Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XIII, Another Round ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Still not Sanami Matoh and not making any money off this.
 
SET DIRECTLY AFTER THE LAST STORY.
 
Dee awoke slowly, a pleasant warmth pressed to him, something wonderfully charged in the air. Sunlight was filtering through Ryo's thick blinds, the sounds of the city distantly echoing to him. Dee glanced around the room, groggily trying to get his bearings. It always took him a few minutes to really figure out where he was when he stayed with Ryo, but it was certainly worth it. There was a small sigh next to him and Dee frowned and then glanced down.
Ryo was stretched out next to him, his head pillowed on Dee's shoulder, one arm thrown across Dee's chest. His hair was limp and tousled, and his face was softly relaxed as he slept. Dee blinked in surprise, now completely alert as he watched Ryo sleep.
What the…
Suddenly the night before flooded through him and a small smile slid across his lips. He pressed his face to Ryo's hair and breathed him in, his arm wrapped loosely around Ryo, palm resting at his bare waist. Dee caressed his thumb across the long line of Ryo's spine and smiled again.
He could get used to waking up like this.
Ryo shifted a little, his head sliding onto Dee's chest, resting lightly as he continued to sleep. I wonder if he can hear my heartbeat in his dreams. Dee smiled again. That was strangely poetic for this early in the morning. His eyes slid over Ryo's face, tracing over every well-known line and soft feature. God he loved this man. Ryo fit so perfectly next to him, his smooth pale skin resting warm and safe against Dee, his breath a gentle puff.
He could have missed all this.
Dee sighed and his hand slid up Ryo's back to gently brush through his hair as Dee planted a kiss on the top of Ryo's head. There had certainly been times when he had been so sure that Ryo was just going to tell him to go to hell, or worse, forever stare at him with that hurt confused look on his face. Dee hated that look, which was strange because he loved everything about Ryo. Dee sighed again and closed his eyes.
Yes, he hated it when Ryo looked like that, that confused pain that filled his eyes and seemed to tense everything within him. Dee couldn't understand how someone could look like that and remain so silent. Ryo would just stare at him through those dark eyes, so hesitant and uncertain, and Dee would find himself pulling away. At the same time he felt everything in him longing to wrap Ryo up in his arms and push all that pain away.
Dee's eyes opened and slid back to Ryo's dreaming face. He'd never have to see that look again. Ryo had chosen. Dee smiled; Ryo had chosen him. Ryo wanted him. Ryo loved him. Ryo had chosen him.
I love him so much.
Dee let the silence wash over him. It was nice to just lay there with Ryo in his arms, he felt completely at peace. Well…not completely.
He felt a distant tingling running up and down his skin. He couldn't believe he was holding Ryo like this, it was just…unbelievable. He wanted to run his hands up and down Ryo's body and prove that it was real. He wanted to press his lips to Ryo's, to wake him with a deep `I love you' so Ryo would answer it back, he wanted to wrap his whole body around Ryo and never let go, he wanted to scream to the world that it had finally happened. He wanted so many things, but he just remained still, Ryo's head resting wonderfully warm over his racing heart.
Ryo sighed and shifted again, his arm tightening around Dee as he curled up closer. Dee tugged the blanket a little higher around Ryo and then pressed his hand back to Ryo's waist. Ryo murmured softly but still didn't wake, his breath tickling across Dee's skin. Ryo looked absolutely innocent in his sleep Dee decided, and then he had to bite back on a small chuckle; when didn't Ryo look innocent? Those smooth features, that light blush that sprinkled across his cheeks so easily, those wide dark eyes; he just looked beautifully innocent. Dee stared at Ryo's face and the small smile returned.
Of course, there were times when that innocence just washed away. His mind flashed up wonderful images of Ryo arching up into his hold, his head thrown back, those dark eyes clenched shut as his mouth slid open. Dee blinked quickly and swallowed the lump that was currently threatening to reside in his throat forever.
He could certainly get used to that too.
Man Ryo was sleeping hard this morning, of course Ryo had always been a heavy sleeper. It was just a little odd that he was sleeping this late. The man was a habitual early riser. He should have been up, showered, jogged, dressed, and half-way through his second cup of coffee by now. I must have really worn him out. Well, they didn't have to work today, and Dee had no complaints about staying like this as long as Ryo wanted to.
Dee stretched a little, careful not to move too much and risk waking Ryo. His body felt a little sore this morning, but it was a soreness that touched all the very best spots. He felt so wonderfully sated, and…well…no point in lying, he was ready to do it all again. That deep urge to wake Ryo up rippled through him again and Dee closed his eyes. No, no, no…
He thought backwards, remembering when he had first met Ryo, when they had first kissed, when Ryo had first smiled at him. He smiled and brushed his hand down Ryo's back. This felt good, and he wouldn't trade a second of the time that had passed between them. Dee's eyes opened again. They had made it, they were finally there.
