Fan Fiction ❯ Beausford Bobcats Upgrade ❯ B.O.O & failed protection ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Slasher!!! (The Bobcats upgrade)

Author: J'dee and Krista…

Rating: NC-13 (offensive language)

Genre: Drama?? / Angst?? / Humour?? / Music?? / Horror??

Author's Note: Wow I got told this is going to be a new addiction for my fic followers how neat!! And I have to say the naked man who wanders round and pats the cows was Krista's idea completely!!!

Disclaimer: I own the main characters they are my creation!! Don't steal… But they are based off real people fellow authors in fact. It's just some of the names of them are my creation, like Duffy. I got called that once…

This is a list of the authors/friends so far the their character's names so they know.

Huntaya - DA, Raquel - Jeril, Duffy - BananaGirl, Steve - S'rac, Tessa - TRF, Annette DeathStorm, Deirdre - StinaChan, Isobel - Sayuri, Lucas - Joe, Vice - Deathdroid, Tony - Chaos Prince, Eliza - Cara Jean, Dana-Jo - Raine, Alesha - Steggi/Ellie, Keiko - Paige (yeah girl I have to have another Yamcha fan in this fic!!), Jasmine - Me, Catherine - Mabelle, Saint - Tobias, Jermaine - Boy, Lamont - AlphaOmega, Ricky - Seisetsu, Jer - Blade, Merrin - Arty.

Chapter Two

B.O.O & Failed Protection

***3***

The Astle Residence

Lucas and Jasmine Astle shared the house that their parents bought. Their father always home unlike the unwise actions of the other Beausford parents. The Astle kids were never home alone although their mother was always out of town on business.

Lucas was Jasmine's half brother, she was two years old when her father married Lucas' mother and a year later Lucas was born, she didn't remember her real mother, but all she knew was that she looked like her mother. As far as Jasmine was concerned he was her brother. Lucas' mother was a good woman, but she made her beliefs very well clear, through out the entire household.

Jasmine for extra money preferred to get out of the house and baby-sit Steve's younger sister, since Steve was always late home from school and Darcy was off doing the private tutoring thing. This day though Jasmine had no babysitting so she'd spent some time with Lucas hanging out at Keb's Corner. Now she was home watching Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network. Though the memory of Robbie Pines the owner of Keb's Corner and his telling Steve off was still in her mind making her smile. Steve was such a goof at times; he could be really smart… when he wanted to be.

The channel changes and Jasmine looked behind her as Lucas held the remote and she banged her head against the floor, younger siblings… really. She looked up at the other anime of another lot of school kids saving the world. Jasmine raised an eyebrow. If the world depended so much on children saving the world, why wasn't there any kids handling the likes of Afghanistan and all that terrorist stuff happening round? It was completely unreal and certain children based animes drove her insane where it was chibi anime characters saving the world and this was one of them.

"Not another one of these things." She complained.

"Chibi Trunks wants to watch it." Lucas remarked Jasmine jumped up and grabbed the remote from him. "Well Chibi Goten was watching Gundam Wing."

"It's a repeat you've seen it before." Lucas argued.

"No I haven't…" Jasmine argued back.

"C'mon sis you're a lousy liar."

Jasmine frowned. Lucas was right she was but still she'd been watching it.

"Besides everyone knows that Trowa fantasies Quatre not Heero."

"Liar!!"

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Saint's here anyway so you're not going to be watching it for long." He added, then grumbled to himself and left taking the remote with him.

There were few Lucas actually acknowledged and accepted as friends Steve and Isobel and Deirdre were three but Steve in public got the hassles and in private it wasn't so bad, just some light hearted teasing. Mainly to pull him back down to earth from the obsessiveness that Steve had for Kuno.

Jasmine looked up from the floor as Saint entered. "You ready?" He asked.

"I'm going somewhere?" Jasmine looked up at him trying to remember if she was going anywhere, but nothing was coming to her mind.

"Yes. We have that thing by the docks." Saint replied.

"Thing what thing?" Lucas asked sticking his head in the door.

Jasmine nodded remembering the teenage night out, of hide and drink at the docks. "Oh yeah! That thing I remember now." She replied.

