Fan Fiction ❯ Fall From Grace ❯ Misunderstood ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N:

---S/O/C/7---

CHAPTER 7:

Bella walked stiffly down the corridor towards the Defence against the Dark Arts classroom, she knew that Remus Lupin would have probably brought Sirius Black with him to this session, as he had done for the past couple of them since the Quidditch incident. Sirius had also jumped at any opportunity to gloat and sneak little digs into any conversation that he had with her, that seemed more frequent recently.

Her life had taken such a strange turn since the start of her sixth year. She had always been happy just being an unknown Slytherin, a face in the rather large crowd of Hogwarts. Things were simpler that way. Even though Bella liked things to always be several shades of grey, never black -defiantly not black- or white.

But now, she was constantly fighting with Sirius Black, or avoiding him, neither was anything she particularly enjoyed. Turning the last corner, she came to the tall wooden door that led to the DADA room.

Taking a deep breath she placed her hand on the handle and twisted it. Pushing the door open she quickly stepped inside the room, holding her breath, and closed the door.

Suddenly the feeling of being watched by several pairs of eyes hit her with some force. Turning around slowly on her heels, her brown eyes landed on the group of people in the room with her. Maria, Jade, Narcissa, Kai, Jordie, Lily, James, Peter, Sirius and Remus were all sat in various places around the room, grouped mainly by house they belonged to, with the exception of Jordie and Kai, looking at her.

"Your late!" exclaimed Maria jokingly "Ten points from Gryffindor!" This caused everyone in the room to look at her confused "Well I couldn't take them away from Slytherin," she explained quickly.

"You can't deduct points anyway," pointed out Bella, walking towards her olive skinned friend, who had a strange sort of grin on her face "But I am positive that Mark can and if you don't hurry up and meet him, he'll probably take away fifty from us,"

"He'll wait," said Maria confidently, though she was now slightly concerned that he wouldn't actually wait for her, and then he wouldn't talk to her for a few days "And if he takes points from Slytherin I'll deprive Ravenclaw of their quidditch captain and seeker,"

Bella shook her head slightly, making her hair, which she had forgotten to straighten that morning, flap about her pale face "What are you here for anyway?"

Jade raised her hand "My fault, I wanted to ask you to come to mine this Christmas, you know it's my annual Christmas party," said the black haired girl, exchanging a glance with everyone else in the room, expect Sirius, Remus and Bella.

Bella sighed "I'd really love to come to your party, but as I already told you like six times I am going to France for Christmas to visit my grand-parents,"

"But your father's parents died last year," pointed out Kai after some thought, Bella's head snapped round and she studied him for a moment before responding.

"It's my mother's parents- it's not that strange Narcissa- Yes my mother is French- No I am not French - My grandfather is not my grandmother- enough with the questions!" Bella yelled in the end, as all the questions were making her head spin "I don't want to get into my family history at the moment,"

The small group nodded and began to empty the room in quick succession, Sirius nudged her as he walked past and whispered something in her ear, that made her shudder.

Remus sat at the small desk, looking down at what he had to plan for the lesson. He hoped that things would be more pleasantly this session then the last couple. Things seemed to have gone from bad to worse after the first quidditch match.

The room finally emptied, and only the two of them were left. The first moment was rather awkward as she walked towards him, and sat down pulling out her own book.

"Turn to pages 234-238," he said quickly to her, not looking up just yet, he had to figure out what to say to her first. He had decided that this was the session in which he would confront her, and demands some respect or something like that.

She quickly turned to the pages and scanned the first few, then looked up at him "Banshee's?" she questioned "We missed a chapter," flicking back in the book she saw the chapter she was talking about "Oh it's about Vampires we've already done that, no wait, we have missed out three chapters," she studied the page "We've missed Werewolves, Patronuses and Unforgivables',"

"Were doing dark creatures first, then spells and curses after Christmas," he said her bluntly "That's if you get back from France," he muttered under his breath, she looked at him sharply, but didn't say anything.

Half an hour passed and Remus explained the origins of Banshees' and even some muggle concepts on them. He spoke in a very dull plain voice as if he had something on his mind, or was completely and utterly bored. Whichever one it was, she still found it rude to act the way he was.

The second half an hour passed like this as well.

"Banshee's are relatively harmless and it's only their shrieks that-yes?" asked Remus looking up, as he felt her eyes burning into him.

