Dragoon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragoons of Ultimate Darkness and Ultimate Light ❯ The Dragoons of Ultimate Darkness and Ultimate Light (Chapter One) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



The Dragoons of
Ultimate Darkness
And
Ultimate light

Chapter One
The Divine Dragon
Meets
Ultimate light

A woman at the age of twenty three with short brown hair and a tiara with a diamond shape ruby in the middle was running through the same forest where the man was once in before.

'I hope I'm not too late' she thought as she ran faster with her weapon in her right hand.

She pulled out her necklace that had a round jewel attached to it started to faintly glow in her hand.

'I have to hurry the person that has the dragoon spirit is slowly fainting away'

As she cleared the forest, her eyes went wide of horror at the destruction of the small town/village.

"Cilio, you bastard you will pay of the death and destruction that you have caused"

She looked down at the white jewel as the glow started to get stronger.

'The dragoon spirit is in that destroyed town/village somewhere, I just hope the person that owns it isn't dead'

Then something landed from the sky behind the woman looking at the burned down town/village in sadness. It approached her slowly and stopped besides her staring at the destruction before it.

"Is it in there?" it asked.

"Yes it is, come we must find it"

"Right"

They started down the hill and into the small town/village. When they arrived burnt dead bodies were everywhere.

"Oh Remiya, this is so horrible"

Remiya bent down to the dead child's body with it's eyes wide open and lifeless as she put her hand over it's eyes and slowly closed them.

"Yes Leona, I know come we must find the dragoon spirit"

The girl known as Leona nodded as she continued to follow her. About ten minutes of searching, Leona found a man and a girl laying on the ground, the position that the man was in was so sad, it looked like that girl was his love

Then all of a sudden the man twitched that scared the hell out of Leona.

'He's alive!' she thought as she ran over to the man.

"Remiya!! Remiya over here! This man is alive!"

Remiya ran up to her and the man in red armor. When she kneeled next to him a silver glow was shown in his pants pocket. She reached inside and pulled out a round object that was similar to her own.

"This man he's a dragoon he's the one we have been looking for"

"Are you sure Remiya?"

"Yes, the consent of the glow of this small orb tells us that this is a spirit of a dragon, the divine dragon in fact. When another dragoon is near, it will start to glow, that's how I found your village and your mother when your mother past on, she left you a gift, the dragoon spirit of water"

Leona took out the dragoon spirit as it glowed a light blue color. She closed her eyes and held it close to her chest with both hands.

"I'll cherish it until the day I die"

Remiya gently smiled at her and looked down at the man that was unconscious, then looked over to the girl that he was reaching for.

"Poor man that must've been his love that he was trying to save"

Leona went over to the girl who's eyes were slightly opened. She put her hand over her eyes and slowly closed them.

Remiya turned the man over and brought his arm to his side. She saw a black mark on his chest which a hole in it.

"Leona help me remove his armor"

Leona came over and helped her get the armor off. When it was off it revealed a black short sleeved tonic with a small hole in it which was bleeding.

"His SP was drained from the blast, he didn't have a chance to defend himself hold him up while I take off his tonic"

Leona did as she was told and held him as she took the tonic off. When the tonic was off Leona placed his head on her thighs while Remiya placed his tonic beside his armor and brought out her jewel and faced it towards the man in front of her as a white glow surrounded him.

The wound was starting to close up slowly; about a few minutes later the wound was closed up like nothing happened. The white glow disappeared as she placed the jewel back around her neck once more.

"He'll wake up tomorrow morning feeling refreshed, but his heart will not" says Remiya sadly.

Her companion nodded and petted his hair in a sad way.

"Sew his tonic up, it's going to be a cold night; leave the armor off so he could have better rest. I'm going to go bury the towns people"

Before she got up, the man whispered a few words.

"S-Shana forgive me"

The two women looked at the man, then at the girl laying a few feet away.

"That girl must be Shana I presume"

"Yes, I will bury her last, so he could say good bye to her"

Leona nodded as she gently placed his head on something comfortable as she got out her sewing supplies for his tonic.

