Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act V, Betrayal and Resurrection ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I don't own FAKE. I'm not Sanami Matoh and I am not making any money off of this. I hope you all are happy about that. Bastards.
 
This is yaoi and hentai, and that means hot boy on boy action. If that makes you uncomfortable then how in the hell are you a FAKE fan anyway? Get out of here!
 
 
Dee climbed the rickety steps to the cliff lookout that Martin had directed him to. One hand was anxiously wrapped around his holstered pistol, the other kept clenching into a fist. Dee Laytner was spoiling for a fight.
 
He wanted the chance to beat the shit out of Ryo's family, to pound them into the ground until they couldn't take anymore. He wanted to completely annihilate them so that he'd never have to worry about them again. He was planning to hit Martin so hard that Franklin would feel it. Dee gritted his teeth as Martin MacLean came into view.
 
“Hello Detective,” he said with a false smile as he trained his gun on Dee. “So good of you to come.”
 
“Where's Ryo?” Dee said flatly.
 
“I don't know,” Martin answered. “The last time I saw him, he was drifting out to sea.”
 
“What?” Dee roared.
 
“Yes, his body was floating on the waves,” Martin's eyes narrowed. “It was after I shot him.”
 
The world stopped.
 
The world shattered.
 
Dee couldn't breathe, his whole body was suddenly cold and heavy. His breath caught and he felt a hot dryness rush through his throat. He could suddenly remember every breath of Ryo's, every smile, every kiss. And then he could only remember the last of everything, the last smile, the last kiss. Dee's eyes blinked and his mouth hung open as he stared at Martin.
 
“Don't worry,” Martin said, his voice distantly echoing over Dee. “I'm sure he'll wash up sooner or later. I'm assuming of course that there's nothing in these waters that would want to eat that pretty little body of his.”
 
“You…”
 
“Yes,” Martin said with a wicked smile. “I killed him.”
 
Ryo was…The world became a plain of grays and smoke as Dee struggled to understand. Ryo couldn't be…that…he couldn't be. He was fine, because Dee needed him to be. He couldn't be, because they had promised to love each other forever, and Dee knew that forever hadn't come yet.
 
“I shot him,” Martin said softly. “Just like I'm going--”
 
Dee roared with rage and pain and flung himself at the red headed man standing in front of him. A gun went off, but Dee didn't even react. He forgot about the gun at his side, all he could think about was ripping Martin's head off with his bare hands. His fists slammed into Martin's face and pounded him down to the ground. Dee pinned him angrily, long broken screams ripping free from him as he struck again and again. Martin was yelling, signaling to someone, but Dee couldn't make himself stop and find out who.
 
A heavy weight slammed into his head, and Dee was drug away from Martin, four men holding him down as Martin got back to his feet. He panted and stood shakily, blood running from his nose and lips as he sneered down at Dee.
 
“He screamed your name when I shot him,” Martin said coldly. “He thought you'd save him, but you didn't. Where were you Detective? What were you doing when your lover was dying?”
 
Dee roared again and his body bucked free, his fists again moving faster than his mind. He tore into the men trying to hold him back and flung them aside, most staggering back in painful surprise. Dee flung himself at Martin again and threw him back to the ground. Martin was screaming, but this time it was only in pain and fear as Dee slammed into him again and again. Tears blurred Dee's vision, and all he could think about was Ryo's soft voice. I love you, more than anything. Where was that voice coming from? Was it the first time Ryo had said it? Was it the last time they had made love? Was it when Ryo held him so close that Dee could hear his heartbeat? Dee roared again and threw Martin into a bleeding heap.
 
Now Dee finally drew his gun and stormed forward, the barrel pressing bruisingly hard into Martin's forehead. Dee's eyes burned with dark fire and his lip quivered with consuming rage. Martin cried out again, pleading now, begging, whimpering as Dee stared down at him with wild empty eyes.
 
“For Ryo,” Dee breathed.
 