Bella had not aware that she had been staring intently at him as he read. The way he would swiftly move his hair out his eyes without stopping, or even notice he was doing things. She could also see what the other girls talked about when they said he was good looking. It wasn't in an obvious sense, like Sirius Black, and whether Bella liked him or not, she couldn't deny that he was just gorgeous, though she'd be damned before she ever admitted that to anyone. But there was something strange about Lupin. He wasn't gorgeous, but handsome.

It took her a while to realise he had spoken to her, and that she was still staring at him "Well he will certainly think you have a crush on him now moron!" she screamed mentally at herself blinking a few times in shock and then going red, and looking down at her book.

Her reaction confused Remus, maybe she was wondering why he was acting so strange, well it served her right, it was the way she acted in the sessions as well.

He turned back and continued to drone on about Banshee's once again, looking up occasionally to see if she was looking at him again, but she wasn't. Unbeknown to the pair, they were both looking at each other, but kept missing each other's glances.

"Banshee's like to lead humans, mainly men astray into forest and-" he trailed off again, this time she was looking out the window "Are you listening to a word I am saying?" he asked calmly, trying not to lose his temper.

Bella flickered her eyes away from the window and over to Remus "Um…what?" she asked blinking at him.

"Well that answers my question," he said shutting his book with considerable force, making her jump a little "I was talking about banshee's, you know Irish legends, doesn't have a good singing voice,"

"Yes, I know what you where talking about, and I am making notes," she told him indigently, pointing to her blank piece of parchment on the table. This make Remus growl in annoyance.

"Right that's it," he said sternly "You haven't been paying attention, your probably haven't learnt a single thing!" he stood up quickly, then sat back down again, then stood up, as if deciding what he was going to do. Bella watched him for a moment, his strange movements confusing her slightly.

Remus stayed standing looking at her, as she watched him slight amusement playing on her face "You find these session's a joke don't you?" he asked her through gritted teeth, not really sure himself why he was angry at her, maybe it was what Sirius told him she had said when he'd apologised "You just come here to torment me!"

Bella's amused look fell away almost instantly and she stood up as well, her dark eyes looking at him steadily "Your not the one being tormented," she replied coldly "And I don't find these session a joke, do you see me laughing?"

"No, but this must be highly amusing for you, watching me trying to teach you something, that your getting from other people!" he said, doing his best to try and remain as calm as possible.

Bella blinked at him confused "Getting from other people?" she questioned, and then it finally clicked into place "Black said something to you,"

It was now Remus's turn to be confused, how had she known that Sirius had said something to him and not that he'd come to these conclusions all by himself? "How do you know it was Sirius?" he asked her.

"A wild stab in the dark," she responded darkly "Something you'll be getting if you don't tell me what Black said,"

Remus leaned over the table and looked her directly in the eyes, trying to not yell at the top of his lungs, like he felt like doing at the moment. He could see her shaking, with what would have appeared to be anger, if her scent hadn't told other wise. She was worried, afraid and slightly angry "He just told me about what happened when he apologised to you after Quiddtich," he leaned back, nit taking his eyes off her.

"A nice little twisted tale I suppose," she responded "Probably about how he came to apologies and I lost my temper and started yelling at him, and calling him all the names under the sun and the like," she grinded her teeth "and let's not the he was innocent part and how he didn't say anything back to me,"

"No, He told me that you both lost your tempers, and that he said some thing he didn't mean, but found out a lot from you, like Severus is giving you DADA sessions, and that you hate me!"

Bella's face blanched, and she stared wide eyed at Remus before responding "I am not getting extra lessons' from Severus, and I never will," she hissed dangerously "And I don't hate you!" she yelled the last bit loudly, whilst grabbing her bag pushing her books in, looking at the clock, and running out the room before Remus could respond.

Remus stood shell shocked for a brief moment as he watched her run out of the classroom, without even making another session time. He picked up his book and placed it gently into his bag. He needed to have a chat with Padfoot, and soon.

---E/O/C/7---

SORRY FOR THE CRAPPINESS OF THIS CHAP, BUT I WROTE IT WHILST HAVING A BIT OF A WRITERS BLOCK, AND THE BEST WAY TO GET OVER THAT IS WRITE…AND THIS IS THE FINAL RESULT…PRETTY CRAP.

ANYWAY IF YOU HAVE IDEAS…AND UM…. IDEAS…WRITE THEM IN A REVIEW. CIAO.

(Note to Betas: Thanks too both of you for bearing with me when writing this fic, and thanks for betaing basically, I know it takes me ages to write a chap, but I will try and write quicker now promise! Oh and yeah I also had a problem thinking of a suitable title for this chappie…can you think of any?)