Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act V, Betrayal and Resurrection ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I don't own FAKE. I'm not Sanami Matoh and I am not making any money off of this. I hope you all are happy about that. Bastards.
 
This is yaoi and hentai, and that means hot boy on boy action. If that makes you uncomfortable then how in the hell are you a FAKE fan anyway? Get out of here!
 
 
 
Dee awoke to a quiet swear and some rustling sounds. He opened his eyes and spotted Bikky sitting in the bed next to him, a scowl on his face as he irritably balanced a thick book against his cast.
 
“What are you doing?” Dee asked groggily.
 
“Math,” Bikky grunted. “Dad asked me to keep an eye on you while he ran to the store, he said he'd be back in a few.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Since you're awake now, take a look at this and help me out.”
 
Bikky thrust the book at him and Dee blearily squinted at the page. His head was pounding painfully and squinting at the small dark numbers wasn't helping.
 
“You shouldn't make sick people think, Biks.”
 
“Yeah, your tiny brain's probably overheating with that fever already,” Bikky grumbled.
 
“You forgot to carry,” Dee pointed out and slumped back in the bed.
 
Bikky stared down at the problem and then shook his head.
 
“I knew it was something stupid like that. Thanks perv.”
 
“Anytime brat.”
 
Dee's eyes strayed to the window as a loud crash of thunder rumbled overhead.
 
“It's still raining,” he said dully.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“It's almost cold enough for it to snow.”
 
“Don't say that. Think about all the crap that winter brings,” Bikky said irritably. “Everything slows down and gets fuckin' cold.”
 
“Watch your mouth,” Dee warned.
 
“Sorry.”
 
Dee chuckled. “I can't believe I just said that.”
 
His mind drifted again. Ryo was out running around in the rain now after being wrapped up around a sick person all night. Dee smiled; it was looking like this would be another sickness they would pass back and forth. He sighed. Ryo was out there, alone, and Dee couldn't help but wince at that. Rose had promised not to make a move without warning them and making sure that they had some protective measures in place, but that didn't mean much. Franklin could already know what was going on.
 
The doorbell rang and Bikky grumbled irritably as he got up to answer it.
 
Dee's mind continued to drift and he pulled the blanket up a little tighter as he wished he would just fall back asleep again. The bedroom door opened and Bikky returned.
 
“Boy are you going to love this,” Bikky said wryly. “That Rose guy is here again.”
 
“Great,” Dee muttered. “Tell him I'm sick and Ryo's not here.”
 
“He already did,” Rose said as he followed Bikky into the room.
 
“What do you want?” Dee groaned as he sat up and leaned against the headboard. “Aren't I miserable enough already?”
 
“You really are sick,” Rose said quietly. “I'm surprised.”
 
“Bite me,” Dee said and then after a long pause added, “Sir.”
 
Rose chuckled and Bikky climbed back up onto the bed, darkly glaring at Rose as he continued to do his homework. Rose surveyed the boy for a moment and then sat down in a chair at the end of the bed.
 
“So why are you here?” Dee asked again.
 
“We've almost got everything set up,” Rose said. “I told you I'd keep you informed about everything and we wouldn't move until you both were ready, so…”
 
“Great,” Dee muttered again.
 
“Freak,” Bikky said jamming the math book back into Dee's face. “How do you do this one?”
 
Dee squinted at the problem and sighed. “You know this Biks. What's the first thing you do?”
 
“Get the x's on one side.”
 
“So do it.”
 
Bikky grumbled but went back to work. Rose watched with a small smile and was surprised at the glint of jealousy that he felt stab into him. He really did hate Dee Laytner.
 
“Now what?” Bikky asked.
 
“You tell me.”
 
“Divide?”
 
“Ya think?”
 
“Shut up ya geezer.”
 
Dee coughed loudly, his whole body wracked with it and Bikky dropped his book to his side.
 
“You want some water?” he said with noticeably more kindness.
 
“No,” Dee croaked and pressed one hand over his eyes. “Put the answer back in to make sure it's right.”
 
“Yeah I know that.”
 
“But you never do it, rat boy,” Dee said and his attention shifted back to Rose. “So what's the plan?”
 
“We've got a judge who's willing to hear the new evidence against Franklin, but it's looking like you'll need to testify about what happened. We're trying to set a court date as soon as possible, but there's some red tape to cut through.”
 
“He'll know it's me,” Dee murmured. “That's perfect.”
 
They heard the front door click open and Ryo's voice.
 
“Bikky? Can you come help me with this?”
 
“Coming Dad!”
 
Bikky flashed Rose a warning glare and scrambled out of the room, a muffled conversation drifting back into Dee and Rose as Bikky and Ryo talked. Rose sighed and Dee rubbed at his temples.
 
“You could have just called about this,” Dee said lowly. “What are you up to?”
 
“Why does everyone always think I'm up to something?” Rose said flatly.
 
“Because you usually are,” Dee growled. “Where are my cigarettes?”
 
