Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Cursed One ❯ Who is she? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter three: Who is she?

again sorry, I'll keep trying to make it longer.

Disclaimer: the only things I own are my characters, so please don't sue.

"talking"
'thinking'
-Elyion talking to Chikuso-

____________________________________________

"We don't want anything of yours." says a startled Kurama. 'what is she talking about? could she be Chikuso?' is the thought going through most of the groups minds. "We just sensed you here and decided to see if we could help.", " Well if you haven't come here for my gems than what? Surely on the border of Makai, travelers would want more than just to help a dieing ningen girl. So what is it?" her voice makes it clear that she means to insult. When no reply is given she snaps "Well? You can't be worried about me, like I said, I'm dieing. Soon enough gone for good, so what? No one will miss me." her tone meant to provoke a youkai into killing.

"Won't your family miss you?" asks a surprisingly calm Yusuke.

A flash of neon green runs through her eyes, imperceptible to anyone without sharp eyesight. "I have no family." she spits out that last word as one might a curse. Unbeknowest to the others someone says something in her mind -Elyion, what am I then if you have no family?- the voice has a distinct laughing quality. -You know damn well that you are my other soul, now stay out. I intend to die with dignity.- and with that the connection is broken.

"Very well as you seem to already think the worst... Do you know where the soul-thief Chikuso Tama-Touzoku is? We're looking for her really, not you." Hiei asks, rather impatiently. "Then you're in the wrong realm. She's not here right now." Kurama, taking advantage of the situation, then asks " Really? Do you know where we could find her? It's rather important we find her." The girl answers sharply, "No, and I don't want to know either. She's busy." the emphasis put on the word busy tells you just what kind of business it might be.

The spirit detectives talk quietly amongst themselves. "Do you think she might be Chikuso?" asks an anxious Kuwabara. "Maybe, that girl did fit the what we know of her." says Yusuke. "Do you think she would tell us if we asked?" asks Kuwabara. "Doubtful but it can't hurt to try." Says Kurama as he turns around to just that.

"Miss, are you, perhaps, Chikuso? Please don't lie." Kurama questions politely. In response the girl says scornfully "Do you really think that I am Chikuso? Well I'm not my name is Elyion. Elyion Anima-Clepta.", laughs bitterly. "How easily things change." she whispers. "Oh, then how do you know so much about the soul-stealer?" Hiei demands. "None of your business! I don't answer to little demons with big words and nothing to back it up with!" Elyion screams at him, perfectly aware that Hiei could well back up any death threats, and wishing that he would. 'That little human's going to die now.' Hiei thinks, unsheathing his katana to cut off her impudent head. "Hiei don't kill her she is just trying to provoke you. She's just a defenseless human." Kurama says, trying to placate him. "Thats right," she mocks "just a defenseless human, sitting here unable to protect myself. Unable to move and you can't even kill me." lifts sweater to reveal her mangled legs. "Poor, poor little demon. Too afraid to even kill a dying, defenseless, human girl." Elyion says as if she was talking to a baby.

Everyone is too replused by her mutilated limbs to say anything. Except for Hiei of course. "Well if you're already dying then why should I kill you? Would just be a waste of my time." Hiei re-sheaths his sword and smirks. Kurama regains the power of speech to say "Who did this to you? Is this why you're dying?" Kurama moves to take a step towards her. "Keep away from me unless you are going to kill me." Kurama stops " And no this is not whats going to kill me."

______________________________________________

I think this one might be longer. Sorry it took so long, my muse went on hiatus. please reveiw.