The gun lowered slowly and he pulled the handcuffs from his pocket, his voice low and empty when he spoke again.
 
“You have the right to remain silent…”
 
 
Someone wrapped a blanket around him, but Dee didn't really notice it. He was crying, long streams of tears that rolled down his cheeks. He didn't wipe them away, he couldn't even find the energy to care who saw him weep. Ryo. His eyes closed and he slumped heavily, the first grey light of morning coloring the horizon.
 
He had had the chance to avenge Ryo, to pull the trigger and end everything, but he hadn't done it. His eyes closed tighter as his body was wracked with sobs. He couldn't do it. It would have meant killing all he had left of Ryo and it would have meant losing Bikky forever. It would have meant being alone again. He shook with the force of his tears, but he didn't try and hold any of it back. His fingers knotted painfully around the blanket and he clung to it as he collapsed inside.
 
“Dee?”
 
Bikky's voice was soft and hesitant, and Dee felt the boy brush his fingers across Dee's face. He was wiping away the tears, his touch soft and gentle as Dee tried to open his eyes.
 
“Dee?” Bikky's voice sounded like he was about to drown in all of his fear and Dee felt his heart tug painfully.
 
His arms opened and he pulled Bikky close, sobbing against Bikky's small shoulder as he clung tightly to him. Bikky held on, his eyes blinking thickly as Dee wept.
 
“Bikky,” Dee breathed. “I'm sorry, I'm so sorry…Ryo…”
 
Bikky's eyes widened and he pulled roughly back, his hands tugging sharply at the blanket that was wrapped around Dee.
 
“Dad,” Bikky whispered. “We've got to go, we've got to go now!”
 
“Bikky, he…Ryo…He's…”
 
“He'll be in surgery before we get there!” Bikky yelled and pulled harder. “Get up you moron or we'll miss him!”
 
Dee's jaw dropped and he stared uncomprehendingly at Bikky. Bikky growled at him angrily and tugged harder.
 
“Come on!”
 
“He's alright?”
 
“They don't know yet,” Bikky shouted. “Hurry up or I'm going without you!”
 
 
“It's a miracle he's still alive,” the doctor said softly as Bikky and Dee stared in through the observation window.
 
Both had been outfitted in hospital scrubs and wore thick masks just to watch the surgery that was taking place in another room. Bikky's good hand was again clutched in one of Dee's, and the boy's loud mouth was sealed in a worried frown. Dee squeezed his hand reassuringly and smiled behind his mask.
 
“It's okay Biks,” Dee said softly. “He knows better than to leave the two of us alone together.”
 
Dee's eyes drifted back to Ryo's pale face, his soft features relaxed and peaceful beneath the mask that kept him so soundly asleep. His hair was hidden beneath a thick hairnet and dozens of monitors and machines all beeped in time with his body. Dee took a deep breath to steady his heart and then turned back to the doctor.
 
“What happened?”
 
“They found him floating in the ocean,” the doctor said. “He's got a gunshot wound through the stomach, it ricocheted off of his ribs and then back out the front.”
 
“But he's going to make it, right?”
 
“It'll be a long slow road,” the doctor said. “But we've got most of the bleeding under control and we're hopeful for a complete recovery.”
 
Dee could have flown if they had asked him to.
 
 
Ryo sleepily stared around the small hospital room and then gave himself back over to dreaming. The doctors had just left, forcing him to answer question after question as he struggled to stay awake, but now things were quiet and peaceful. He sighed slightly and enjoyed the thick darkness that covered him as his eyes closed.
 
Rose entered the room slowly, his gaze sliding over the sleeping detective before him. The Commissioner moved forward slowly, as though afraid of disturbing Ryo and gently sat down at his bedside. Dee and Bikky had been taken back to the beach house to get some supplies and some sleep if Diana could manage to convince them of it, and Rose was determined not to leave Ryo alone while they were gone.
 
