Fan Fiction ❯ Fall From Grace ❯ THE ASSIGNMENT ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fall From Grace

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot and Oc's.

Summary: Remus is asked by the DADA teacher to tutor a sixth year Slytherin girl. She's snobby and rude, but as the lesson's progress the two start to become close, much to the disgust of the Marauders and Snape's group. Lupin/OC.

Note: Please review.

---S/O/C/1---

CHAPTER 1: THE ASSIGNMENT.

"Right again Mr Lupin," said Mr Bradson, this years Defence Against the Dark Arts (DADA) teacher, he was a youngish man in about his mid thirties, with short chocolate brown hair and laughing hazel eyes that twinkled in a way not un-similar to that off Dumbledores "Ten points to Gryffindor!"

Remus Lupin aka Moony smiled weakly flushing pink as the whole class looked at him, Gryffindors with respect, grins painting all their faces, and the Slytherin's, who they had in depth DADA with, had loathing painted all over some of their faces, he noticed that one of two of them didn't seem to care much.

"Good one Moony," whispered Sirius from next to him. Himself, Prongs and Padfoot had all taken in depth DADA whereas Wormtail had taken Herbology and Potions.

Padfoot had taken DADA and Care of Magical Creatures in depth and did the other lessons as normal courses, where Prongs had took DADA and Divination, though Remus suspected this was only because Lilly was taking Divination.

However Remus had taken DADA and Muggle Studies in depth, he thought that in case of future situations, that would most likely arise for him, it was good to have a very good knowledge of muggle life, at the moment they where learning about Muggle money, now that was confusing.

After that the lesson seemed to fly by quickly, almost like a blur. The again the full moon was in a week and he knew that that week would pass faster then this defence against the dark arts lesson. He sat the rest of the lesson mused in his thoughts, the teacher was only going on about Boggarts, something that he had studied in the third year, and even though this was an in depth study into them, he knew the whole thing after all he really enjoyed DADA and had studied it a bit to much in his third year.

The bell rang, Lupin quickly placed his hands over his hears, and ducked his head a bit, the bell always hurt his sensitive hearing. Sirius of course noted the werewolf's reaction and walked over to him, when he started clearing his stuff away.

"Over reacting to the bell weren't you Moony?" he asked plopping down on the desk in front of the light brown haired boy, who looked up at him.

"You try having sensitive hearing," replied Remus calmly, packing away the last of his books and going to sling his bag over his broad shoulder, when the door to the classroom slammed open making the four remaining occupants jump out their skins.

Moony, Prongs and Padfoot heard Mr Bradson growl lightly in annoyance "Miss Leonessa," he said trying to remain calm, one of his hands resting on the board he was writing on "Please shut doors without banging them,"

"Sorry sir," came a snappy reply, the three boys turned to see a Slytherin girl with long brown hair and light brown eyes, which looked like chocolate standing hands on her hips, and an annoyed expression on her face, she was also quiet petite in the fact that she was about 5ft 2 meaning she only came up to Peter's chin, her skin was like ivory and even for such a small person she was kind of intimidating.

Mr Bradson sighed heavily, this girl was always so difficult "Are you aware why I called you here?" he asked, turning and looking at the girl, whom's expression change slightly to confusion.

The three marauders where about to leave when Mr Bradson addressed them "Mr Lupin would you please stay, Mr Black and Mr Potter, could you please go to your next lesson or dinner, which ever is next, I tend to forget,"

"It's dinner next sir," replied the brown haired girl watching the three boys at the door, as James and Sirius left, and Remus stood looking at the teacher confused.

Mr Bradson once again let out a sigh and turned sitting at his desk, looking at the two students before him, was this even a good idea, a Slytherin and a Gryffindor. He first looked at the light brown haired, amber eyes Remus Lupin and then at the brown haired, brown eyed Bella Depardieu. They looked like quite a pair, completely opposite, maybe he should get another Slytherin for this, after all Lupin was a gentle and kind person, would he be able to handle the snobby and rude Slytherin.

"I would like to know you called me here," said Bella "Hopefully before I grow old," she added quietly. Lupin silently agreed with her running his hand through his longish soft brown hair, his amber eyes watching her with interest.

"Well," said Mr Bradson thoughtfully, swearing that if this went wrong he was going to kill Dumbledore, he personally thought this was the stupidest idea ever "I would like Remus here to tutor you in the defence against the dark arts," he waited for an explosion of anger from both the students, but when it didn't come he looked at them.

Bella was staring at him, she was completely stunned, and Remus was just blinking calmly trying to let the words sink in slowly.

"I don't need a tutor!" said Bella angrily at last stamping her foot "I'm the top of the class! Why would I need a tutor?" Lupin had to bite the inside of his mouth to stop from smiling or laughing at the chocolate haired girl.