He felt a sudden shiver of anticipation ripple up through him and he wondered what would happen when they went to work tomorrow. He could just see it, Drake and JJ and Ted all standing around, talking boredly. Dee would say good morning, intent on keeping private matters private, and they'd start to tell him about the latest case that had the precinct bitching and then…
Ryo loves me.
The words would burst out of him with a stupid grin that he wouldn't be able to wipe off his face ever again. He could feel it curling his mouth even now. Dee frowned then. No, that was probably a bad idea. He could almost feel the dark embarrassed glare Ryo would give him and the cold shoulder he'd have to suffer through for God only knew how long. Jesus Christ, the man had kept him waiting two years, who knew how long his anger could fuel him to hold out for.
He'd have to rethink that plan.
Dee smiled again. There was one person he could tell. Mother would be thrilled for him. Dee suspected that the Penguin had already guessed how much Dee loved Ryo, and she'd celebrate with him that Ryo had finally said he loved Dee as well. He couldn't wait, he'd go today. Ryo sighed against his skin and Dee glanced down again.
He'd go later.
He planned to spend as much of the day as he could just holding Ryo, being close to him…basking in him as it were. Dee chuckled again, the sound soft and shaking through his body. He couldn't help himself, he felt absolutely giddy this morning. Ryo loved him, him and only him. He couldn't remember the last time he had been so happy.
Ryo stretched suddenly, and his head lifted, his eyes blinking slowly open. Dee smiled at him and pressed his hand against Ryo's waist again.
“Good morning,” he said softly.
Ryo looked up at him and that sexy blush rippled out across his cheeks.
“G-good morning,” Ryo answered.
Dee chuckled and leaned forward to press another kiss to the top of Ryo's head. Ryo blinked and his head dropped back against Dee's chest, completely content pressed so close to Dee. He sighed and Dee shifted onto his side and wrapped his other arm around Ryo.
Dee held him close and kissed Ryo's soft hair again. “I love you.”
Ryo smiled, despite the darkening blush. “I love you too.”
“Good,” Dee said and his smile widened. “Can I stay for breakfast?”
“Yes,” Ryo said and then his head lifted and he smiled shyly at Dee. “Lunch too if you want.”
Dee grinned. “But what will we do to pass the time until then?”
Ryo stared at him and then suddenly blushed again.
“You have a one track mind.”
“Only when it comes to you,” Dee answered and his arms tightened around Ryo. “Let's stay like this for a while.”
Ryo's blush darkened, but his arms slid around Dee and held him, Dee's heart pounding in his chest suddenly. God this felt good. Dee's eyes slid closed and he pressed his face back to Ryo's hair, breathing in his warm inviting scent. He had always loved being close to Ryo, but knowing that Ryo wanted to be close to him too was better than any dream he had ever had.
Ryo could feel Dee's heartbeat pressing lightly against him, his skin warm and soft and wonderfully close. He liked this…no, correction, he loved this. He loved Dee holding him like this, and he loved holding onto Dee. He wouldn't mind if they stayed like this all day. It felt good to be this close to someone.
“God this feels good,” Dee whispered.
Ryo blinked in surprise and then smiled again. Why should he be surprised? Dee had been reading his mind basically from the beginning, why would it stop now?
“Yes,” Ryo answered. “It does.”
Dee's arms tightened and he smiled, his lips brushing through Ryo's hair. They were silent a moment longer and then Dee laughed, his head leaning back and Ryo's tilting to stare quizzically up at him.
“I'm sorry,” Dee said as he shook his head slightly. “I feel like I should say something, but I don't know what to say and I still can't believe this is happening and God…”
He shook his head and Ryo chuckled quietly.
“It's really happening,” Ryo said softly. “I'm really here. I love you and I'm not going anywhere.”
“You always know just what to say,” Dee murmured and leaned down for a long slow kiss.
Ryo's kiss was still soft, hesitant, but so giving and warm. Dee brushed his tongue across Ryo's lips and then slid inside, Ryo now giving way, his tongue stroking over Dee's. It grew deeper, hotter, and Dee felt his head spin as Ryo sucked at his tongue lightly and pressed their lips hard together. Dee clung to Ryo, everything in him reveling in Ryo's wonderful taste and mind-blowing kiss. They pulled apart slowly and Ryo slumped against Dee, a long pleasant shiver running down his spine.
Dee's fingers traced up and down Ryo's neck, lightly petting as both drifted through a deep fog.
“Can I stay over tonight?” Dee asked suddenly.
Ryo couldn't help but laugh. “Now you're going to start asking? You're not just going to invite yourself over?”
Dee grinned at him. “I had to do something. If I waited for you to ask, I'd still be sitting at home.”
“That's true,” Ryo admitted, and then his voice became serious. “Bikky comes home this afternoon.”