Rose winced slightly. Diana. She had been stabbed when Franklin and Martin entered the small house she and Drake had been sharing. It had been the only way they could convince Drake to make the phone call, and even then they had had to beat him into it. She was alright now, but she was moving slow and looked guilty whenever she saw Dee or Bikky. Drake could barely bring himself to be in the same building with them.
 
Ryo sighed in his sleep and his head turned a little so that Rose was looking directly into the pale face. He studied every line and feature, memorized every dip and swell, stared heavily at two enticing lips. Then he closed his eyes and leaned back in his seat. He realized that he was in love with Ryo MacLean, not just passion or lust, but god's honest love. He loved the detective's gentle nature and steely strength, his dark eyes and soothing voice, his light touch and pale skin. He loved Ryo, but it didn't matter.
 
Enough was enough. If he wanted to be a part of Ryo's life, a part that could matter, his love would have to change. This could be no lover's completing love, no lust filled conquest, this would have to be something else, something purer, something chaste. He would learn to love Ryo like a brother. More than that, like a brother who could come to love him in the same way.
 
Ryo already knew about Rose's tastes and while he got annoyed when Rose turned his attentions upon him, Ryo had still remained civil and even caring. Rose grimaced as he thought of all the stupid things he had done in his pursuit of Ryo MacLean and he shook his head. That was all over, as of this moment Ryo was his new brother, and that was all there was to it.
 
He leaned forward and gently kissed Ryo's forehead before his hand slid through the bed railing and lightly held one of Ryo's hands. Ryo gripped it loosely but didn't awaken and Rose closed his eyes again. A brother, a friend eventually, someone that maybe he could count on. He smiled softly then as his thoughts grew melancholy and he chuckled a little as he shifted in the chair.
 
“What are you laughing about sir?” Ryo murmured.
 
“Ryo?” Rose leaned closer. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you.”
 
Ryo smiled at him, his eyes half-lidded and drugged as he stared at Rose.
 
“That's alright. Did you finally convince Dee to take Bikky out of here for a while?”
 
“Yes,” Rose smiled again. “It took a lot of yelling and threatening, but I kicked them out until tomorrow. Is that okay?”
 
Ryo nodded groggily. “That's good. They need to rest, and I can use the peace and quiet too.”
 
Rose chuckled again and Ryo's eyes locked back with his.
 
“What were you laughing about?”
 
“I was thinking how selfish I am,” Rose answered honestly. “Here you are, laying in the hospital with a gunshot wound, and I'm sitting here, perfectly healthy, feeling sorry for myself.”
 
“I see,” Ryo said softly and forced his eyes to open again.
 
“You don't need to stay awake, Ryo,” Rose said. “You can sleep.”
 
Ryo smiled at him and sighed. “I don't think I have much choice. Are you going to stay?”
 
“Yes,” Rose answered.
 
“Good,” Ryo murmured and drifted back to sleep.
 
Rose felt a small contented smile drift across his face and a new warmth drifted through him. He'd be here when Ryo woke up, not as a boss or a pursuer, but as a brother, and he felt happier than he had in a long time.
 
 
“Man Dad,” Bikky moaned. “For a thin guy you're hard to push.”
 
Ryo scowled over his shoulder and Dee laughed as he gently brushed Bikky aside and took over control of the wheelchair.
 
“Come on freedom,” Ryo said as they neared the hospital doors.
 
“You better behave yourself and take your time healing or I'll bring you right back here,” Dee warned.
 
“I know, I know,” Ryo answered. “That's fine. I just want to go home.”
 
“Yeah,” Dee said slowly. “About that…Er, Bikky and I haven't really had time to do any cleaning, what with coming to see you and paperwork and school and all, so--”
 
Ryo sighed heavily and slumped a little in his chair.
 
“Great,” he groaned.
 
Bikky and Dee exchanged grins.
 
 
“Just how bad is it?” Ryo asked from his wheelchair as they hesitated outside of his apartment door.
 
