Fan Fiction ❯ Fall From Grace ❯ CHAPTER 3: FIRST LESSONS A CHARM ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: See Chap 1

Notes: Someone please review…and thank you too my Beta Reader.

~~~S/O/C/3~~~

CHAPTER 3: FIRST LESSONS A CHARM

Getting up slowly from the Gryffindor table, Remus Lupin looked back at his grinning friends, all giving him their non-verbal support, after all it was his first time teaching. He walked away, nervous as hell.

All Slytherins' had the reputation of being rude, snobbish, cunning, devious, and down right nasty, so tutoring one of them wasn't something he was particularly looking forward to.

Bella watched the light brown haired boy exit the hall on his way to the session, before she even got there "Aren't you going now?" came a icy cold questioning voice in her ear, turning towards the person who spoke, she came face to face with Willis Avery, a tall and very thin boy with wispy brown hair and grey eyes, he gave her a strange sort of grin, that showed his yellowish uneven teeth.

Rolling her eyes "I was waiting to see Severus," she responded, slapping Avery playfully on the arm as he poked her side.

"Severus is fine," said a voice a little way down the table, leaning forward she looked down, and saw Lucius Malfoy speaking to her, though not looking directly towards her "Go to your unnecessary tutoring lesson, and see Severus after," Bella was about to argue, but Lucius placed a hand in the air to show that it was not open for discussion.

Sighing heavily, Bella got out of her seat, grabbed her small bag, waved goodbye to Narcissa and her other Slytherin friend Jade and exited the hall.

Shaking a little Remus continued down the long corridor to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, his thoughts a million miles away, when he heard someone yell "Hey!" directly in his ear, immediately he recognised the voice and spun round.

"Sirius, I didn't realise you were following me," he said casually, not showing the surprise and relief that he now felt, at least he had a friend there.

"What can I say I'm good," replied Sirius, barking out a laugh when his friend nodded in agreement, then a serious look came over his face "I thought I would come and stay with you, you know, in case she brought any of her slimy Slytherin friends with her,"

"First off, Black, my name is Bella," came a snappy voice from behind both the taller boys, Sirius and Remus both jumped in surprise and turned to face the small Slytherin girl, well she wasn't that small, she stood just a few inch's shorter than Peter, with long cascading brown hair that framed her pale ivory face and a pair of light brown eyes brimming with annoyance set sternly on them. She wasn't what you call an attractive girl, neither was she deep set ugly, going to vomit just from looking at her, yet she wasn't plain either. Sirius involuntarily noticed that she had quiet a womanly figure, a lot of curves in all the suitable places. "And not all Slytherins' are slimy, the percentage of slimy people in Slytherin is lower then that of big-headed cocky bastards in Gryffindor," she rapped this last bit off as if it was hard known fact, making Sirius' blood boil.

"Gryffindor is ten times the house Slytherin will ever be!" challenged Sirius, expecting no comeback to that.

"Maybe, but the Wizards in Slytherin are ten times better then those of Gryffindor," she replied coolly "Gryffindors' just think, they're better,"

Remus placed a gentle hand on his friend's shoulder, as at that moment he looked like the vein in his temple was about to explode "Calm down Sirius," he said gently, placing his other hand on Sirius' free shoulder, he could feel the boy breath heavily under the weight of his anger.

"Yes, Please calm down Black, you wouldn't want all the things said about you and your temper to be proven true now would you," taunted Bella, watching in amusement as Black's anger flared once again.

Remus refrained from making a comment, did his best to calm Sirius down, then deciding on the wisest course of action sent him back to the great hall and prayed to all that wizards (and werewolfs) hold holy that he would get through this lesson without having her rip his throat out.

Whilst he had been calming the raging Sirius, Bella had slipped past him and walked on down to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, and was now sitting inside waiting for him.

Giving off one more aggravated sigh, he pushed open the door and walked in. He'd been hoping and half expecting to see Professor Bradson in the room waiting to start things off, but when he entered, there was no-one except Bella sitting at the front desk, facing the board and waiting.

Walking over slowly he sat down in front of her and got out a book, he decided to talk about Vampires this session, something interesting to start off, maybe break the ice, Werewolves would have been good, but considering his position in that, he decided to leave it till later.

"I thought we'd start with Vampires," he stated calmly, opening the book to the third chapter, he saw he place the same book in front of herself and open it on the right chapter, she wouldn't look up to meet his eyes "Are you alright?" he asked trying to get her to look up at him.

"How's Black?" she asked, it was not the answer to his question, and he felt that she had asked it to avoid answering his.

"Fine, just a little angry at your comments," said Remus, looking down at his own book, he had to admit to being angry about her comments to, if common sense hadn't prevailed he would probably have bitten her head off like Sirius did, "Like he has every right to be," Remus added under his breath, however she caught it and her head came bolt upright.

