Fan Fiction ❯ Erasing the Pain ❯ Ripping His Wings ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is a chapter full of Jorgen's past. Just a bunch of senseless stuff here and psychological character development.
 
THIS WAS BEFORE JORGEN FELL IN LOVE WITH THE TOOTH FAIRY. Just to clarify things.
 
You're guaranteed to feel sorry for Jorgen at the end of this.
 
Be warned, it's long.
 
Anyway, please read on.
 
 
 
 
 
Erasing The Pain
 
 
Chapter 10: Ripping His Wings
 
By: Oneesan no Miroku Houshi
 
 
 
 
Her.
 
She was his only obstacle.
 
Every time he dreamt, it was her face that haunted him. She made him the man that he was now. She made his heart hard and broke his trust. She was the only one that he had ever loved.
 
And secretly his heart bled for her.
 
Jorgen had fond memories of the female fairy.
 
She was beautiful, no one could deny that, and a lot of the male fairies were jealous of the two of them, Jorgen was young and naïve. Her name was Isabel and she was a sight beyond all compare. Slender and tall, she had long blue hair and matching bright blue eyes. Her smile was that of a vast white with perfect teeth and lush pink lips. Isabel was clad in a sexy blue dress which shimmered in the sunlight with astonishing beauty, and she wore heels a slightly darker shade then that her dress.
 
She was perfect to him, and when she saw him her thoughts were much the same. When she first saw him he was handsome, and strong. Quite a strapping young man.
 
They had seen each other, long ago at the Fairy Academy and fancied each other. Isabel was flirty and always waved, winked and blew kisses to him playfully.
 
He was just as any other love struck young man fell head over heels for the blue beauty known as Isabel. It was his first love and one of the only girls brave enough to flirt with Jorgen, knowing of his reputation of being tough even back then, but it was more of a strength issue with Jorgen then an actual tenacity issue.
 
It was several weeks and perhaps months after that when they fell in love. It was on a pitch black night, when the skies of Fairy World were filled with stars. They shared a few sweet words, the words that echoed through his head.
 
`Jorgen Von Strangle…You can strangle me with your love.'
 
`It would be my pleasure.'
 
`Oh Jorgen…' Blue eyes pierced each other, illuminated with the twisted brilliance of the stars in the sky, casting both haunting and intoxicating patterns of shades and tints of blue all around as they gazed into each other's eyes, their heads getting closer slowly, closing the distance between the two and finally they kissed.
 
A sweet and passionate kiss that lasted like an eternity between them as the sparking skies silhouetted their forms against the pitch black night.
 
They went on many dates, dances and other festivities together and Jorgen had felt special, as if he were on top of the world. He was so proud of himself for his accomplishments. He had someone to love him, someone to show him affection; to make him feel as if he was special. She gave him wings to fly with.
 
Jorgen and Isabel seemed like the picture perfect couple. She was one of the few people that Jorgen could open his heart to freely and he wasn't afraid to be soft hearted around her.
 
But…
 
Why did he feel so cold now?
 
Why was there a strange absence of presence?
 
He stood there alone. With a presence of air around him, chilling and cold.
 
Alone.
 
It was something that he was used to.
 
But he refused to let her old flame get the best of him by burning him alive. He chose to stand alone, strong, callous and cold like an impenetrable wall.
 
After all, it was her fault.
 
She did this to him.
 
She ripped his wings savagely away and deprived him of all flight.
 
She made him give up on love.
 
That fateful day, when he came home after a day out by himself, Jorgen was rather proud. He bought a really pretty and expensive ring.
 
It was an engagement ring.
 
On that day, he had done some thinking to himself and decided to make her his forever, to be joined in holy matrimony. When the well-built man walked through the door to show her the ring.
 
“Look at my beautiful ring. Fear the shininess!” He said as he opened the door and saw a most ghastly sight. There was Isabel, kissing another man.
 
It all seemed a blur in Jorgen's mind afterward, mostly because of his explosive temper. He had probably gotten angry…Actually he did get angry, which is probably why the rest seemed a blur.
 
The man remembered her looking confused. How could she look so confused, when he's the one who didn't know the news? How could she be so cold?
 
He did remember yelling at her to get out, but that was it.
 
Now he stood here, back in his bed room after his day with Wanda. He looked around at the gifts and old memories resurfaced. Within the depths of his mind, he saw her. She haunted him.
 