"You will both benefit from this," Mr Bradson explained, saying it as if someone was standing behind him with a wand, threatening to hex him if he didn't "It will help you with your studies Bella, and it will give you extra credit Remus, and will secure jobs in the future for you both," while saying this he had been leaning forward on his desk, slowly rising himself up, and he was now hovering between standing up straight and sitting back down "And It will also improve inter-house relations, or so Professor Dumbledore believes," he muttered the last bit quietly, though Remus picked it up.

Bella was standing blinking at the teacher, an argumentative remark hanging on her tongue, most Slytherins wouldn't have even got this far into a conversation without exploding into a fit now, but this was too much of a shock. How on earth was she going to be able to explain this too the other Slytherins, well ok, most would be ok with it, and she knew a few people who would think it a great idea, but the seventh years, especially Lucius Malfoy, were going to completely flip. It would probably start a fight or something.

Remus's thoughts where along the same track, Sirius hated all Slytherin's with a passion, even first years who'd only just been sorted into the house, he strongly believed that no Slytherin's were good, even if not all of them became dark Witches or Wizards, there had to be some dark tendencies there. James would probably freak out too, though his thoughts on Slytherin's ran along the same lines, as Sirius's he would didn't class all Slytherins as nasty. Peter's reaction was most likely going to be the worst after Sirius's, Peter really didn't like many people outside Gryffindor house. But he guessed the rest of Gryffindor would be ok about it, Lilly would think it a fantastic idea and encourage it.

Mr Bradson sighed for a third time, but this time there was a hint of annoyance in it "Look, you both have no choice in the matter," he said firmly standing up "So you better arrange a some time, the regulation is three times a week,"

"Three times a week!" shrieked Bella "You got to be kidding me, when am I going to have time with socializing, Qudditich practise, trips to Hogsmeade, lesson's, homework, revising for my O.W.L.S and him for his N.E.W.T.S,"

"I hope that's not in order of importance," replied Professor Bradson lightly, a small light hearted smile curving on his lips, as his hazel eyes landed on Remus "I know that this is going to put a lot of strain on you both, especially you Remus," he gave the werewolf a sympathetic looked "It is mandatory so you have no choice," he added harshly "Three times a week for two hours, how does that sound? You can use this room and I'll give you permission to used the restricted section of the library,"

Both students nodded slowly, wondering when they would have to come for their first lesson.

"The first session can be tomorrow after lunch," said Professor Bradson walking round to the other side of his desk, he looked at the two students firmly "Is that ok with the pair of you?"

"That's fine with me Professor," said Remus calmly looking at Bella waiting for an answer.

"I suppose," she replied airily, waving her hand in the air in a 'like I have a choice kind of fashion.

"Well now that that is settled, you can both go down to the feast," before he could say anything else, both had left the room and where heading towards the great hall, either dared speak and they parted in silence as well.

Remus walked over to the Gryffindor table and was greeted by his friends, who all had many questions about why he had taken so long. Taking a deep breath before he started, preparing himself.

"So what happened?" urged Sirius watching the werewolf closely, Peter had even stopped eating to regard Remus at that point and James removed his arm from around Lilly and turned his back on her too face him, which off course she didn't like.

Then he started to tell them everything, occasionally glancing over at the Slytherin table, and by the look on some of their faces it was clear she was telling them to.

A few moments later, a loud "WHAT?!?" came from both the Slytherin and Gryffindor tables, making everyone including the professors jump out of there skins.

McGonagall accidentally spilled pumpkin juice over the new Potions teacher, Professor Morningstar and Professor Mendoza, the head of Slytherin and rather nasty Athermancy teacher knocked the potatoes all over the floor, cursing everyone loudly. The only person not to jump out of there seat was Dumbledore, who sat a wide grin on his old features, though most of it was hidden under his waist length silver beard, and the twinkle in his blue eyes seemed to have grown considerable. If everything he thinks will happen happens, then when the time comes they will be prepared for whatever life throws at them.

---E/O/C/1---

HEY WELL WHAT YOU THINK? SORRY THAT I DIDN'T CONTINUE FULL MOON BUT IT KIND OF BORED ME…ANYWAY…WHAT DO YOU THINK FOR A FIRST RATHER SLOW CHAPTER? REVIEW PLEASE….WITH NO FLAMES ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER IS MARY-SUEY OR OH YOUR SPELLING AND GRAMMER IS CRAP…YADDA YADDA YADDA.

WANTED:

1. BETA READER (POST IN REVIEW OR E-MAIL ME AT dream_demon@hotmail.com)

2. ANYONE WHO REVIEWS CAN HAVE A CHARACTER IN THE FIC, IN THE HOUSE OF THERE CHOICE, I WILL CHOICE A FEW TO BE LILLY'S FRIENDS OF COURSE AND SOME PLAY BIGGER ROLES THEN OTHERS BUT SEND THEM TO ME (e-mail me with name, house, qudditich postion if play qudditich, brief personality, looks and anything u find important…or you can post that in a review)

3. REVIEWS (good ones please…oh and you put those in the little review boxes, that you can get by clicking on the botton thing at the bottom of this page ok!)