Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Son Rises ❯ The Legend of the Ivory Zoid ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Humans can't even begin to comprehend the power an organoid gives to a Zoid. It was a mystery how the fusion took place and how the enhancements worked. Scientists had theories about it, and the few select pilots that had the pleasure of owning an organoid only accepted it as a fact of life.

Angel pondered over the relationship between a Zoid and an organoid. Wherever she went she inquired about an ivory Zoid. Most people asked her why that particular color? What was so special about it? Her usual reply was, "Magic."

Jaq's business had to be handled delicately. It was hard to take in new clients, so she usually relied on references from former associates. To break the ice, she told the story of a very powerful Zoid with the benefit of a permanently fused organoid. Her clients would practically drool over the endless possibilities of its power. With that, she usually sealed the deal.

Even though the Ice Daggers were no longer together, they still had one common goal: to find the Liger Zero. Each of them spread the legend of the ivory Zoid wherever they went. Some didn't even believe the story; others started their own search for this fantastic Zoid.

Bit was playing in the Zoids hangar with his father. He told Bit all the information he could about each Zoid they owned. Ivan saw the boy's face as he looked at the Liger.

"You must miss your father very much, son." He had discussed telling Bit about his real mother with his wife, but Erica felt it best if they kept his real parents a secret.

"Let me take you up into the cockpit. What do you say?" The little boy smiled and was thrilled playing with the controls.

"Take it easy! You have to log on first, then you can control the Zoid."

Ivan reached down to log on for Bit, but the boy beat him to it. The man was stunned that Bit knew what to do, but he passed it off as a coincidence.

Erica stood in front of the Liger and waited for her husband and new son to come down. "I think there's something we need to discuss." Her serious tone made Bit stop smiling.

She noticed how Bit reacted to what she said, so she tried to cover it up by carrying him to his room. She laid him down in his bed and began to tell him story. Soon, he nodded off to sleep.

Ivan was standing in the doorway the whole time. He felt that his wife made such a wonderful mother. They finally had everything they always wanted. They didn't want for anything, they owned a beautiful home, and now they had a son.

His wife eyes made him come back to reality.

"What is it?" He whispered softly.

"I received another call from a Zoids dealer, wondering if we knew anything about a white Liger."

"That's the third one in a month. What could they possibly want with the Liger Zero? It doesn't even have any weapons."

The couple walked downstairs to the living room. Erica sat on the couch with her husband next to her. "I'm really worried, honey."

"Don't be! The only people that know that we have that Zoid are Bit, Moonbay, the staff, and us. I trust our staff completely, so we have nothing to worry about."

"I think it's very important that we keep it that way. For some reason, a lot of people are showing interest in the Liger. It might have something to do with Bit's father's debts. I also feel it's important that Bit have something from his past. He'll grow up and hopefully pilot that Zoid."

Erica had a pleasant dream that night. Bit was a grown man and travelled the world piloting the Liger Zero. The two were great partners, and everywhere he went, he helped people. In short, it was exactly what she hoped for him. What she woke up to, though, was a nightmare.

A fire had broken out in the Zoids hangar. She looked in horror out the window as the scene unfolded. Her husband was out there, along with the mechanic, trying to get it under control. She kept hearing something in the distance, but couldn't quite make out the sound. At first, she thought it was engines, like firefighters coming to help them. No, it wasn't firefighters. There was another sound that she knew she recognized.

Through the smoke, she finally made out some images. Rev Raptors were firing at the back entrance to the hangar. The roof was collapsing, and it finally hit her what she had been hearing.

The Liger Zero was roaring and frantically shaking off its attackers--a pair of Dark Horns. "That's not possible! There's no pilot!" She couldn't believe anything she saw.

Just then, she thought of Bit. She raced out of her room and into his. Bit was sitting up in his bed, not doing anything, but just sitting there. His big green eyes looked directly into hers. She started to say something, but stopped, and for a moment, they just stared at each other.

A warm feeling washed over her entire body as she held Bit in her arms. "There really is something special about that Liger, huh?"

Bit's eyes looked like they were growing deeper in color as he continued to stare.

"You and the Liger Zero must not be separated. One day, you will be reunited, my son." Erica didn't even realize she was speaking; the words seemed to come from some place else.

He nodded his head, as he drifted off to sleep again.

Even though the Liger Zero would go through many different owners, he would be reunited with Van Freiheit's son.