Fan Fiction ❯ Fall From Grace ❯ Qudditich Practise and Girl Talk ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing! Nancy is owned by Butterflyangel, Jordie and Kai are owned by Callie Wilson and the rest is own by J.K.Rowling…I do own a few OC's though.

Notes: Sirius fans, may think he is a bit mean in parts of this chapter, but I don't dislike the character, and he will become nice, but I think this is how he would act if his friend, especially Remus, tutored someone from a rival house.

---S/O/C/4---

Chapter 4: Qudditich Practise and Girl Talk

After a long explanation of how the first session had went, the others seemed satisfied with the outcome, with the exception of Sirius, and agreed that nothing else would be said about it. Remus could focus on some Qudditich and the fact that the full moon was coming in about one week.

Running a finger over his wand, his amber eyes focused on it, the thought of what was going to happen to him in about two weeks was torture, there was only one upside, his friends would be with him, like they always where, supporting him and helping him through his transformations.

He was completely lost in his own world, when a hand on his shoulder brought him back from his thoughts, half expecting it to be Peter, who was sitting next to him, he turned to face the owner of the hand.

Standing behind him was Bella; Remus nearly fell out his seat with shock, which caused her to raise a delicate eyebrow at him.

"I didn't realise you were so jumpy," she said, keeping her eyebrow raised.

"I was thinking," he replied, sitting up straighter in his seat, catching Peter's eye, he was looking at Remus in the same way she was.

"I…um…wanted to…um…well…" started Bella, it seemed that she was trying to get the words out; she opened her mouth to say the rest when someone interrupted her.

"Do you want to say what you came to say and then leave," the sharp voice belong to Sirius Black, his words struck her like ice, and Remus watched her shudder as Sirius spoke.

She turned her brown eyes on to him, then back to Remus "I came here to say that I `m…um…I `am…" she once again stopped over her words, what was she trying to say to him?

"Would you get on with it?" snapped Sirius, pushing past her and sitting down on the other side of Remus, as James moved to the other side of the table. Bella glared at Sirius for a bit, reminding herself to hex him later, maybe turn his hair some odd shade of green or something, maybe red.

Plotting her devious task would have to wait, she had something to say to Lupin first "Look, Lupin…"

"Remus," he said, cutting her off "My name is Remus, please do me the courtesy of using my first name,"

"Ok, Remus," she said, rubbing one hand on her temple, this was getting harder than she thought it would be "Look, I came over here to apologies for what I said at the last session, you know, about Gryffindors'," this had caught all the Marauders attention, as they turned to face her "I realise what I said was a bit-harsh- and…"

Once again she got interrupted, this time by Sirius snickering, she looked at him annoyed with a what now, expression on her face "This is very un-Slytherin you know," he said, stopping laughing at looking at her seriously "The other Slytherins' are going to be mad, when they find out that one of them admitted that she was wrong,"

Glaring at Sirius "I'm not saying I'm wrong Black, just saying that what I said was uncalled for, you know taking that thing called -responsibility- for my actions,"

"Trust me, I know about responsibility, more than you or any other Slytherin for that matter," spat Sirius "Slytherins' don't take responsibility for there actions, that's why most of them turn into dark wizards and witches," as soon as he said it, Sirius knew it he shouldn't have.

Bella looked at him, not angry, just shocked, her brown eyes were wide and it clearly took her a few moments to register the extent of what he just said "I came over here trying to apologies for what I said, knowing that it was wrong for me to pre-judge Gryffindor without knowing hardly anyone from that house very well," her eyes passed over all four of them "I didn't realise that you wouldn't look past your own prejudice," she now looked if she was on the brink of tears.

Looking at his three friends, Sirius sighed "Hey, Look maybe I…" but his was cut by a cold silky voice.

"Bella?" it asked, the owner soon coming into view, Sirius scowled at Severus as he walked over and stood next to the brown haired girl "Are you alright?"

"Yes Severus, I'm fine," she replied, looking directly at him, a few bruises and cuts where on the side of his face, reaching from the bottom of his right eye, to his chin, Lucuis's handy work no doubt.

