Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act V, Betrayal and Resurrection ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I don't own FAKE. I'm not Sanami Matoh and I am not making any money off of this. I hope you all are happy about that. Bastards.
 
This is yaoi and hentai, and that means hot boy on boy action. If that makes you uncomfortable then how in the hell are you a FAKE fan anyway? Get out of here!
 
 
“DEE!”
 
Dee's eyes widened as JJ shot towards him and he roughly grabbed Bikky and flung the boy forward. He and JJ tangled together and fell to the floor, Bikky scowling angrily up at Dee.
 
“What was that for, you pervert?”
 
“Sorry Biks,” Dee said as he pulled the boy up. “It's just reflex.”
 
“Whatever,” Bikky answered and kicked Dee in the shin.
 
“Ouch!” Dee yelled and rubbed at his sore leg. “What are you doing here JJ?”
 
“Rose and I came to pick you up,” JJ answered. “Ready for your day in court?”
 
“The suit doesn't tell you?” Dee asked as he gestured to the freshly ironed clothes.
 
“You look amazing,” JJ sighed. “Oh, Mr. Perfect, a car ride back to the city with you will be heaven! We can sit in the backseat together and I promise not to wrinkle you up too much.”
 
“Not a chance,” Dee said flatly. “Where is Rose?”
 
“He went to talk to Ryo.”
 
“Yeah, right,” Dee said lowly.
 
JJ followed him into the kitchen and both paused as they noticed the knife in Ryo's hand and the warning glare he was flashing the Commissioner. Rose stepped back and smirked at Dee.
 
“Well Laytner, it looks like you're at least attempting to take this seriously.”
 
Dee's eyes narrowed and he felt an irritable growl rip out of his throat. Ryo sighed and turned back to the celery he was chopping.
 
“Are you staying for lunch?” he asked.
“I'm afraid we can't,” Rose answered. “We have to leave now to make it back on time. Traffic has been horrible all day. It took us almost an extra hour just to get out of New York.”
 
“Great,” Dee grunted. “That's just what I wanted to hear.”
 
Dee stepped forward and gently rested his hands on Ryo's waist. He saw the thick blush spread over the brown haired detective's cheeks and noticed his hands shake a little as he continued to chop. Dee turned and scowled at JJ and Rose.
 
“Do you mind?” he snapped.
 
Both stared back with open annoyance but finally sighed and left. Dee gently kissed Ryo's neck and his arms slid around to encircle him.
 
“Love you,” Dee breathed.
 
The knife slipped out of Ryo's hands and he turned, his dark eyes meeting Dee's as he smiled and leaned forward for a warm kiss. One hand slid up to Dee's neck and the other lightly grabbed his tie as their lips pressed together and lightly opened. Ryo's blush darkened and he felt a heavy rush run through him.

”Love you,” Ryo answered as they pulled apart. “Be careful.”
 
“You too.”
 
Dee whistled quietly as he left the kitchen to collect Rose and JJ, his hands absently straightening his tie as he grinned at them.
 
“Let's go.”
 
Rose glanced back once more at the kitchen and JJ stared up at him.
 
“Are you ever going to get over Ryo?” JJ asked flatly.
 
“The same day you get over Laytner,” Rose answered.
 
A long moment of silence passed.
 
“We're screwed,” JJ said.
 
“Yes.”
 
 
Dee irritably paced up and down the courtroom hallway as JJ and Rose watched. Rose's eyebrow was arched in amusement and JJ looked worried as Dee continued to run his hands through his hair and loosen and tighten his tie.
 
“Why the fuck is this taking so long?” he snapped suddenly.
 
“I told you traffic was bad today,” Rose answered. “Honestly Detective, calm down.”
 
“Sorry that I'm having a hard time doing that,” Dee growled angrily.
 
His nerves were getting worse and worse by the minute. He kept hearing Franklin's cool voice in his head. Kill Randy. Dee didn't like being this far away from Ryo and Bikky. He knew that Ryo was an armed sharpshooter trained in hand to hand combat and surrounded by FBI agents, but still…He was still Dee's Ryo, and he knew Ryo was probably thinking the same thing about him right now. Dee was an armed highly decorated detective trained in hand to hand combat and street fighting who was surrounded by courthouse guards, but still…
 
Dee ran his hands through his hair again and tried to calm his mind. It was running at a mile a minute, and he couldn't seem to quiet the little voices that kept singing in him. Something was going to go wrong, something was going to cause this to blow up in their faces. He fished out his cigarettes and Rose cleared his throat.
 
“Public courthouse,” Rose said. “No smoking.”
 