When she was finished, she called Remiya back to help her place his tonic back on him. Remiya went to the well to get a bucket of water so she could wash her hands. When she was finished, she went over to the man and pulled his tonic back on his body. After that was done she asked Leona to help her bury the towns people, when she accepted she put his head back on the comfortable cloth and left to help her friend.

Dusk was approaching as the two women buried the last towns folk and sat down tiredly after they washed their hands. They build a small fire and got out there blankets, they had an extra one and put it over the man. About fifteen minutes later the two women fell asleep.

The next morning, Remiya was the first to wake. She took out some food and ate a little before putting it back into her supplies. She looked over at the man who was starting to stir. The man opened his aqua eyes and shot up from his spot and looked at his surroundings, then his eyes landed on Remiya; Remiya smiled and put her finger to her lips as she pointed at Leona sleeping soundly.

He nodded and stood up, when he did so, he saw the girl Shana laying on ground with her hands on her belly. He silently walked over to her body then dropped to his knees and started crying once more. Remiya got up from her spot and over to the man as she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"I shouldn't have left her if I hadn't then she'll still be alive"

Then his eyes went into slits as the tears flowed.

"That bastard will die for what he did, I'll hunt him down to the ends of this planet if I have to he will die a horrible death" He said as his hands went into fists.

"If only I was here sooner to stop him"

The man turned his head angrily.

"You know that monster!?"

"Yes, he killed my brother, my family, and I have been chasing him ever since, as you know he's a dragoon also"

His eyes went wide.

"So it was real what element is he?"

"It is the most deadly dragoon on the face of this planet, he is the Ultimate Darkness, known as the Devils Eye dragoon"

"Ultimate dragoon? Devil's Eye? How do you know all this?"

"He was the first to attack my home, my ancestors had written a book about two special dragoons, on of good and one of evil. It said the one to have the Devil's Eye shall be the destroyer of Soa. A man named Malice had held the Devil's Eye a hundred and ten years ago, but with the combined strength and power of the nine dragoons shall destroy the Devil's Eye. After the user died, the dragoon spirit disappeared into the sky never to be seen again"

"What is the ninth dragoon?"

"I shall tell you later my friend, we must go bury your love"

The man looked at the girl before him and nodded sadly as he gently picked her up and started to walk toward the graveyard. His eyes went wide once again as he saw the number of graves.

"So many graves"

"Oh yes, my friend and I buried them all yesterday, but we left her out because we had a feeling that you wanted to say good bye first"

"Thank you, you two are too kind I don't know how to repay you"

"There's no need to repay us, we only want you to join us to help us destroy the Ultimate Darkness!" says Leona as she cut Remiya off before speaking.

The man smiled at the girl softly.

"Yes, I would be glad to join you"

"Glad to hear it, come back to us when you want to leave, come Leona"

"Yes Remiya"

The two women left him to himself and his love to say his final good bye. The two women sat down and waited for his return, then Leona broke the silence.

"Did you tell him yet?"

"I told him about the legend of the Devil's Eye, I didn't tell him that Cilio who destroyed his home"

"When ARE you going to tell him?"

"When the time is right, but I will tell him that I'm the ninth dragoon" says Remiya as she watched the man.

The man held the girl lovingly as tears were threatening to fall.

"Shana, I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me the most I love you so much that it hurts, really hurts. I just can't believe that you're really gone we had some good times together huh? Yeah good times but I promise you that I will kill the man that did this to you, I swear it I'll always love you Shana no matter what, you'll always be in my heart forever, good bye my true love and best friend, I'll never forget you"

The man bent down and kissed her pale lips gently as he sat her in the grave and started to bury her. He gave a ten minute prayer and went back to the two women that were waiting for him. Remiya picked up his armor with a slight smile and gave it to him. After he put it on, Leona handed him his sword as he gladly took it and strapped it on his left side.

"Are you ready?"

He reached into his pocket and felt nothing, his eyes went up in fright as he started to search frantically for something.

"Looking for this?" asked Remiya as she pulled out his round jewel from her pack.