Dee froze. Now what? Was Ryo going to tell him not to say anything to the boy? Was Ryo going to ask him to keep this a secret? Dee frowned, waiting, a deep dread filling his stomach.
“Can you give me some time with him, so I can tell him, you know, about us?”
Ryo was blushing again and Dee grinned.
“As much time as you want,” Dee assured him.
Ryo nodded and pressed himself back against Dee. He felt a little nervous, hell, he felt scared. How was Bikky going to take this? He knew that Bikky didn't hate Dee, regardless of what he may say, but still, it was going to be hard to tell him. Ryo's eyes closed, and Bikky wasn't the only one. He'd still have to tell Elena, but he could probably wait on that one, at least a couple of days. He sighed. And what about work?
“Do you want to tell anyone at work?” Dee asked hesitantly.
Ryo could feel the shifting tensions that ran through his lover's body. He knew that Dee would happily yell the news from every rooftop. Ryo sighed and his arms tightened around Dee.
“We're going to have to,” he murmured, his forehead resting back against Dee's chest. “But I…”
Ryo's eyes closed and he shook his head.
“I don't know how.”
“Well, a big wet kiss in the middle of the common room would probably answer all questions.”
Ryo smacked Dee's back and Dee laughed. He could feel the heat running through Ryo's face and he gently ran his hand through Ryo's hair.
“Don't worry,” he whispered softly. “You've got me. I'll still love you, no matter what anyone says.”
Ryo smiled and his palm ran soothingly up and down the skin he had just hit.
“I'll love you too,” he breathed.
“Well,” Dee said. “I say screw `em. We work with detectives, let them figure it out on their own. It's none of their business anyway. And it's not like anything's going to change at work, I mean, hell I'm not going to start groping you in the office.”
Dee paused slightly.
“Well, no more than before anyway.”
Ryo laughed and relaxed in Dee's arms. He knew what Dee was doing, he was trying to answer all the questions that were spinning through Ryo's head. Ryo smiled; Dee was doing a good job so far. He sighed and leaned into Dee's hold, enjoying the way Dee's arms shifted to hold him tighter and the warm scent of his skin.
“I love you Dee,” Ryo murmured quietly.
His eyes felt heavy, and his body was still sore and groggy feeling. He had had enough talking for now, he wanted to sleep again.
“I love you too,” Dee answered with a pleased smile.
He felt Ryo's breathing shift and deepen against his skin, and his palm slid back down over Ryo's back. Every muscle was loosening and relaxing into Dee, pressing into him for warmth and comfort. Dee smiled happily and closed his eyes.
He could definitely get used to this.
 
Dee whistled as he strolled down the street, his hands tucked in his pockets. He had spent the day with Ryo, most of it just dozing in bed, which had been followed by a wonderful hot shower (the only complaint there was that he showered alone), and a long leisurely lunch. They had talked, and it hadn't been awkward or weird, it had felt comfortable, familiar, and Dee was glad that things hadn't been ruined between them. Yes, yes, the sex was good, hell, the sex was fan-fucking-tastic, but he didn't just want Ryo for that. He loved Ryo, all of him, and a part of him had still been worried that somehow things would be irrevocably broken.
Dee kept whistling. He couldn't stop whistling because whenever he did that dopey grin stretched out across his lips and he knew he looked like a demented freak. God help him if Bikky ever spotted that look. He chuckled quietly and climbed the orphanage steps.
The building was quiet now, most of the kids were in school and a few had gone on the same camping trip that Bikky had. The brat would be home that day, and Dee wondered exactly what Ryo would say to him. For an instant a dart of terror ripped through him. What if Bikky said no? What if Bikky wouldn't accept it? Would Ryo end things? Would Ryo throw him aside for Bikky?
Dee sighed and shook his head. First of all, Ryo wasn't a coward and he'd stand up to Bikky one way or the other; he was a parent after all for God's sake, not a moron. It would be hard for Ryo, just to say the words, but he knew that Bikky always had Ryo's best interests at heart, the brat had proved that over and over. It would work out, Dee told himself as he opened the orphanage door. Goddammit, he had waited two years, it had better work out.
“Penguin?” he called. “Where are you?”
“Dee Laytner.”
The woman more materialized in the entryway then entered and Dee stepped back in surprise before she grabbed his cheek and yanked his face down to her level.
“What have I told you about that name?”
“That you think it's adorable and you wish I'd use it more often?”
“You're impossible,” she said tiredly and then her head cocked to one side. “What happened?”
That stupid grin is back.
He felt it pulling at his lips as she released him.
“Well…” he started and then laughed.
Mother shook her head, a small smile on her face.
“He finally realized it, didn't he?” she said.
Dee's grin grew and he nodded.
“Yeah.”
“Good,” Mother Maria said warmly and then her eyes flashed and she grabbed Dee's cheek again, pinching almost painfully this time as she wrenched him back down to eye-level. “You better be good to him.”