Dee flinched but dropped the cigarettes back into his pocket. It had taken them forever to get here, especially since Rose insisted on driving to the house they had staked out with Dee hiding down beneath the seats. They had smuggled him in through the garage then openly walked out the front door and climbed into another car. It seemed like a useless precaution to Dee, but he supposed that if they wanted people to think that he and Ryo really were there, it was a smart move. He scowled irritably at that thought and glared up at the clock.
 
“Jesus Christ,” he snapped. “How much longer?”
 
“Commissioner!”

Rose turned at the voice and quickly stood to meet a uniformed officer. He began to whisper in Rose's ear and the blonde man suddenly stiffened and his eyes narrowed darkly.
 
“What?” he snapped. “When?”
 
The officer continued to speak softly and Rose shook his head angrily.
 
“Goddammit,” he roared. “Let's go!”
 
“What?” JJ said with confusion. “Where are we going?”
 
“Back to the house,” Rose said as he pulled on his jacket. “The MacLean's have escaped.”
 
 
Dee couldn't sit still through the car ride. It didn't help matters that Rose insisted on again returning to the house down town and forcing Dee to ride out of the city limits hunched down in the backseat. He couldn't keep still. His hands kept tugging at his tie and running nervously across his face as they sped along.
 
Dammit. What kind of prison guards did New York hire? This was the second time that Dee could clearly remember them either being bought off or rolled over during a prisoner transfer. Both Martin and Franklin had disappeared in the middle of a traffic jam, and no one seemed to have any idea of how it could have happened.
 
Dee angrily pounded a fist against his window and JJ glanced back at him.
 
“Calm down Senpai, I'm sure they're fine.”
 
Dee didn't look at him but again tried to call Ryo's cell phone. Again, there was no answer. He closed his eyes and listened as Rose dialed Diana. The FBI agent hadn't been answering her phone either, and no one was particularly surprised when this time proved no different.
 
They screeched to a halt outside of the beach house and Dee ran inside, the door flung open as he frantically began to search.
 
“Ryo? Ryo! Bikky! Where are you? Bikky? Ryo!”
 
His voice echoed through the house, but there was no sign of anyone. The place was still and silent and Dee blinked quickly as he tried to push back the fear that was threatening to overwhelm him. Where were they?
 
“Anything?” Rose said as Dee came back into the living room.
 
“No,” Dee said lowly. “There's nothing here.”
 
The door clicked open and Ryo frowned at the three of them as he came in, Bikky trailing after him.

”You're back pretty early,” Ryo said. “I didn't think you'd be--”
 
Ryo's voice was cut off as Dee clutched him close, his hands running all over Ryo as he desperately tried to prove to himself that this wasn't a cruel trick. Ryo blushed darkly and tried to pull away, but Dee's hold remained firm and he kissed Ryo passionately, not caring about who was watching. Ryo blinked in surprise, but he felt the tension and fear in Dee and didn't pull away. He waited, enjoying the kiss, but worried about what had Dee so upset. Finally, Dee pulled back and leaned his head against Ryo.
 
“Damn,” Dee whispered. “You're okay, right?”
 
“Y-yes,” Ryo said, still brightly red. “What happened?”
 
“Franklin and Martin MacLean disappeared from their prisoner transport,” Rose said softly. “We don't know where they are.”
 
Ryo nodded slightly. “I see.”
 
“Why haven't you been answering your phone?” Dee said as he stood back up and glared at Ryo.
 
“What?”
 
Ryo frowned and pulled the cell from his pocket. He blushed again and gave them an apologetic smile.
 
“Sorry, I guess I forgot to turn it back on this morning.”
 
“What?!” Dee yelled. “Dammit Ryo, you scared the shit out of me!”
 
“Sorry, sorry,” Ryo said and scratched at his chin. “I didn't mean to.”
 
“What's going on in here?” Diana asked as she and Drake pushed inside.
 
“The MacLean's escaped this afternoon,” Rose said.
 
“Well that explains your driving skills,” Diana said wryly. “Are we changing venues?”
 
“Maybe,” Rose said. “I don't know where to send them though. It'll probably be a couple of days while I look into things.”
 
“Can we go back to New York?” Bikky asked brightly.
 
“We'll see,” Rose said. “For now, Adams you and I will be staying up here. I want a fax machine here ASAP, get moving Drake.”
 
Dee scowled at Rose, but felt the irritation slipping away as Ryo slipped an arm around his waist. Ryo smiled at him and Dee couldn't help but smile back.
 
“Where were you anyway?” Dee asked.
 
“Well…” Ryo shrugged and grinned.
 