“No smoking while you're sick,” Ryo said as he entered, a couple of cups in his hands.
 
Bikky trailed after him with the coffee pot and Dee scowled irritably.
 
“So I have to be sick and nicotine deprived?”
 
“Get over it,” Bikky said. “You better not give me whatever you've got.”
 
Dee snatched up Bikky's math book and coughed on it.
 
“HEY!” Bikky yelled.
 
Ryo sighed tiredly. “Bikky, take your stuff back out to the living room please. Dee, stop being so childish.”
 
Bikky and Dee stared darkly at each other but neither argued as Bikky scooped up everything with his good arm and stormed out of the room. Ryo handed Dee a cup of coffee and then poured one for Rose.
 
“Thank you,” Rose said silkily. “I like your bedroom, it's very inviting.”
 
Ryo blinked and cursed silently as he felt a light blush run across his cheeks. He smiled at the Commissioner and then sat down on the bed in the spot Bikky had just vacated. Dee scooted closer to him and Ryo absently brushed a hand over his forehead.
 
“You still have a fever,” Ryo said.
 
“I know,” Dee groaned.
 
“So what's going on, sir?” Ryo said as he glanced back up at Rose.
 
“We're preparing to set a court date for Franklin MacLean and I wanted to check in with you and Laytner.”
 
Ryo nodded and leaned back against the headboard, his eyes distant as he thought.
 
“You okay?” Dee asked softly.
 
“Yeah,” Ryo answered. “Just thinking.”
 
He smiled sadly and Dee lightly rubbed at his shoulder. Rose took a long drink of his coffee and waited until Dee's hand dropped back to his side.
 
“So what security precautions would the two of you be willing to submit to?”
 
They both shrugged and Rose sighed.
 
“So I can put you in protective custody, witness relocation, everything?”
 
“Hell no,” Dee grunted.
 
“I don't think we need to go that far,” Ryo said skeptically.
 
“How about some vacation time?” Dee said, perking up. “We can disappear for a while until the charges stick on MacLean.”
 
“You think you can just handle this yourself?” Rose said sternly.
 
“If I recall,” Dee said coldly. “The last time we trusted in you, Ryo almost got cut into pieces.”
 
“That was an FBI mistake, not mine,” Rose said, his voice rising a little.
 
“You were still there!”
 
“I don't recall you doing anything productive!”
 
Ryo gently pinched the bridge of his nose and waited. There was no point in trying to stop them, they would keep going full tilt until one of them yelled loudly enough for the other to hear him.
 
“You're such a sanctimonious asshole!” Dee roared.
 
“You need to learn some respect for your superiors!”
 
“Superior? Ha that's--” Dee's voice cut off sharply and he slumped against Ryo. “I don't feel very well.”
 
Ryo's eyes flashed with concern and, even though his mouth was still set with annoyance, he gently brushed his hands over Dee's face.
 
“Just lay still and try not to get so worked up,” Ryo said softly. “You're going to make yourself sicker.”
 
Dee nodded and wrapped his arms around Ryo's waist, burrowing close as Ryo brushed a hand down his neck.
 
“I swear to God you're useless when you're sick,” Ryo sighed.
 
Dee nodded again. As long as I have you to take care of me, I don't care. Ryo toyed with a lock of hair and then his eyes slid up to Rose's now impassive face.
 
“What does Diana think?”
 
“I haven't asked if the FBI is planning on getting involved in this case.”
 
“I see,” Ryo said and sighed. “Vacation time, huh? Where would we go?”
 
“Maui,” Dee said and then grinned. “Rio.”
 
Ryo laughed and shook his head.
 
“You obviously aren't that sick.”
 
“Mmph,” Dee grunted.
 
“What about England?” Rose said suddenly.
 
Dee and Ryo both looked at him and Rose shrugged.
 
“The inn we met at is under new ownership.”
 
“I'd hope so,” Ryo said with a chuckle.
 
“It's remote, not very well known, quiet.”
 
“In the middle of nowhere, difficult to defend or get people to, without access to a secure phone line,” Dee answered irritably.
 
“I didn't say you'd actually be going there,” Rose said with a smirk.
 
“Eh?”
 
“We'd simply be spreading the word that you'd left for England and send you some place else.”
 
“Like where?” Dee said cautiously.
 
Rose smiled.
 
 
Ryo leaned his forehead against Dee's and smiled at the green eyes that flashed at him.
 
“You're not that hot anymore,” he said softly.
 
“That's cold Ryo,” Dee said.
 
Ryo laughed and shook his head. “How are you feeling?”
 
“Sick,” Dee answered honestly. “Nervous. Are we really going to trust Rose to pick someplace for us to hide out at?”
 
Ryo sighed. He knew how much Dee disliked Berkeley Rose, but the Commissioner had always come through when it counted. You're infuriating. Ryo ran a hand through his hair and wondered how many times Dee must have thought that when Dee had been pursuing him. Regardless of his personal feelings, Rose always did his job well, and prided himself on a well run precinct. He'd want things to go smoothly on this, no matter what.
 
