Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XIV, Family and Forgiveness ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Not Sanami Matoh. Not making a damn dime here. Yaoi involved kids. Set in the FAKE in Love Timeline…as if that wasn't obvious by now.
 
“Goddammit,” Dee muttered as he held the ice pack to the back of his head.
He hated hospitals and more than anything else in the world he hated this particular hospital. Couldn't Ryo have taken him anywhere else? Who cared which one was closest, Dee wanted quality Emiry-free care.
The large nurse glared at him and Dee scowled back, his head hurting too much for him to be too afraid of her. She sighed softly and her dark look relaxed as she gently pushed the icepack aside to inspect the damage.
“Your test results should be back anytime,” she said, her voice thick with professionalism. “It doesn't look too bad though.”
“Good,” Dee said flatly. “God knows I don't want to stay here any longer than I have to.”
“Behave yourself,” Emiry said with her most wicked smile. “Or we'll run more tests. I do believe that we have a very good psychologist here tonight.”
Dee scowled at her and the nurse just scowled right back. Her beeper went off suddenly and she sighed as she glanced down at it.
“You're lucky,” she warned as she headed for the door. “Take care of that hit.”
“Yeah, yeah,” Dee grumbled. “Thanks.”
Emiry chuckled quietly as she left and nodded Ryo inside. Dee was sitting boredly on the edge of one of the hospital beds, his face still dark and annoyed as he held the icepack. Ryo shut the door and stepped in front of Dee, gently pulling the ice from Dee's hands and holding it lightly to his partner's neck. Dee slumped forward and rested against Ryo, his hands lightly caressing over Ryo's sides.
“I didn't even know the punk was there,” Dee said, his voice muffled against Ryo's chest. “That damn Tim Darrow has me so pissed off I wasn't even paying attention.”
Ryo smiled and lightly kissed the top of Dee's head.
“They cleared you to go home tonight,” he said and Dee brightened immediately.
“Thank God,” he said. “Next time, take me to any other hospital.”
“But you haven't seen Emiry in such a long time,” Ryo teased in his most innocent voice. “I thought you'd be happy to see her.”
“That's not funny.”
Ryo smiled and lifted the icepack to inspect the dark bruise that ran down Dee's neck and the soft swelling hidden by his hair. He lowered the ice back over it and Dee sighed against him.
“It really hurts,” Dee said flatly.
“Poor Dee,” Ryo murmured and kissed the top of his head again.
Dee's hands began to caress a little harder and he pulled Ryo closer.
“Take me home,” Dee breathed and began to lightly nibble through Ryo's shirt.
“Paperwork,” Ryo said distantly, his free hand sliding through Dee's hair as Dee's lips move to scrape warm air over one flat nipple.
“We can fill out the paperwork later,” Dee whispered and rubbed his lips against Ryo's shirt, scraping the fabric over pale skin.
Ryo swallowed thickly as Dee's hands slid lower and gently squeezed his ass.
“We…we have to pick up the car from the station,” Ryo managed finally.
“I'll spring for a taxi,” Dee breathed and his lips began to trace their way up towards Ryo's neck, his hands roving back to Ryo's waist. “We can take the subway in for our next shift.”
Dee thrust forward a little from the table as he held Ryo firmly close. Ryo bit back on a soft moan as Dee puffed hot breath through the collar of his shirt.
“A-alright,” Ryo whispered.
The room door opened again and Ryo blinked his eyes clear as Claire rushed towards them. Dee glared darkly at her, his hands squeezing almost painfully at Ryo's waist as he held his partner close.
“What do you want?” he snapped.
“Your precinct called,” she said breathlessly. “They said you'd been attacked, that you were in the hospital. Are you okay?”
“Fine,” Dee grunted. “You can go now.”
Claire looked like she had been slapped.
“I was just worried about you,” she said softly.
“I'm fine,” Dee snapped. “Just leave me alone!”