Dee's eyes narrowed suspiciously and Diana sighed.
 
“He brought us some lunch,” she admitted. “How in the hell did you both know we were here?”
 
Rose paused in his instructions to Drake and JJ and turned to listen. Dee shrugged slightly and Ryo shook his head.
 
“Who else would Rose send out?” Ryo said finally.
 
“And you weren't that hard to spot anyway,” Dee said as he lit a cigarette. “The place is supposed to be practically empty, right? Well, your agents are all milling around and going in and out of that house up on the hill where the two of you have been staying. It's basic detective work.”
 
“I hate you all,” Diana said irritably.
 
 
The coffee percolated loudly and Ryo stared at it as he waited for the pot to finish. It hadn't been an enjoyable night. First Dee and Rose had argued almost non-stop, then Bikky had got in on the act by picking a fight with JJ, then the power went out. Ryo sighed and shook his head. It was amazing how much chaos a three minute black-out could cause.
 
“What the hell kind of cheap ass house is this, Rose?” Dee roared.
 
“Shut up, Detective,” Rose snapped back.
 
Of course, the insults had only resumed after everyone was satisfied that it wasn't some kind of an attack. Ryo rubbed at his temples and pulled the coffee out, quickly pouring himself a cup as he sat down at the small dining room table. The ocean greyly crashed outside and Ryo watched as the waves rolled up the shore.
 
Dee was nervous, Ryo knew it. His lover kept staring off into space and jumping at small noises. He was irritable and fidgety and even snapped when he was talking to Ryo. He couldn't seem to keep himself under control, and Ryo closed his eyes as he breathed in the thick coffee scent. Dee didn't like feeling that, and unlike Ryo, Dee wasn't good at bottling in his emotions and ignoring them. He wanted to act on them, somehow, and he was going to be hard to live with until he could find some outlet.
 
A shrill cell phone cut through the silent morning air and Ryo sighed. At that volume, it was sure to wake the rest of the house. So much for his few moments of peace.
 
“Hello?”
 
Ryo listened to Rose's soft baritone as the commissioner spoke into the phone.
 
“Are you certain?” A long pause. “I'm on my way.”
 
Ryo heard some scuffling and listened as Rose padded into the kitchen, his usually carefully combed hair hanging messily against his beard stubbled cheeks. He stared at Ryo through squinting eyes and then fished out his glasses. The blue eyes cleared some and he sighed.
 
“I forgot you were a morning person,” Rose said.
 
“Coffee, sir?”
 
“Yes, thank you. Where did Adams sleep last night?”
 
“Um, I think he left with Diana and Drake. He was going to take a watch shift so they could, er--” Ryo blushed a little and his voice faded.
 
“Of course they would,” Rose said dryly. “Would you mind calling up there and waking him while I get ready? We're heading back to the city.”
 
“What's up?”
 
“Tinota's been spotted at the Johnson house.”
 
 
Ryo stretched and stared at the clock. It was almost seven. Dee and Bikky wouldn't roll out of bed for at least another two hours. He sighed and rested his head in his hand. He was running out of books to read and was thoroughly disgusted with daytime television. Ryo was starting to understand the meaning of the phrase “stir-crazy.” He sighed and glanced down at the beach.
 
What he'd really like to do was go for a walk, a nice long one down the beach. He sighed again and shook his head.
 
Wouldn't that be the mother of all stupid moves? Imagine having to explain that one to Dee when he ended up tied up in someone's trunk. He frowned irritably and shook his head. Like he'd go quietly. He'd probably get shot before they got him loaded.
 
A chill raced through his mind as he remembered the cold fire of the needle Derrick Marsh had slid into his arm. Drugged. That was always a chance. It was hard to fight against some of the effects that could be forced on a person. Shot in a different way, he supposed. Ryo sighed again and stared back out at the ocean.
 
Maybe Dee would want to go for a walk later. That would be nice. They could go together, if Bikky wasn't too vocal about spending time with Diana. There were enough FBI agents wandering around that it should be alright for him and Dee to stray away from the house some.
 
The house phone rang, startling him out of his thoughts and Ryo quickly picked it up.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey Ryo,” Drake said chipperly. “How's it going?”
 
“Alright, just having some coffee. You?”
 
“Okay,” Drake said. “Coffee sounds good. Our pot's broken.”
 
“Really? I thought you were drinking some yesterday when Bikky and I came to visit.”
 
“Er, yeah, it broke last night.”
 
“You okay, Drake?”
 
“Tired,” Drake said. “We were up late.”
 
“I hope you didn't make JJ stand watch all night,” Ryo said with a chuckle.
 
