Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: In Another Life (pt. 1) ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh and I'm not making any money from this. This is yaoi and includes adult situations (lemony goodness). Please be forewarned.
 
“Here he comes,” the man in the van said. “And look who's in tow again.”
Berkeley Rose stared out of the surveillance van's windows and his mouth thinned to an angry white line. Dee Laytner strolled by, laughing loudly, Detective MacLean smiling slightly as he followed.
“He stayed over again last night,” the man next to Rose said. “It's gotten to be a regular thing for them.”
“I see,” Rose said flatly. “Any success in getting a tap inside the apartment?”
“Nope,” the other man said with a sigh. “And we can't find any judge that will okay putting one in.”
“I see,” Rose said again, but his eyes were distant and angry.
What the hell was Randy doing?
 
“We need to know what he's involved in,” Rose said.
Randy stared at him with open disbelief. This wasn't happening.
“What?” he managed finally.
“It's your job,” Rose snapped coldly.
 
Dee smiled as he stared out of the tall window in his living room, the tinted glass shielding him from prying eyes.
He jumped a little as a soft hand brushed over his shoulder and he turned with a smile as he caught the wonderful scent of Ryo. He started to speak, but Ryo's fingers pressed against his lips, a deep sadness running through the detective's eyes. Dee frowned and Ryo shook his head, Dee's confusion growing. Then Ryo leaned forward and softly kissed him, his lips hesitant and gentle, the touch sparking through Dee with wonderful fire. He pulled Ryo close, pressing the kiss deeper, searching through Ryo until the detective slid out of his arms. Again Dee started to speak and again Ryo pressed his fingers to Dee's lips and shook his head.
Ryo lifted one of Dee's hands and pressed it to the buttons on his shirt, his sad eyes staring up at Dee. Dee frowned, absolutely lost about what was happening with Ryo, but he slowly undid one button. Ryo didn't move, his dark eyes still staring forlornly at Dee as Dee slid another button free.
Dee's hand jerked back as he saw the small microphone taped to Ryo's chest, Ryo's fingers caressing across his lips again. Dee looked up, fiery green meeting warm brown and Ryo's lips moved slowly.
I'm sorry.
Ryo leaned forward again, his eyes searching through Dee's, but Dee didn't pull away and let Ryo kiss him again, the detective's hand sliding up through his hair as they traded another warm embrace. Then Ryo was pulling away, one last sad look glinting over Dee.
Goodbye.
 
“He was asleep,” Randy said with a shrug.
“And?” Rose growled.
“And what?” Randy said with a frown. “He was asleep. That's it. I left.”
Rose's mouth thinned. “We'll keep trying.”
A sad look passed over Randy's face and he stared out the window of the speeding van.
“Yeah,” he said distantly. “Fine.”
Rose's eyes flashed with cool anger and he shook his head.
“You shouldn't be involved with him anymore,” the Commissioner said lowly. “You know what he is.”
Ryo was silent again and then nodded.
“Yes, I do.”
 
