Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ Where's the Party? ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: If you don't know by now, I give up.

A/N: Well, this update didn't take quite as long...Sorry, but I've been working on The Truth, my latest story. (hint, hint, hint) It's about Trunks and Pan. Normally I don't like them as a couple and that is what inspired me to write it! Well, between Organic Chemistry and Calculus III, don't expect updates very often, sorry.

ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE MALL

Mikomi - (looks around and sees a music store.) Hey, Asuke, wait here a minute. I need to get something!

Asuke - We really don't have time for another stop. You promised that we would go straight home after that little side trip to Victoria's Secret.

Mikomi - Admit it, you like what I bought for you.

Asuke - Okay, I will concede that much. They were quite nice.

Mikomi - See, every girl should own at least one lacey bra and matching thong.

Asuke - (looks around embarrassed) You don't have to tell the whole world, you know.

Mikomi - (is confused) Who was I telling?

Asuke - (looks at all the people surrounding them and decides to drop the subject.) Nevermind.

Mikomi - I promise I'll only be a moment. I just have to grab one thing and then we'll be on our way.

Asuke - Good because supper will be on the table before long.

Mikomi - No problem. (She enters the store, purchases a single cd and then she and Asuke go to their separate homes.)

LATER THAT NIGHT AT CAPSULE CORPS

Mikomi - (is training with the Trunkses while Bulma is explaining what proper behavior is and that she will not tolerate him ruining everyone's life.)

Bulma - I'm warning you Vegeta. You had best behave when the guy comes over.

Vegeta - Why should I care about a human? As long as she isn't seeing Kakarot's boy.

Bulma - Good. Now I'm going to take a shower and then go to bed. I have a full day tomorrow. Don't expect me home until 7:30 or so. If Mr. Sharpener gets here before I do, I still expect you to be on your best behavior.

Vegeta - Whatever, Onna. Go take your shower. I have to check on the children's progress.

Bulma - Okay, Vegeta. (She gathers some clothes and goes to the bathroom for her shower.)

Vegeta - (walks out of the room heading for the gravity chamber. On the way, the phone rings and as he walks by, he realizes no one is going to answer it and his mate will be upset if it is one of her clients calling and no one answers, so he picks up and puts the receiver to his ear.) What do you want?

Caller - Uh....I was wondering if I could talk to Mikomi.

Vegeta - What would you want with Mikomi?

Caller - I'm, uh Sharpener, her date tomorrow night.

Vegeta - As long as you aren't Gohan.

Sharpener - No, I'm definitely not Gohan.

Vegeta - (decides he's going to have a little fun with Sharpener.) And what is wrong with Gohan?

Sharpener - Uh, nothing's wrong with him....He's just a bit of a book worm. He studies a lot, but if you think that's cool then it's cool with me.

Vegeta - Are you that boy who plans on taking my sister to a party tomorrow night?

Sharpener - Yes, I was, am. I mean, with your permission of course.

Vegeta - If she wants to waste her time with a weakling like you, that's her business.

Sharpener - I'm not weak!

Vegeta - (laughs) Compared to what?!? My eight-year-old son could beat you, I'm sure!

Sharpener - Hey!

Vegeta - Don't hey me! I'm going to say this once. My sister and mate may approve of you, but I don't, but you don't have to worry about me hurting you. No, that onna you want to date is more than capable of doing that herself and she will if you upset her, and I'll laugh!

Sharpener - Mikomi wouldn't do that!

Vegeta - You don't know her. Watch yourself. (He hangs the phone up at that since he has done a pretty good job of ruining Mikomi and Sharpener's evening tomorrow night.)

Sharpener - (stares at the phone thinking, or as close as he can come to it, about what Vegeta had said and decides that tomorrow night just may prove to be quite interesting.)

Vegeta - (turns to continue to the gravity room when he notices someone in the shadows.) What do you want?

Mikomi - I heard you talking to the boy.

Vegeta - And?

Mikomi - Nice job.

Vegeta - What?

Mikomi - Whether you realize it or not, you've helped me immensely. I didn't want to talk to him. You have now insured that I won't have to beat him down tomorrow, and it'll be easier to dump him.

Vegeta - You're running a scam aren't you?

Mikomi - (flashes her big brown innocent eyes) Who, me?