"So you ready?" Saint asked again.

Jasmine looked down at the clothes she wore. "I'm female I'm never ready."

"Oy…." Saint slapped his forehead.

"But lets go!" Jasmine jumped up and waved to Lucas and left with Saint without so much as a touch up on her makeup… but then again she had a makeup kit forever stored on her, it was almost as bad as Derek Zoolander.

Lucas shrugged and wandered down the hallway to the other lounge where the X-box and PS2 were in the games room and decided he wanted to play games instead of watch TV.

Saint's car could he heard as it pulled out of the drive with a roar and speed off down the street hurriedly.

"He'll get pulled over again." Lucas remarked as he picked up the game controller for the PS2.

Few wish to change

But change is for the better

The clock moves forward

For a new time setter

Phillip Manning sat at the head of the table his gaze on the board members of B.O.O, two of them none other than Beausford watchers Kenneth Leigh and Thomas Osborne. The others a few other who were just there to help out with the curse and preventing it's harm from spreading any further than it needed to go.

"A deal has been made. We must protect our children and our children's children. They need to move on with their lives. So in doing do I have invoked Anubis and Ammut to appear at the docks tonight where we will meet to discuss the next step of where to take the curse and how to protect the innocent from the next generation of the undead that roams this town."

There were hushed whispers as the other members of B.O.O talked among themselves for a few seconds.

"My husband is right. The curse of Beausford was to of been for seven years ever sixteen years, but instead it's been knocked off it's due time, instead of being every sixteen years it come every seventeen years and then is running on it's ninth year as we speak. Something must be done before there is no next generation." Baroness Rachel Manning spoke up over the hushed whispers.

Members of B.O.O looked at the Baroness carefully and wearily, all this talk of fighting the evil and striking deals with the gods who placed the curse on the town was fair enough but actually going out there and doing it. There were only a handful of members of the team of twenty members of B.O.O that would actually do that.

"The point is we must have a safe amount of people at the docks for this meeting to cover the four corners and more in case we need to use magick to further the assistance Anubis and Ammut will give us." Kenneth Leigh spoke up getting the attention of the board members.

Tae Khim nodded. "I'll go."

"This meeting is for the few who wish to help to come forward and voice themselves." Phillip remarked taking on the gazes of the other members who had not yet spoken up.

The door to the boardroom opened and in stepped Shivam Singh he nodded and spoke his apologies before taking his usual seat at the table. "I'm terribly sorry the training of my chosen one was extended a bit later than expected." A few of the members rolled their eyes after all Singh was well known for his intensive training of the chosen one. "And I was feeding my cousin." He added with an animated sigh.

"Welcome Shivam." Phillip said smiling. No matter what the other board members thought of Singh Phillip disregarded because Singh was one of the best Watchers B.O.O had on their side.

"Rajnan is eating outside and will be with us in a moment." Singh remarked.

Phillip sweatdropped knowing quite well Rajnan Naryan's eating capabilities. For a Hindu priest he was one of the most unique with the biggest appetite almost enough to rival any anime character, so long as it was all within religious means.

"Well since the rest of this loser board is to fuckin' scared I'll go." Thomas Osborne growled and shot glares at everyone else. He was known to be so grumpy that he scared even the other law lecturers at the local university. "I for one am not impressed what those stupid fucks you call Gods have done so far."

"Okay Tom but please do not address Anubis and Ammut in such a manner." Phillip sighed. Osborne's attitude was left over from when he was a Colonel in the army and he had this 'shot first ask questions later, because in Beausford nothing truly dies' attitude. But what he was famous for was actually throwing books at people. The unlucky victims were those who fell asleep in his lectures or were talking and being ex-military his aim was spot on.

"I'll contact Hunter and get him to come." The watchers of B.O.O looked to the door as Rajnan's voice interrupted their meeting. He grinned and dropped several containers of Vegetarian chow mien in to the rubbish bin.

Understand we move forward not back

It's nice to hear an old song on a new track

The past doesn't die, but it's there for us

To remember to learn in time we do trust

The hunter waited outside the house of the fifteen year old girl. Her family had left two minutes ago with her grandmother, taking her back off home the next town over; it was only a two-hour drive one way to San Clemente anyway.

