Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Two Pirates ❯ Initiation ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Here is another chapter. The fanfic was started a year ago and as of recently, I’ve been writing on this fanfic non-stop. I’m glad all of you like it so far.

Please be kind! This is my first fanfic.

I I I

A Tale of Two Pirates

Chapter 2: Initiation

I I I

Coleen felt herself being thrown unsympathetically down onto the icy, firm ground. Though she was blind folded, she could sense more then one person around her, and could hear the evil laughing of men.

“Look vhat ve caught! Isn’t she perty?” She heard a profound voice intone.

“Yeah, I wonder what we’re supposed to do with her, since we caught her and all.” A shrill voice rang out.

“Vell, ve should leave her to the captain.” The other voice responded.

The mass of talking continued. Among them was a voice with an intense accent. It was a physically powerful and young voice, which was very conceited and egotistical in tone.

She listened closely to that particular voice.

Why did it sound so familiar?

She had once known someone with an accent exactly like that.

A flashback ran through her head of an event which happened long ago.

Two children stood at the edge of an ocean. The sand and all surroundings were illuminated with the orange tint of the sun as it set in the horizon.

There was a male and female child, standing there in bathing suits. The female child was standing shyly, and the male child was holding her hand with both of his.

“Sorry I can’t stay much longer, but I have to go and plunder! I am going to become a pirate. Just you wait and look-see.”

The female’s blue eyes shone with sadness and she didn’t say a word.

“When I’m a pirate, I’ll come back and take you with me. We shall plunder to-gether!” The male child stuck a brown finger into the air dramatically.

“Promise?” The female asked, coming out of her façade of sadness.

“I promise.” The male child replied, giving the female a small hug, then waved and ran off into the sunset, never to be seen again.

“What’s with the get together-type group men?” The figure asked non chalantly as he made his way through the crowd of air pirates, shoving them aside out of his way.

“Ve haf a prisoner.” The burly one known as Dumptruck spoke.

The blue clad figure leveled him with a glare. “I can see that.”

He finally spied Coleen lying on the ground. “Well, let’s have a look-see at this.”

“And you are?” The vixen asked, surly.

The figure looked shocked that she didn’t know who he was. “Who…am…I? I am only the eighth plundering wonder of the world. Don Karnage!”

“Don what?” The blonde asked, shocked at the name she had heard.

“What do you mean Don what? Have you lost hearing of the ears? I said I am Don Karnage!” The pirate replied loudly and impatiently.

“Karnage…You mean Don Garbage!” She narrowed her eyes, finding out who she thought he was.

“What?” Don was beginning to get angry. “Who are you to call me Garbage, you common type person!”

‘He doesn’t remember…Does he?’

She sighed. “Look, if you untie me, I’ll do anything you want. “ Coleen replied in defeat.

“Wait a minuet!” The lanky one protested.

Coleen gave him a glare.

“Ahhh!” Mad Dog shrank back.

“And why should we give you a chance?” He asked suspiciously.

“Because I’m a pirate just like you.” The vixen replied. “I’m an independent pirate who’s been on a mission for a long time. I was going to hijack that plane, but you decided to take the work off of my hands by doing it for me. On a small task like this, I can see that you have great potential. I’d like to join up with you, so we can plunder together.”

“Potential? She thinks we have potential?” Mad Dog replied.

“Tat’s the nicest comment that anyone’s ever made about us.” Dumptruck said, looking a bit flattered.

“You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?” Don replied. “In order to be compared with the great Don Karnage, you must first pass the initiation!”

“Initiation?” Coleen wondered.

“Initiation?” The lanky one asked, as if he didn’t know that they even had initiations.

“You’ll have to prove yourself worthy.”

“I can do that. I’ll pass all of your tests, no matter what you throw at me. “

‘Plus, if you are who I think you are, then I’d be happy to be on your crew.’ Coleen thought to herself.

‘Why do I feel as if I’ve known her from some where…But I cannot figure out what place, time or year? I’ll have to keep my sights on her. Though I am wondering why I have a strange trust in her. Funny…I’ve never trusted anyone, not even my own men…’ Don thought as he could hear a thunderous clank followed by Mad Dog’s whiny as usual voice echo through the halls of the Iron Vulture.

“Oooowwww! Hey watch it Ratchet! That was almost my head!”

“Don’t fool around men! Those planes must be working in tippity-top shape!”

He then turned to Coleen and drew his sword, the blade radiant in the lighting. There was a snip of the ropes and she was cut free.

“You’re letting me free?” Coleen asked.

“Of course.” The pirate turned his back to Coleen and looked over his shoulder. “You are a pirate, which makes you worth something. But I warn you, one false move and…” He made the slitting of the throat motion with his sword to his neck.

“Understood.” She established.

“I am going to the captain’s quarters; see if you can help the others repair the ships. I have some things to address face to face.” Don replied to he walked off down the hall, looking quite lost in thought.

“Oh great. I don’t know the first thing about airplanes.” The blonde huffed. “At least he let me free. Don Karnage….Don Karnage…”

A flashback of the smiling male child, whom in which she was on the beach with ran through her head.

‘Why does he seem so familiar? He couldn’t be the one from my past…Could he?’

She looked back and walked for a while, until she ran into something that seemed like a brick wall. She ran into it and fell flat on her bottom.

“Hey. Watch where you’re going.” Coleen advised.

“Sorry…Vait! Your that Prisoner!” Dumptruck replied, noticing that she was walking around unattended.

“The captain cut me free and told me that I should help out fixing the planes. I suppose this is part of my initiation.”

“So, yer going to become an air pirate?”

“Its better then being lonely.” She noted. “Could you show me where you keep the planes?”

“Sure.”

“So, what do you call this massive ship?”

“The Iron Vulture. It’s our home base.” The strongly built one explained.

“I see. So you all maintain the planes?”

“Ve do whatever Don Karnage tells us to. He is the captain after all.”

“So, you’re going to teach me how to fix a plane, right?” Coleen asked.

TBC

A/N: I hope I got this in character. It’s been a while since I’ve seen the series, and I’ve been reading fanfiction to go with it and working from memory.

Please R&R and tell me what you all think!