Fan Fiction ❯ Fall From Grace ❯ THOUGHTS OF THE DAY ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: See Chap 1

Notes: I have a beta reader..thanks JadeSky!

---S/O/C/2---

CHAPTER 2: THOUGHTS OF THE DAY

Remus walked quietly to the common room, the rest of the Marauders on his tail, his sharp hearing could pick up Sirius cursing in the background, and whispering something to Peter and James, both seemed ok about the plan, whatever it was. Though Peter was always all right with things, when Sirius and James said they where ok with it.

"Hickly Prickly," he said roughly, as the fat lady gave him an odd look and flung open, saying something about puberty and bad moods to her friend. As soon as he was safely inside the common room that to him seemed empty to him, he slouched into the large scarlet chair.

A few seconds later the portrait swung open again, and the rest of the marauders walked in. Sirius marched over to Remus and stood hands planted firmly on his hips, with a stern look that could rival Snape set on his handsome features. The bright fire illuminated him, giving of the effect to Remus of him being someone very powerful.

Remus brought his amber eyes up and met Sirius's angry light blue ones, neither boy spoke for a bit when they heard a "Are you guys having a moment or something?" both boys turned to see James smirking at them.

"A moment?" questioned Remus blinking. He was thoroughly confused by what James was implying. James's grin seemed to widen at Sirius's response, which was a huff.

"I know your jealous Sirius, but I'm sure Remus will still love you, even though he is tutoring that Slytherin girl," explained James, his face looked like it was almost going to crack under the pressure of not laughing.

Sirius looked at James sternly for a while, then jerked his head towards Remus, who had sunk back a bit in his chair, realising that Sirius was really angry about this. Seconds later he felt his hand jerked away from its resting place on the arm of the large red chair, and Sirius's warm hand around it, then the tall boy cried in a fake shrill voice "Oh Remus my love, James is right, alas I 'am just a jealous fool," bending down so he came face to face with the sitting Remus, Sirius continued his fake breakdown "Forgive me! I 'm blind! For no Slytherin could take you from me! Forgive my jealous rage Remus, my love!" Sirius continued his rant, making Remus go red in the face form trying not to laugh at him.

Peter of course was getting embarrassed by his friends antics, as all the first years walked by staring at the small scene, actually wondering if the two where in love, and one third year girl almost burst out in tears.

"Of course I forgive you Sirius," replied Remus calmly trying not to entice a continuation of this strange outburst.

A board grin broke out on Sirius's face and he waggled an eyebrow playfully at Remus. "Well how about showing me then?" he asked suggestively, enjoying the fact that Remus was thoroughly confused "In the dorm room," he explained.

A few minutes later a yelp of pain could be heard all through the Gryffindor common room.

---SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM---

If Remus thought he was getting it bad, then that was nothing compared to how Bella was. She walked quickly into the common room, her long brown hair flowing behind her as Severus Snape, an outraged look on his shallow skinned face, followed her closely. Unfortunately for Bella, Severus was a lot faster walker then her, firstly because he was taller with longer legs, meaning he could larger strides, and secondly because she was slowing down.

Moments later she felt a thin bony hand go round her wrist and swing her round forcefully, until she came face to face with an angry Severus Snape, his deep black tunnel-like eyes gave off another emotion, that surprisingly looked almost like, concern.

"Too the dormitories," he hissed, dragging her along speechless behind him, as he walked with a quickened pace, which meant she had to almost sprint to keep up with him. They walked speedily up the winding stairs, straight past the boys dormitories and finally stopped outside the girls. "Check there is know one inside, we need to have a little chat," he snapped at her in a low dangerous voice.

Nodding, she opened the door gently and peered in. The huge room with the old fashioned four-poster beds complete with heavy drapes was decorated in slytherin green, but it still wasn't as bad as the boys dorm rooms.

"It's clear Severus," she replied in a normal tone of voice, why they should bother whispering it made no sense. He walked in checked quickly out the door, then shut it slowly trying not to make a sound. "Honestly Severus what the hell are you doing?" Bella asked annoyed, sometimes that boy could act so strange.

Her question knocked the tall black haired boy out of his thoughts and he turned to look at her "I wanted to talk to you before Malfoy did," he explained in his usual silkily voice, moving slowly away from the door his long black robes billowing dramatically behind him.

"About what?" Bella asked biting back the urge to call him various names, deciding against it, since whenever Severus did something behind Malfoy's back it was always serious and completely necessary to do so.

