Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Son Rises ❯ Silent Regrets ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sixteen years passed, and Bit and the Liger Zero have won the Royal Cup Tournament. He made a promise to the Liger to start an adventure. However, there was one person not happy with this decision.

"Hey Bit, Doc says we're all going on vacation, do you want to come with us?" Jamie entered Bit's room as he was packing his things.

"What are you doing?"

"What I've always wanted to do. Me and the Liger are going off by ourselves for a while."

"Did you tell Doc about this?"

"Winning the Royal Cup tournament erased the debt I owed to him, so now I'm free to leave. At least that was my understanding."

Jamie looked at Bit puzzled. There was something different about him. He seemed to have matured a lot over the past year. He improved his piloting skills, his bond with the Liger Zero, and even seemed less cocky than before.

"I hate to see you go, man. The Blitz Team just won't be the same."

Bit smiled at the young tactician. "I know we'll meet again. Maybe even in the next tournament."

"Did you know Brad's leaving us, too?"

"Does it surprise you? Him and Naomi made an agreement while me and Leon were fighting. They're going to join forces-in more than one way."

"No, I'm not surprised by it, but still. It just seems like everything is changing."

"What's changing?" Leena was walking by Bit's room but stopped when she heard Jamie's comment.

"Guess I better be going. I'll see you around, Bit."

"Yeah, I'll see you sooner or later."

Bit grabbed his bag and was headed to the Zoid's hangar. Leena wouldn't get out of his way.

"What's going on, Bit?"

"Do you mind getting out of the way, Leena?"

"Not until you answer my question."

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm taking off for a while with the Liger."

She was stunned, but tried to hide it from Bit.

"Where will you go?"

"What's it matter to you?"
"Why do you always have to be such a jerk?"

Now it was Bit's turn to be stunned. He set his bag down and crossed his arms. He looked down at Leena as she did the same thing.

"Why are you so nosey?"

"You're impossible Bit Cloud! Goodbye!"

"Fine by me, you little brat." Bit was surprised at the harshness of his own thought.

He gathered his things to go again after Leena stormed down the hall. He finally made it to the Liger Zero.

"Well partner, where are we off to now?"

"Were you planning on saying bye to me?" Doc appeared from behind the Liger.

"Doc! Didn't see you there, what are you doing?"

"Making a final inspection of the repairs to your Zoid. I was wondering what you planned on doing now, but I guess I all ready know the answer."

"It's got nothing to do with how I feel about the Blitz Team, you guys are like a second family. I thought it be best if me and the Liger did something on our own."

"I see. Do you even know where to start?"

Bit shrugged his shoulders, "Wherever the Liger decides to go is fine by me."

"I'll make you a deal, Bit. Stay one more day and then I'll release ownership of the Liger to you. Okay?"

Bit had forgotten that Doc was still the rightful owner of the Liger Zero. He was the pilot and they shared a special bond, but he still needed ownership to be able to leave.

"Sounds fair, and there's no catch this time, right?"

Doc chuckled, "Not this time."

Leon watched his father and Bit talk from above the room. He heard a door open and shut from behind him, but didn't see anybody. "That's strange."

He raced over to the door and saw a girl hurrying down the corridor. "Hey, Leena! Wait up!"

She pretended not to hear him as she approached her room. He caught up to her just as she was about to shut the door.

"What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing, big brother, why do you ask?" Her voice was unsteady, and he knew something was wrong.

"Mind if I come in?"

She finally looked up to him with tears in her eyes. "Might as well."

Leon was the only person that ever saw his sister cry. Even their father thought she was invincible, because she never cried in front of him.

"Are you upset that Bit is leaving?"

She wanted to yell no and tell him that was ridiculous, but she couldn't speak the words.

"I'll take that as a yes. Why didn't you ever tell Bit how you felt?"

"Because I don't even know how I feel," her voice was stable now as she spoke to her brother, "and I sure as hell don't know how he feels. I don't want to look stupid, and I definitely don't want to get hurt. Bit is so confusing. Sometimes we can have a normal conversation, but most of the time we end up yelling at each other. I hate fighting with him, but it seems like that's the only way we can communicate with each other."

"You're exactly right, Leena." Her brother sat down next to her on the bed.

"What?"

"You fight so often because you don't know to communicate with each other. You and Bit are great pilots, and over the past year, you both have improved considerably. But, he still has a lot to learn, and so do you."

She opened her mouth to speak, but didn't know what to say.

"I'm saying you could learn a lot from each other. Bit understands the importance of the relationship between the pilot and the Zoid. Now, they want take off on their own. Maybe they have room for one more person."

He took out a flyer he had in his back pocket. "Here, I want you to take a look at this."

She read the flyer, "How did you get this?"

"It comes to all the pilots that made it past the first round at the Royal Cup Tournament. If you would have checked your messages, you would have seen the same thing."

Leena walked over to her computer and checked for messages. The same flyer that Leon had was there.

"The Guardian Force is looking for new cadets to train. If you're interested, all you have to do is contact one of the following colonels."

She looked at her screen and called out the names, "Colonel Van Freiheit, Fiona Freiheit, or Colonel Thomas Schubaltz. Report to Guardian Force headquarters for an interview. Who are these people, Leon?"

He looked at his sister in surprise, "You never did pay attention in history or government, did you?

She punched her brother in the arm, "I know the Guardian Force created the Zoids Battle Commission. I remember hearing something about a fierce fight between the GF and some guy."

Leon hung his head down and let out a deep sigh. "That wasn't just some fight with some guy, Leena. The GF defeated the Deathsaur and Prozen, the Death Stinger, and finally the Ultimate Deathsaur and Hiltz. It wasn't an easy task; it took them years to finally bring peace to Zi. Colonel Freiheit is legendary among Blade Liger pilots. His skills are unmatched. Fiona is his wife, and she aided him throughout his journey. Colonel Schubaltz, along with his wife Catherine, created artificial intelligent units to accompany the members of the Guardian Force. They have the most advanced technology, easily surpassing the Backdraft group."

She was amazed at all the information, "Are you saying I should try out for the Guardian Force?"

"If you want to improve as a pilot, it'd be worth your time. Besides," he had a sly grin on his face, "I was going to give the same information to Bit. I think he'll find it most intriguing."

She smiled as she finally caught on to what Leon was doing. "Thanks, big brother."

Leon took off to find Bit, and he found him with the Liger Zero.

"I heard the big hero is leaving. I thought I'd catch up with you before you left."

He handed Bit the same paper he showed Leena and began explaining what it meant.