“No, no, not all night,” Drake said. “Hey, when you've got a minute, could you send us up a thermos full of coffee? I'm sure that one of--” Drake's voice snapped off then returned with a small laugh. “Diana says that her agents aren't coffee boys. Forget it.”
 
“Don't worry about it,” Ryo said. “I just brewed a whole pot and I don't think Dee's going to be up early enough to drink it. I'll bring it up to you.”
 
“Thanks. Take your time.”
 
Ryo chuckled and hung up. Looks like he was going to get his walk anyway. He whistled quietly as he poured the coffee into one of the tall thermoses from beneath the counter and then pulled on his shoes and jacket. It really was starting to get cold and windy, and he gritted his teeth as a sharp blast raked across his face. Diana and Drake really owed him for this.
 
He trudged up to their beach house and knocked on the door.
 
“Come in,” Diana called.
 
Ryo swung the door open and smiled at them both. “Brought your coffee.”
 
“Good boy,” Franklin MacLean said softly as he stepped from the shadows, his gun still aimed at Diana's head.
 
 
Dee's eyes opened to narrow slits as he stared up at the clock on the bedside table. Wow, ten o'clock and his partner hadn't come in kicking and screaming yet. He sighed and rolled over, stretching a little as he felt his back tense and relax. Ryo must have decided to try and let him sleep off some of his irritation. Dee grinned, it had worked. He felt fine, a little more relaxed and definitely more in control.
 
He got up slowly and took a long shower, half-way expecting his dark eyed lover to surprise him mid-way through. Dee was a little disappointed when his shower ended with him still alone, but he got dressed quickly and paced out into the quiet hose. He glanced into the living room, expecting to spot Ryo sprawled across the couch with book in hand and glasses in place, but the room was silent and empty. Dee half frowned and headed for the kitchen.
 
Again, emptiness met him. He sighed and leaned against the counter. There weren't many other places Ryo could be, especially since Bikky would sleep until noon if Ryo let him. Dee blinked and moved to the patio door. He slid it open and stuck his head outside, his eyes scanning the beach as a couple of FBI agents came jogging forward.
 
“Detective Laytner,” one called. “Are you alright?”
 
“Yeah, I'm fine. What's going on?”
 
“We just found Agent Spacey and Detective Parker. Agent Spacey's got a pretty serious wound…”
 
The man kept talking but Dee didn't hear another word.
 
 
Rose stared out the bedroom window and then shook his head.
 
“He's coming this way,” he said lowly.
 
There was a soft knock on the door and Rose pushed his way forward, his eyes glinting back to the cops behind him. The Commissioner ripped the door open, several guns aiming over his shoulders as he stared out at Jerry Tinota. The criminal gave them all a surprised look and then blinked.
 
“I give up?” he said coyly. “Don't shoot the messenger.”
 
“Messenger?” Rose said lowly.
 
Tinota smiled and then carefully reached into his coat, glancing up at the nervous guns that followed his movements. He removed a small envelope and handed it to Rose.
 
Rose tore it open, his eyes darting angrily up to Tinota as he fished out a single photograph. It was of the beach house. Rose's eyes narrowed and he flipped the image over.
 
By the time you read this, it's already too late.
 
 
Ryo closed his eyes as Martin's fist slammed into his stomach again. He was bound and gagged, and it was starting to hurt to breathe. Martin was panting a little after all the exertion, but didn't show any signs of stopping. Ryo's head spun as a punch collided with his chin and sent the chair he was propped up in clattering backwards. He fell roughly out of it and lay on the floor, struggling to clear his head as Martin loomed over him.
 
“Martin,” Franklin said sharply.
 
They had taken him to a small boat anchored about twenty miles away from the beach house. Then the beating had begun. It was light at first, a few taps, a couple of kicks, but now, as the night began to set in around them, it was getting worse.
 
Franklin knelt down and stared at Ryo's bruised face. He sighed heavily and shook his head.
 
“You really do look like your father,” he said finally. “He had to take some beatings too before he got the message. In the end it was just for the better that he decided not to go into the family business, he was too honest for it. An unfortunate trait you share, I'm afraid. It really is a pity. I would have liked to have brought you in, I don't know that there's anyone really capable of running things after I'm gone.”
 
“Grandfather,” Martin said irritably and Franklin glanced at him.
 
“Face it Martin, you're an incompetent. Name one thing you've managed to do right in your life. If you weren't family I would have left you to rot in that jail.”
 
He stood back up and shook his head at Ryo again.
 
“It really is a pity,” he said again. “I would have liked to have left everything to you.”
 
