Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Cursed One ❯ The Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter two The Mission

sorry about that last chapter, I didn't relize it would be that short. I'll try to make this one longer.

Disclaimer: I will never own any of it... except in my dreams...

"talking"
'thinking'
-Yoko talking to Kurama or Elyion talking to Chikuso-

_________________________________________________________ ____

"Your new mission is to find a soul-stealer by the name of Chikuso Tama-Touzoku." Koenma states gravely. Kurama's eyes widen and Hiei stares disbeliving at the toddler. "Who's that?" Botan asked, most surprisingly. "She is the most infamous soul-stealer ever. She is known and even feared throughout Makai and Reikai. No one crosses her path and lives to see another day." This came, most unusually, from Hiei. "Uh, yes thats correct..." stammers Koenma. "And you want to send Us after That!?!"roars Yusuke. "Why didn't you send us after her before? Like when she first came a year ago?"Kurama pointedly asks. Koenma twitches and says "Because now she seems to be unconscious which means you have a chance. She is in a forest not far from here and I'll open a portal there so you get there quicker." "Why doesn't Botan do it? She is here after all." asks Yusuke. "Because I can't use my powers, someone took them." Botan says sadly. "I'm so sorry... I didn't think of that." stuttered a shocked Yusuke. Before Yusuke says somthing else insulting, Koenma opens a portal and the rest of the Tantei drag him through it.

=========== In the forest ===========

"I can't believe you could be so heartless!" yells an outraged Kuwabara.

"Yeah, well how could I know?!" Yusuke yells back.

"One look at her spirit energy would have told you!"

"Not everyone can sense spirit energy like you!"

Kurama puts a hand over each Yusuke's and Kuwabara's mouth. "shut up. if we truly are hunting Her and She truly is asleep then lets not wake Her up." whispers Kurama. He removes his hands and they walk quickly, but very quietly, onwards into the forest.

"Hey guys I sense someone nearby." says Kuwabara, trying to be quiet. Kurama turns and seems to sniff the air. That assumption is proven correct when he says "The wind is coming in at the wrong direction, but I can definitely smell blood. A large amount and its just now clotting." Hiei walks off toward the source of the stench. "Hiei wait up!" yells Yusuke regardless of the stares like daggers from Kurama. Hiei barely glances back when Yusuke says this, he just continues down the path.

About five minutes later they come upon a girl leaning against a tree. Her eyes are closed and the black, metal-rimmed glasses are askew but it is obvious that she is still alve from the rise and fall of her chest. Her hair is black on top and grey on the bottom, and she is wearing a red t-shirt and her legs seem to be covered by a blue jacket stained with blood in some places. The group step closer to her, believing that she is sound asleep. This belief is shattered when her eyes snap open, revealing dark green orbs that look almost sad. "If you've come to take my soul gems, I'm afraid you're a little too late." she snaps in a voice racked with pain.

_____________________________________________

hope you like this one and please reveiw.