“Ouch! Jesus, Penguin! Let go!”
“Did you hear me Dee Laytner? You treat that boy right or a pinched cheek will be the least of your worries.”
“I heard you, I heard you!” Dee bellowed. “Now let go!”
She released him and Dee gave her a pouting scowl as he rubbed his cheek. She chuckled quietly and patted his arm.
“Come on, I'll fix us some tea and you can tell me all about it.”
She paused then and smiled up at him.
“I'm happy for you. I really believe he loves you.”
Dee stared down at her for a moment and then smiled back.
“Yeah, I think so too.”
 
Bikky flung the apartment door open.
“I'm home!” he shouted, shedding his bag and shoes as he entered, his coat and hat soon following. “Ryo? What's for dinner?”
Bikky headed towards his room and then paused, a small frown on his face. Ryo hadn't answered.
“Ryo?”
Bikky poked his head into the kitchen and spotted Ryo sitting at the small table in one corner, his eyes distant and a glass of water resting in one hand.
“Ryo?” Bikky called hesitantly.
Ryo jumped a little and smiled shakily at Bikky.
“Sorry, hi Bikky. You're home,” his eyes slid to the clock and he laughed nervously. “On time. I didn't realize it was that late.”
“Yeah,” Bikky said slowly. “So what's for dinner?”
“Huh? Oh, right. Uh, let's just order something. What do you want?”
Bikky frowned suspiciously. This was weird. Ryo almost never wanted to order something, especially not on a weeknight. Take-out was for weekends, for some weird reason that Ryo could never really explain.
“Pizza's fine,” Bikky said finally.
“Okay,” Ryo said, smiling brightly. “The usual okay?”
“Sure,” Bikky said. “You okay Ryo?”
“Huh? Fine,” Ryo answered.
“Alright,” Bikky answered. “I'm going to watch some TV.”
“Sure,” Ryo said distantly. “That sounds good. I'll place the order.”
Bikky stared at him for a moment longer and Ryo smiled back. Bikky more backed out of the kitchen then simply left. Something was going on. He could feel it. Something was wrong here.
Bikky stared at the television and wondered what had Ryo acting so weird. Suddenly Bikky sat up straight. What if he was about to get kicked out? Maybe that was why Ryo was letting him have pizza in the middle of the week and acting all quiet and distracted. Bikky frowned and glared at the TV. No, that couldn't be it. Ryo wouldn't just up and do that, and he hadn't really done anything that would warrant being thrown out. At least, not that Ryo knew of anyway. So what else was it?
Bikky sighed. The only other thing he could think of was the doofus. The idiot was the only person that Bikky knew of who could have such a big impact on Ryo's mood. So what had the moron done now? Bikky sighed again. Probably something stupid.
The doorbell rang and Bikky wondered for a moment if he'd need to go and rattle Ryo again so the detective could pay the poor pizza guy, but Ryo's padding steps sounded behind him an instant later. Ryo set the pizza down on the coffee table in front of Bikky and handed him a plate.
“Thanks,” Bikky said, staring at Ryo curiously now.
Ryo smiled dimly back and opened the pizza. They ate in silence for a moment and Bikky leaned back on the couch.
“So Ryo, a bunch of the guys are going to the court this weekend for a basketball tournament. Is it alright if I go?”
Silence answered him and Bikky glanced over with a slightly annoyed frown.
“Ryo?”
“Huh?” Ryo said as he looked at Bikky.
“Basketball, Saturday,” Bikky said. “Can I go?”
“Hmm?”
“Jeez Ryo, get it together.”
Ryo scowled slightly. “Is your homework done?”
Bikky relaxed a little. Okay, that was a Ryo question.
“It will be.”
“Then yes,” Ryo answered.
More silence as they each had another slice. Ryo sighed a couple of times, his brow furrowing as he stared at the TV. Bikky continued to observe him from the corner of his eye and a sliver of annoyance pricked through his brain. Jesus, whatever the hell was bothering Ryo…well he needed to get over it. Ryo sighed again.
Bikky threw his plate down.
“What?” he snapped.
Ryo blinked and stared at him in surprise.
“What is it?” Bikky asked loudly. “What is going on?”
Ryo's mouth dropped open and he stared at Bikky for a long minute. He sighed again and set his plate down with a bit more gentleness than Bikky had.
“Bikky,” Ryo said and then paused his mouth hanging open again.
Bikky stared at him, his irritation still pricked as he waited.
“Bikky,” Ryo said again. “Um…about Dee and I…we're…”
His voice faded and Ryo sighed heavily. He ran a hand through his hair and then laughed.
“Why is this so hard?” he said suddenly, a light laugh escaping him as a faint blush strayed across his cheeks.
Bikky stared at him and then his mouth suddenly dropped open.
“You're dating him, aren't you?” Bikky said.
