Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act V, Betrayal and Resurrection ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I don't own FAKE. I'm not Sanami Matoh and I am not making any money off of this. I hope you all are happy about that. Bastards.
 
This is yaoi and hentai, and that means hot boy on boy action. If that makes you uncomfortable then how in the hell are you a FAKE fan anyway? Get out of here!
 
 
“That's not what I gave you that information for!” Dee roared into the phone.
 
“Oh? What did you think I would do with it?” Franklin asked softly.
 
“Three cops got shot! Shot! Do you get that? Do you get that at all?” Dee was almost screaming into the phone, his other hand wildly waving through the air.
 
“I'm quite clear on it,” Franklin said coldly. “You seem to be the one in need of a reality check.”
 
Dee slumped against the building at his back and lightly bounced his head against it. He wanted to ram it back into the brick and crack his skull open. Franklin's harsh voice continued.
 
“You've come too far to take the moral high ground now, Detective.”
 
“I quit.”
 
“That's not an option.”
 
“Yeah right,” Dee laughed coldly. “What are you going to do?”
 
“Kill Randy.”
 
Dee froze instantly, the world drifting away as Franklin gave him a moment of silence.
 
“You're going to keep `feeding' me information Detective Dee until I tell you you can stop. Whether you want to admit it or not, if he dies, you'd die right along with him; at least every part of you that matters. He's the only good thing you've ever had in your life, isn't he? Don't think that I'll neglect little Bikky either. I can get to them, Dee. Prison doesn't hold a man like me back. I CAN GET TO THEM.”
 
Dee's hands were shaking now and he closed his eyes.
 
“You will keep doing what I tell you to,” Franklin said lowly. “I'll keep paying you, I'm not stupid, and nothing will stop. And if, by some amazing coincidence, I start to get reports that my other sources are getting caught or your information starts getting less than accurate, guess where I'm going to look first? It's not your life on the line anymore, are we clear?”
 
Dee's eyes clenched tighter.
 
“I asked you if we were clear,” Franklin breathed.
 
“Yeah,” Dee whispered. “We're clear.”
 
 
Ryo glanced at Dee as his dark haired partner slumped by and he couldn't help the flash of concern that darted across his face. Dee looked tired and worn and Ryo's eyes followed him as he walked away.
 
“Something wrong?” Rose asked quietly.
 
“Dee,” Ryo answered softly.
 
Rose blinked at the raw emotion in Ryo's voice and he stared sternly at the Japanese American.
 
“Calm down Ryo.”
 
Ryo's eyes flickered to him and he fidgeted a little.
 
“I know,” Ryo said flatly.
 
Rose sighed. “I'll try and rig something up. Give me a couple of hours.”
 
Ryo stared at him and then smiled.
 
“Thank you sir.”
 
 
Dee dropped almost lifelessly into one of the chairs in the small storage room. He had no idea why Rose had brought him here, but he didn't really care either.
 
In other words, I was one of them…
 
Jess Latener. The only father Dee had ever known. A half-assed cop. A half-assed criminal. It was starting to look like the apple didn't fall far from the tree after all, regardless of the genetics that weren't involved.
 
I wish I could have seen you one last time…
 
He had. Dee had found him, had been there when Jess gave up his last words, words meant just for Dee. Dee's eyes closed.
 
But it's better for both of us if I just disappear…
 
Jess had never been stupid, but Dee had always wondered at those words. How could it be better if Jess disappeared? How could anything be better? But now, now he was beginning to understand. A hand pressed over his eyes. Maybe it would be better if he just disappeared, better for all of them.
 
“Dee?”
 
Ryo's voice was soft and hesitant and Dee didn't open his eyes as long arms wrapped around him. He felt the warm comfort that Ryo gave so freely and his whole body melted against his partner.
 
