Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act VIII, A Shot of Something Good ❯ The Kiss ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh, I don't own FAKE and I have included some citrus in these stories. If you don't like yaoi, then don't read this. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!
 
LATER IN DEE AND RYO'S RELATIONSHIP
 
“One more week of these early shifts and I'm quitting,” Dee grumbled as they sat in the small restaurant, Ryo glancing up with a short laugh.
“Well you'll be relieved to know that we switch back to the night shift next week.”
Dee groaned and shook his head before he leaned against the table and stared at Ryo. His partner was thumbing through the newspaper as they waited for their order to arrive, the dark framed glasses in place as he read the articles. It was nice being with Ryo like this, just sitting with him, just being close to him. Ryo always made him feel happy and loved, and his smile grew a little more as Ryo sipped his coffee. God the man was hot.
Ryo handed Dee the front page and Dee flipped it open.
“Oh look, murder and corruption,” Dee said wryly. “I love this city.”
“And it loves you too,” Ryo murmured.
Dee chuckled and subtly watched Ryo over the top of his paper. He loved Ryo, and it was more than just the man's face and body that made him so beautiful. It was his soul. It was like Ryo wore it cloaked around him, and anyone who came close could feel it. Dee smiled in contemplation; perhaps that was why he was so protective of his Ryo. He didn't like people who took advantage of that wonderful soul.
Ryo reached for his coffee again, stealing a glance at Dee as he did. Dee's gorgeous green eyes were locked on the paper, his unruly hair hanging loose around his face. Ryo's mouth curved with a bare smile as he returned to the article he was reading. He loved being with Dee like this, it was great just being with him, of course he had known that long before they had ever really gotten together.
He watched from the corner of his eye as Dee drummed his fingers on the table and then traced them around the top of his coffee cup, his mouth forming a slight frown. Ryo chuckled; Dee wanted a cigarette.
“Addict,” he said flatly.
Dee grunted in answer and shrugged.
“I like cigarettes.”
“We could have sat in the smoking section,” Ryo offered.
“No,” Dee sighed dramatically. “I'm trying to cut back.”
Another short laugh escaped Ryo and Dee chuckled with him. His fingers drummed on the table again and he rolled his knife back and forth.
“Where in the hell is our food?”
“Don't know,” Ryo answered, still staring at the paper. “They're busy this morning.”
“Maybe we should find a new place.”
“Discount,” Ryo said and turned the page.
“Cheapskate.”
“Jackass.”
Dee grinned and took a long drink of coffee. He watched Ryo's dark eyes drift across the words, his expression neutral as he read.
“What are we doing tonight?” Dee asked suddenly.
“Bikky's basketball game,” Ryo said. “It starts at six.”
“I'll bet the little punk expects us to take him out to dinner afterwards too.”
“Probably,” Ryo laughed.
Their food arrived and both folded up the paper and thanked the waitress. Ryo cut a bite free from his omelet, his mouth dropping open as the fork lifted and his cell phone buzzed. He sighed heavily and the fork clattered against the plate as he irritably dropped it. Dee stared at him with a sympathetic frown as Ryo answered.
“Detective MacLean here…yes…when? …Alright, I'm on my way.”
He sighed again and gave Dee an apologetic look.
“I'll meet up with you at the station,” he said as he stood and pulled on his jacket. “I've got to go and meet with Drake and the city prosecutor about a bust. Apparently the lawyers have found a new loophole.”
“Damn blood suckers,” Dee said and sipped his coffee.
Ryo leaned across the table and lightly kissed Dee.
“See you later.”
“Bye,” Dee answered.
Ryo was half-way out the door before he realized what he had done.
Oh…
He had just kissed Dee in a busy restaurant right in the middle of the breakfast rush. A dark blush fanned across his cheeks as he stepped out onto the street.
Oh…
It had just been natural. He had wanted to kiss Dee, so he had. That's all there was to it. The blush did not fade.
Dee was signing the check when his hand suddenly froze and he grinned widely, his eyes sparking with happiness. He chuckled and added a little extra to the waitress's tip and then scooped up his jacket. He was whistling as he left.
They had kissed countless times. Long slow exploring kisses, soft light pecks, chaste meetings of tongues and lips, and pounding soul devouring kisses. But that kiss held something special, something different from all the others, and both were amazed by the warmth and power in something so small and right.
 
So cute!