Ryo's blush darkened. “Yes.”
Bikky slumped back into the couch and his mouth clicked shut. A long minute passed as Ryo nervously fidgeted and Bikky stared out into space. At last Bikky sighed and picked his plate up.
“Finally,” Bikky said. “Don't think I'm going to be any nicer to him now. I still think he's a big dork. Pull off that piece of pepperoni for me, please.”
Ryo stared at Bikky with surprise and then looked down at the pizza.
“Right.”
Bikky chewed thoughtfully at his food and then looked back up at Ryo.
“Hey, Ryo,” Bikky said hesitantly. “As long as you like him, it's okay with me. I mean it. He's…not a bad guy, and I just want you to be happy.”
Ryo nodded and smiled again, a real smile this time, one that went all the way up through his eyes.
“Thanks Bikky.”
Bikky stared at him and then whipped his eyes back to the TV.
“Yeah, whatever,” Bikky said boredly. “So when's he going to show up again, `cause if it's tonight, I need to know so I can finish this pizza off before he gets here.”
Ryo chuckled. “He'll be here in an hour.”
“Shit,” Bikky said. “Start eating.”
 
Dee paused outside of the apartment door. Should he knock? He never did before, not unless the door was locked. Should he start now? He frowned and shook his head as he grinned. Of course not. He whipped the door open and headed in, tossing a bag with a change of clothes and a few other things on the floor by the door.
“Hello! Hey, Ryo, where are you?”
“In here,” Ryo's voice answered and Dee strolled into the living room, his smile still in place.
Ryo was sitting on the couch, a book in his hand, Bikky sprawled across the floor at his feet, a videogame beeping into the room. Dee glanced curiously at Ryo and felt a rush pass through him. Ryo's eyes lit up when they met Dee's, he had never seen that before. Dee happily sat down next to Ryo.
“Hey brat,” Dee said and lightly kicked Bikky's shoulder. “How was camp?”
“It was three days without your sorry ass,” Bikky answered. “Now stop bugging me, I'm at a hard part.”
Dee grinned wickedly.
“Are ya? Are ya really?” he teased as he poked Bikky with his foot again.
Ryo threw his book across the couch.
“Leave him alone,” Ryo warned. “He's been playing for the last forty-five minutes to get this far.”
Dee chuckled and Bikky shot an annoyed scowl over his shoulder.
“He means shut up, dweeb,” Bikky said.
“There's pizza in the fridge if you're hungry,” Ryo said as he reached across Dee to retrieve his book.
Dee took advantage of the opportunity to kiss the back of Ryo's neck and earned himself a dark blush as Ryo sat back down. Dee chuckled and lightly draped his arm around Ryo's shoulders, his fingers brushing up and down Ryo's arm. For a second Ryo tensed, but then he leaned against Dee and opened his book again.
“What are you reading?” Dee asked.
“A book,” Ryo answered with a smile.
“Great,” Dee said flatly. “Two brats.”
Ryo chuckled.
“Shit!” Bikky yelled and threw the controller down.
He spun around and pointed a short finger at Dee.
“You're bad luck you dickhead!”
“Maybe you just have no skill you monkey spawn!” Dee answered.
“That's it!” Bikky yelled. “Tear yourself off Ryo and get over here so I can pound the shit out of you!”
“Bikky,” Ryo said. “Watch your mouth.”
“Sorry,” Bikky said and then turned back to Dee. “But you heard me anyway!”
Bikky leapt through the air and tackled Dee, Ryo pulling sharply away as Dee yelled and they collapsed onto the floor. They slammed into the coffee table and Ryo's voice suddenly echoed in the small room.
“That's it! Look what you did! You both had better clean this up!”
Dee and Bikky pulled apart and stared at the wine pouring out over the table and racing towards the carpet.
“Oh shit,” Dee grunted and whipped away from Bikky. “Grab some towels!”
Bikky sprinted to the bathroom and raced back with a couple of Ryo's `old' towels, which looked better than most of the new towels Dee used. They sopped up the wine as fast as they could and Dee sent a quick prayer upwards that Ryo had been sipping on white and not red.
“The two of you,” Ryo said as he shook his head. “Sometimes I just can't get over it.”
“Sorry,” Dee said.
“Yeah, sorry,” Bikky answered.
Ryo sighed. “I'll get the carpet cleaner.”
He headed into the kitchen and Bikky glanced over at Dee.
“You better be good to him,” Bikky said lowly. “Or else.”
Dee scowled. “Why does everyone keep saying that to me?”
“Hey, I mean it,” Bikky said, his voice still quiet. “He likes having you around, so don't do anything stupid.”
“I'll do my best,” Dee said sarcastically.
“You better mean that,” Bikky said. “As long as he's happy, it's okay with me.”
Dee smiled slightly; he figured that was about as close to a blessing as he'd get from the little punk.