Vegeta - I know that look all to well. The boy gets it often enough. Who do you have it in for?

Mikomi - Everyone. (smiles innocently) If you'll excuse me, I need to go train now.

Vegeta - That's true.

Mikomi - (gives Vegeta an odd look before moving on to the gr.)

Vegeta - (goes outside to look at the stars while he thinks. He likes to do this from time to time. The stars at night remind him of being in space before he became a family man. They are comforting. While on the roof of CC, he ponders exactly who Mikomi has it in for, what she's most likely planning, and how he can defend himself if he turns out to be one of her targets.)

Mikomi - (trains more with her nephews [Is it just me, or is it weird to think of her as their aunt?] and then she heads to bed.)

THE NEXT NIGHT AT CAPSULE CORPS

Mikomi - (is in her room still getting ready for her date.)

Trunkses - (are watching television during the quick break Vegeta is allowing them due in part to Mirai's begging to be allowed to meet Sharpener.)

Vegeta - (is sitting impatiently beside the front door waiting on the hormone to take his sister off his hands. Besides, since Bulma hadn't gotten home yet, he could have more fun making the kid squirm.)

Mirai - Dad, what time did he say he would be here?

Vegeta - Eight, now shut up and leave me alone.

Mirai - Sure, Dad.

Vegeta - (glares at Mirai. For some reason, this date has him really rattled.)

Chibi - (sensing the tension in the room decides to do what he can to end it.) After that guy comes to get Mikomi, can Mirai and I have an ice cream party?

Vegeta - Whatever. (The doorbell rings.)

Mirai - (rises to get the door.)

Vegeta - Sit down brat and act natural. Oh, and feel free to humiliate the boy, too. (He opens the door.)

Sharpener - Hi, I'm here to pick up Mikomi.

Vegeta - Really? Are you now? I never would have guessed that.

Sharpener - (is very confused and doesn't know exactly how to react. He's never met someone like Vegeta before, of course is there anyone like Vegeta besides Vegeta?) Is she ready?

Vegeta - How should I know? Brat!

Trunkses - (in sync) Yes, Dad!

Vegeta - Youngest brat, go tell your aunt her date is here!

Chibi - Okay, Dad. (He leaves to give Mikomi her message.)

Mirai - So, why are you wanting to date Mikomi?

Sharpener - Have you ever looked at her?

Mirai - Wrong answer. Now I'll ask again. Why are you wanting to date Mikomi?

Sharpener - (is really confused now. Why are these guys being so hostile and what is the right answer?) Um....Because she has a great personality and I want to get to know her better.

Vegeta - You're getting closer. (gives Mirai a meaningful look)

Mirai - Dad has a message he wants me to deliver to you. (He stands up and looks menacingly into Sharpener's eyes.) If you do anything to her, or tarnish our family's name in anyway, Vegeta and I will make you pay, and that's after we let Mikomi have fun getting her revenge in her own way. Trust me, you don't want to make any of us mad and just for your personally information and safety you should know that Mikomi is an awesome fighter that could rip your limbs from your body if she so desired, and I'm even stronger. (After saying all this, he sits back down and starts calmly watching TV again.) Hey, why don't you take a seat and watch TV while you wait?

Sharpener - (hesitantly sits on the opposite end of the sofa from Trunks.)

Vegeta - (just remains standing, glaring warnings at the teen until he suddenly relaxes and takes a seat in his favorite recliner.)

Tiger - (walks into the room and looks directly at Sharpener, sensing somehow that this boy has something to do with her human)

Sharpener - What the HFIL is that?!?

Vegeta - (nonchalantly) It's a tiger.

Mirai - Haven't you ever seen a tiger before, like in a zoo?

Sharpener - Yes, but it was in a cage. This one is running free and could eat someone.

Vegeta - (mutters) Pity she isn't hungry for idiots right now.

Mirai - Yes she could.

Sharpener - I didn't know people were allowed to keep tigers as pets!

Tiger - (decides that since she has the boy so rattled, what's a little more going to hurt? She has a feeling that her human won't mind if she has a little fun, so she yawns, showing off her fangs.)

Sharpener - (lets out a frightened squeal that sounds like a girl and tries to sink backward into the sofa)

Bulma - (walks in) Hi boys, are you behaving?