“You son of a bitch,” Martin hissed softly and there was the quiet click of a gun being cocked.
 
Franklin's eyes slid to him and the old man laughed.
 
“You won't shoot me Martin, you can't. You won't have anyone to take care of you after I'm gone. You'll be dead in a month without my protection.”
 
“But what a month,” Martin said lowly and pulled the trigger.
 
Ryo flinched and a muffled cry escaped him as dark blood spattered down over him and Franklin toppled to the ground, the top of his head now gone. Ryo stared at him and panted a little, his eyes shifting back to Martin. His cousin stared down at him with wild eyes and laughed.
 
“That was easier than I thought it would be,” he said as he aimed the gun at Ryo. “Too bad for you.”
 
A second gunshot ripped through the night.
 
 
Dee numbly listened as the new FBI agent in charge went over their plans for their search. He couldn't seem to focus on anything. Bikky was sitting next to him and had one of Dee's hands in a death grip. Bikky's mouth was a thin line, and his usually bright eyes were wide and almost glassy.
 
What the hell were they going to do? Ryo…Ryo…Ryo…
 
It chanted over and over in his mind and he pressed his free hand roughly against his eyes. His head was clanging with noise, and he couldn't think clearly. Nothing was getting through.
 
“Dee,” Bikky was tugging at his sleeve now. “Dee?”
 
“What is it Bikky?” Dee said softly.
 
“Your phone is ringing.”
 
Dee reached into his pockets until he found the cell phone and he numbly brought it to his ear.
 
“Laytner here,” he said numbly.
 
“Hello Detective,” Martin MacLean said brightly. “I suggest you keep this conversation quiet and civilized, are we clear?”
 
“Yes,” Dee gritted his teeth and kept his eyes pinned to the floor.
 
The small beach house was flooded with FBI agents and cops, and if one of them suspected that he was talking to one of Ryo's kidnappers…Dee closed his eyes, this had to go right, he had to find Ryo.
 
“We need to conclude our business, you and I,” Martin said. “You see, Detective, you're a lose end, and I want to take care of all of my unfinished business as quickly as possible. So you're going to meet with me. I hope that you are intelligent enough to understand that if you bring anyone with you, I will make you regret it.”
 
“Yes,” Dee said again.
 
“Good, now listen closely because I don't like to have to repeat myself.”
 
Dee's eyes closed tighter as he memorized the directions Martin was giving him, his mind mapping them out quickly. Bikky's hand was locked around his again, and Dee tried to give him a small smile as he squeezed it.
 
“Get there as soon as you can,” Martin said. “If I don't see you by midnight, you won't see me again.”
 
“I'll be there,” Dee breathed.
 
Dee glanced around the room and his eyes flickered as he spotted Rose quietly talking with a few of the FBI agents. Dee pulled his hand away from Bikky and then hooked his arm around the boy's shoulders, pulling him closer.
 
“Listen up, Biks,” Dee whispered in the boy's ear. “I need you to do something for me. I've gotta go get Ryo, so I need you to keep these guys busy, okay? Think you can handle it?”
 
“What?” Bikky said. “I'm supposed to just let you--”
 
Dee clamped his hand over Bikky's mouth and flashed him a dark glare.
 
“Quiet Biks. If I didn't think I could handle it, I wouldn't go. It's Ryo. Just distract them for me, alright?”
 
Bikky stared at Dee's eyes, the grim determination in them sparking brighter than usual. Bikky knew Dee could do it, he knew that Dee could handle it, and Dee would bring his Dad back to him. Bikky nodded slightly and Dee released him.
 
“Wait till I'm by the door,” Dee breathed as he stood up, and his head jerked towards Rose. “Hit him once for me.”
 
Bikky couldn't help the menacing grin that darted across his face, but he quickly forced it aside. He stared dejectedly at the floor and then his eyes skidded over to make sure Dee was in position. Then, Bikky launched himself at Berkeley Rose.
 
“You did this!” Bikky roared. “It's your fault! He's my Dad! My Dad!”
 
Dee winced at the scared tenor of Bikky's voice but didn't pause. There was a lot of scrambling as they tugged at Bikky, JJ taking the cast in his face as Bikky flailed away. He screamed and sobbed and let loose all the emotion that he had been keeping bottled since Dee had gotten him out of bed that morning. Rose was half-heartedly trying to push him away, and Bikky spotted the flash of guilt that raced across the man's face. He made a mental note to apologize later. Then they were ripping him away and JJ was hugging him close.
 
Bikky sobbed again and then he heard JJ's clear voice fill the room.
 
“Where's Dee?”