“Thanks Biks.”
“Whatever,” Bikky snorted.
 
Ryo was a little nervous as he stepped out of the shower that night and pulled on his pajamas. What was going to happen now? What did Dee have in mind? What had he meant when he had asked to stay the night? The questions had been in the back of his head all day, but now they suddenly raced forward, all jabbering and pounding as he buttoned his shirt and toweled off his hair.
He opened the door slowly and peeked out, Dee stretched out in bed, a magazine held up over him as he boredly read. He didn't look like he was planning a night of passion. Ryo scowled slightly; it was a trick, the only time Dee didn't look like he was planning something was when his plan was about to unfold.
Ryo tossed his towel in the hamper and headed across the room, climbing into bed with a little lurch in his stomach. Yes, fine dammit, he could admit it, he liked sleeping with Dee. And he meant that in both the comfortable wrapped up in Dee actually SLEEPING sense of things and the other one that had nothing to do with waking up rested and refreshed. He just wasn't sure which one he wanted tonight. He fiddled with the blanket a little as he pulled it up over him, his eyes sliding up to the ceiling. There was a soft rustling next to him and then a dull click as Dee's reading light shut off.
Ryo tensed.
More rustling as the bed shifted and moved a little, then strong arms were wrapping around his waist as Dee burrowed close. He lightly kissed Ryo's neck, a small smile on his face as he held Ryo tightly.
“I love you,” Dee whispered.
“I love you too,” Ryo answered softly.
It surprised Ryo how easy it was to say the words now. It just came out so naturally now, it fit so perfectly with Dee. Ryo's eyes closed. So far, things were still up in the air, Dee could be headed in either direction with this. Dee's breath puffed against his neck as one hand petted across Ryo's waist.
“Today was good,” Dee murmured.
“Yeah,” Ryo answered with a smile. “It was.”
“Let's call in sick tomorrow and do it again,” Dee suggested.
Ryo laughed and shook his head.
“No, no, no, we have to work.”
“Sandra Dee.”
“I hate that nickname.”
Dee chuckled quietly and his arms tightened a little in a brief embrace.
“It suits you,” Dee whispered and kissed Ryo's neck again. “Sexy little Ryo.”
Ryo blushed wildly and cursed Dee for it. Okay, things were still up in the air and Ryo really wasn't sure which way he wanted it to go now. He was still sore, Bikky was there, and they had to work tomorrow. His eyes closed and his mouth thinned. But Dee felt so good…
Dee sighed suddenly and pressed his face closer to Ryo's neck.
“You feel so good,” he breathed and Ryo burst out laughing.
Dee pulled back with a little annoyance and Ryo smiled as he shook his head.
“Sorry,” he said, a few short chuckles still escaping him. “I…I was just thinking the same thing.”
Dee stared at him in the darkness and then smiled.
“That seems to happen to us a lot.”
“Yeah,” Ryo said and fidgeted with the blanket again. “Dee…about…tonight…”
Dee stared at him and then shook his head in mock annoyance.
“Ryo, you sex maniac, I want to sleep tonight. Quit pawing at me all the time, good God.”
Another burst of laughter escaped Ryo and Dee wrapped back up around him and pressed his face back to Ryo's neck.
“Good night Ryo,” Dee whispered.
“Good night,” Ryo answered. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”
 
“I swear to God I didn't say anything!” Dee said as Ryo slammed the office door behind them.
“With that stupid grin on your face you didn't have to!” Ryo snapped back with a vibrant blush.
Dee's hand slid up to his face and he cursed quietly. He tried to push it aside, but the dumb smile just wouldn't disappear. He shrugged finally and grinned at Ryo.
“I can't help it.”
Ryo grumbled quietly and dropped into his chair, irritably pulling out different files and filling them out. He was going to kill Dee. They had headed in to the break room for a cup of coffee before their shift started and there Ted and JJ had been, Drake lounging next to them. A weird smile had been breaking across Dee's lips all morning, but he had largely managed to keep himself in check. As Ryo poured himself a coffee, Dee suddenly failed miserably.
“What are you grinning about?” Drake asked.
“Nothing,” Dee answered, still smiling like a madman, but he was determined, he really wasn't going to say anything. “Can't a guy be happy without getting interrogated around here?”
“You're in a police station,” Ted said. “It's what we do.”
JJ stared intently at Dee and then his eyes slid to Ryo, narrowing suspiciously when he spotted the faint blush and irritated scowl. Suddenly JJ's eyes widened.
“Oh my God!” JJ yelled. “You didn't!”
Ryo suddenly felt like the proverbial deer caught in the proverbial headlights. Dee stared at JJ, willing him to burst into flames, willing anything to happen to shut the little psychopath up.
“Didn't what?” Ted asked curiously.