After briefly making sure she was alright "Lucius wants you out on the Qudditich field, for practise, Jade is waiting in the changing rooms for you," Bella nodded and smiled at Severus, before walking out, not sparing a glance at any of the Marauders.

Turning around quickly, Severus and Sirius came face to face, both boys scowled "I heard what you said Black?" he hissed, as the Gryffindor smirk at him, always so confident, and cocky, if only he knew the damage he might have just caused.

"I was just saying my opinion, Snape, It's not my fault your little girlfriend can't take the truth," replied Sirius cheekily, he did feel guilty for what he said, after all, he hadn't expected her to seem so shocked, angry yes, maybe hit him or something, shout a lot of un-lady like things, but not the painful shocked face she had given him.

"Black, if you or any of your pathetic little pack, knew anything about the truth, you would be ashamed of what you just said to her," Severus, decided that if he got angry then it would provoke Black and his followers to more immature little pranks on him and the rest of his house "But of course, your head is stuck so far up your own ass, that I doubt even if someone told you anything truthful, you'd probably either not hear it, as your too self-involved or you wouldn't understand, since I doubt your brain capacity cannot hold more then the next immature and badly planned prank your going to play, on some innocent victim," and with a dramatic swish of his black robe, he stalked out the library.

"Sirius why did you have to go and make things worse?" asked James, sighing, as he manuvered his glasses, that where resting a bit too far down his nose.

"I didn't," protested Sirius, grabbing a book and opening it, he couldn't see how things could get any worse? There was still Slytherins' about.

"She was trying to apologies Padfoot," stated Remus, looking up and meeting his friends blue/grey eyes "Maybe you should have tried to extend the same courtesy,"

That seemed to be the last on the subject, as they went back to studying.

---A WEEK LATER---

Two days after the full moon, and Remus felt quite good, apart from the fact that since the incident in the library Bella, rarely spoke in the DADA sessions, and if she did, it was brief and only about the subject at hand, and always ignoring any attempt that he made at conversation.

Smoothing out his scarlet qudditich robes, he grabbed his broom and headed out onto the pitch, they where playing Hufflepuff in a few days, however, none of the team seemed that concerned, for the last two years the Hufflepuff qudditich team had been a complete push over, and considering there had been no change to the team, there was little doubt in any ones mind that this would be a walk away match.

Nancy was standing in the middle of the Qudditich field, broom in hand, waiting for her team to appear, she was a relatively tall her, with shoulder length brown hair, and dark green eyes with fair skin.

James ran to catch up with him, and not far behind was Sirius and the rest of the Qudditich team "Hey Rem," James said happily, as Sirius flung an arm round Remus's shoulders, and grinned.

"Well, we better hurry or Nancy'll have are heads, you know how she is with Qudditich," laughed Sirius, the rest of the team laughed along with him, as they reached the centre of the pitch.

"I'm glad you all decided to show up, now do you all remember the game plan?" she asked, smiling with satisfaction at them all, they where one of the best teams Gryffindor had ever had, and they would remain that way.

"The game plan what's that?" asked Sirius mockingly, earning himself a elbow in the ribs from Gryffindor keeper, Jordania Keyon, she was only slightly shorter than Nancy, with long brown hair and blue eyes, and was classed as the best keeper Gryffindor had in a lo-o-ng time.

"Remember Sirius keep your mind in the game plan," said Gabriel, one of the beaters, he was a cheeky fifth year, with short sandy blonde hair, and blue eyes, reminding them all of Peter, though he was slightly more confident "And out of the female population of the crowd,"

"Sirius? The female population of the crowd?" asked James mockingly "Sirius would rather watch the girls' fly about on there brooms, so it's more like, keep your mind on the game plan not the female game players,"

"Well I can't help it, with girls like Jordie and Nancy on the team, I can hardly keep my eyes on the buldgers," said Sirius jokingly; his strong arm still draped round Remus's neck.

"Don't let Kai hear you say that," warned James, laughing, as Nancy shook her head, they may have been good on the Qudditich field, but actually getting them to the field was some task, they liked to tease each other, a lot.

