Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Jane Doe ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DarkHorse says: All right, this is my first FAKE story, so bear with me. I'm a little embarrassed about writing lemon scenes, so don't expect too much of that in here, but if you really beg, I'll do it (that doesn't mean I can't write lemon scenes. Go read "Shower Scene" if you're curious.) If two guys ain't your thing, take a walk. Onward! P.S: me no own, you no sue.

Randy "Ryo" MacLean pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger. "This case is driving me nuts."

His partner, Dee Laytner, plopped down in the chair across from him with an "oomph". "I know. How many victims? Six? And all of them are too afraid to talk. Or, in that one lady's case, unable."

"So what do we have? A serial rapist and sometime murderer, all his victims have been in their early 20s, and he likes to play rough. Injuries include: a collapsed trachea, broken legs, broken jaw, broken wrists, and dislocated shoulders. Sounds like he doesn't want them to move or talk," Ryo said.

"Sounds like it's working."

"Yeah. I spoke with some of the doctors again today, and they said that the tracheal damage may be permanent."

"Shit. If and when we catch this guy, how're we going to make a case with witnesses that can't talk?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The man had been tracking his prey for several blocks before cornering it in an alley. She was a little dirtier than what he was used to, but it was something to do. "Hey hey, pretty, where are you goin'? Why don't we have some fun?" The man said, towering over his prey, looking down at her with feral brown eyes.

The young woman shook her head.

"Aw, don't be shy, pretty. Come closer."

She shook her head again and backed up.

"If you go that way, you'll just run into a wall, pretty."

She kept going, and her back hit the wall.

"See? Well, that makes it easier, I guess." He started to undo his belt buckle. The woman made like she was going to run past him, but he grabbed her and slammed her against the wall. "No escape, pretty." He clamped a hand over her mouth. "One sound out of you, and I'll crush your jaw. Got it, pretty?" He asked, knowing that at this hour, no one would hear her anyways.

The woman didn't move.

"Got it?!" He yelled, and slammed her head against the wall. Her eyes rolled back as she lost consciousness. "Good. More fun for me." He tore her pants and underwear off with no hesitation. He thrust into her almost lifeless body a dozen times before climaxing. Cleaning himself off with the woman's discarded underwear, he pulled his pants back on and sauntered out of the alley like nothing happened.

It was sometime later when the woman finally woke up. Her jaw was bruised from when he grabbed her. She looked down. There was a steady trickle of blood and something else flowing down her legs. She forced herself to her feet and staggered out of the alley, naked from the waist down. The morning rush hour traffic hadn't started yet, and the people who did drive past took no notice of her. She wandered blindly for a few blocks before coming upon a police station.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

"Man, I hate working this shift," Dee complained, as he stretched in his chair. He looked over at his partner, who, leaning on one arm of his chair, head back, seemed to be asleep. ~Score!~ Dee's mind shouted. He quietly got up and made his way over to Ryo. He leaned down and…

"Nice try, Dee."

Dee jumped. "Jesus, Ryo!"

"I was just thinking, and besides, it's not like I'd actually fall asleep on the job," Ryo said, rolling his eyes disgustedly.

"Yeah, well, I guess." Dee's eyes got (more) mischievous. He quickly leaned over again and captured Ryo's mouth with his.

"Mmph!" Ryo pushed Dee back. "Dee, stop it! What if someone sees us?"

"Is that your only problem? If it is, hell, let's go back to my place. No one will see us there."

Ryo just glared.

"Ooh, keep looking at me like that. You're really teaching me a lesson. Besides, we're pretty much the only ones here now anyways," Dee said, looking at his watch. It read 5:35 am. At least a half hour before everyone else came in.

"Our shift's almost over. Someone could still walk in."

As if on cue, in walked a woman, half naked, bruised and bleeding.

"Holy shit!" Dee yelled.

Both men stood up as she hobbled towards them. Ryo ran and caught her just as she pitched forward.

"Let's get her to the hospital!" Ryo said.

Dee grabbed their coats and headed for the door, just as Commissioner Rose was coming in.

"What's going on? Laytner!"

"Sorry, Rose. We're going to take a woman to the hospital. It looks like she's another victim. Good timing, though, you can hold the fort while we're gone!" Dee shouted as he hopped into Ryo's car.

They pulled up at the hospital about 15 minutes later. Doctors came and whisked the woman out of Ryo's arms and into an exam room.

"Think she'll be okay?" Dee asked.

"I hope so," Ryo said, looking down at his gloved hands, which were slightly bloodied. He pulled them off and tossed them into a trash can. "She was so light."

"Yeah, she looked almost like a homeless person. Maybe it's not the same guy? Homeless people don't fit his MO."

"I know, but…anyways, hopefully we get something we can work with."

Ryo and Dee waited in the hospital for an hour before the doctor found them.

"So? How is she?" Ryo asked him.

"Well, she was lucky if this was that serial rapist. No broken bones, just a bruised jaw and a minor concussion. There was some tearing around her vaginal area. We also managed to get a semen sample from her. It seems like this just happened."

"That's good. Maybe we'll be able to figure out who this creep is. What about her? Who is she?" Dee asked.

"Well, she didn't have an ID on her, so we'll have to do a DNA test or run her dental records. Either way, it's going to take about two or three weeks."

"Is she awake? We'd like to ask her some questions," Ryo said.

"Yes…but anything we tried to ask her went ignored. Maybe you'll do a better job."

Ryo and Dee walked into the woman's hospital room. Her eyes flickered towards them.

"Hello. I'm Detective Randy MacLean and this is my partner, Dee Laytner. We'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that okay?"

There was no response from the woman; she just kept looking at them, her icy blue eyes staring.

"Hey, you don't have to be afraid of us. We're going to try and find out who did this to you. Can you tell me your name?"

Silence.

"We're trying to help," Dee said.

More silence.

"Is she deaf?" Dee asked no one in particular.

The doctor walked in just then. "Gentlemen, could I see you outside for a moment?"

"What's up, doc?"

Ryo elbowed Dee in the side.

"What?"

"I did a little checking, and it seems that a woman matching her description was hospitalized for a rape about five years ago. He really messed her up. Put her in a coma for a month, during which she was intubated. Now, being intubated for that long can paralyze the vocal cords."

"That would explain her silence then," Ryo said.

"Is there anyway to get her to talk?"

"Well, she should have undergone some therapy, but I don't see any evidence of that in the file I found. Shortly after waking from the coma, she just walked out. She may be a runaway."

"Damn. Were they able to ID her?" Dee asked.

"No. They just called her `Jane'."

"Jane Doe."

DarkHorse says: Evidently, my computer doesn't think that "intubated" is a word. You guys know what that is right? That's the tube doctors stick down your throat to help you breathe. It can paralyze the vocal cords if left in too long; I don't know the exact amount of time that would take, but I'm not trying to be really scientific here. Thank God for "ER". ;-)

Also, (I know, I hate long author notes too, but I'm almost done) my stories are usually very dialog driven, so that may make them seem short. I'm working on that. This is actually the first two chapters combined into one.

All right, I'll shut up now.

Top of Form

Bottom of Form