“They…they…”
JJ's finger was pointing wildly back and forth between them and Drake suddenly blinked, a dark blush fanning across his cheeks. Ted frowned and then his eyes shot open wide.
“Oh,” he muttered. “Oh…”
“Er, I've got some paperwork to do,” Drake said briskly and shot to his feet, quickly darting out of the room.
“Oh,” Ted said again and then shook his head. “Yeah…uh, me too.”
Dee glared darkly at JJ as Ryo nervously trailed out after them.
“Thanks JJ,” Dee snapped.
Ryo scowled at the paperwork spread in front of him. Dammit, he couldn't seem to focus on anything. He hated that, he just wanted to work, that's all. Why couldn't things have just been quiet for a couple of days so he could figure out the best way to let the news slip out. His head suddenly thumped down on the desk and Dee glanced over with surprise.
“You okay?” Dee asked hesitantly.
“Yes,” Ryo answered tiredly as he stared down at his shoes. “Sorry. It wasn't your fault.”
“That's alright,” Dee said. “It could have gone better.”
“Or worse,” Ryo muttered. “You think they'll be okay with it?”
Dee leaned back in his chair, thinking for a moment. He remembered the first time he had mentioned that he was bisexual in front of Drake. The man had looked vaguely concerned for a moment then had looked at Dee, completely serious, and informed Dee that he “wasn't his type.” Dee had roared with laughter and the story had become his favorite way of telling other people about his preferences.
Drake had become one of his best friends after that.
“Yeah,” Dee said, smiling slightly. “I'm sure they will.”
There was a hesitant knock at the door and Ryo closed his eyes. This was not a fun day.
“Come in,” Dee called.
Ryo didn't bother to lift his head. A soft chuckle reached him and Drake sat down on the corner of his desk.
“So does this mean we should go out for drinks tonight to commiserate or celebrate?”
“Jackass,” Dee said with a laugh.
“You okay Ryo?” Drake asked and poked his finger in the back of Ryo's head.
Ryo smacked the hand away.
“Fine,” he muttered.
Drake chuckled again. “Don't worry about it Ryo. Hey, look at it this way, if JJ knows, you won't have to worry about telling the rest of the precinct. They'll know by lunchtime.”
Ryo sighed heavily, a dark blush again brushing over his cheeks. He could just imagine JJ telling everyone…well good God what was JJ going to tell everyone? What did he think had happened? He groaned and bounced his head lightly against the desk.
“Thanks Drake,” Dee said wryly. “You're really helping.”
“Well you know me,” Drake said. “I'm a helpful guy. Anyway, Dee, you really should go talk to JJ. He's up on the roof. He looks…depressed.”
Dee frowned. That was unusual. Sure, JJ pouted, JJ fussed, JJ even got irritated sometimes, but it took a lot for JJ to really look down. Dee sighed and leaned back in his chair.
“Alright, but I make no guarantees that I won't throw the little psycho off the building,” Dee said and then brightened. “So where are you taking us for drinks tonight?”
“Uh-uh,” Drake said as he shook his head. “We'll go for drinks, but I'm not falling for that. I'm not buying your liquor Laytner.”
“Fine, fine,” Dee said.
“See you guys later.”
The door clicked shut and Ryo sighed again.
“Feel better?” Dee asked.
Ryo nodded and sat up. Things would work out he supposed.
“Well,” Dee said irritably. “I guess I better go see JJ. I'll be back in a few.”
He grinned then and gave Ryo a quick wink on his way out.
“How long would I have to be gone for you to finish all this paperwork?”
Ryo threw a pencil that bounced harmlessly off the door, Dee's laughter trailing into him as he finally focused and got some work done.
 
JJ stared miserably out over the city, his head resting heavily on his arms. He had known it was coming, good God all you had to do was look at Dee-senpai to know that he was head over heels in love with Ryo. Dee would do anything to make Ryo happy, and now Ryo made Dee happy too. JJ slumped, a deep bitterness running through him. Where did that leave him, besides alone?
“Thinking about jumping?”
JJ bounced a little in surprise as Dee leaned next to him, an unlit cigarette resting in his mouth. He didn't look at JJ and just stared out over the city.
“It's pretty isn't it, from up here?”
“Yeah,” JJ mumbled and looked away, his heart aching almost violently in his chest.
They were silent a moment and Dee sighed.
“I really love him.”
“I know,” JJ said. “I know he loves you too. I probably knew it before he did, but still, I always…I just…”
He shook his head and slumped further against the building. Part of him had still hoped that someday Dee would stop being so unattainable. Someday he'd look at JJ and really see him, see down beneath all the hungry lust and unfathomable happiness, and want him.
Dee sighed. “You remember back in that first year in the academy?”
JJ frowned and glanced over. Where was Dee-senpai going with this?
“Yeah,” he said cautiously.
“We had to take that stupid shooting class, you know, memorize all the basics, practice with all those damn guns. I had been thinking then about being a sharpshooter.”