The teenager's music was blaring loudly from a stereo obviously located in the lounge. The girl's silhouette wandered through the house at first what seemed like aimlessly. Until the hunter noticed a pattern that she was locking the windows and closing the curtains, the hunter watched her fiddle with one window the hardest and after five minutes gave up and it swung open again. From there she grabbed the phone and made a few typical teenage phone calls that seemed to last hours but at the most it was only one hour, about an hour and a half. When she hung up she turned the stereo up more and headed to the bathroom starting the shower up. This time the music was more upbeat than the annoying previous Backstreet Boys track. This time it was Tatu with that song 'all the things you said'.

The hunter took the cue and went up to the broken window and tested out how big the window was, realising that the size was too small for a human the hunter headed back up the drive to the main door and tried the handle. The door was obviously locked. The family ca rushed past the legs and then in through the small window. The hunter ignored the animal and pulled out a lock picking kit from under the cover of the dark jacket the hunter wore. It was mere seconds and the lock make a light 'click' sound and the door opened. The hunter didn't hesitate and was in the house shutting the door behind.

The family cat was scratching at the door of the room it was shut in, then did the typical family cat trick and leapt up putting all it's weight on tot eh door handle and making the door open, from there it slinked through the small gap the door proved and out in to the hallway to warn it's family member that was in danger. The door shut after it a door with a clear sign on the front reading 'Charity'.

The future is unclear

But do we really care?

The moment that matter

Are now not the latter

"To our last year." The toast was announced and Roman Harper and Able Cotton clinked beer cans. Saint Lyon raised an eyebrow at the two of them as they suddenly cracked up laughing and fell over, both of them unconscious and on to the pile of beer cans they already had going.

"Someone can't handle their alcohol." Shivani remarked smirking.

"That's gunna give them some back problems in the morning." Jasmine added. Jasmine pulled out the bottle of vodka and poured it in to a cup and added some orange juice to it and offered the cup to Shivani. "Thirsty Vani?" She asked.

"Why the heck not, my sister married a white guy so I should be able to drink."

Saint smirked. "That's not your first ever alcoholic drink is it Vani?" He asked teasingly.

Shivani rolled her eyes. "For your information I was christened in beer, by my older brother." She retorted.

"Now that's sweet." Jasmine giggled.

"But after that?"

"What? No! I'm insulted. Really Saint you don't know me very well do you?"

Jasmine snickered. The teens were hidden behind some frigate boxes from the U.S.S Kennedy. The Frigate was in dock, for the frigate commander was on shore leave visiting his daughter Kate MacCallum, and her fiancé Colin Manning.

Voices attracted their attention and the three teens peered over the boxes to See Lucien one of Jefferson McCallum's sailors getting out of a car and given a large duffle bag by men in suits. Men that looked like people out one of those marfia like movies close to Casino or Godfather or something along that line.

"Okay Lucien, you know what to do with that bag." The main voice spoke.

"Sur do boss, wait to we set sail, chop it up and throw it overboard and make it shark feed." Lucien replied.

"Good. This place really needs a dessert round here that ocean is going to get to small shortly with the bad business we got going on in this town." The main voice remarked.

Lucien shrugged. "Doesn't bother me, if ya can't bury them, then feed them to others."

"Well off you go, don't botch this."

"I never do." Lucien headed onboard the frigate and the main voice went silent.

The other headed back to their cars and then drove off quickly.

"Marfia I knew it!" Shivani remarked.

"Yes Nickie." Jasmine drooled sarcastically.

Shivani turned round and so did Saint and they went back to doing their drink binging while Jasmine kept staring over the boxes watching the space where the men in expensive suits and flash cars had been, even though they were probably now long gone.

But her instincts that said someone else was coming proved to be right when five minutes later a taxi pulled up it's speakers blaring out the sounds of 'Elevation' by U2.

Marcus the Irish cabbie stepped out, he leant up against his cab, it looked like he was waiting for someone a ride perhaps?

"Heh… okay… MOM!!" Shivani fell over laughing.

"I'm not your mother." Saint's voice could be heard.

