Fan Fiction ❯ Lethal Vengeance ❯ Nanashi Cause Trouble ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One:

Nanashi cause trouble

A young woman sat down on the stool in the bar. "Just give me a rootbeer." She said to the bartender.

"Well, well. Look who we have here." A tall man sat next to her. His face scarred from battles. "The famous Hekele, Proffesional Bounty Hunter." He chuckled. "What's wrong, can't find anybody weaker than you?"

"I suggest you shut your trap before you say something you'll regret." Hekele's eyes were dark as she calmly drank the rootbeer the bartender gave her.

"Oooo...I'm so scared..." He waved his hands sarcasticly. Some of his men walked up behind Hekele.

Hekele grinned, and grabbed a gun out of her belt loop and held it up to his face. "You should be. You know I won't hesitate to pull this trigger."

" Just c a l m d o w n. I didn't mean anything by it. I was just kiddin'." He said nervously.

"That would be a waste of a bullet anyway." She pulled the gun away, and put it back in it's holster.

He wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Anyway, I came here for a reason. We need your help."

"Help? Why should I help you?"

"C' mon. Were buds right?" He patted her back.

"Don't touch me." She sneered.
"Right, right." He backed off." SO, are you gonna to help?"

"How much are you going to pay me? I don't do this for free you know."

"We'll pay you ten thousand." He looked back at the gang for reasurance.

"Honostly, what kind of person do you think I am? You should know me better." Hekele began to make a deal. "You're most likely talking about a group of people, aren't you? I have a much higher price for killing other gangs. Depending on their status and how large they are, my price may be between 20 and 100, grand of course. If the gang is bigger than that, then we could be talking about going up to one million. Which gang are we talking about?"

"Well, we want you to kill the Nanashi Gang. They've arrived here recently, and they're driving us out of business. They're pretty big, but we're willing to pay up to a million. We just want to get our business back. They've taken all of our costumers."
"You mean your business selling drugs and weapons, right?" Hekele made sure.

"Yeah."

"Well, the Nanashi are pretty big. They have a pretty bad history too." Hekele was thinking of a price. "I'll do it for 1.5 mill." She decided.
He looked at his gang, they sighed and shook their heads in agreement. "Ok. We'll need a few days to get the money, though."

"Fine. I'll do some research while I wait. But I'm not going to do anything until I get at least half of the money, then I'll start killing." Hekele finished the rootbeer and payed the bartender.

"Fine." The man got up and motioned the gang to leave.

Hekele got up and left also. But not before scanning the bar for possible threats. No members of the Nanashi Gang were to be found though. She walked out into the dark streets of the city. Then proceeded to dissapeared into the darkness.

****************************************

The sun rose into the sky slowly, accompained by the sounds of sirens and alarms. Hekele calmly walked behind the parked police vehicles, and looked at the bank. "I see the banks being robbed again." She said to an officer standing there.

"Yeah. And they got away again! How do they keep doing it?!" He looked to the side at her, expecting her to be a fellow police officer. "Oh. It's you. So, how'd they get away this time? Since you're the expert." He said in a jealous tone.

"Now, now. That's no way to talk to our expert." An older officer came over to Hekele and the officer. "She knows their ways so well, she could almost be a criminal herself." He laughed.

"Yeah. I wouldn't be suprised." He mumbled and walked away.

"He's just jealous." The older officer whispered. "So, have you figured out how they did it this time?"

"I just got here, but I think I have an idea. Do you know who it was?"

"Yeah, they left there mark on the back wall. It was the Nanashi."

"The Nanashi?" Hekele thought aloud. "Great." She smiled a little. Then walked past the officer, leaving him baffled to what she was grinning about.

"Oh well." He sighed.

Hekele crept past the cops who were investigating, and followed the trail of the Nanashi. The police hadn't noticed the apparent clues to where the Nanashi went. Then again, it would take a proffesional to put the clues together. One curious cop decided to follow. A young man who had just recently joined the police force.

Hekele walked down allie after allie, making it seem like a maze. She jumped over garbage cans and on roofs, then jumped down into small paths, making it hard for the police man to keep up. But he did the best he could. She finally stopped when she came to a dead end. "So that's where they are." She saw an opening in the wall. It marked the edge of a door. "I'll have to come here later. Now that I know where they are hiding out, I can figure out a plan to..." She paused, hearing a footstep from behind.
"Put your hands up!" The officer said. "Your part of the Nanashi aren't you?!"

Hekele got angry. "First of all, I'd rather die than surrender to a cop! And secondly, you shouldn't be following me!" Hekele walked toward him.

