Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act VIII, A Shot of Something Good ❯ An Old Friend... ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh, I don't own FAKE and I have included some citrus in these stories. If you don't like yaoi, then don't read this. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!
 
STILL SET IN FAKE IN LOVE…
 
“Where are they?” Ryo muttered as he glanced around the small coffee shop.
He drummed his fingers on the table and looked down at his watch for probably the hundredth time. It was for this very reason that he so rarely allowed Dee and Bikky to meet him anywhere; neither one seemed able to make it on time when they were together. He sighed as he imagined the argument that was probably taking place at that very moment.
“Randy?” a woman's voice said with surprise. “Randy MacLean?”
Ryo looked up as a tall brunette stared down at him and he gave her a small smile.
“Yes?”
“You don't recognize me, do you?” she said with a laugh.
“Er, no, I'm sorry, I don't.”
“It's Becca, Becca Smith, from high school.”
“Oh,” recognition dawned in Ryo's eyes and he stared at her openly. “You look great!”
“So do you,” she said sweetly and sat down in one of the open chairs next to him, her eyes darting to his hands for a moment; no wedding ring. “What are you doing in New York?”
“I'm a detective here,” Ryo said. “I work down at the 27th Precinct in Criminal Investigations.”
“So you did it, huh? You know, we were all really surprised when you gave up that scholarship so you could go to the police academy. Everyone expected you to get some high powered job or become famous somehow or other, but after what happened to your parents…”
Her voice cut off and embarrassment flashed in her eyes.
“Oh Randy, I'm sorry. That didn't come out right at all.”
“It's okay,” Ryo said and flashed her his warm smile. “That is why I chose to become a cop after all. Don't worry about it.”
“I guess it all worked out in the end, huh?”
“Yeah,” Ryo said with a smaller pleased smile as he thought of Dee and Bikky. “I guess so. What have you been up to?”
“You're talking to one busy lady, Randy. I'm a district manager for Titan's.”
“The clothing store?” Ryo said. “Wow, impressive.”
“Thanks. So, on other fronts, how are things going? Wife, girlfriend?”
“Well…”
“Dad!”
Bikky barreled up to the table and pointed back at Dee with an angry scowl.
“He hit me!”
Ryo blinked and glanced up at Dee. Dee stared blankly back and shrugged.
“The monkey bitch deserved it.”
“What did you just call me you demented pervert?”
“We're in public,” Ryo said with a shaky laugh. “Here, Bikky, meet Becca Smith, she and I went to high school together.”
Bikky turned and stared at the woman for a moment before he took his hat off and held out his hand.
“Pleased to meet you,” he said.
She smiled at him as she shook his hand and then beamed at Ryo.
“He's your son?”
“Yes,” Ryo answered with his own smile.
“He looks just like you.”
Bikky and Ryo exchanged a surprised glance and then Bikky frowned.
“You really think so?”
Becca smiled at him again.
“Yes. And I'm sure you'll grow up to be just as handsome as your dad.”
Bikky blushed darkly and Dee burst out laughing.
“Now they look alike.”
“Shut up you freak!” Bikky yelled.
“Mind your manners little boy or we'll send you home for the night,” Dee said with a playful grin. “Go get me a coffee, and get yourself something without too much sugar in it.”
Bikky made a face at him but took the money Dee held out and weaved his way to the counter.
“Becca, this is Dee Laytner, Dee this is Becca.”
“Nice to meet you,” Dee said and sat down next to Ryo, his arm sliding out to rest on the back of Ryo's chair as the other hand fished in his pocket and handed Ryo a notepad. “You forgot this at home Ryo.”
“Damn, I've been looking for that all day. Where was it?”
“Dresser.”
Ryo frowned and stared at the notebook. Suddenly he blushed as he figured out how it had gotten there. They had been a little wild the night before.
“Oh,” he said simply.
Dee chuckled and his eyes slid back to Becca.
“So you two went to school together?”
“Yes,” Becca said and sighed dramatically. “Randy broke my heart.”
“Becca,” Ryo said as he shook his head.
“It's true,” she said firmly. “I was head over heels for you, half the girls in the school were and you barely paid any attention to us. I wasted six years of my life just being friends with you.”
Dee laughed and Ryo scratched at the back of his head.
“So, how long are you in town for?” Ryo asked.
“I'm actually on my way out right now,” she said. “I just stopped in for some coffee for the road.”
“Damn,” Dee said. “You got any stories you can tell fast?”
Becca laughed and Ryo flashed Dee an annoyed glance that quickly faded to a light smile.
“Well, there was this one time…”
Her cell phone blared and she groaned as she answered.
“I'm on my way right now,” she said. “Good God. Just give me five minutes.”
She clicked the phone closed and gave them an apologetic smile.
“Well, it was nice to see you again Randy,” she handed him a business card. “Give me a call. Maybe we can go for drinks the next time I'm in town.”
“Sounds good,” Ryo said with a smile.
“Nice to have met you Dee, and say goodbye to your son for me. See you soon!”
Ryo waved as she left and Dee shook his head.
“So, she seems nice.”
“She always was,” Ryo said. “We were really good friends but I…”
“Let me guess,” Dee said with an exaggerated sigh. “You had no idea that she wanted to be more than just friends.”
“Well I didn't.”
“That's because you're completely clueless,” Dee said.
“Thanks.”
Dee chuckled and sniffed Ryo's coffee.
“Is this decaf?”
“No.”
“Good,” he stole a drink and sighed. “So did you have any serious flames in school?”
“Huh? Well, no, not really,” Ryo shrugged. “I dated some, but things never really got that involved. You know me, it takes me a long time to make up my mind about things like that.”
He gave Dee a quick wink and brushed his fingers across the back of Dee's hand.
“And not everyone is as patient as you were.”
“Damn straight,” Dee said happily.
They were silent for a moment and Dee glanced over at Ryo.
“Did I ever tell you?”
“Tell me what?” Ryo asked.
“You were worth waiting for.”
 
Dee's going to score tonight, chicka-chicka-bow-wow…More sap. Sorry.