It was the face he hated. The face he loved. He felt such a mixture of feelings. How could she do what she did to him? How could she just forget about him? About everything they had? How could she shove him aside for another man?
 
He felt many emotions of hurt and love. Jorgen still loved her, and yet he hated her, putting her at a distance as he would with anyone else in Fairy World. There was no point in getting to know someone when they would eventually betray you.
 
She didn't realize what she did to him.
 
After that he was never the same. His heart turned cold from the pain he felt. His heart shriveled and turned hard as stone, infested with the darkness he became.
 
He suffered, she made him suffer and that is why everyone else should feel the same way he did. Their punishment was his own little satisfaction of seeing their pain to relieve his own. Everyone should feel the pain he feels deep in his heart. Their happiness is his misery, depriving him of everything happy he once had.
 
Perhaps this was part of why he resented those such as Cosmo and Juandissimo like he did. They still believed in love. Cosmo had that innocence and naïveté to believe in love and be happy with a wife that loved him, and Juandissimo had a naturally romantic heart, both things that Jorgen himself used to possess.
 
Was he envious?
 
He didn't know…
 
If he was he held it secretly.
 
Why was he acting so nice as of lately? To a woman. A woman in which he initially hated. Wanda, and yet over the past few days, she was able to open the cold heart he possessed and he began to feel a little different towards her.
 
And yet, he hated it. He didn't want to be exposed again. He didn't want to trust again. Jorgen didn't want to be hurt again…
 
Maybe that's why he was thrown into a state of confusion by Wanda's kiss.
 
He felt her pain in sharing an anniversary alone because he never got to make his own. It was all ruined, just like hers had been and a small part in his heart ached.
 
Some things were never meant to be.
 
But he had to be cold; no one would respect him if he weren't strong and cruel to them. Making them suffer was his pleasure, to make them feel the misery that he has in the past.
 
He pulled out a picture from long ago, cased in a glass frame, the beautiful cage of his memories. The more he stared at his once happy memories, the more anger built up in his mind until finally he threw it against the wall, the glass shattering into a million pieces along with his happiness within the cage.
 
It had been set free, but with no wings to fly on its own. It left the small bird inside crippled and weak. Every time the bird tried to fly it fell, without its wings it felt so small.
 
He couldn't trust. It had been broken. Battered and broken just as he was. But he refused to cry, even that day, he refused to weaken himself for her viewing pleasure. Her seeing him in a fit of sadness would just make her take more pride in his pain then she already had taken.
 
And to think, she just moved on like nothing ever happened! The next day she was with the guy she had cheated on him with.
 
Didn't she know what a wreck she had made him?
 
Of course not, he tried to act fine with it at first, but then shunned her like she did him. Like he did most of Fairy World. What did it matter? They were all just like her. They didn't care about his pain. They'd laugh at it, as he does theirs.
 
They just simply liked to rub it in his face.
 
He had to wonder how people could think of fairies as mythical creatures, always in a state of whimsy and happiness…Jorgen didn't believe in fairytales. He was far too wise for that bunch of childish nonsense.
 
Myths, legends and fairytales were a product of the child's imagination to cliché the fairies, not all were happy and whimsical.
 
He had remembered her last sentence after a meeting per chance between the two of them.
 
`I know I've been hard on you. I'm sorry for the things I put you through. Please don't break on me, I need to make you see, we weren't meant to be. I hope you'll forgive me for hurting you.'
 
To that Jorgen was silent, until this very day he had been silent towards her. He would never forgive her. How dare she ask such a question!
 
He stared at his reflection. An image of the man he was now.
 
This is the reflection he would always keep. To remain cold and cruel to those around him, because fate had been so cruel to him. He thought it to be no better of a way.
 
He sighed to himself.
 
`It's true.' He thought to himself. `She has ripped my wings, my heart and no matter how hard I try to fly, I fall. Then again, a wingless bird can't possibly fly…Can it?'
 
Then a realization hit him.
 
He cast a look of realization to his reflection, then frowned and shut his eyes.
 
“No, it can't.” He said simply.
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: That was longer then my usual chapter. Well, feel sorry for the guy yet? I did and I wrote the chapter. I tried to have things make a little sense here. Like the reasons why Jorgen might not have any trust, a morbid sense of humor and a disliking for Cosmo and Juandissimo and even a little for Wanda herself. Hopefully I provided some depth and explanation for any type of kindness that he exploited towards Wanda and even himself. I told you I was going to get psychological here.
 
Anyway, please R&R and tell me what you think!