Jasmine sighted and she shook her head, they were obviously discovered now.

Marcus looked over directly at them where they were hidden; it was like his eyes could see right through the boxes.

"Seems ta be some company Ammut ol' girl." Marcus remarked to his cab. "Could be ta answer ta thee watcher's fears, what'd ya t'ink?"

A grumble was heard followed by the rumble of the cab's engine.

Jasmine looked behind her ready to tell Shivani and Saint what she saw. But Shivani was lying on the ground with Able and Roman sleeping. Aint was gone.

"Damnit Saint." Jasmine muttered angrily. She looked over the boxes to see Saint had moved in front of the boxes and was giving a staring match straight at the Irish cabbie.

"Why hallo t'ere lad. Need a lift anywhere?"

"Nah I'm fine." Saint crossed his arms and smirked at the cabbie driver. "What about you Jazz?" He asked. Jasmine groaned and slapped her forehead from where she was hiding.

"'Tis okay lass, really. Ye teenagers and ya'r drinking is ya own t'ing. But ya two have some inner powers to naught fall asleep like ya companions."

Jasmine stood up suddenly and Saint looked at the cabbie with disbelief.

"You expect us to believe that you put them to sleep from all the way over there? Without even moving a muscle?" Saint laughed. "I don't believe you."

"All ta do with ta energy within lad." The cabbie replied.

"You're no ordinary cabbie are you?" Jasmine queried.

"Ya be right t'ere lass, for t'at ye and ya buddy shall git a lil' somet'ing special from me. An awakinging of sorts ya might say. Trust me, ye be needing t'is. For what I'm gunna give ye, ye could use or ye won't last ta long in t'is 'ere town."

Time heals old wounds now that's not a lie

It's the thing that stays the sae and doesn't die

Music people and cities change with the flow

But time moves us forward steadily we go

The sounds of rushing water filled the hunter's ears. It was obviously the prey was in the shower now and her voice filled the air as she sang along with the annoying 'pop' music she had put in to the stereo. The hunter waited as perfect as the moment seemed the hunter knew that the shower scene had been done plenty of times.

When Charity left the shower she towelled herself off and wrapped a towel round her wet hair turban style and then another round her body and headed out in to the hallway. She stopped by the window in the hallway wondering why or how she had forgotten to close the curtain and she looked out in to the darkness that the night now provided.

Then out of nowhere a face greeted her at the window and she let out a scream then slapped her forehead as she saw Steve there and he started blowing blowfish faces on the window.

"Steve!!" She scolded and he stopped and looked at her and grinned. "Don't you have a home?" She asked holding the towel round her tighter.

Steve laughed making Charity frown at him. "Nope you know me always homeless and wandering where ever there is food."

"The front door is locked let me get the key and unlock it and you can come inside."

"May this be a lesson to you Charity. The dullness of the fool is the westone of the wits." Steve quoted.

"No more Kuno." She glared at him.

"Awwww…" Steve pouted.

"Steve." She took on her warning tone.

"How about food?" He asked hopefully.

"Fine go eat."

"Alright." He went to leave then stopped. "Any food in your house?"

Charity sighed. "Yes."

Steve gave her what she had labelled Son Goku eyes (TM), which was close enough to what was classed as puppy dog eyes in their town. "Char…" He begged.

"Fine come in and eat. Just let me get the key."

"Sweet!" Steve ran off to the front door.

Steve stopped as he saw the front door and knowing Charity would grab her bathrobe before she grabbed the keys he decided to try his luck and turn the door handle he blinked as the door swung open.

"Wow that was quick." He remarked stepping inside and checking the back of the door to see that no keys were in the back of the door. "Or not." He added.

"Hold on I'll be right there. I just gotta grab the key." He heard Charity call out.

Steve rubbed the back of his neck. "Wow odd." He looked under the chair. "No one hiding there." He remarked. He then lifted up the pot plant looking underneath that. "Or there. Hmmm I should check their fridge just in case." He added to himself.