Randy sighed and stared up at the steely grey sky. It looked like another storm was getting ready to break over New York. Bikky skated around him, Carol laughing happily as she chased after, both yelling back and forth in the busy park. It was his day off, and he had spent most of the day being drug around behind his young charge as they explored. He suspected that Bikky was trying to cheer him up, and he had done everything he could to enjoy the time with his foster son. Unfortunately, his funk didn't seem to want to completely lift. It had been over a week since he had seen Dee last, and they hadn't exactly parted on the best of terms. He kept wondering how the hit man was doing, if he was alright, if he was being careful. Randy's eyes closed; wasn't that a strange thing for a cop to be worried about?
Of course things weren't going so well at work either. He was on the trail of a new and dangerous serial killer, a psycho who liked to cut off young girl's hands. It was the kind of case that would start to haunt your thoughts after a while. Randy sighed again and shook his head. It was already starting to run his brain ragged. He had to go back to work that night.
“Hey, Ryo!” Bikky yelled and the detective was jerked out of his thoughts. “We're going to get something to eat! You want anything?”
“No,” Randy said with a smile. “Thanks.”
He watched as Carol and Bikky skated to a hotdog vendor and couldn't help but smile a little. He loved Bikky, he really was a good son. He wondered if he'd told Bikky that lately. Randy sighed and stared back up at the sky. Yup, definitely looked like rain. He listened as two sets of skates rolled up to him and Carol and Bikky plopped down on either side.
“Here,” Bikky said as he thrust a hotdog at Ryo.
“Um, Biks…”
“I know, I know,” Bikky said as he bit into his own hotdog. “But you've barely eaten lately.”
Randy blinked and then took the hotdog with a small smile.
“Thanks. Aren't I supposed to be looking after you?” he teased.
“Puh-lease,” Carol said as she waved a hand in the air. “If you weren't here, Bikky would probably be dead in an alley somewhere.”
“Thanks for your support,” Bikky said wryly and then sighed heavily. “She's probably right. Thanks Ryo.”
Randy shook his head. “I'm glad you're here.”
A car horn beeped suddenly and Carol glanced over with a smile.
“There's my aunt. You still coming with Bikky?”
Bikky glanced at Randy.
“Uhh…”
“Go ahead,” Randy said with a laugh as he quickly swallowed a bite. “Have a good time.”
“Thanks,” Bikky said. “Call if you need something.”
“Bye Bikky! Bye Carol!”
Randy waved as the car pulled away and then glanced down at the hotdog in his hand. He tossed it into the garbage next to him with a sigh. His thoughts drifted again, and he didn't even notice the darkly smiling man that watched Carol leave with open interest.
 
Randy leaned back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling. He was really starting to hate the 27th's ceiling. He found himself staring up at it a lot lately as he tried to piece his thoughts together. Nothing seemed to be coming together right. God, even his interviews had gone badly that evening, what with the creepy guy…
Randy grimaced and shook his head. He'd have to look more into the man's background.
“Ryo!”
Randy jerked out of his thoughts as Bikky skidded into the precinct room, his foster son's eyes wide and worried.
“Bikky?” he said with a little surprise. “What is it?”
“Carol!” Bikky answered. “Some guy nabbed Carol!”
 
Randy's eyes widened as Carol fell towards him, her arms outstretched and confident. He caught her and staggered back into Bikky. All three landed in a tangle of limbs. Officers were pouring into the building now and Randy felt himself itching to follow. This shouldn't have happened, not to Carol, she shouldn't have to go through any more danger, ever again.
He tugged his coat off and tossed it to Bikky, his eyes skidding to Carol for an instant. Bikky blinked and then nodded and Randy sprinted into the building.
The apartment building's hallways were dark and the damn cans skittered beneath his feet as he tried to move stealthily. He could hear a couple of low curses and new that a few other officers were encountering the same problem. Randy's mouth thinned and he forced himself to slow down and carefully pick his way through the clattering mine field.
He checked one hall and then headed down another, gun drawn and ready. A low chill ran down his spine and Randy flung out a quick fist. His hand connected with flesh and a deep grunt sounded into the hall. Then they were struggling together, a stray strike jerking his gun away and a quick hit knocking the wind from his lungs.
They toppled to the ground and Randy balled his fist tight, pulled it back, and connected dead on with the attacker's chin. The sound of flesh on flesh was more like a gunshot than a punch and left the wild eyed man splayed and moaning in the hall. Randy got to his feet as he shook his hand and debated landing a few extra kicks while the man was down for the count.
 