He quickly took it and looked at it, it was his all right. Then something started to glow from underneath her tonic; she took out her jewel as it glowed brightly against his.

"You're a dragoon?"

"Yes, yes I am I am the ninth dragoon that you were asking about earlier"

"What are you?"

Remiya looked up at him in a serious face.

"I am the opposite of Ultimate Darkness, I am the dragoon of Ultimate Light"

"Ultimate Light?"

"Yes, known as the Guardian of Light dragoon, as the book of the ancestors say The Guardian of Light shall draw all the strength and power from the eight other dragoons and shall use the final attack to destroy the Ultimate Darkness, the dragoon spirit must be destroyed in order to stop the horror of destruction and death once and for all"

The man looked at her as all the information came into his head.

"So when you draw all the strength and power from us wont we be powerless against him?"

"In a way, yes, but he will not attack you, he'll only attack who is a threat to him, he'll only attack me which is the last dragoon standing to fight do you see what he is doing? He's destroying every single dragoons home!"

"Oh no! He's going after Albert next! We have to go now!"

"You don't have to tell me twice!" says Leona as she put out the small fire as she started to head out first.

The man stared at the girl as she walked out in front of them.

"You know she reminds me of some one I know she really looks like her"

"Whom, may I ask?"

"She reminds me of a friend named Meru except her clothes are not that revealing"

Remiya smile sadly at him.

"Leona! Come back here please?"

Leona came back with a question look. Then Remiya looked back at the man.

"Tell her what you tell me"

"Tell me what?"

"Uh you remind me of a friend of mine, her name is Meru, but your clothes are less revealing, are you related to her in any way?"

Leona's face faltered and saddened.

"She's more than related" she said as a few tears went down her face.

She reached into her tonic and pulled out a blue round object that glowed lightly.

"The water dragon spirit"

"Meru, she was my mother"

The man was shocked, it has only been two years since he last saw her, but this girl, she wasn't a two year old, she looks more of a teenager

"How can that be I haven't seen her in two years, you can't be her daughter"

"I am, for you see our ancestor who put up a new barrier from the outside world makes us age more differently. You said that it's only been two years here? Well in our village each year is seven years that barrier was set up after Malbu Frehama was killed. On my fourteenth birthday a man with a black dragon magically appeared and started attacking and killing our villagers. My mother hid me, while she went back to fight; I was crying for her to come back but she never did after a half hour of waiting I went out of my hiding place to go find her.

"Then about ten minutes of searching I found her with Remiya, silently talking to her in a strange suit with wings. My mother looked up at me and smiled, she told me that she wouldn't live much longer, so she wanted me to go with Remiya so I could be safe with her. When she said her final good bye, her wings and blue armor disappeared as a blue round object floated away and disappeared into the sky. I collapsed on her asking for her to come back, but she never did. Then before I knew it her body disappeared into the heavens when I looked up the same blue orb that my mother had came floating down from the sky and landed in my hands. I looked up at Remiya who slightly smiled at me."

"Your mother left you a gift cherish it well and keep it safe to your heart, while she protects you"

"After that I packed up all the things I needed and left with Remiya"

The man had tears in his eyes, but did not fall. He placed a hand on her shoulder for comfort.

"I'm really sorry Leona"

Leona wiped the tears off her face and smiled at him.

"It's ok shall we be going?"

Before she turned around she was pulled into a comforting hug by the man. She was surprised at first, but then smiled and hugged him back.

"When ever you need somebody to talk to, Remiya and I will always be here for you"

"Thank you come on we have to go warn or save your friend 'Albert'" says Leona as she broke the hug and started walking once again.

Remiya put a hand on his shoulder and smiled as she started to walk with her friend. The man smiled and walked with the two women.

"You know our names, what is yours?" Leona asked.

"My name is Dart, it's nice to meet you two."

"Same here Dart, same here" Said Remiya as they walked into a different forest.

(Hey everyone BG16 here, sorry I had to kill off Shana and Meru... please don't kill me... anyways a new evil is at foot, who is he and why does he want to kill the dragoons? Find out on the next chapter then! Please send some reviews after the story...)