Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Blood Bounded ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blood Bounded
 
Blood, does it really matter? People said that blood is what shapes a person. Then if one is not pure in blood, does that mean one is not pure in person?
Suo often ask these questions. After all, he is far from his comrades. He isn't unusual in personality, he laughs, he jokes, and he feels just like everyone else. He isn't superior to anyone, although he is a rather good fighter to gain the title and position of the captain of the imperial guards, and he is the most trusted warrior by the prince. But, there were plenty good fighters out there, take Ren for example. Not matter how many times Suo had spared with him, Ren always manages to defeat him. So, if he is alike in many of the aspect of his comrades, then why do they regard him so differently?
“What are you doing, sitting by the lake?” an approaching Ren questioned. “Drowning in your own beauty?”
Suo didn't even bothered to crack an eye open as he lay peacefully in the grass. “I didn't realize that you view me as a beauty,” he teased.
Ren blushed.
“Don't be stupid,” he coughed out. “I just want to know why you insist on sleeping by a lake. The night's air can be quiet chilly.”
Suo struggled. “I wanted a place to hear my thoughts.”
Ren raised an eyebrow in curiosity. “For what you think?”
“Blood,”
“Blood?”
“They say that blood shapes a person,” Suo stated, “but is a pure-blood truly any better than a mix-blood?”*
“Why do you question such thing?”
“Look at me,” Suo answered as if it was the most obvious thing.
“Look at you?” Ren stared, “Look at you for what?”
“Look at me,” Suo got up. “What do you see?”
For the first time, Ren took a good look at Suo.
Onyx orbs studied the boy in front of him; dark flames rest wildly upon the head, clear striking green orbs, and tanned skin. This boy…no, Suo was…beautiful.
“Breathtaking,” whispered Ren so softly that Suo almost didn't catch it.
“What?” Suo inquired.
“You are breathtaking,” Ren said seriously. “But it explains why, you are a mix-blood.”
Suo smiled sadly, “Yes. My father was a foreigner; my mother was his captured slave, and I am the production of their love.”
“If I am not mistaken, the Red Dragon is consisted of mix-blood,” Ren started. “Why do you fight for us?”
“I don't. I fight for Princess Qian.” Suo leered. “She was the one who won my loyalty.”
“I see,”
“Answer my question,” Suo ordered off-handly.
Ren took a moment of hesitation before replying, “Blood matters not, may it be pure or mix. I see Suo, a warrior of Qing, and a comrade of mine,” he stopped to smirk in good humor at Suo before continuing, “and I will be honor to be a friend of yours.”
Touched, Suo took Ren's hand
Unknown to them, Qian was spying in a nearby bush…her face was engraved with a grin that just screams: “How cute!”
 
* Mix-blood is the term used to identify the exotic production between a Chinese and a foreigner. The production is extremely cute and beautiful, however, older generation look down at them as inferiors due to the fact that their blood is not pure Chinese…