“Dee…” Ryo said softly and brushed his hand through Dee's hair.
Dee's eyes closed and he pressed his face back to Ryo's chest, needing the warmth and soft security that Ryo offered. Claire blinked suddenly and her mouth dropped open a little.
“You're…”
Her voice faded and Dee's hands tightened again at Ryo's waist. Why wasn't she leaving? Why wasn't she just going? Claire hesitated a moment longer then fled from the room, her eyes wide and a faint blush spanning across her cheeks.
“The precinct called, my ass,” Dee grumbled when he and Ryo were alone again. “It's Richardson, I know it.”
“Dee,” Ryo said. “Calm down.”
“I hate that goddamned bastard,” Dee growled.
Ryo's mouth opened and he started to tell Dee that maybe Richardson had just been trying to help. His jaw clicked shut. That would be a lie and a sure fire way to piss Dee off. He sighed and brushed his fingers through Dee's hair again.
“Let's get you home and to some rest,” Ryo said gently.
“Fine,” Dee muttered.
 
“Goddammit,” Dee breathed for probably the five hundredth time since they had arrived home.
He was stalking through the apartment in a loose pair of sweat pants and a baggy T-shirt, his hair hanging wetly from a recent shower. Ryo sighed and trailed after him into the bedroom, darkly annoyed that their plans for the night had been upended by Claire's little appearance. Dee just couldn't seem to focus on anything right now, no matter what Ryo did.
“Dee,” Ryo said sternly and pointed to the bed. “Now.”
Dee blinked and stared at him, but obediently climbed onto the bed, Ryo pushing him until the dark haired man lay sprawled on his stomach. Ryo straddled his waist and began massaging his partner's shoulders, gently rubbing and pulling out all the tension. Dee's eyes fluttered closed and he sighed with contentment.
“You haven't been sleeping well lately,” Ryo stated.
“No,” Dee admitted, happily melting into the bed. “Right there.”
Ryo went to work on a particularly stubborn knot and Dee felt his shoulders relax and loosen. His partner's steady hands continued and Dee's breathing gradually evened out. God Ryo knew just how to touch him. His lover's hands were so sure and gentle with him, caressing and touching…A catlike smile stretched across Dee's lips as his eyes slid groggily closed. This felt so good. Ryo's warm body so close, his hands soothing every ache and pain. Everything drifted happily away and Dee swallowed up the wonderful feeling of Ryo's touch.
“Feel better?” Ryo asked softly.
“Mmph.”
Ryo smiled and then sighed quietly. He stretched out on top of Dee, the comfortable curves of Dee's body fitting perfectly against him. He snaked his arms around Dee and rested his head on Dee's shoulder, the small smile remaining as he listened to Dee fall into heavy sleep.
“I love you,” Ryo murmured and followed his partner into slumber.
 
Ryo was leaned back on the couch, his dark framed glasses in place as he quietly read. Dee was sprawled against him, his head resting on Ryo's chest, arms wrapped around Ryo's waist as he quietly slept. Ryo's free hand softly brushed through Dee's hair or carefully adjusted the icepack that rested on his partner's neck, calmly touching Dee as the man remained peaceful and still next to him. Dee sighed in his sleep and held Ryo close, breathing in his warm wonderful scent as he dreamed.
“I'm home!” Bikky yelled.
“Not so loud,” Ryo said softly as Bikky sauntered into the living room.
“I don't care if he's asleep,” Bikky said in a considerably softer voice. “What's with the icepack?”
“Somebody hit him in the head,” Ryo answered.
“At least he doesn't have to worry about anything being damaged,” Bikky said flippantly and then paused for a moment. “He need anything? Aspirin? Water?”
“There's a fresh icepack in the freezer,” Ryo said in his same soft voice. “Could you wrap it up and bring it to me?”
“Sure.”