“I can't do this anymore,” Dee breathed. “I have to quit. I can't do this. I'm…I'm…”
 
His hands rose and tangled in Ryo's thick suit jacket and he buried his face against Ryo. He couldn't let go, not ever, he couldn't just disappear. That would hurt Ryo, but he couldn't just…
 
Three cops had been shot, and things were only going to get worse. How in the hell was anyone going to get him out of this mess? What was the station going to do? Assign them bodyguards? Have them live in the precinct and never leave? He wanted to scream and curse about the shitty situation he had fallen into, but he just didn't have the strength right now. The past was too close.
 
“I'm turning into him,” Dee whispered quietly.
 
“What?” Ryo gently ran his hand through Dee's hair and continued to hold him.
 
“Jess. I'm turning into him. I always wondered why he got involved with the mob, what made him turn, and now I can't help but think that maybe it started out like this. Maybe he was legit too, maybe he was just trying to make a difference and things got out of hand. He told me that he wanted to save Arnon, that he was trying to save Arnon, but in the end…he didn't save anyone.”
 
Keep living your life as honestly as you've always lived it.
 
Those words had comforted him, driven him, and helped him throughout his life, but now they were like a knife. They ripped into him and his hands clawed deeper into Ryo.
 
“I don't want things to end that way,” Dee whispered. “I don't want to lose you like that.”
 
“I'm not going anywhere,” Ryo said softly.
 
“You don't understand,” Dee breathed. “If I don't do what he says, he's going to kill you. You and Bikky.”
 
Ryo tensed and then his hand began to slide through Dee's hair again.
 
“He won't.”
 
“Yes he will,” Dee said gruffly.
 
“No, he won't,” Ryo's hands slid down to Dee's face and their eyes locked together. “Let's nail the old bastard before he can do anything.”
 
Dee stared at him in surprise and Ryo smiled at him, leaning forward for a soft gentle kiss. It was a kiss more of promise than passion and Dee felt it run all through his body.
 
“I love you Dee,” Ryo said softly. “More than anything.”
 
“I love you Ryo.”
 
 
“So that's the situation,” Ryo finished explaining.
 
Rose leaned back, his hands resting loosely on the arms of his chair.
 
“I see,” he said finally.
 
“Holy shit,” Diana breathed sharply.
 
“What do we do?” Dee asked softly.
 
Silence answered him and he shook his head. He fished out his cigarettes and deftly lit one, his eyes distant as he smoked. He and Ryo had given up the charade the instant they left the storage room and they had made a beeline for Rose's office. Dee was trying to be annoyed that he had to come to Rose for help, but at this point, if the Commissioner had a solution, Dee would drop to his knees and kiss the man's feet. He scowled at that thought and continued to silently smoke.
 
“Have we got any concrete physical evidence that can link MacLean to this?” Diana asked.
 
“Nothing,” Dee said. “They use disposable cell phones, a different one each time. I was supposed to wear a wire the next time I went, but…”
 
He shrugged and Rose's eyes flashed at him.
 
“But what?” he said coolly.
 
“I'm not going,” Dee said flatly. “I don't care what you threaten to do to me, it's not going to happen.”
 
“I know how you feel,” Rose said. “But we need this information. It will help us to--“
 
“You know how I feel?” Dee breathed and his eyes narrowed angrily. “How the fuck would you know how I feel? Do you know what I've done? Do you know what I fucking am now? Do you know anything?”
 
“Calm down Detective,” Rose said sternly.
 
“Fuck you,” Dee snapped.
 
Rose looked to Ryo for help but the brown haired detective shook his head.
 
“Sorry sir, he's right this time. You don't know shit, so shut up.”
 
Dee and Rose both blinked and Diana laughed out loud. Ryo stared back at them, his face cool and impassive as he waited.
 
“Are you both done now?” he said finally.
 
They were silent and Ryo crossed his arms as he sighed.
 
“So what are our options?”
 
“We could try putting pressure directly on Franklin,” Diana said.
 
“With what?” Rose said. “We don't have any proof that he's involved, and you can bet he's paying off his guards well enough that they won't disagree with him.”
 
“True,” Diana agreed.
 
“We could send Laytner in with a wire, as planned,” Rose said flatly.
 