There were footsteps in the hallway that he knew were not Charity's they sounded much more heavier, as if the person were wearing boots. "It was just a movie." He told himself. The whole reason he was round at Charity's was to tell her about the latest horror he'd seen and enjoyed in full depth, except the part of leaving the cinema after dark and having his little sister hiding round a corner trying to scare him then every chance he wasn't paying attention scaring him again and again. Eventually he'd gotten tired of it and told his dad to drop him off at Charity's for a few hours.

The footsteps got stronger and Steve frowned and the door opened and he saw a darkly dressed figure enter the hallway. "Who are you?" Steve asked and looked at the figure with suspicion, part of him hoped Charity would pull off the black balaclava and reveal her face, but he knew her to well she'd just washed her hair and as if she wanted it to me even more crumbled under the balaclava, plus he knew she didn't have one of them.

Charity then walked through the door wearing her white bathrobe and her hair still wrapped up in the turban style. She stopped and looked at the intruder then at Steve. "I know you said you were going to go and see that horror but you know how I feel about those things and you reinacting scenes from them, it's bad enough when you run around going 'da da da da da da da da da da da…' reinacting Kuno's one-thousand strikes."

The intruder sweatdropped and looked at Steve.

"So…" Charity continued. "You can tell your little buddy here to leave, who is it under that mask, wait, it's Tony right?"

Steve shrugged. "Uhhh…"

"Christian right? Oh it's Lucas isn't it? Only he'd be in on one of these things."

"Charity he was here when I got here, in fact the door was opened so I'm guessing he was trying to robe you or something." Steve scratched his head.

"Like no way." Charity remarked and grabbed a rolled up newspaper and hit the intruder over the head with it. "You are not robbing us mister!"

Steve cringed, when mad Charity wasn't one to mess with, she was as aggressive as Chi-chi from DBZ except without the frying pan, she just grabbed whatever was round. Though it did look pretty comical the robber being clobbered over the head with a newspaper.

"Say what he's one of your friends not mine?" Steve asked.

Charity growled and hit the robber harder and the robber held on to their head protecting it against the violent attacks of the newspaper harpy.

"There is no way I have never seen this person before."

"Uh they're still wearing the balaclava thing, so you don't know until you remove it."

The Hunter was obviously getting rather frustrate with the teenagers. Because there was a sudden frustrated cry. "Aaarrrggghhh! You little brat stop that! I'm not robbing you!"

Charity stopped and looked at the hunter. "Then how did you get in here without any key huh? People who just break and enter only do it for two reasons. One; to rob people and two; to kill peop.." She stopped and looked at the hunter and began beating the hunter over the head again with the newspaper. "What did I do yo you huh? Why do you want me dead?! Well I'm not that hard to kill you, you, you… er-" She stopped unsure on what to kill the hunter, after all he hadn't made any attempt on her life yet, and had showed no signs of trying to so that put but the her calling him a murderer or even attempted murderer. "Strange person." She finally concluded. Sure it wasn't a very graceful come back, but it would have to do until he / she / it felt the true wrath of the newspaper.

The hunter growled. 'Kids these days.' Was the thought that passed through the mind of the hunter. Finally sick of the newspaper, the hunter pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Steve. "Stop that!!! Or he dies!"

'Well I guess now I can call him attempted murderer.' Charity thought. "Fine." She remarked out-loud but still her voice showed no sign of fear it was filled with anger. She crossed her arms stubbornly, the newspaper tucked in between them.

The hunter smirked and looked at Steve. "This is the part where you're suppose to die."

"That's a cliché line." Steve remarked. "I'm sure that was used in the Mortal Kombat movie by Johnny Cage."

The gun suddenly went off and Steve was flung back and he hit the wall with a loud thump and Charity blinked and looked at the intruder.

"What did you do that for?!" She shouted at him.

He turned on her the gun pointing in her direction. "This is the part where you're suppose to run." He suddenly seemed to be into the whole killer role now.

"Steve." She breathed looking at where he lay on the ground.

"You JERK! What did you do that for?!" She shouted at the intruder.

He cocked the gun. "Run or it's you next."

There was sudden silence now as the CD flicked over and the sound as the CD changing was heard with a few clicks, then a new track started up. The intruder grabbed the stereo remote and cranked it up and Charity new that there was seriousness behind it.