Bikky returned a moment later and took the melting icepack from Ryo, quickly throwing it back in the freezer. He stood over Ryo and Dee again, a slightly concerned look on his face and his voice hesitant when he spoke again.
“So, does this mean he won't want to go to parent's night tonight?”
“I think he's still planning on going,” Ryo said with a soft chuckle.
Relief flooded Bikky's face but was then masked with an irritable scowl.
“You guys better not do anything to embarrass me.”
“We'll be on our best behavior,” Ryo said as his fingers slid through Dee's hair again.
Distantly, Dee could hear Ryo talking, the rumbling timber of his voice sliding up through Dee. It was like listening to waves crashing on a peaceful short. His mind happily slid into deeper dreams, everything safe and protected in Ryo's care.
“What do you want for dinner?” Ryo asked.
Bikky's eyes slid over the geek. He looked so peaceful holding onto Ryo like that. Bikky knew that Dee hadn't been sleeping well for the last few days and he sighed slightly as he locked his hands behind his head. He didn't want to do anything to make Ryo get up and disturb Dee.
“Let's just order something,” Bikky said boredly.
“Okay,” Ryo agreed. “My wallet's on the dresser. Call for whatever you want.”
“Yeah,” Bikky said and then frowned. “Is he alright?”
“Yes,” Ryo said. “Just tired.”
“He hasn't been sleeping much,” Bikky said, his eyes determinedly not meeting Ryo's. “Not since that woman showed up here.”
“Woman?” Ryo asked with a small frown.
“Yeah, black hair, real pretty.”
“I see,” Ryo said. “She was here.”
“Yeah.”
“If she comes by again, let me know, okay?”
“Sure,” Bikky said with a shrug. “Who is she?”
Ryo's mouth thinned slightly and he brushed his fingers through Dee's hair.
“Someone Dee doesn't want to see,” he said softly.
 
“I smell food,” Dee mumbled and then perked up. “Chinese food.”
Bikky grunted as he set the bags down on the coffee table and dropped a couple of plates next to them.
“Figures,” Bikky said boredly. “The moron would wake up now.”
Dee yawned as he untangled himself from Ryo, one hand wiping up over his eyes and back through his hair as he grinned.
“Smells good,” Dee said. “What'd you order?”
Bikky stared at him. “Why don't you just ask?”
“Ask what?”
Bikky released an exasperated sigh and shook his head.
“Where your damn egg rolls are,” Bikky said.
Dee chuckled and his eyes glinted as he grinned.
“Bikky, where are my damn egg rolls?”
“Maybe I didn't order any.”
“Sure. Right.”
Bikky sighed and handed over the carton, Ryo chuckling quietly as Dee growled in happiness. The doorbell rang and Bikky sprang to his feet.
“I'll get it.”
“I spent most of my day off sleeping,” Dee said as Bikky popped out of the room.
“You were tired,” Ryo said as he leaned over and kissed Dee's temple. “You look so innocent when you're asleep.”
“What did I tell you about treating me like a kid?” Dee said as he turned to nip Ryo's neck.
Ryo chuckled again and dished up some of the food as Dee's hand ran up and down his thigh. He got the feeling that Dee was well rested and wouldn't have a problem staying up all night to get back on their work schedule.
Bikky opened the door and frowned slightly as Claire Klarks stared back.
“Well speak of the devil,” he grumbled.
She frowned a little then smiled brightly.
“Is your dad here?”
“Yeah, sure,” Bikky muttered. “Dad! It's for you!”
Bikky let the door swing mostly shut as he headed back for the living room, Ryo passing him with an open carton and an amused expression on his face.
“Watch out for Dee,” Ryo said. “He's wolfing down everything that he can get a hold of. Don't lose a hand.”
“What! There better be some food left in there you jackass!”
A muffled grunt answered him and Ryo was laughing as he opened the door, the sound fading as he stared at Claire. For an instant their confused expressions mirrored each other and then Claire blinked quickly and forced a smile back on.