Dee growled low in his throat and Ryo's eyes flickered to him.
 
“It's an option,” Ryo warned and Dee's eyes skidded to him. “But one that's not going to happen. What else?”
 
“If we could get our hands on the real leak here,” Dee said. “Maybe we could use him to circle in on Franklin. Cops don't like going to jail, especially in places that they'd be known, most are willing to strike some kind of bargain.”
 
“And how do you suggest we find this other connection?” Rose said wryly. “If you recall, that was your original assignment.”
 
“I know he's not part of the Criminal Investigations Unit,” Dee snapped back. “But that he is working here in the 27th. That's more than we had before.”
 
“Someone has to know who's giving Franklin MacLean his information,” Diana said. “What kind of organization did he leave on the outside?”
 
“Tinota's back out, and apparently in charge, but he's not going to say shit. Not unless we can nail him for something else, then he'll bargain his way out again,” Dee said irritably. “And we've got nothing on him now, he's clean.”
 
“Martin,” Ryo said softly.
 
They turned to him and his mouth became a thin line.
 
“We'll have to talk to Martin.”
 
 
“Damn,” Dee grunted as he sat down at his desk. “I still don't see why we couldn't go with.”
 
“What are the chances Martin's going to tell either of us anything?” Ryo said as he began to file away some papers. “Rose'll take JJ and you know we'll get a full report that way.”
 
“Did you know he defended you?” Dee said suddenly.
 
“What? Who?”
 
“JJ,” Dee said. “He told me to make up with you or I'd lose you.”
 
“That's surprising,” Ryo said as he rested his head in his hand.
 
“DEE!”
 
“Ack!”
 
JJ barreled into their office and threw himself at Dee, his arms wrapping around the detective's neck. Dee roared and tried to push him off, the chair staggering and sending them both crashing to the floor.
 
“Speak of the devil,” Ryo chuckled.
 
“Dammit JJ!” Dee yelled. “Get off of me!”
 
“I knew it couldn't be true!” JJ crooned happily. “I knew you couldn't be the one!”
 
“Would you keep it down?” Dee hissed. “We still don't know who is!”
 
“Oh Mr. Perfect, I'll never doubt you again! I don't care what Drake says!”
 
Dee shoved JJ off and then frowned.
 
“What did Drake say?”
 
Ryo laughed and leaned against his desk.
 
“You ready to interview Martin?” he asked as JJ got to his feet.
 
“Rose and I are on our way now,” JJ answered, quickly slipping back into professional mode. “I just wanted to see Mr. Sexy before I left.”
 
“Yeah, yeah,” Dee grunted. “Sorry about lying to you JJ.”
 
JJ grinned and leapt forward again.
 
“You're forgiven!”
 
“Get off!”
 
Ryo chuckled as JJ finally left and Dee sat back down. Dee glanced over at him and Ryo met his eyes.
 
“What?”
 
“Can I come home now?”
 
Ryo smiled warmly. “Of course.”
 
 
Martin sat down into the open chair in the prison's interview room, his cool eyes grazing across Rose and JJ. He didn't say a word and attempted to condescendingly stare them down.
 
“Martin MacLean,” Rose said finally with a cold smile. “Nice to see you again.”
 
“Is it?”
 
“We'd like you to tell us a little about your grandfather's organization.”
 
“Why would I do that?”
 
“It will look good on your prison records if you cooperate with us,” Rose said. “It might help to knock more time off your sentence.”
 
For a moment Rose was sure that Martin was going to tell him to get the hell out, but instead he just shrugged.
 
“Sure.”
 
Rose's eyebrow cocked at that and Martin shrugged again.
 
“Did you know we're in the same prison and I don't hear from him? He's got all the protection in the world and I have to scrape my way along with the rest of the vermin in here. What do I owe him? He wasn't going to help me, I was just another convenient tool.”
 
JJ blinked in surprise but kept his silence as Rose tapped a finger on the table.
 
“You may need to testify against him in court,” Rose warned him.
 
“That didn't stop me the first time,” Martin said with a dark laugh. “What do you want to know?”
 