What can I say to tell the truth?

Don't give up, don't go astray,

All I want to do is live,

And for time to continue in it's own way

Duffy giggled as she led Huntaya and Raquel to the nearest paddocks near her house. Raquel was followed closely behind by Bob, who ever few steps would quack just to let her know that he was still following her and was alright.

"This is to weird Duffy. I can't believe we're roaming the outskirts of Beausford at night. Hello this is like a recipe for a great big massacre." Vice pointed out following them from behind.

Huntaya looked at Vice. "There's no need to worry I am with you." She announced.

"Great comfort." Vice drooled.

"So it should be! This body is a lethal weapon! It can stop evil in its tracks, so long as evil doesn't drive a freight truck." Huntaya remarked.

Vice sweatdropped. "Oh yeah I'm sure evil owns plenty of those."

"See nothing to worry about." Huntaya remarked.

Raquel you have to understand it's not safe right?" Vice tried to convince her.

Duffy looked at her cousin. "If you're so scared then you should go back home."

"Alone?! Are you kidding, that's like even worse than now, I'm staying where people are that way if someone attempts on my life they'll have to kill you too."

"Don't worry Bob will protect us if Taya fails."

"Bob?" Vice looked at the duck doubtfully.

"Quack." Bob remarked.

"Bob is my muse and my guardian! Beware of all-powerful Bob! Isn't that right Bob?"

"Quack."

Duffy stopped by a fence and peered in to the paddock and she point in. "There look there he is!" She grinned happily. "Told you he was real."

Vice blinked and Huntaya and Raquel watched as a figure wandered through the paddock of cows, dressed in nothing but his birthday suit.

"What the fuck?" Vice questioned.

"See I told you the naked man who wanders round in the dark through the cow paddocks is real." Duffy remarked.

"And I was a disbeliever." Raquel remarked.

"He's not one of those bestiality guys is he?" Huntaya asked sounding almost disgusted with the thought.

Vice cringed and then shuddered.

Duffy shook her head. "Oh no all he does is wander round the paddocks naked and pat all the cows on the head and then move on to the next paddock." She explained.

"We came all this way to see a naked guy wandering a paddock?" Vice quizzed.

Duffy nodded. "Yup." She seemed quite proud of that.

"Quack."

"You said it Bob." Vice remarked to the duck. "She's a quack."

Duffy patted Quorky on the head. "Don't worry Quorky your discovery will be the greatest thing in Beausford history." She remarked.

"Quorky discovered the naked man wandering the cow paddocks?" Vice groaned.

"I don't know Duffy there's still cat alley to beat, the minute you find one hundred and one naked men wandering cow paddocks then you could beat cat alley." Raquel remarked.

"Yeah I mean one hundred cats is a lot." Huntaya remarked.

"One naked man wandering a cow paddock beats a street full of one hundred cats." Duffy remarked as if they were discussing a school project or some important comparative feature in history class.

"I don't know my money goes to the Beausford Village people those pitch forks are deadly." Vice added in tot eh conversation.

"Don't forget the dodgy dog catcher who is part mad scientist who switches owners head's with their dogs just like that Basement Jaxx music clip." Huntaya joined in.

"Or our Religious education teacher who makes us pledge allegiance to the fish tank, instead of the flag." Raquel chuckled.

"See the fish are import if we don't' pledge allegiance they will kill us all."

"Yeah that's nice." Vice drooled. "But the guy has to have a drug test every week for that fish tank thing." He added shaking his head.

They watched as the naked man moved on to the next paddock of cows and began with a little calf by patting it on the head then moving over the mother and patting that cow on the head.

"Well I need my intake of bananas." Duffy announced, "Lets go." She led the group of them back down the road to the house.

**4**

Saint tapped the end of his pen on the desk thinking to him-self about what the Irish cabbie had said. They'd left after the supposed "awakening" but not far enough to not miss the transformation of the Cabbie and Taxi into two animal headed people which if the mummy had served it's purpose as a movie told them they were Egyptian Gods.

Fur Elise was playing from the announcement speakers, it was a proven fact that classical music helped stimulate the brain and help learning become somewhat easier. And at lunch they had a school D.J on board playing more of the music the kids wanted to hear.