Dee's teeth were gritted tightly together as he paced down the long hospital hallway. The brat had given him a call earlier to let him know that Ryo was there, but now no one seemed willing to give him any damn information. Why wasn't anyone saying anything? What the hell had happened?
“Detective MacLean,” he ground out to yet another desk receptionist.
She typed the name in and then nodded towards one of the nearby rooms.
“305,” she said boredly. “He's in with the doctor now.”
Dee didn't bother to thank her. He sprinted to the room and ripped the door open, Randy and the doctor both looking up with a little surprise.
“Dee?” Randy said as he frowned and blinked. “What are you doing here?”
“What am…” Dee's mouth dropped and then he gritted his teeth together as he stormed into the room and jammed his finger into Randy's chest. “What are you doing here?”
“If you don't mind,” the doctor said with open irritation. “I'd like to finish wrapping this.”
Dee's eyes drifted down to the swath of bandages being carefully secured around Randy's arm and all the anger disappeared immediately. He stepped weakly back and silently watched as the doctor finished, the man's instructions a blurred stream of words in Dee's mind. At last Randy thanked him and the doctor left with one more annoyed look at Dee.
The silence stretched out as Randy carefully pulled his shirt back on.
“I guess Bikky called you.”
“Yeah,” Dee said softly.
Randy glanced down at his arm.
“It's just a scratch,” Randy said finally.
“Yeah,” Dee said again.
Ryo stared at him, at the worry in his eyes and the deep slump in his shoulders. The detective sighed and finished buttoning his shirt.
“You want to stay over tonight?”
 