“He wants to bust these guys,” Ryo said softly. “He's never let us down before.”
 
“I don't trust him,” Dee growled.
 
Ryo's eyes slid to him. “Why?”
 
“You know why,” Dee snapped.
 
Ryo sighed and climbed into the bed next to Dee, carefully wrapping his arms around his sick partner. Ryo stared up at the ceiling and Dee began to lightly play his fingers over his arm.
 
“Ryo,” Dee said, his voice soft and hesitant. “Do you ever…regret…us?”
 
Ryo sat up sharply and glared down at Dee. “What?”
 
Dee flinched, but met Ryo's eyes as he waited.
 
Ryo sighed finally and lay back down, his arm again sliding across Dee's chest. Did he ever regret them? No. Never. Ryo closed his eyes.
 
“I have never, ever, felt that way,” Ryo said softly.
 
Dee smiled and gently lifted Ryo's hand to his lips. He knew there was probably a very accurate psychological explanation for his fears of emotional abandonment. Any first year psych student would point out being left in an alley, growing up in an orphanage that he was never adopted from, and having his only father figure die in his arms as key causes. But there were other reasons too. Feelings of doubt and fear that somehow didn't want to let go of him. Some part of him sometimes whispered he wasn't good enough, and he shouldn't be this happy. All of his brash and impetuous nature couldn't completely mask it, no matter how loud he tried to be. Ryo was the only one who he would ever let see the face behind all of that noise.
 
“Because I love you,” Ryo said and Dee smiled at how perfectly those words fit with his own thoughts.
 
“Because I love you,” Dee breathed and closed his eyes.
 
 
Dee picked up the phone as it rang.
 
“Hello Ryo.”
 
“You know,” Ryo sighed into his ear. “It's still a little creepy when you do that.”
 
Dee chuckled. “Sorry.”
 
“How are you feeling?”
 
“Fine. I've been up and moving all day now.”
 
“So you're alright with take-out for dinner, right?”
 
“Sure. How was work?”
 
“Meh,” Ryo grunted. “I spent the day with Jim. The guy is way too into science.”
 
“Learn anything interesting?”
 
“Well actually, we were looking at these hair samples and--”
 
Ryo's voice suddenly cut off and Dee sat up a little straighter on the couch.
 
“Ryo? Hello? Ryo? You still there?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“What happened?”
 
“Jerry Tinota's here.”
 
“What? Ryo, don't do anything stupid, the man's a psycho,” Dee snapped into the phone.
 
“Just keep your mouth shut and listen,” Ryo whispered. “I'm not going to hang up, I'm just going to put the phone in my pocket. You've got your cell, right?”
 
“Yeah, it's around here.”
 
“Good,” suddenly Ryo's voice warmed. “Don't worry Dee, I'm in a police station parking lot.”
 
There was a quiet rumbling scraping sound and Dee knew that the phone had just been dropped into Ryo's jacket pocket. He listened to the strange shuffling sounds as fabric scraped over the phone as Ryo walked.
 
“Mr. Randy MacLean?”
 
“Yes,” Ryo replied. “Jerry Tinota.”
 
“I'm flattered,” the dull voice chuckled. “I was wondering if you could tell me how to get in touch with your partner. I've been trying his home number, but he hasn't called me back. It's making me rather annoyed.”
 
“He's around,” Ryo said. “He's been out sick the last couple of days, but you could try him here at the station tomorrow. He should be back by then.”
 
“I really hope that I find him soon. We have a very important relationship.”
 
“How nice,” Ryo said absently. “Would you mind stepping back from my car? I'm running late.”
 
“Off to pick up your son?”
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“Your son, or rather, your foster son. Bikky, right? Off to pick him up from his school? Or maybe he's gone to see your aunt and uncle again.”
 
“What are you getting at?” Ryo said quietly.
 
“Nothing, nothing,” Tinota answered. “Just remind Mr. Laytner that there are consequences for disappointing us. He'll understand.”
 
A long moment of silence stretched out and Dee clung to the phone. His hands were shaking and he wished that someone would show up. JJ, Drake, Ted, Rose, anyone just to make sure that Tinota didn't have Ryo alone in an empty parking garage. He couldn't take this much longer. If something happened what in the hell was he supposed to do? Call for back-up? He'd already gotten three cops shot, he didn't want Ryo to be number four.
 
“I'll see that he gets your message,” Ryo said finally.
 
“Yes,” Tinota laughed. “I think you will.”
 
“Goodbye.”
 
There was a loud clunk as the car door slammed shut and the engine started up. Dee's stomach tensed as he waited, a quiet song playing on the radio as Ryo pulled away from Tinota. There was more scrambling, then Ryo's clear voice.
 
“Dee?”
 
“Yeah,” he said numbly. “I'm here.”
 
“Did you catch all of that?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I really hate these guys.”
 
“Yeah.”