Holding up his hand Saint examined it, it didn't look any different he hadn't been able to d anything really great. Last night though he'd remembered Jasmine grabbing his foot and pulling him back down to the ground, he'd been floating so there had to be some sort of physical change because gravity didn't just allow one person to float and not the rest. But when he'd hit the ground it'd cracked underneath him and he'd realised Jasmine had gotten stronger.

The explanation of their powers was what Marcus had called simular to X-men and Earth's special forces from Dragonball Z. He also emphasized the power to get stronger was also within. But gave no explanation as to how they could accomplish this. They had to control these powers first.

It was then Saint noticed a small but distinctive light come from his hand palm side up and he looked at it seeing a small glowing sphere of energy and he nearly fell off his seat in shock, he saw it remained there the heat was as if it were a flame from a candle. Saint closed his hand over the small energy and it as extinguished quickly without burning. So there went the flame from a candle reference. Then he felt eyes on him and looked to see Jasmine shooting him a glare that read: 'NOT IN PUBLIC!!!!'

*****

Steve had left the interrogation room with a sigh, the police even more confused than ever. The only witness, let alone suspect wasn't a suspect, the only gun the kid had fired in his entire life was at the arcade, he had no criminal record or knowledge about any weapons that could give that much an impact. He'd been lucky he was shot only once, but his girlfriend was not only shot, but also she'd been mutilated; it appeared that she was a target and that the killer leaving the kid alive like he did didn't fear his identity would be discovered. Even if this kid had pulled it off the angle in which the bullet hit him, for himself to of pulled the trigger, his arm would have had to be bent at an odd angle and the recoil of the gun might of snapped his arm, there was no injuries to this kid except the bullet wound, which was now wrapped up thanks to the hospital staff, who released him and told him to take it easy.

Perry placed a hand on the kid's shoulder and gave him a sympathetic look. "Don't be offended by the questions kid, we just have to be sure. We're only doing our job and we want to catch this guy."

"I know." Steve sighed. "It doesn't bring her back though."

"In this town kid, that's what we don't want, if we've learned anything about these cases is that if we solve them within the time period they won't come back and trust me that's what you want, for them not to come back."

"That's not very comforting you know." Steve frowned.

"As is the way of Beausford." Perry replied.

Steve signed a form at the register and left the police station.

Darcy was sitting in the car waiting for him. "Tough break about your girl lil' bro."

Steve nodded. "Can I go to school now?" He asked sighing.

"Are you feeling alright? You have a chance to stay at home without being sick and you want to go to school?"

"Someone has to inform the school." Steve replied.

"Didn't the cops do that?"

"Nope they're keeping it quiet. Her family doesn't even know yet but then again they won't be back until this evening."

Darcy shrugged. "I guess the school better know so they don't mark it as a sickie day for her when she won't be going there anymore."

"Darcy." Steve frowned.

"Sorry. But you have a good point so for that okay. But the minute things get rough just come home and rest okay?"

Steve grinned. "Of course. Free day off school I wouldn't miss it."

*****

It was lunchtime when Steve entered the school cafeteria he noticed his friends weren't there and for the first time ever he walked up to Lucas in public and sat down next to him. "So don't want to be seen sitting alone huh?" Lucas teased. "Mr. popular."

"Charity's dead." Steve remarked.

"What?" Lucas looked at him suddenly. "You lie."

"Do not." Steve growled. "She was murdered last night, in her own house while I was there." He added and looked at Lucas hopping he would show some form of sympathy.

"That's weird who would want Charity dead?"

Steve shrugged. "Beats me, anyway I'm going pass the word on will you."

Lucas blinked. "Wait you told me first of all people… Why?"

Steve shrugged. "Well your sister watches over my siblings let her know there will be no need because I'll be home from now on until I recover. I'm gunna tell my coaches then I'm going home."

Lucas nodded. "Yeah I will. Take care man. If ya need anything."

Steve smiled. "Nope all I need is food."

"As you always do."

*****

To Be Continued…

Man this was a pain to type up form hand written pages so r & r sorry no more updates on anything else until house sitting is over with.

~J'dee