“You aren't worried they have your apartment bugged?” Dee asked as Randy unlocked his door, only half joking.
Randy chuckled. “I'm too tired to care right now. This case has had me running ragged.”
“You look good.”
A light blush fanned over Randy's cheeks as they stepped into the apartment and Dee shut the door, his arms immediately sliding out to wrap around Ryo.
“I mean it,” Dee said. “You really look good. I missed you.”
Ryo closed his eyes and he rested his forehead lightly against Dee's shoulder.
“I missed you too,” he murmured.
Dee's hand moved slowly up and down his back as Dee pulled Ryo closer. Dee could feel the heat from Ryo's skin, everything suddenly wrapped up around holding the detective as close as he could. His hand skittered up to Ryo's chin, gently lifting his face until their lips met. The force of the kiss pressed Ryo back until he was pinned against the wall, his head spinning beneath Dee's talented touch.
They kissed again and Ryo clung to Dee as the dark haired man began to slowly cover his face in soft gentle caresses. Dee paused for a moment, his eyes heavy on Ryo when he spoke again.
“I'm not going to be satisfied with just kisses anymore,” Dee whispered.
Randy blinked and a little fear slid into his eyes as he began to glance around the empty apartment. Dammit, Bikky just had to go over to Carol's to help her feel safe.
“What are you talking about?” Randy managed finally, his voice betraying a little of his nervousness as he struggled to pull away from Dee.
Dee released him and followed as Randy paced into the living room.
“You know what I'm talking about,” Dee said, his voice still soft and smooth. “I want to do more than just kiss you.”
“You're going overboard,” Randy said as he straightened a line of books that was already painfully aligned.
Dee gently caught his wrist and pulled Randy close.
“Come on,” Dee said, a little playfulness in his voice. “Give me a test drive?”
“A test drive?” Randy repeated with open disbelief.
“Yeah,” Dee said, his grin suddenly there, but his eyes serious. “If it gets to be too much, I swear I'll stop.”
Randy shot him a withering and disbelieving look.
“Yeah right,” he said as he pulled away. “Like I'm going to believe that one.”
“I'm serious,” Dee said as he trailed after Randy towards the windows, his arms sliding around the detective's waist again. “Come on, think about it.”
Randy stared up into deep green eyes and saw absolute focused determination in them. He felt a sudden jolt as he realized part of him found the desire and single-mindedness undeniably sexy. His eyes dropped away as a faint blush slid across his face.
“A-alright,” he said softly and then looked up, his voice shaking again. “But you had better--”
Dee's lips silenced him completely as he pulled Ryo close and leaned hungrily into the kiss. It stretched out for what seemed an almost unnatural amount of time as Dee carefully led him to the bedroom and gently lowered him to the bed. Ryo's eyes were dazed and vacant now, his chest heaving as he struggled to catch his breath. Dee gave him a soft sweet smile as he brushed Ryo's hair back from his flushed face.
“I swear I'll stop if it gets to be too much,” Dee whispered and lightly kissed Ryo's forehead.
Ryo's eyes closed for a moment as Dee shifted over him and then went to work on his shirt. Gentle hands began to caress over his skin as Dee opened the shirt and kissed over Ryo's chest. Ryo stared up at the ceiling, his hands cautiously clinging to the bed. What exactly was he supposed to be doing now? Was he supposed to touch Dee? It might feel…nice…to run his hands through Dee's hair. A nervous bolt slid down his spine and Ryo bit his lip. Strange thoughts like that kept running through his head as he nervously tried to come up with some reason for why he had agreed to this. Good God why had he agreed to this?
Dee's tongue circled one pink nipple and then latched onto it, Ryo blushing darkly and sitting up sharply. He shoved Dee back, his eyes wide and his fingers closing tightly in Dee's shirt.
“What are you doing?” he sputtered.
Dee stared at him with a little annoyance, like a long suffering saint perhaps.
“What do you think I'm doing?” Dee said softly and gently pulled Ryo's arm out of the way.
“Well God,” Ryo sputtered. “You've been kissing me all over and now you're, you're--”
Dee kissed Ryo's hand and then pressed his own palm against the back of Ryo's neck, the detective falling silent now. Dee held him steady, hovering just over the bed as he turned his attention back to Ryo's chest. His lips slid across smooth pale skin and then again encircled a teasingly pink nipple. Ryo gasped again and this time his hands locked in Dee's hair, hesitating there as Dee began to suckle and lick over the small nub. The next sound that escaped Ryo was somewhere between a moan and a soft cry.
Dee grinned as he pulled his lips away and gently lowered Ryo back to the bed. Ryo's hands slid lifelessly out of his hair as Dee began to work down his chest, his tongue tasting over every inch of the detective's skin. Dee closed his eyes as he worked, his own breath coming in long drawn out pants as he struggled to keep himself in control. He had to go slow, but it was so painfully hard. His lips skidded down Ryo's stomach and he felt the muscles in the detective's body tense and flicker beneath his touch.
Dee peppered soft kisses over Ryo's hips and then gently pulled his lips lower. Ryo trembled as hot breath teased across his thighs and then warmed over his cock. He moaned, a long animal like call, as Dee puffed hot breath through his pants, his hands now sliding up and down Ryo's sides in soothing strokes. Ryo's legs slid open, inviting more, his head thrown to one side as he panted for breath.
His mind was filled with white noise, his body suddenly on fire for Dee's touch. He had never felt this delirious before. Dee's tongue slid teasingly up and down him and Ryo bit back on another moan. He almost sighed with anticipation as Dee's hand slid to his zipper and slowly began to tug.
A loud phone began to ring.
Ryo's eyes blinked clear as the noise broke the sensual spell that Dee had spread over him. He sat up and then almost leapt out of the bed. Dee looked ready to kill.
“It's not mine!” Ryo practically yelled as he held up his phone. “Mine's turned off.”
Dee's scowl only darkened as he angrily pulled his own phone from his pocket, cursing himself for not remembering to turn it off.
“What is it?”
He tensed suddenly and sighed, his eyes sliding back to Ryo for a moment with open regret.
“Yeah, I'm on my way,” Dee said miserably and hung up.
He dropped his phone back in his pocket and sighed heavily. Ryo pulled his shirt back into place and stared at the wall with a dark blush. He couldn't believe he had done that, he couldn't believe he had let Dee…and he would have let Dee…
The blush fanned to almost volcanic proportions as Dee shifted on the bed.
“Sorry,” Dee said softly. “I've gotta go.”
“A-alright,” Randy said.
Dee smiled and pulled him into a slow long kiss.
“Another time,” he whispered across Ryo's lips and quickly left before he lost himself in Ryo again.
 
