Fan Fiction ❯ Erasing the Pain ❯ Dating: Von Strangle Style ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, here goes it, they didn't officially get together, but I have a confused Jorgen and a Wanda who read in-between the lines. I'm going to attempt to pull out a romantic Jorgen here, I pray its IC, I want to keep my impressive characterization skills. I do not like OOC, don't get me wrong, I'll read it, but I just refuse to write it unless it involves parody.
 
 
 
 
Anyway, please R&R!
 
 
 
Erasing The Pain
 
Chapter 9: Dating: Von Strangle Style
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jorgen and Wanda met in the exact spot as planned. They both stood there, a reasonable distance from each other. The taller man's mind was miffed by Wanda's advances and left a little confused but on the outside he remained in his heir of regal pride, standing tall like an impenetrable wall.
 
The pink haired fairy stood there, a smile on her face. She was actually spending some time with someone who'd at least show her how a woman is supposed to be treated.
 
“Before we go, first I have a question.” He asked.
 
“What's that?”
 
“Why did you kiss me earlier?”
 
“Well…” She began to grow nervous once again. Why did Jorgen make her feel jittery inside? “If you want the truth, I really don't know.” Wanda dared, but not too outwardly dared. She didn't want to step over any boundaries with Von Strangle. “I guess it was just an impulse. I mean, I was so sad that Cosmo forgot about our anniversary that I needed someone to turn to. Someone to comfort me. I needed someone who could understand. Someone who was sensible and would listen to my problems.”
 
“And that someone was me?” He asked.
 
“Yes…” She began to nervously fiddle with her wand. “I've been figuring that Cosmo and I should see other people for a while. It's not like I meant it to be like this but…I have to admit that …”
 
Jorgen stared in anticipation.
 
“I feel something towards you.”
 
The white haired fairy blinked. “You what?”
 
“That's why I kissed you.” Wanda admitted, wondering what Jorgen would have to say to something as profound as that.
 
He was silent for a moment. Jorgen had been alone for the vast majority of his life; he too hadn't had any one become too familiar with him. He figured that it would be better that way, better if he didn't get hurt like that, protecting his sensitive heart. True, he was tough and any fairy in fairy World could tell you that, but there are things that Von Strangle would never admit to anyone in order to keep his dignity and pride up to a superstancial level in order to not cause mutiny or cause the fairies to question his authority in executing Da Rules of Fairy World.
 
He really didn't know how to approach the situation, seeing as love was not a subject that he was good at. Causing pain, he could do that. Laying down punishment, it's a natural talent. Standing up against any forces that tried to take over Fairy World, he could perform that task masterfully, but when it came to love he simply fell apart.
 
True he had muscles, but the ones in his heart were weak and hard, causing him to be solitary with Binky around to pick on when the need for entertainment was in demand.
 
Love experiences in general were something that Von Strangle was not willing to accept due to past relationships. Being hurt one too many times was never easy to get over and having a once romantic heart, hardened into a black lump within his chest and not wanting to take heartache.
 
Solitary was a good thing and now that he was faced with love again; he became confused at the old flames that had been ignited long ago.
 
He could be cruel and ask Wanda what she was thinking and tell her not to get too familiar, but the lonely part wanted to keep her around. Since they had been together for the short period of time, he felt strangely. He couldn't be mean to her, not after knowing what he did. Despite his cold nature he did have a heart, and it appeared to be winning over any other distant and cold emotion he possessed.
 
“Something wrong, Jorgen?” Wanda asked.
 
“What are you trying to say?” He asked, a bit harshly, though not intended. He was just disgruntled at his feelings at the moment, but the pink haired fairy was used to it.
 
“Maybe this could be like a…date?” She told him, looking hopefully up at the confused man, her eyes shining with innocent anticipation.
 
“Alright, aright! Just don't look at me like that.” Confusion eminent in his voice. Perhaps after this whole ordeal was over he'd have some piece of mind.
 
The pink haired fairy jumped up and hugged him. “Oh this'll be so much fun!” She said with excitement and Von Strangle couldn't help but let a small smile creep across his features.
 
 
After a while the two poofed off as they began their date, spending time together at some of the best places that Fairy World had to offer. They ate at a fancy restaurant and shared a few conversations with each other, making fun of the time Jorgen used the pixies pointy heads as darts for his dart board. They both laughed when he told her about how they clapped every time one of them hit the bull's-eye.
 
They went many places of relaxation and both seemed to be having a great time throughout the day. Wanda noticed a different side of Jorgen, a caring jovial and light hearted side. He could be a bit clumsy sometimes, but he wasn't nearly as bad as Cosmo. She enjoyed his company and he even surprised her a few times, doing things a bit out of the ordinary for her, like putting a fairy on the end of the mallet game and bashing it so hard their head knocked the bell off and they went airborne and over the horizon then do a pose or two while flexing his muscles for her.
 
Throughout that day she saw a different side of Jorgen a romantic, sensitive, fun and dare she say it kind individual who wasn't so militant once you got to know him. He certainly knew how to flatter a girl, she had to admit. She had gotten most every gift from the fairy fair.
 
Jorgen on the other hand, was having so much fun he didn't even notice himself changing any. Strangely enough he felt that he could be himself around Wanda, it felt odd considering all of the times she had to answer to him for bending or breaking the rules that he bound himself to and memorized by heart.
 
When they got back to Jorgen's place, Binky was sitting at the desk, he blinked as he saw the two come in, laughing with tons of gifts in their arms.
 
“Um, nothing went wrong, sir.” The small fairy reported in.
 
“Good, not get out.” Jorgen commanded.
 
In a lightning fast puff of smoke, he was gone.
 
“I had a great time.” Wanda told him. “I haven't had this much fun in ages.”
 
“And all for you, Wanda.”
 
The pink haired fairy hugged him. “Oh Jorgen, this was the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me.”
 
“Don't mention it. No really don't mention it; I don't want anyone thinking I'm a puny weakling. “He advised.
 
“Your secret's safe with me.” Wanda swore as she kissed him again, but this time Jorgen leaned into the kiss, not kissing back, but not turning away from it either.
 
The long lived feelings of loneliness subsided and he felt as if having a reputation among the fairies wasn't that important now, in fact it was in the back of his mind.
 
And maybe bringing love back into his life wasn't such a bad thing after all. Maybe opening up his heart again would be easier this time, and with Wanda around to help him, maybe she could also help him heal old scars as well.
 
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
A/N: I've seen most of the FOP episodes and the information provided about Jorgen was just educated guesses. But to me he seems pretty lonely and there's been no evidence as of yet that there was anyone that he loved or could possibly be in love with (correct me if I'm wrong) I could do analysis on this character for a long time, but why do that? Let's just add it into the story.
 
They are basically my assumptions for him feeling the way he does. I may add a story to it if anyone wants to read it.
 
I hope they were in character.
 
I hope you liked this chapter; it was one of my longer chapters. Please R&R!