"About your upcoming lessons with that -thing- Lupin," he said indicating for her to sit down on the bed.

Bella blinked her brown eyes at the black haired boy, why had he called Lupin a thing? And why did she have a bad feeling about this? Severus walked up and down in front of her, clearly thinking about how he should address this issue.

Stopping he turned his head towards the girl, her long flowing brown hair was lying untouched over her shoulders, and her light brown eyes where watching him intently, he let out a sigh, she looked so much like he imagined his sister would have. Her eyes where exactly like his mothers, and she was about the same age as Cassandra would have been, she pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around them, while resting her chin on the top of her knees, studying the dramatic edges of his pale face.

"What is it you want to tell me Severus?" she asked again, an attempt to stop him staring at her.

"Be careful around Lupin," he said at last looking thoughtfully at the wall "He's dangerous, unpredictable," Severus continued to watch the painting on the wall "and his friends are also nasty pieces of work," he added with a hidden smirk, he above all knew what Dumbledore's precious Gryffindors were capable of, especially Black and his friends.

In his opinion, Lupin was a dangerous animal that should been put down, Potter was big headed, but a few good hexes or maybe a potion would set him straight, Pettigrew was so pathetic he wasn't even worth Severus thinking about him and Black, Sirius Black, Snape had to admit he hated the arrogant know-it-all with a fiery passion, the way he walked round the school as if he owned it, and got away with uncountable amounts of trouble. Even attempted murder was something he got away with. The mere thought made Severus Snape's blood boil.

He turned back to Bella "Also Lucius isn't going to be happy, and I would rather you not bear the consequences of his actions, so just stay here or in a group where he can't find you," Bella knew what Severus meant, Lucius Malfoy hated not having control over situations, even those that he blatantly could never control. Although this never stopped him from taking his revenge, and this time would be no different.

"He will get to me Severus, after all we are in the same house, I can't simply vanish into the common room and be safe," explained Bella, she knew what Severus's reply would be, as she saw him shudder. Lucius was not a forgiving person, and when he was angry he took his anger out on the people he knew would still be loyal to him afterwards, in other words Severus.

Snape thought back to the many times someone from another house saw him with a black eye, or cracked lips, one time he had spent a week at Madame Pompfery's when he had trouble breathing after taking someone else's punishment, all he told the concerned nurse was that he had tripped in the shower, but Severus was never clumsy and she knew he had been lying. Luckily she was the only one, all the other houses thought that he was just snooping around in unwanted places and had got a smack for it, and they usually let themselves believe it was a Gryffindor who'd done it.

"I'll protect you Bella if he does," he replied quickly, not looking to meet her eyes.

"You're a good friend Severus," she replied sincerely, standing up and walking over to him "And I promise to be careful round those Gryffindors, ok?" she asked tilting her head a bit and looking at him.

"That's good enough for me," he replied in a calm silky voice, his black eyes glittering as he looked at her. A small smile appeared on her face, forcing him to return a very small one, though it disappeared as quickly as it had shown itself.

Linking her right arm through his left, they walked quietly out the dorm room and down the long stairs into the common room, which had fallen into a deadly silence. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, there waiting hands planted firmly on his hips, while his pointed face was screwed up into an unattractive scowl, stood Lucius Malfoy and next to him Narcissa, who moved forward quickly taking Bella from Severus's protective hold moving her across the room and into a crowd of nearby Slytherin girls, of which one or two latched onto her and asked if she was ok.

Severus turned and walked back up the stairs as Lucius followed, casting a last glance at the crowded room of Slytherins, they knew what was coming next, and so did he.

---E/O/C/2---

OK I BET YOUR THINKING WAS WHY HAVE I MADE LUCIUS MALFOY SO MEAN? WELL THE ANSWER IS, I LIKE SNAPE AND DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE HIM THE BAD PERSON THAT EVERONE HATES, AND SO TA DA IT'S MALFOY…THOUGH I DON'T HATE HIM EITHER.

OK…I'D LIKE TO THANK MY TALENTED BETA READER JADESKY FOR WELL BEING MY BETA READER…IF YOU WANT A CHAR IN THIS, GO AHEAD AND JUST WRITE IT IN A REVIEW…ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT, AND OFF COURSE…REVIEWS PLEASE!!!!!

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

BUH BYE

DARK_ANGEL