“I…I was looking for Dee,” she said. “I thought he lived here.”
Ryo shifted uncomfortably on his feet.
“He does,” Ryo said. “I don't think he wants to see you.”
“I just want to talk to him,” Claire pushed. “Please, just for a minute.”
“No,” Ryo said flatly. “I can't believe that you'd show up like this.”
“What else am I supposed to do?”
Ryo shook his head and sighed heavily.
“Go away.”
He pushed the door closed and Claire angrily shoved it back open.
“No,” she snapped. “I'm worried about him! He looked like he was going to pass out at the hospital! You were practically holding him up!”
Ryo stared at her and his cheeks flamed as his mouth dropped open.
“Is that what you think was happening?” he said softly.
“Ryo?”
Dee's head poked into the long hallway and Ryo glanced back.
“It's nothing,” he said. “I'll be back in a minute.”
Dee padded towards the door with a wide grin on his face.
“Damn noisy for nothing. Give back those wontons if you're going to stand around in doorways yelling.”
His eyes slid to Claire, her expression stubborn and concerned. His eyes narrowed immediately.
“What the hell do you want?”
“I came to check on you,” Claire said.
“God…dammit!” Dee roared. “Take the hint!”
He slammed the door shut, Claire jumping back to avoid it as it swung heavily closed. Dee scowled at the door, daring her to knock again, then grabbed the carton from Ryo's hand and stalked back to the living room.
“Brat, you better not have touched my egg rolls! I know just how many I had left!”
Ryo watched Dee's back sadly and then trailed after his lover. He knew very few people who could impact Dee's mood that strongly. He glanced back and shook his head before he returned to the couch. He sat down just in time to get sprayed with a mouthful of sweet and sour pork as Bikky choked on laughter. Dee's eyes were watering as he ate some of the spicier food and he looked torn between spitting the food out and clobbering Bikky.
“Sorry Dad,” Bikky grinned and handed Ryo a napkin. “But look at the doofus!”
Dee went with option B.
 
“I mean it,” Bikky growled. “Don't embarrass me.”
“Yeah, yeah,” Dee said and then a devilish glint flashed in his eyes. “Come here sweetie, you've got some gunk on your cheek.”
He pulled a tissue from his pocket and spit on it as he pulled Bikky towards him, a horrified look on the teen's face. Dee howled with laughter and released him, Ryo shaking his head as they climbed out of the car and headed into the school.
“I'm going to kill you,” Bikky grumbled, a faint blush still on his cheeks.
“It was a joke,” Dee said. “I get it already, I'll behave, jeez.”
“You better.”
“Why don't you show us around?” Ryo asked, trying to change the subject, Bikky scowling but quickly giving them the tour of his school.
“Man, you take the most boring classes,” Dee said tiredly as they left Bikky's math room.
“Tell me about it,” Bikky agreed.
Great…Ryo glanced between the two of them and sighed. Somehow he got the feeling that Bikky and Dee were probably at about the same status as students. Both were trouble makers, using their intelligence for a few questionable stunts, happily pushing just hard enough to get through class, making a little trouble but nothing major, and probably always standing up for the underdog. An image of Dee as a teenager flashed through Ryo's mind and he chuckled quietly.
“What?” Dee asked as he looked back at Ryo.
“Nothing,” Ryo answered, a wide smile now in place. “You two go ahead, I've got to talk to Bikky's English teacher.”
Bikky winced painfully and Dee grinned as he slung his arm around Bikky's neck.
“Should we play a funeral march for you, monkey-boy?”
“Shit,” Bikky breathed. “She's going to ask about that letter I never gave him.”
“We should play a funeral march!” Dee laughed as Bikky led him down the hall, now in grim silence.
“Oh, Mr. MacLean.”
Ryo smiled at the young woman who held her hand out.
“I'm Mrs. Kingsley, it's nice to finally get the chance to talk to you.”
