thanks, man. Hey, call me later and let me know if I should meet her here for school or not.

Mirai - No problem. You'd better get out of here though before Dad gets you.

Gohan - Well, later. (He opens Trunks's window and flies out.)

Mirai - (is sitting on his bed when Vegeta throws open the door.)

Vegeta - Where is he?!?

Mirai - (innocently) Chibi is watching television in the den.

Vegeta - Don't give me that. You know exactly who I'm talking about!

Mirai - Oh, Gohan? He left a few minutes ago.

Vegeta - Did he tell you about what he did to Mikomi?

Mirai - Yeah, a little. He said he came over to apologize, but she won't see him.

Vegeta - I don't want him to come around her again. She is a princess. She shouldn't be running around town with the son of that clown Kakarot!

Mirai - Okay Dad, but I don't think she'll listen to me.

Vegeta - (narrows his eyes menacingly) Well, make Gohan listen then.

Mirai - Sure Dad.

Vegeta - (leaves for the gravity chamber, but runs into Bulma on the way.)

Bulma - Hey, hon. Isn't it about time to quit training for the night?

Vegeta - It'll be time to quit when I say it is.

Bulma - (can tell something is wrong. She's lived with him long enough, she ought to be able to read his mind.) Vegeta, something happen while I was away?

Vegeta - Nothing happened around here, Onna.

Bulma - (takes Vegeta's hand and leads him into their room.) Now, tell me what happened.

Vegeta - (crosses his arms) I don't want that brat, Gohan, over here anymore.

Bulma - Why not? You usually love sparring with him. What did he do?

Vegeta - I will not have a peasant treat my sister, a princess, disrespectfully.

Bulma - Did Mikomi and Gohan have a fight?

Vegeta - He yelled at her and I don't want him coming around anymore!

Bulma - That doesn't sound like Gohan. I'm sure there's a rational explanation.

Vegeta - I'm going to train now. (He leaves for the gravity chamber.)

Bulma - (realizing she's not going to get any more information from Vegeta, decides to talk to Trunks. Gohan and he are friends, so maybe he knows something.) Mirai!

Mirai - (walks in the room) What, Mom?

Bulma - I was wondering if you knew anything about a fight Gohan and Mikomi had today.

Mirai - Well, Gohan told me his side of the story before Dad went on the rampage.

Bulma - Well?

Mirai - Basically, Mikomi didn't know how to act and ruined his day, unintentionally of course, and he got mad and yelled at her.

Bulma - (wistfully) And to think, they were getting along so well together.

Mirai - Now Dad's banned Gohan from coming over and I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same for Goten.

Bulma - Oh, he won't do that, and trust me, Gohan won't be banned for long.

Mirai - Well, I need to go get Mikomi to forgive Gohan, so we'll have to talk later.

Bulma - Okay.

Mirai - (goes to Mikomi's door and knocks.) Can I come in, please?

Mikomi - Sure. Why not?

Mirai - (walks in.) Gohan came by to apologize.

Mikomi - Good.

Mirai - He feels really bad about what happened.

Mikomi - Good, he should feel bad.

Mirai - Won't you at least consider forgiving him?

Mikomi - Maybe.

Mirai - Well, he'll see you at school tomorrow.

Mikomi - Doesn't mean I have to talk to him.

Mirai - (exasperated) I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you. You're just as bull-headed as Dad! (He leaves Mikomi alone with her thoughts.)

A/N: Sounds like Mikomi has succeeded in really shaking things up. Are she and Gohan going to make up, or is this the end of a beautiful relationship? What will Vegeta do when he gets his hands on Gohan, and why is he being so protective of his "little" sister? Keep reading to find out more and don't forget to R&R!

A/N2: I'm starting a mailing list for all my works. If you want me to email you whenever I update, just say so and leave your address in your review.