“I didn't know that.”
“Well with my crappy long distance shooting skills I don't think anybody did,” Dee said with a laugh. “I was going to fucking fail that class because I got so pissed off that I couldn't hit anything a couple hundred yards away.”
JJ nodded. Yeah, he remembered that. It had been so sexy the way Dee got so angry and all but threw his gun at the target when he missed. JJ smiled slightly and Dee continued.
“You know why I passed?”
JJ shook his head and Dee chuckled.
“You.”
JJ looked over in surprise and Dee shrugged a little.
“Seriously JJ,” Dee said. “Didn't you notice? I watched you all the time, I did everything you did. That's the only reason I passed. So later, when we actually met, I wanted to be friends, and when you started…”
Dee scowled and shrugged.
“How would you describe what you do to me? Jumping me? Attacking me? What?”
“Showing affection,” JJ said with a small chuckle.
“Alright,” Dee said with a grin. “After you started showing affection all the time, I was willing to put up with it because I did like you.”
JJ blinked in surprise and Dee ran a hand back through his hair. He laughed then and tossed the unlit cigarette off the roof.
“You're a good friend JJ,” Dee said firmly. “I knew that. So I put up with all your crazy…affection so we could keep being friends. I'd still like to be friends.”
JJ stared at him and then launched himself across the roof, Dee roaring angrily as he was pinned down.
“Oh Mr. Sexy, I could never stay mad at you! And you don't ever have to worry about my affections stopping either, you stud!”
“Get the fuck off!” Dee bellowed. “I take it all back! You annoying little shit! I take it all back!”
“Too late,” JJ chirped. “We're friends forever.”
 
“Do you think Rose knows yet?” Ted asked as he handed Drake a cup of coffee.
“I don't know,” Drake said and grinned. “But I'd pay good money to see the look on his face when he hears.”
“No kidding,” Ted chuckled and shook his head. “Damn, two years. I don't think I could wait that long for anyone. Ryo's an attractive guy, but still…”
Drake groaned. “Not you too.”
“Hey,” Ted said defensively. “I'm confident enough in my sexuality to be able to admit that Ryo's a nice looking man. I'm just saying that I've never met anyone that I would have been willing to wait that long for.”
“Yeah,” Drake said. “I've seen you in bars.”
“Bite me,” Ted perked up suddenly. “That Agent Spacey is supposed to be here today. You want to invite her along tonight?”
“The pushy FBI lady?” Drake said skeptically. “No way. That does not sound like good company to me.”
 
Ryo had a nice buzz going when he and Dee left the bar and headed for the subway.
“My place is closer,” Dee said. “Call bratzilla and let him know you're sleeping over.”
Dee's eyes glinted and he loomed over Ryo suddenly.
“That does not mean you should invite him to come over.”
Ryo had laughed and now he was leaning against the hall wall and waiting as Dee struggled with his keys.
“Dammit,” Dee said. “I know it's here somewhere.”
Ryo chuckled quietly and Dee finally pushed the door open, leading them both into his somewhat less than stunning apartment. So Ryo was a neat guy, so Dee wasn't. Who cared? Dee winced slightly as Ryo stepped over an empty take-out bag from a few nights ago. At times like this, Dee cared.
Ryo yawned, used to his partner's living habits, and Dee gave him a quick smile.
“Ready for bed?”
Ryo nodded sleepily and they headed for the bedroom, both tugging off their jackets and ties, Ryo yawning again as he stretched.
“You got something I can wear?” he asked.
“Why bother?” Dee said as he sprang across the room.
A strangled cry escaped Ryo as Dee tackled him. In less than five seconds he had Ryo sprawled across the bed, sans-pants, a brilliant blush sparking across his cheeks as Dee easily slid his shirt open.
“Ah, that's better,” Dee said happily as he spread himself over Ryo and rested his head against his smooth skin.
“Pervert,” Ryo muttered as his fingers slid through Dee's hair.
Dee chuckled and his arms tightened around Ryo.
“I love you Ryo.”
“I love you too,” Ryo answered softly.
Dee untangled himself long enough to pull off his own shirt and pants, Ryo sliding between the covers as he did. Then Dee was back, his arms wrapping around Ryo, legs tangling together as he held Ryo close and breathed in his warm wonderful scent. Ryo's arms slid up around him, his touch still almost hesitant as he embraced Dee. Dee sighed with contentment. Skin to skin, their hearts beating together, both holding on so tightly…
Dee's eyes closed and he slowly kissed Ryo, his lips soft and searching, Ryo answering with a gentle pressure of his own. They lingered there, the kiss stretching out until both were shivering and weak with dizziness, then Dee pulled the blanket up higher over them and pressed himself as tightly to Ryo as he could. Ryo smiled happily and let his eyes drift closed as his hand ran up and down Dee's back.
You and only you, forever.