“On a scale of one to ten,” Dee said. “What would you say Biks, an eight maybe?”
 
“Maybe seven point five,” Bikky said.
 
“Yeah, I'd go with that.”
 
Ryo's head drooped and he sighed again.
 
“Well, open the door and let me see the damage.”
 
“Okay, okay, but remember I tried to warn you that you'd be surprised,” Dee said as he opened the door.
 
“SURPRISE!”
 
Ryo all but jumped out of his chair. He grinned then as Dee wheeled him inside and an apartment full of friends all started talking at once. Ryo grabbed Dee's tie and pulled him down for a quick kiss, Ryo blushing darkly but not regretting that a mob of people had just seen him do it. Then he was swallowed up into the crowd.
 
Loud party chatter and music filled the apartment as the night wore on and Ryo laughed happily as he wheeled himself around. He showed off his thick bandaging and shrugged when people asked him if it hurt.
 
“I got shot,” he said. “It wasn't exactly pleasant.”
 
Carol brought him some cake and smiled warmly as she kissed the top of his head.
 
“Thanks for sticking around Ryo,” she said softly. “We all still need you.”
 
Ryo smiled back and he felt Bikky's hand rest gently on his shoulder.
 
“She's right Dad,” Bikky said. “You better plan on being here for a while. I don't know what the moron would do without you.”
 
“Bikky doesn't know what he'd do without you either,” Carol said as she lightly smacked Bikky's arm. “Be nice. He's been nice to you.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.”
 
JJ managed to keep himself in check, and as always Dee was pleasantly surprised by how interesting the sharpshooter could be. They chatted happily, and Dee even managed to be civil when Rose showed up.
 
“Ryo,” Diana said softly. “I'm so glad to see you.”
 
He smiled at her and pecked her cheek as she knelt down, still a little ginger herself. She leaned forward and whispered in his ear and Ryo grinned again.
 
“Congratulations,” he said. “Are you announcing it?”
 
“This isn't really the time,” she said with a blush.
 
“Are you kidding? I'm tired. This might get these people out of my house and down to a bar with you. Hey! Diana and Drake eloped last night!”
 
More yells of congratulations and cheers as another round of drinks was poured. Dee slung an arm around Drake's neck and shook his head.
 
“You've gone and done it now,” Dee laughed.
 
“Yeah,” Drake smiled at Diana. “Gone and done it.”
 
“Did she give up on her big wedding dreams?”
 
“Well, no, it wasn't really that,” Drake paused and then sighed. “What happened, with Ryo, it kind of, well I'm really sorry about it, you know? But I couldn't not pick her, I couldn't let them hurt her again and I, well, it was just, I guess she felt the same way. So we did it.”
 
“How succinct,” Rose said flatly. “Take good care of her Parker or they won't find enough to identify you.”
 
Drake's eyes widened under the icy stare and he swallowed hard as he nodded. Dee laughed again and slapped him on the back.
 
“Congratulations man,” Dee said. “Good luck!”
 
Dee's eyes strayed around the room and then landed on Ryo. His Ryo. Dee chuckled quietly; his Ryo was starting to look pretty worn. Dee pulled free from Drake and clapped his hands loudly.
 
“Alright people, enough is enough! Get the hell out!”
 
There were a few groans and some yells, but laughter mostly drowned it out as the apartment began to empty. Dee played the good host and said goodbye as politely as he could, but kept the mob moving out. Ryo smiled gratefully at him as the door finally shut and the locks slid in place. Dee sighed and plopped down on the couch, Bikky quickly joining him.
 
“Welcome home Ryo,” Dee said finally.
 
“Thanks,” Ryo said. “Glad to be here.”
 
 
Ryo smiled as he lay down in his own bed, his body happily sliding between the cool sheets. Dee wheeled the chair a little closer, frowning at the contraption as he struggled to lock the brakes into place. He changed into his sweats then and climbed into the bed, gingerly wrapping himself around Ryo.
 