"I'm warning you!" His hands shook, making it apparent he's never shot anyone before.

"It's to bad you're career had to end so soon." She laughed. "Headline news: Young Cop killed by Nanashi. Might as well have happened since he would have turned out to be such a horrible cop anyway." She laughed again." Poor little police officer, killed on his first case."
"I'll kill you!"
"Oh, really. You and what army? You don't have any of your police buddies here to back you up. Remember?" She stopped in front of the gun. "I have to kill you now that you know." She grinned.

Fear filled his face as she dissapeared right in front of his eyes and re-appeared behind him. She kicked him in the back, knocking the gun out of his hand. He dropped to the ground. He got back up, angry. He started to swing random punches, but Hekele dogded them all. She then hit him in the face multiple times, as well as in the stomach. He fell to the ground and Hekele held her hand out. In her hand, appeared a sword.

"No! Please don't! I'll do anything, just don't kill me!" He begged.

Hekele held up her sword, preparing to kill him.

"No! Don't!"
Hekele swong down.

"NO! I can help you!" He covered his eyes with his arm. Prepared to die.
Hekele stopped abruptly. Getting an idea. "How can you help?" She pulled the sword back.

He raised his arm. "huh?" He blinked and looked at his clothes, trying to figure out why he wasn't dead. He got up, and brushed himself off.

"Well. How can you help?" She still had the sword in her hand.

"Well, you looking for the Nanashi, right? I can help you get information on them."

"Really? That would be helpful...But how can I trust you won't tell someone about this?" She grinned.

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. After that experience I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep." He made motions with his hands while he talked. Making it very amusing for Hekele.

"That might be best. After they find out you're helping me, you're going to have to stay on your toes." Hekele teased. The sword in her hand started to glow, and then disinagrated.

He turned white after hearing what she said.

"So, when are you going to have information?" Hekele seemed impatient.

"Um, right away! What do you want me to find?"

"Find information on where they're going to be, when they're departuring, or anything else like that."

"Departuring? How do you know they're going to leave?"
"I know them. They travel a lot. They won't stay here when they find out someones after them." Hekele turned to leave. "And you better not tell anyone. Or else!" She started to walk away.
"Right! I won't tell anyone!" He sighed. "What did I get myself into?"

"Oh yeah! What's your name?" Hekele asked.

"I'm Hiroshi Masuyo. How about you?" He asked.

"Just Hekele." She turned and started to walk away again.

"Hekele..."

***************************************************************< /div>

TWO NIGHTS LATER..

Hekele entered the bar once again, but this time she sat at a table to the side. The gang from before came in, and sat at the table with her.

"Do you have the money?" Hekele asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah. It's here." He gave her a thick envelope.

Hekele opened it and flipped through the bills. "I'm trusting that half of it is here. "

"You can be sure of it. When will you start?" He said, concerned.

"Tomorrow. I still have to find some more information."

"Alright." He got up and left.

Hekele did the same.

***************************************

THE NEXT MORNING...

Hekele walked into the police office and up to the front desk. "Hi, is Mr. Masuyo here?"

"Yes, he did come in today. Can I take a message?"
"Actually, I need to see him. See, we're working on a case together. And he promised he would go out to lunch with me so we could disgus it." Hekele lied. "But I think he forgot about it. Seeing he's been so busy lately. So if you could tell him I'm here, and ask him to come out and talk to me, I would appreciate it."
"Ok. I'll call his desk." The lady said and called his desk. "Mr. Masuyo?"

He was asleep and woke up, falling out of his chair. He picked up the phone and sat back in his chair. "Hello."

"Hi. There's a woman at the front desk that says she was suppose to meet you for lunch. What should I tell her?"

"Woman? Um, tell her I'll be right there." Hiroshi hung up.

"He said he'll be out." She said to Hekele.

"ok." Hekele sat down in a chair next to the desk, as the woman helped another person.

Hioshi came out, files in hand. "I knew it was you."

"Really." Hekele was skeptical.
"Yeah." He walked up to her. "What's this about lunch?"

"Don't you remember? You said you would give me the information you found." Hekele stood up.

"Yeah. But not - "

"C'mon. Times a wastin'." Hekele pulled his arm.

"ok, ok." They walked out.

*****************************************

AT THE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT...

"So what'd you find out?" Hekele started the conversation off.

"Well, you might have a little problem." Hiroshi opened the files.

"Really? What's going on?"

"They're going to leave tonight." He put a paper out in front of her.

"Just great. I guess I'll have to kill them before they leave."
"Kill them? You were going to kill them? I didn't know that."

