Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ The Attack of the Red Dragon ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Dragon
Anna was not in the best mood. How can she be? Her foolish brother had fallen for a pure-blood. Had he gone mad! Had he forgotten how the pure-bloods hunted their kind down? How they killed their family? How Suo had betrayed them by protecting the bird? The very same bird that had stole her brother's heart! How can that little wretched pure-blood have such powers?
She won't stand for it. No! She will make the bird pay!
With sword in hand, the blonde haired Asian grabbed her battle armor, and went off for a hunt…a hunt for a little jade bird.
“I'll make her pay. Her and her kind!” she barked, “Group 1, group 7! Let's go, we have birds to hunt!”
So it began; the start of the end. The winds were strangely calm…like the clam before the storm.
The Attack
We were still traveling, North, I believe. I, personally, was in no hurry to get to our destination. I sighed and look after Ren and Suo. Looking at them only make me recall the event that took place earlier. I hid a giggle. Those two had been closer now…almost friend like after the confrontment. I sighed.
“Are you alright, my princess?” Suo asked.
“Oh, quiet so,” I grinned, “however, it would bored me so, now that both of you have declared your friendship.”
They nearly choked.
“W-what?” Ren slurped.
My grin widen in delight.
“Oh! How could you wound me so? I thought you have only pledge your loyalty to me! Now who is going to help me with my attempts of escaping?” I cried teasingly, while waving my hand dramatically.
Ren turned to Suo in disbelief. “You?” he hissed, “You were the one who help her attempts of escaping?! It was YOU!”
I nodded happily, “Isn't Suo the greatest?”
Ren looked about to kill…
“I'm sorry?” Suo supplied meekly.
I beamed, wishing these moments would never end.
Suddenly, shrill laughter sliced through the forest air. “This is what the pathetic Qing army has. And here we thought it would be a challenge.”
Almost instantly, without a moment of hesitation, everyone was in battle position. Ren and Suo stood near me, blades ready to defend. The newly trained guards take their position, surrounding us, while the older and more experienced guards stood as outer offense. Arrows also aligned themselves at the targets ahead of them, while Moon swords were drawn for battle.
“Who are you?” Ren demanded, hand clutching tightly at the hilt of his Dragon blade.
“How quickly do you forget my voice, Suo,” a girl came to view, her wild blond hair swayed in the wind while her dark black skin glistened under the sun.
I felt my eyes widen. A girl…warrior? How uncommon. I turn to Suo for explanation. He was shaking.
“Anna,” he said.
Anna? Exotic name for an exotic and unusual girl.
“Beg for mercy and return to us. Pledge your loyalty to us and we will spare you,” the girl said.
I gasped at her boldness.
“I…I can't,” Suo replied. “I had sworn to serve the princess.”
“You are one of us!” Anna screeched. “One of US!”
“One of you?” I asked, confused. “What does she mean?”
Suo looked in distress. Ren squeezed his hand in insurance. “A half-fleeing,” Ren answered for him.
I started stupidly, not understanding at all. “So?” I asked.
“You don't mind?” Suo asked, relieved and surprised.
“You are my friend. I had known you since I can remember…I don't care if you are a half-fleeing, Suo is Suo, and no one else!” I stated all seriously…
Both, Ren and Suo, smiled.
“How disgustingly cute,” Anna broke in. “Suo, you traitor! Attack!”
Without another warning, the Red Dragon attacked.
What happen next all vaguely seem like a dream. Sword clashed, blood spilled. All I could do was try desperately looking for a sight of onyx haired and eyed Ren, or a dark red haired and green eyed Suo. Screams…never and I heard such agonizing screams. I whimpered. Heavens! There are so much red. When did the once calming red became such a frightful crimson? Tears…I was crying again.
“Princess! Run!” shouted my loyal guards.
I shake my head; I could do it. I can't just leave them! But when the final shout from Suo and Ren broke through the mist of all…my legs sprang to life. I ran.