Ryo sighed with contentment and raised one of Dee's hands to his lips.
 
“You scared the shit out of me,” Ryo said softly.
 
“I scared you?” Dee said. “Hold on here, who got shot?”
 
“That's not what I meant,” Ryo said. “Before that, in the station. When you were talking about Jess.”
 
Dee blinked and frowned. “You're worried about that?”
 
Ryo turned so his dark eyes burned into Dee's and Dee sighed.
 
“Alright,” Dee admitted. “Yeah, that scared me too. Why are you thinking about that?”
 
“Because I was thinking that maybe it's time to finalize Bikky's adoption, and if something happens to me, I want him to stay with you.”
 
Dee smiled slightly and then closed his eyes.
 
“What does Biks think of all this?”
 
“He's excited,” Ryo said. “He agreed that you're the best choice, but he also informed me that he's not going to stop calling you names.”
 
Dee snorted laughter and leaned forward to kiss Ryo's cheek.
 
“I'd be honored,” he said. “But I don't ever want to actually get him. You are here by forbidden to ever make me think you're dead again.”
 
Ryo laughed but Dee's eyes remained serious and steady. Ryo lightly caressed his cheek and Dee gave him a faint smile.
 
“When Martin said that he'd…that you were…I couldn't even think straight. All I could think about was how much I love you and how much I didn't want to lose you,” Dee's voice faltered. “I could have killed him, Ryo, I had my gun against his head, but I didn't. I couldn't avenge you.”
 
“Dee…”
 
“No,” Dee shook his head. “Let me finish. I couldn't because I thought about Bikky and how much he'd need me and if I became a killer, I couldn't take care of him like he'd need me to. So I did the right thing, for you, Ryo. It didn't matter how much it hurt, I had to do it for you. I couldn't get your voice out of my head, and I kept thinking that I'd give anything to hear you say it one more time.”
 
Dee licked his lips and stared at Ryo, his eyes expectant now. Ryo smiled and his touch became firmer as he cradled Dee's face.
 
“I love you, more than anything,” Ryo said softly. “I will love you forever, and I will never leave you.”
 
Dee laughed happily and leaned forward to kiss Ryo, their lips pressing lightly together before Dee pulled away.
 
“That was even better than I'd imagined it.”
 
 
Martin MacLean sat cockily sure in the prison's interrogation room as he waited for his lawyer to come back in. He had information, information about where wanted fugitive Franklin MacLean was hiding and about a few of his business transactions as well. He was going to end up with a slap on the wrists, and he couldn't help but chuckle at that.
 
The door cracked open and the smile faded as Ryo was carefully rolled forward, Dee's hands guiding him steady as Rose trailed after them.
 
“You…” Martin breathed.
 
Ryo stared at him coldly and then shook back some of his hair.
 
“The next time you shoot someone Martin, make sure you check their pulse before you throw them overboard,” Ryo said harshly. “Incompetent.”
 
Martin flinched and Ryo's eyes continued to pierce him.
 
“I'm here to tell you that we're through. You're done, here and now. I've told them everything, they know what happened to Franklin MacLean and you're going down for the attempted murder of two New York police officers. If you ever get out of jail, for any reason, don't come after me,” Ryo said coolly. “You won't like the consequences. Are you clear on all this?”
 
Martin nodded numbly and Dee's eyes flashed at him.
 
“I'm going to make it my mission in life for you to regret the fact that I didn't shoot you,” Dee said softly and then grinned. “You're about to do the hardest time there is.”
 
“Gentlemen,” Rose said. “The guard is signaling. Mr. MacLean's lawyer is on his way. I think we should leave.”
 
Dee wheeled Ryo back out into the hall and Rose's eyes glinted in icily.
 
“Watch your back, Martin,” Rose said softly. “If you touch them, and I will know if it's you, I will personally see that you never walk again.”