"Right, people, lets practise!" commanded Nancy, gripping Sirius by the arm and dragging him away from Remus, then grabbing Gabriel with her other hand, she dragged them to stand together "Now, you two our are beaters, which means you must keep the buldgers away from me the seeker, now James…" she turned to black haired boy "Remus, Sean all I want you three to worry about is scoring, and keeping yourselves above the ground, in other words don't fall of your brooms," she added with a look in Sean's direction, the youngest member of the team, only in his third year, and was famous for falling of his broom, and then getting up and mounting again, the other students believed his was indestructible.

He nodded nervously "Now Jordie, just defend that goal," the other brown haired girl nodded, smiling. Nancy grinned, well it was a simple plan and she knew they all knew it like the back of their hands, she spared Sirius a glance, and decided that he probably knew more than the back of his own hand, but stopped thinking there, that was dangerous territory thinking in the mind of Sirius Black.

The whole team mounted their brooms, and took to the sky, laughing as they placed a game against an invisible team, Gryffindor practise sessions, where always fun, they laughed and joked as well as trained, it made them all enjoy them more, even if it was out in the pouring rain, or snow for that matter.

But as all good things do, the practise session came to a close, and the team dismounted laughing at the small bruise now appearing on James shoulder, because of a misguided buldger from Sirius.

Lilly and a blonde boy wearing Slytherin robes came running full pelt across the pitch, both with huge smiles on their faces, when they reached the group, both stopped panting for breath.

"Well looks like you two had a bit of a work out," observed Sirius, shooting the Slytherin boy a dirty look, who simple smiled in response, Sirius supposed the blonde boy was an exception to the rule, after all, he wasn't that bad a Slytherin, and was certainly nicer than Severus, though being friends with Lucuis Malfoy but a strike against him.

"James your hurt!" Exclaimed Lilly, investigating the rather large bruise on the top of his arm.

"Yes, it's only a small bruise, Sirius can be so clumsy with his buldgers sometimes," explained James, passing a glance over at Remus, he had been very quite all through the match, and for the past few days now he thought about it.

Remus mumbled something to the team, and started to walk away, he had been in a pretty good mood at the start of the practise what had soured it? Was it all Sirius's off handed comments? He wasn't sure, but if the others asked him, he'd just say that he felt down, something to do with being a lycanthrope.

---SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM---

Bella sat, a book shaking in her hands, she kept re-living what Sirius has said over and over again, it had been almost over a week since the incident, and she still couldn't shake it, what he said, how he said it. It wasn't true was it? She wouldn't become evil, even if she was in Slytherin, would she?

Lost in her own thoughts, Bella failed to notice that someone sat down next to her on the couch, and that a hand reached out and plucked the book from her fingers, and had a hand now resting on her wrist, stopping her from shaking.

"Bella are you alright?" asked a gentle voice, looking up she met the eyes of her friend Jade, a tall thin girl with bouncy red hair and calming grey eyes (A/N:I didn't know how you wanted her Jadesky, so please change her description, to how you want your char to be).

"Yes I'm fine," replied Bella, looking down at her knees, avoiding her friend's concerned eyes.

"You don't look fine," stated Jade, a small smile appearing on her lips "Has something happened? Are your DADA session with Remus Lupin not going well?" this made Bella look up, and her brown eyes met Jades grey, who had a mischievous glint in them.

"There fine, I suppose," replied Bella airily, not really wanting to have this conversation with anyone, though she knew where Jade was going with this, and that was one place she didn't want to discuss.

"Fine!" Exclaimed Jade "Fine is not nearly the word to describe Remus Lupin! Gorgeous is a word to describe him," Bella had to laugh a little at her friend; she was so silly at times.

"I always thought it was Sirius Black you had a crush on, not Lupin," laughed Bella, grinning "But we better not let him know that because his ego is already big enough, I'm surprised he can fit through doors," she said the last bit sarcastically.

It was Jades turn to laugh "Your pure evil," she said, poking Bella, who smiled weakly at the comment, trying to push it to the back of her mind before replying.

"I certainly try Jade," she replied laughing along with her friend, some how Jade always managed to lift her and other peoples spirits. The couch sunk a bit as someone else sat down next to the pair, glancing over they saw Nacrissa; she smiled at the pair.

