Fan Fiction ❯ Erasing the Pain ❯ A Masculine Discussion ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: REVISED! Please Read revisions.
 
Erasing The Pain
 
Chapter 6: A Masculine Discussion
 
By: Oneesan no Miroku Houshi
 
 
 
 
“Well, at first I was happy because our anniversary was coming up, so I got all excited and thought that he had something planned.” She told him. “Basic summary, he forgot all about it and now I'm in Fairy World, sent on a vacation by my godchild, who told me that I just needed to be away from Cosmo for a while.”
 
“It would probably do you a bit of good. You look terrible.” The white haired man told her.
 
Sighing and looking down she muttered. “It's all Cosmo's fault.”
 
“Heh, I don't see why you ever married someone so stupid.” Jorgen commented.
 
Wanda looked up to the blue eyed fairy who was still ranting about Cosmo. “He is probably the reason you get in trouble all of the time and have to be punished, not that it matters to me.”
 
She looked thoughtful for a moment.
 
“Besides, why would you want a puny fairy man like him, when you could have a big, strong manly man?” He arose and struck a pose, then sat back down.
 
Wanda blinked, as if something had hit her. She looked to Jorgen. “Wait, can you say that again?”
 
“I said, why would you want a puny fairy man like him, when you could have a big, strong manly man?” He repeated.
 
`You know, maybe he's right. I could use someone who'd protect me for once. Someone strong and handsome. Someone who wouldn't ignore me or insult me every time I turned around, a real man.' She let a small smile cross over her face as her pink eyes shown a little sparkle of hope in them as she looked up at the buff man, seated next to her, a look of slight confusion on his face.
 
“What did I say?” He asked.
 
“Oh nothing.” She turned her gaze from him for a few moments, before turning back around to ask a question.
 
“Uh Jorgen?”
 
“Yes. What is it?”
 
“Could I spend the night here? I mean, I have no where else to go. I promise I'll leave as soon as I get up tomorrow. And I'll…”
 
A hand was put over her face. “I guess it wouldn't hurt. But I have a minor problem.”
 
“Mm?” The pink haired fairy replied from beneath the masculine hand, which was taken away after the response. “I'm sorry, what was that?” He asked.
 
“I said what's the problem?” Wanda repeated.
 
“I only have one bed.”
 
There was a silence between the two.
 
One bed? He only had one bed?
 
Suddenly, she felt herself be a little nervous. But why was she nervous? She was only staying a night with Jorgen until she could get back on her feet again, and she was surprised at that to see what he told her she could stay with him after she wandered in his room.
 
It didn't mean anything if they shared a bed at all.
 
In fact, it may be just the thing to make Cosmo realize how bad he's been to her. If she stays with Jorgen for a while, maybe he'll show Cosmo how stupid he's been acting, besides, it seemed to be Jorgen's forte' to show Cosmo how puny he was.
 
She shook her head. What was she thinking?
 
Like Jorgen Von Strangle would comply with her on anything, he was only there to tell her what to do and enforce `Da Rules' in Fairy World.
 
 
It was a nice thought though.
 
“Well, “She finally told him. “I guess I can make my own bed.”
 
She replied as she simply made a bed with her magic wand, a distance away from Jorgen's.
 
“Well, I see no harm in it. After all, I need my beauty sleep, but I have things to discuss with you tomorrow.” He let out a yawn as he stretched and lay down on the bed, pulling the covers over himself. “Good night, Wanda.”
 
The pink haired fairy sat there for a while, thinking on the last sentence Jorgen had said to her: “Besides, why would you want a puny fairy man like him, when you could have a big, strong manly man?”
 
What did he possibly mean by that? Or was Wanda reading between the lines a little too much? Pink orbs looked back towards the sleeping figure, facing away from her, giving her the cold shoulder as always. Being cold and intolerant of failure was exactly Von Strangle's style.
 
She wondered if there was ever a happier side of Jorgen. He hardly seemed like any normal fairy. What made Jorgen Von Strangle want to strangle?
 
These were boundaries that she dared not to step over. She respected him and wouldn't want to pry…But perhaps that was it, the other fairies' fear and respect kept them at the distance that Jorgen desired. After all, he was quite distant from the other fairies.
 
Perhaps when Jorgen spoke to her, she would ask a few questions What harm could it do? All of these eons filled with endless contact (whether it be good or bad) with the militant Jorgen and she never once got to know him.
 
She could hear the ruffle of textile as the slumbering man turned over in bed. Wanda stared at the white haired man's face from across the room, it looked peaceful and calm and…so very unlike Jorgen's usual expression of cold and stern.
 
Maybe sleep was the only time when he could wear a smile like that. It was unlike any other smile he wore, it looked so much different.
 
There was just something about it…
 
But Wanda was too tired to think of what as she slumped down in the bed and fell asleep close to the edge of the bed, still huddled in a ball, after a while she began to shake, as time passed the shaking became more evident, and it felt like strong tremors in the mattress.
 
“Huh?” The heavy eyed fairy awoke, seeing the cold and wretched form across, he reached over his shoulder and pulled some covers forward, giving Wanda some blankets covering her gently, then resting his head on the pillow and drifting asleep once more.
 
“Puny fairies.” He mumbled, before trudging back to the bed and crashing into it, falling asleep.
 
Under the covers, gaining warmth, Wanda smiled. She wasn't asleep just yet, but her eyes were shut. She smiled a small smile.
 
 
`Maybe you really do care, Jorgen.'
 
She thought to herself as she drifted off to sleep, but as she did one sentence echoed through her head.
 
“Besides, why would you want a puny fairy man like him, when you could have a big, strong manly man?”
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: Guess that makes up for the short chapter that I wrote some time ago with Timmy and Cosmo having the food fight. I decided to show people that Jorgen was capable of feeling something other then harsh military discipline and a distant cold and often time's violent/sadistic attitude. Gee, taken from that perspective Jorgen can be quite dark…Makes me want to write a dark Jorgen fanfic. This will be dark on both sides; I have many ideas for darkness of characters.
 
But I'm ranting, so please R&R!