Vegeta - What does it look like to you?

Bulma - (rolls her eyes and walks over to Sharpener after placing her stack of paperwork on the coffee table.) You must be Sharpener. Mikomi's told us all about you. I wonder what's keeping her.

Sharpener - (is too frightened of Tiger to answer)

Bulma - (follows Sharpener's gaze and notices Tiger is looking at him innocently, too innocently. She has definitely been spending too much time around Mikomi.) Tiger, are you trying to scare our guest?

Tiger - (just looks at Bulma with her big innocent cat eyes)

Bulma - You get out of here and find something else to do. You've scared poor Mr. Sharpener enough for one night.

Tiger - (reluctantly leaves, satisfied that she has made Mikomi proud)

Bulma - Is that better?

Sharpener - (is so relieved all he can do is nod his head vigorously.)

Bulma - Well, Mikomi should be down in just another minute. I hope she hasn't kept you waiting long.

Chibi - (returns at this exact moment) Auntie Mikomi is fixing her hair and she says she'll be ready in just another five minutes.

Sharpener - (visibly pales at the thought of another five minutes with Mirai and Vegeta, not to mention the fact that Tiger could come back at any moment.)

Bulma - (catches Sharpener's expression and shoots Vegeta a warning look telling him he had best be nice unless he liked the couch.)

Vegeta - (stares back at Bulma and shrugs his shoulders in defiance.)

Mikomi - (enters the room) I'm ready! Let's go, Sharpener.

Mirai - (looks up from the TV at Mikomi) You're not going to wear that in public are you?!?

Mikomi - (is skimpily clad, as usual since her argument with Gohan.) Yes and I'm going into public in it right now. (She grabs Sharpener's hand, picking him up in her haste, and drags him out the door, to the car, and then the party.)

SON RESIDENCE

Gohan - (is brushing his teeth.)

Goten - (is being Gohan's shadow, as usual.) Where ya going, Gohan?

Gohan - I'm going to see some friends from school at a party.

Chi-Chi - (suddenly appears at the bathroom door.) Party?!? What party?!?

Gohan - Just one everybody from school's going to, Mom.

Chi-Chi - You're not going to any party!!! You have homework and if you ever expect to go to college, you have to study so you can get scholarships! You're not going!

Gohan - Mom, my homework is finished and I don't have any tests for another week. Besides, I have all A's in everything. In fact, I have the highest GPA in the school's history! It's just one party, Mom. (He ends by giving her his best begging Saiyan eyes.)

Chi-Chi - Are you sure this won't affect your schoolwork?

Gohan - Positive.

Chi-Chi - Well, I suppose I'll have to let you go sooner or later. Okay, but you must be home by ten.

Gohan - Mom!

Chi-Chi - Fine, midnight and not a minute later. Oh, and if your grades drop at all, then no more parties until you're living on your own. Understood?

Gohan - Of course. (He hugs her and kisses her cheek.) Bye, Mom.

Chi-Chi - Bye. Have fun, but don't do anything bad!

Gohan - Sure thing. (He walks outside, followed closely by a mini-me of Goku.)

Goten - I want to go to a party. Parties have cakes and ice cream! At least that's what Trunks said.

Gohan - (laughs) There are at kiddy parties. This is a big people party. There won't be cake or anyone your age.

Goten - (pouts) I still wanna go, Gohan.

Gohan - How about we spend tomorrow together having fun. That's kinda like a part. You can even call Trunks over if you like.

Goten - (eyes brighten in anticipation) Really?

Gohan - Of course.

Goten - (excitedly) Yea!!!

Gohan - You be good and take care of Mom until I get back.

Goten - Sure thing, Gohan. (Happily waltzes back inside.)

Gohan - (watches Goten go inside, sighs, and leaves for the party.)

A/N: Well there it is. Mikomi is going to the party with Sharpener and Gohan plans on going as well. I wonder who all will be there and what will happen when our Saiyans notice each other. Is there romance in the air? Will Mikomi get her man, or will all HFIL break loose? What is Mirai Trunks going to do all night? Find out on the next exciting episode of DBZ!!! That is unless I get too depressed from lack of reviews. Then I won't put up another chapter! HA! So, you'd best review! ^__^