"What are you two giggling about?" she asked, quickly checking behind her before indicating for them to answer, she had to check Lucius wasn't listening.

"Oh I was asking Bella about her lessons with Lupin, and she said they where fine, and I said fine wasn't the word to describe Lupin…Gorgeous was, and then she made a comment about Sirius Black, and his ego being so large he couldn't fit through doors," explained Jade quickly, only taking a breath at the end of her sentence, which didn't surprise Bella much, the girl couldn't half talk.

Narcissa nodded in agreement to Jades statement "Lupin is good looking," she replied, her grin growing "Though Black is bad either, nor is Potter for that matter,"

"Be careful `Cissa, these are your boyfriends archenemies your talking about there, and I doubt Evans would let you oogle her boyfriend without a fight," Bella reminded her, and couldn't help but giggle at Narcissa's huff of a reply.

"Of course I love Lucuis, but I wouldn't mind Potter, Black or Lupin giving me a tour of the Qudditich pitch, if you know what I'm getting at?" said Narcissa grinning suggestively at them both.

"I change my mind, `Cissa your purest of evil, where you Bella are just pure evil," stated Jade, flicking through the book Bella was reading.

"And what are you?" asked Bella, trying to stanch the book back, which Jade quickly brought out of her reach.

"I `am the balance, the only thing that stops you both from corrupting all the Gryffindors'" she replied, Narcissa rolled her eyes, but giggled all the same.

"I do not wish to corrupt any Gryffindors, especially Lupin, if that's what you're getting at!" replied Bella hotly, finally managing to grab the book away from her friend, and glaring at them both, as they giggled and gave her knowing looks, that where in Bella's mind anyway, severely misplaced, her and Lupin it was outrageous, a scandal, they couldn't stand each other.

"Yes Bella, why would you be attracted to someone like Lupin?" asked Narcissa, holding the brown haired girls wrist to stop her from leaving the conversation "He's only good looking, mysterious, kind, gentle, caring…"

"Aloof," added Jade quickly, she clapped her hands excitedly; this was fun for her.

"Everything clearly you too like in a guy, which Narcissa I see none of in Lucuis," replied Bella pulling her wrist out of the blonde girl's grasp, and moving to leave "Now if neither or you mind, or if you do I don't care, I'm going to bed, before either of you come up with some other strange idea about me," and with that she turned on her heals and exited the common room.

The pair turned and watched the brunette disappear round the corner heading towards the dorms, they then turned and looked at each other, quietly agreeing on a plan, identical panther grins painted over their faces, that grew even wider when the portrait moved and another student walked in, he passed his green eyes over the pair, whilst running a hand through his blonde hair.

Deciding he didn't like the way they where looking at him, he went to move towards his own dorm, when a loud "KAI!" was yelled from behind him from both girls, what had he gotten into now?

---E/O/C/4---

WHAT HAS HE GOTTEN INTO NOW? WHAT'S WRONG WITH REMUS? AND MANY MORE QUESTIONS, BUT CAN'T BE ASSED TO WRITE THEM ALL WILL BE ANSWERED IN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS.

So now like review…Ok? No flames, constructive critisms are welcome…but any Mary-Sue Flamers who are reading, either leave a suggestion on how to make the story and char better…or don't bother.

Right, replies to reviewers.

Callie Wilson: Thanks for the reviews and characters you submitted, as you have read they where in this chapter, and are going to both play a largish role in this fic, as you submitted them at the point where I was a bit stuck about where this fic was going, and a fresh review and character submission helped me get back on track.

Ivy Crane: Thanks for the review, I really needed one, so when I got yours you should have seen the grin on my face, and the strange looks I got from the people around me. LOL.

JadeSky (My faithful Beta Reader): Your char has shown up again, and will also play a large role in this fic, and thanks for Beta reading for me.

(Note to JadeSky: I change my char to fit in with another fic I'm going to write, eventually, which is a longer fic of course, but she's in it, and her description had to be changed to fit in with the running of that fic…plus I chop and change my mind all the time! Your doing a great job as my Beta Reader and I `am sorry that Chapter 4 took so long to come to you)