“The names of his police informants.”
 
“Do you have a pen?”
 
 
Martin stared down at the note his grandfather had sent him that morning and sighed. Well, alright, he had done it. Now he'd just have to wait again.
 
Give them whatever they ask for. Arrangements have been made.
 
The words had puzzled him and he had mulled them over for hours as he tried to think of what Franklin might mean. Then the cops had shown up and started asking questions.
 
“Whatever arrangements you've made,” Martin said lowly. “They had better include me.”
 
 
“Holy shit,” Dee said as he skimmed the list. “I know a couple of these guys.”
 
“Good to hear,” Rose said. “Because you need to pull up their files.”
 
“What?” Dee roared. “That'll take forever!”
 
“Do your job Detective,” Rose said. “If you recall, IA still has you on desk duty, so that gives you a perfect excuse to spend so much time down in personnel records. Ryo and I will call you if we find anything.”
 
“You bastard,” Dee bit out.
 
“We've been through this,” Rose said with a smirk. “You need to add a `sir' onto that.”
 
“You're a bastard, sir,” Dee snapped back without hesitation.
 
Rose chuckled. “So are you Detective.”
 
 
Dee grunted as he pulled off his coat and shook some of the rain out of his hair. Goddamn that Rose. He had been stuck at the station forever getting his paperwork up to date. All he wanted to do was go home and see Ryo. And then the damn rain started and he got caught in it. It would have to be the one day that he didn't bother to drive his car. He had given up on a cab and criss-crossed his way to Ryo's on the subway and the street. He was thoroughly soaked now.
 
The apartment was quiet and dark, but the familiar line of light was streaming out beneath Ryo's bedroom door. Dee smiled and opened it, Ryo glancing up at him with a smile of his own.
 
“Hey,” Dee said softly.
 
“Hey.”
 
It was like he had never left. He stripped out of his wet clothes and pulled on some dry sweats, his body sighing with contentment at the touch of the soft fabric. He ran a towel through his hair and then climbed into bed, Ryo setting his book aside and turning off the light. They searched each other out in the darkness and Dee lightly caressed Ryo's waist as they kissed, hands exploring as the rain clattered against the window.
 
Dee closed his eyes and kissed Ryo's neck, his eyes blinking rapidly as something passed through him. Dee pushed it aside and continued to concentrate on Ryo's skin, lightly caressing and sliding his mouth over every inch. Ryo moaned and Dee panted, a thin sheath of sweat breaking out over his face as he carefully straddled Ryo.
 
“Dee?”
 
Dee blinked at the change in Ryo's voice and stared down in the darkness.
 
“Are you okay?” Ryo asked.
 
A soft hand pressed against his forehead and Dee shivered at its coldness. Ryo frowned immediately.
 
“You're sick.”
 
“No I'm not.”
 
“Yes you are. I can't believe you were kissing me like that when you're sick!”
 
Ryo's mouth thinned, his gentle hands lightly brushing back Dee's hair. It was rare for Dee to become ill, the man possessed an almost super human constitution, but when it did happen he was practically useless. Dee slid off of Ryo and shook his head.
 
“I'm not sick,” he said stubbornly.
 
“You're definitely running a fever.”
 
The thunder rumbled and Ryo glanced over at the window, his eyes sliding back to Dee's still damp hair.
 
“You were out running around in the rain,” he said and shook his head. “Idiot. No wonder you're sick. You've been running yourself ragged and then you get all wet, what did you think would happen?”
 
“I'm not sick!” he snapped again.
 
But Ryo ignored him. He curled up warmly next to Dee and gently ran his hand through Dee's hair, soft kisses caressing Dee's face. Dee felt his eyes grow heavy beneath all the gentle contact, and he sighed as he leaned into Ryo's hold. It felt nice, his whole body relaxing and finally warming. He hadn't noticed how cold he had been. Dee's eyes slid closed as Ryo continued to gently hold him and lavish him in comforting warmth. Maybe he was sick.
 
But only a little.