"Yeah. It's my job." Hekele began to read the doument.

"Oh." Hiroshi paused, but then remembered what he had found. "I found documents on all of their crimes. There was one that I don't quite understand." He searched through the files. "Here it is." He pulled out some papers that were clipped together. "This lady was murdered along with the rest of her crew. They were ambushed, but it was for unknown reasons. For them to take so much time to plan for an ambush, it wouldn't make sense if they did it for nothing."

Hekele looked at the papers. On the front there was a picture with a name. "Jenn A." She read and looked at the picture. Memories started to flow through her mind. She tried to sort them out. They skipped, and didn't make sense. Until she saw the last one. As she saw it in her mind, she mumbled. "mom."

"huh?" Hiroshi tried to understand her. "What did you say?"

"She's, my, mom." Hekele stared at the picture.

"She is?" Hiroshi stopped flipping through papers. "I'm sorry."

Hekele put the paper down. "The Nanashi, killed, my mom." She was trying to sort it out.

"I didn't know. I didn't -"

"It's ok." Hekele looked up at him. "I'm going to kill them. All of them."
"Weren't you going to do that anyway?"
"Yeah! But I was doing it for money! Now...Now I'm going to do it for revenge..." She held her fist up. "I'll make sure all of them parish in Hell."

"How are you going to do that if there are more groups in other areas?"

"I'll have to go there. But how?..." She thought.

"I have a ship." Hiroshi mentioned.

"That's it! I'll use your ship!"

"Hey now! I didn't say you could use it!"

"Why not? We made a deal. I could always -"

"Ok! You can use it." He scowled. "But only if I can come with you."
"Fine. But don't get in the way." Hekele warned him.
"I won't."
A waitress came up with two trays. "Here you go." She set the trays down. "Enjoy." She walked away.

"Finally..." Hekele started to eat her fries.

"Yeah." Hiroshi started to eat.

*****************************************

"When are we going to leave?" A man demanded an answer.

"At 1800 hours sir."
"1800 hours? That's reasonable. Is everthing ready?"

"Almost. We just have to get some of the weapons on board."

"Perfect." He grinned evily.

The other man walks away. When a young woman, about 17, walks up. Her face and body in the shadows.

"Father. Why must we go?" She asked.

"We have no more business here. We've decided to go to a bigger city."

"Are you going to - " She began to ask.

"No. Were going to do something much worse." He laughed.

*****************************************

AT THE DEPARTING STATION...

"Wow. Nice ship." Hekele looked at the ship.

"You think so?" Hiroshi was suprised he got a compliment from her.

"Yeah. But I've seen better."

Hiroshi fell over.

"C'mon. I wanna get some stuff before we go." Hekele pulled him along.

They strolled along the hallway. Hekele looked at random things. "Cheap. I've seen better departure stations then this."

"So you've traveled?"
"Yeah. But my ship was totaled not to far from here. I barely made it. I had to hitch a ride on another ship."

"Wow, you just won't die, will you?"

"Ha, it takes a lot to kill me."
"Apparently."

Sirens started to go off as they reached the ship. Gaurds paniced, and everyone started to run around.
"What's going on!" Hekele yelled over the screams and sirens.
"I don't know!" Hiroshi fought his way to the ship. "Whatever it is, I think we better leave before it gets to us!" He climbed onto it.

"Right!" She followed.

They got into the cockpit, and sat down.
"So, who's flying?" Hekele amusingly asked.

"Are you kidding! I'm not going to trust you with my ship!"

Hekele looked at him.
"Yet..give it a little time."

They buckle in, and Hiroshi started the ship.

"Is the ship connected?" Hekele asked.

"Luckily yes. Now we can get out of here."

Hiroshi started up the liftoff. The ship was lifted up onto a launching pad.

"Are you scared yet?" Hiroshi looked over to Hekele.
"I'm not a rookie like you." Hekele smiled.

As the engines started, multiple explosions went off. The ship took off as the city turned into a ball of fire.

"My god..." Hiroshi couldn't believe it.

"Nanashi."

"Nanashi? You think they had something to do with it?"

"Defanetly. There known for destroying ports and cities after they leave. It's their way of leaving their mark. They've just never done anything this bad." Hekele looked at pictures of the burning city on the monitor.

"Yeah. Where are we going, anyway?"

"We're following them."

"What? How do you know where they're going?"

"I tapped into their system eariler."

"You just don't have limits do you?"

"Nope." Hekele started to make a route on the computer in front of her.

"I guess this is going to be a long adventure, huh?" Hiroshi sighed.

"Probably." Hekele replied.

To Be Continued...