"And I have no right to be angry about his comments!" she yelled, not caring if anyone heard.

"You said much harsher things than Sirius did, that was all I was implying, of course you have the right to be angry," said Remus frantically, this didn't seem to satisfy her, but she didn't say another word on it for the rest of the lesson.

The first hour passed with almost no conversation, apart from Remus explaining the ins and outs of why a Vampire lives on blood, and now he had moved onto ways of killing a Vampire.

"Vampires hate garlic, it keeps them away, and crosses burn them, but the most effective way of killing a Vampire is a stake through the heart," explained Remus, showing her a diagram of the biology of a Vampire.

"So tie a garlic cut into the shape of a cross around your neck, get a watch and a great big wooden stake and your ready to be a vampire slayer," said Bella non-interestedly, looking out the window. Remus raised an eyebrow.

"A watch?" he asked, looking confused.

"Yes, so that you can tell when the sun comes up, so if all else fails, you can just open the curtains, and boom you're vampire free,"

Remus stifled a small chuckle; he hadn't seen it that way before. "Yes a combination of methods would be a good idea."

"Well just walking in with garlic wouldn't be a great idea." She replied sarcastically. Remus shook his head slightly then thought about the next bit, it would now relate somewhat closely to Werewolves.

"Now, like werewolves, Vampires can either be made or born," he started, his eyes skimming the pages of that section of the book, he noticed she was watching him intently "Vampires that are made, again like Werewolves are bitten, and if they have a child, cannot pass the gene on as they do not have it," he explained, inwardly wincing when he said werewolf "However, born Vampires, can either be pure Vampires, from two Vampire parents, or half breeds, with one muggle or magical parent and one Vampire parent, or they could have a percentage amount of blood. Though couplings between the un-dead and living are rare, and these children are usually the result of flings, and…um….rapes, they carry the gene and so the Vampire blood is passed down the family tree," he finished his rather long winded explanation, and watched her take some notes.

Looking up at him Bella gave a small smile "So you've told me how they live, how to kill them, and the two ways Vampires come about, So what would happen if a born vampire where to cross-breed with a born werewolf, apart from having a blood thirsty wolf for a child,"

Remus cleared his throat, it was a strange question and there had never been a reported incident of an offspring between a werewolf and vampire existing "This would be a -highly- unusual coupling," he started nervously. He really shouldn't have started with Vampires on the first session. "Vampires and Werewolves hate each other, to the point that they would not be able to be in the same room together without one of them being injured. I'd imagine if a child was conceived, it would be killed soon after birth, by either the Vampire or Werewolf communities, maybe even both would try kill the infant,"

"It would be like a dark creature style of Romeo and Juliet," Bella said still looking out the window, Remus, not knowing what Romeo and Juliet were looked puzzled.

"What's a Romeo and Juliet?" he asked curiously leaning across the small desk.

"It's a book," she replied, then the bell rang, the two hours were over, and she packed her book away, giving him a glance as if inviting him to arrange the next session.

Remus was about to ask what the book was about when he heard the bell ring "Ok, the next session. How about Saturday after lunch for two hours?" he suggested, "If that doesn't cut into quidditch practise,"

"No that's fine," she replied coolly, throwing her bag over her shoulder and walking out.

Remus shook his head, forgetting the part with Sirius; the lesson hadn't been all that bad apart from the fact that she really wasn't that talkative. Throwing his bag over his shoulder like she had, he walked out; Sirius and the others would want to know how the lesson went.

---E/O/C/3---

WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I'D LIKE TO THANK MY BETA READER FOR HER HELP…AND ALL THE REVIEWERS.

PLEASE REVIEW…CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM WELCOME.

OK IDEA…I'M GOING TO WRITE ANOTHER FIC CALLED THE GOOD GIRL…IT WILL RUN ALONG SIDE THIS STORY, HAPPENING ABOUT THE SAME TIME, JUST TOO DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW AND IT'S A SIRIUS ROMANCE, PLEASE TELL ME WHT YOU THINK!

Replies To Reviews:

JadeSky: Thanks for reviewing, and beta reading for me; Your Character has already shown up!!!

Grrwwllllll: I've continued, thanks for the review.

Jamais-Revenir: Thanks for the review, and congrats for writing it in English. Your char will be showing up soon!!!

Grace: I apologies for stealing your name….but it's nice!

ButterflyAngel: Thanks for the review!!! Severus was too mean in the books!! Your Char will be showing up soon!!! Rock on gurl!

A/N: I have changed my characters name and description, to fit in with another fic I'm going to write, called the Curse Of Salazar…where she plays an important role…Ok.