Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Snake Skin ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Snake Skin
It was well into the night did my legs lost all its energy to go forth. I collapse into an unfamiliar ground…not that I familiar with the outer grounds of the imperial garden to begin with.
My tears had long dried, but my heart never stops crying. The thought of Ren and Suo is enough to make my body ache in pain. To think I would never see the dark scowled imprinted on Ren's pale face, to think of to never see Suo's mischievous grins, to think of…oh how can I bear to live on?
“It's not fair,” I sobbed. “It's not fair.”
I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where to go. How far did we travel from the palace? I had little knowledge of the outside world, now I had deeply regretted of how I never took to heart in my studies. I slowly dragged myself up. I must be more independent if I am to make it home. I must be more wise if I wish to stay alive. My guards shall not die in vain. The least I can do for them is to let their family know of their cruel fate…no not cruel…they were brave soul…they had die fighting! And I must honor that.
I walked off into the woods, hoping to find an exist. I need to find civilization. Perhaps I can sell my clothes and jews for money. Then perhaps I can purchase a horse to ride back to my brother. I am glad that I am at least etiquette in some field of knowledge. Tomorrow, tomorrow I will find town.