Fan Fiction ❯ Erasing the Pain ❯ A Sensitive Heart ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am with more WandaXJorgen goodness. I'm on a role! I've been writing these ever since I posted chapter 1 on ff.net. This is what I get for listening to love songs while writing fanfiction, long chapters and character analysis.
 
Please read on and here's my late disclaimer.
 
 
DISCLAIMER: Do I look like Butch Hartman? No. If I was I wouldn't need to be writing fanfiction, it would actually be on the T.V. (Oh how I wish!) Don't own FOP and disclaimers are really pointless.
 
 
Erasing the Pain
 
Chapter 7: A Sensitive Heart
 
By: Oneesan no Miroku Houshi
 
 
 
 
Morning came in what seemed like an eternity of sleep for the two fairies. Wanda was the first up, she began to get ready to leave when from behind her, echoed a yawn.
 
It was Jorgen.
 
“Oh, “The pink haired fairy said, as if she'd been caught doing something wrong. “Good morning, Jorgen.”
 
The white haired man rubbed his eyes. “Good morning Wanda.”
 
“Did you sleep well?” She asked.
 
“Maybe I should ask you. “He told her, sitting up in bed, propping himself up on his powerful arms.
 
“Well, I probably look better, but I'm not so sure I feel it.”
 
“Where do you think you are going?” Jorgen asked, seeing the pink haired fairy, clutching the suitcase. “Didn't I say we had to discuss something?”
 
“Yes, but I-“She began to protest.
 
“No buts, as soon as I get dressed we will begin the discussion.” He told her in a harsh voice. Now that was the Jorgen Von Strangle she knew. So unlike the one she saw last night, or will things change?
 
The militant fairy poofed off, a few minuets later he poofed back, clad in his army attire and ready for anything that came his way. “Now,” He stated. “What's this I hear about anniversaries?”
 
He had to ask her that.
 
The very word was reminiscent of the loneliness, depression ad deep morbid emotions that she felt yesterday, when she had tried to forget about the unforeseen events that had fallen upon her.
 
Her vision became blurry and she could feel her face become hot and stingy. Tears ran down her face and she began to sniffle and try to hold back the tears, but alas, it couldn't happen. There were too many tears longing to escape.
 
Jorgen blinked and cast a sympathetic look at Wanda. This seemed serious. At first he had thought that it was something she would get over and come running back to Timmy and Cosmo like always, but this was not her usual spell. He hadn't seen her depressed ever.
 
He knelt down and sat by the weeping fairy. “Something you want to talk about?”
 
“Oh Jorgen! I don't know what to do!” She wept. “Cosmo has forgotten all about our anniversary. I was so happy, thinking that he'd finally remember and not try to pull something like he has the past two anniversaries. I wanted to give him something special, just a night between the two of us. But he forgot and left me out in the cold.”
 
“Wanda I-“ A foreign tone emitted and formed itself into words, flowing out of Jorgen's mouth and reaching Wanda's ears, but the pink haired fairy didn't pay any attention, as she was still ranting about her husband's faults. The kind and soft voice was lost in the rant.
 
“He always does these things to me, he makes smart remarks and he's rude. He never takes anything seriously. He never wants to hear my needs.” She said in between sobs. “I just don't think I care about him like I used to. He's hurt me…”
 
Blue eyes welled up with tears. Wanda always knew how to get him at his weak point. Jorgen, as tough as he was, couldn't stand to hear love speeches that were extremely sappy, sad or mushy.
 
Try as he might, he couldn't stop the urge to cry.
 
And so he did.
 
He tried to cry silently at first, letting a few sniffles out here and there are tears ran down his finely chiseled face and onto the floor of his room, mixing with the his pink haired counterpart's tears. Both sets of tears swirling around in a twisted beauty as they made small pools on the carpet.
 
Then the crying got louder and soon he was crying like someone who just watched a sad soap opera.
 
The pink haired fairy was crying, but it soon subsided when she saw Jorgen in a fit of tears. She blinked a couple of times, realizing that he was crying.
 
It was odd really, how the white haired man could be so tough and yet cries at simple things such a romance story gone badly. She kind of liked that about him, it showed that he was sensitive and deep down, underneath that cold and distant exterior was a heart that beat freely, something that if set in the right environment could blossom into something good.
 
The buff fairy wailed. “Your right, Cosmo is an idiot!”
 
And though she had called him that many times, it was more of an endearing term then anything else. She felt a minor sting when it came out of Jorgen's mouth.
 
Why was she getting such mixed feelings from the two?
 
Did she still love Cosmo?
 
Dare she say it…Did she feel something towards Jorgen?
 
At this point in time, she was confused as to what to do.
 
There were so many options. She did come to Fairy World as a vacation from Cosmo, and before she left the possibility of seeing other people went through her mind, but is that what she really wanted?
 
The pink haired fairy actually began to think about that one as she watched the “manly man” cry like a two year old.
 
“Besides, why would you want a puny fairy man like him, when you could have a big, strong manly man?”
 
It was the one phrase that ran through her head so many times that it made her want to pull her hair out. What did it mean? Why did it confuse her?
 
She had almost convinced herself of reading in between the lines, but maybe to get all doubt out of her mind, she would confront him about the true meaning of the question…Or let his answer come to her.
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: I decided to play off of Jorgen's weakness for the sappy stories into this fanfic, I think it opens up a lighter side to his character. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, the next one is full of surprises and Wanda finally finds out why she's being so quizzical on such a question.
 
Please R&R!