“Yes of course,” Ryo said as they shook hands and then sat down. “I assume that there's something we need to discuss.”
A smile tugged at the corners of Mrs. Kingsley's mouth and she bit back on a low chuckle.
“Your son has a lot of spirit,” she said finally.
Ryo frowned tiredly. “What did he do?”
She laughed and shook her head. “Nothing that I can't handle. I get the feeling that most of the teachers you've talked to tonight have had a fair share of horror stories about your son.”
“Yes,” Ryo said. “Unfortunately.”
“Well,” Mrs. Kingsley shifted in her seat. “I wanted to let you know that he's not all bad. He's bright, and when he gets interested in a project, he gives it his all. And he's so creative. Has he taken you to the art room yet?”
“No,” Ryo said, blinking in surprise. “Not yet.”
“Make sure he does. He gets a little flustered when people are praising him.”
“Yes, I know,” Ryo laughed.
“If Bikky keeps up the hard work, he could have his choice of colleges. He's warm and funny and he has more friends than I can count. He's a teacher's worst nightmare when he gets bored or distracted, but he's a wonder to have in school, and I really see only good things in his future. So try and keep that in mind when the art teacher tells you about Bikky's latest paint fight.”
Ryo snorted laughter and shook his head.
“Bikky's an amazing kid,” Ryo said. “I'll make sure he hears you think so too.”
“Alright,” Mrs. Kingsley said and then bit her lip. “However, there is one last thing we need to discuss. There was an incident a couple of weeks back, I trust you read the letter I sent you?”
“What letter?”
 
“Whoa, Biks,” Dee said as he stared at the canvas. “That's…impressive.”
Bikky grunted something unintelligible and Dee shook his head.
“Well damn, I've seen you tag cars and walls, but if I'd known you could do something like this I wouldn't have taken your paint away.”
“Shut it,” Bikky mumbled. “It's just a picture.”
“No really,” Dee said and slung his arm back around Bikky's shoulders. “I really like it.”
Bikky blushed darkly and then kicked Dee in the shin.
“What the hell?” Dee growled.
“Thanks,” Bikky murmured.
Dee blinked in surprise and then smiled.
“Don't mention it.”
 
“And then he threw the paint,” Mr. Tavins said with a sigh. “He cleaned it all up, but you can imagine.”
“Yes,” Ryo said tiredly. “I can.”
“So that's that,” the art teacher said with a sigh. “Now where's this Dee I hear so much about?”
“Looking at Bikky's art with him,” Ryo said as he ran a hand through his hair. “Although it's not really safe to leave the two of them alone for too long.”
“I suppose not,” Mr. Tavins said as he chuckled and strolled away.
 
“There's Carol!” Bikky said. “I'm gonna go say hi. I'll be back in a minute.”
“Okay,” Ryo said. “We'll grab our coats. Think about where you want to go for dinner, alright?”
“Sure, sure,” Bikky called as he sprinted away.
“You all set?” Dee asked as he pulled on his jacket.
“Yeah, I just--”
Ryo's voice cut off and his head cocked to one side as he listened, Dee frowning slightly and straining to hear the muffled voices from down the hall.
“So you met him? Dee?” one of the teachers said.
“Yeah,” another laughed. “Boy was that a surprise!”
“I know,” the first agreed. “With the way Bikky talked about him, I always assumed that Dee was his dad's girlfriend, you know, Bikky's new mom.”
For a second Ryo just blinked in surprise, then he snorted wild laughter and clapped a hand over his mouth to hold it in. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he struggled to get himself under control, his whole body shaking with laughter. Dee stood silently next to him, an embarrassed blush on his face and a dark scowl accompanying it.
“I'm back,” Bikky announced. “And I want a burger…hey, what's wrong with you guys?”
Dee turned on him with flaming eyes, Ryo gasping for air as he continued to laugh silently.
“JUST WHAT SORT OF STORIES HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING THESE PEOPLE?!”