“Do you know why I get to hold your hand on the table like this?” Dee whispered into the ear of the man kneeling next to him.
The man was panting, soft pleading still escaping him as Dee held him in a vice like grip. Dee's mouth curled in a small smile.
“Because I don't flinch,” he breathed.
The baseball bat swung through the hair and slammed into the man's fingers, the unmistakable sound of breaking bone filling the room. The man screamed loudly and Dee held him firmly still.
“You better make reparations for what you did,” Dee said, his voice cold and steady now. “We'll expect payment in three days.”
He released the man's wrist and got to his feet, quickly striking a match to light a cigarette. He flicked the smoldering piece of wood into the mangled hand on the table in front of him. The man screamed and Dee shook his head.
“Just trying to help,” he said lightly as he and two other men headed for the door.
“What the hell was that?” one of the tall men said with a grin as they walked through the parking lot.
“Yeah, damn Dee, you were fucking vicious.”
“This coming from the man who swung the bat,” Dee said boredly.
“Hell, the way you came at that guy tonight was probably enough to scare him straight,” the first guy said. “Everything else was just overkill.”
“And what the hell was that `trying to help' bullshit at the end?”
“You've never heard of cauterizing a wound before?” Dee asked as he paused at the door of his car.
“Seriously,” one of the men said. “What has you so pissed?”
“I got interrupted,” Dee said flatly. “It's a chance I might not get again.”
 
Dee glanced at the clock as he finally stepped into his apartment. 2:37 AM. Nope, Ryo probably wouldn't appreciate him showing up on his doorstep at this hour to finish up their little test drive. Dee sighed, not that it wasn't tempting to risk facing the detective's anger.
Dee glanced down at himself and shook his head. What he really needed was a shower. It was amazing how the human body could spray blood so liberally.
Dee scowled as he pulled his clothes off and tossed them in the laundry. He'd have to take them to Leo's cleaners in the morning. Damn Leo anyway, calling him like that, just when he was…
Dee shivered as thoughts of Ryo's soft body slid through his mind, memories of throaty moans tingling down his skin. Oh God this was going to have to be a cold shower.
The job had been mostly leg work, tracking down a dealer who had started cutting his shipments with almost lethal amounts of filler to increase his supply. He had then started selling the excess to a few local kids. Dee frowned darkly; he sounded like the stereotypical lowlife, but he was (unfortunately) well placed with the Grant family. So Dee had just been sent to break a few fingers, well, it didn't have to be the guy's fingers he could have shattered a leg, to remind him of the rules.
So he had spent his night crawling through the dregs of society rather than exploring Ryo's enticing body. It was enough to make a man crazy.
Dee sighed as he let the cool water rush over his body. He had never been this patient with anyone. He had never wanted or been willing to take his time with anyone. If he had an interest, he followed it, if it wasn't returned, he walked away. But with Ryo…
Dee closed his eyes and smiled.
With Ryo all the rules were different.
 
Randy rolled over and stared at the alarm clock. Almost ten-thirty. He sighed and threw an arm over his eyes. What did he expect? He had stayed up until almost three…not that he was waiting for Dee to come back or anything, he had just felt like staying up.
Randy sighed. Not that it mattered; the hit man hadn't made another appearance.
He drug himself out of bed and ran a hand through his hair. God he needed coffee.
Randy tugged on his robe and padded towards the kitchen, his eyes still bleary and yawns trailing after him. There was a sudden knock on his door and he frowned as he glanced over at it. Who in the world…
The frown shifted slightly and he sighed. Oh he knew who, but whether he wanted to let him in or not was still up in the air. He moved to the door and his hand rested uncertainly on the doorknob. What would happen if he opened that door? Ryo's eyes closed for a moment; only one way to find out.
Dee grinned as he held up a pastry bag and two steaming cups of coffee.
“How about breakfast?”