Fan Fiction ❯ Lethal Vengeance ❯ One Down, A Million to Go ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Untitled

Chapter 4:

One Down, A Million to Go

By: Katie Luna

A man walked out into the light. His long silver hair flowed past his waist. His face scared with four red marks.

"Master Hideaki?" A short man said, surprised to see him. The men gathered around him looked at Hideaki.

Hideaki grinned. "We have a stalker."

"A stalker? Who? We'll take care of them." A man held up a fist.

"No. She's smart. She's kill you within the first few seconds you see her face. We have to leave."

"But didn't she follow us before?"

Hideaki glared at him. "I know. That's why we will create a diversion. Then I can get out of here with my daughters."

"What's the diversion?" They looked at eachother.

"You." He chuckled evily.

"Us?" They whimpered.

"Yes, I'm willing to give up a few men to get away." He said in a royal tone.

"But sir.....can't we do something else?..." The short man quivered.

"I'm sorry. This will be the last time you here my, or anyother voice. Get ready. We leave at 6:00 PM." He walked into the shadows and dissapeared.

They looked at eachother nervously. "We have to do it."

"I guess." They began to get ready to fight Hekele.

*****************************

Hekele stretched as she woke up. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. Hiroshi walked up to her and gave her a cup of coffee.

"Here." He smiled.

She took the cup into her hand. "What time is it?" She took a sip of the coffee.

"It's about...." He looked at his watch. "12:30PM"

"12:30!!" She spit out her coffee. "Why didn't you wake me up!?"

"You needed your rest. You did a lot yesterday." The phone rang. He went over to the bed and answered it. "Hello?"

She scowled and drank her coffee.

"Yeah. Alright. See you then. Bye." He hung the phone up.

"Who was that?" Hekele asked, still in her sleeping bag.

"That was Katana. She said she got some new clothes and she'll meet us down at the park in an hour."

"She went out with those clothes?" She finished up her coffee.

"No. She borrowed some of...yours..." He paused.

"She what!?" Hekele got up. "Without asking me!!"

"Hey, don't get mad at me."

"Ooo...I'm gonna!!" She held up her fist. She took a deep breath. "I have to get dressed first, and then I can go talk to her." She tried to calm down.

Hiroshi stared at her.

She grabbed her clothes and went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

*************************

They got to the park and Hekele got out of the car. Hiroshi got out too.

"Hey you guys!" Katana waved happily.

"Hey..." Hekele growled. "Why did you borrow my clothes without asking FIRST?..."

"I'm sorry Hekele. I didn't think you would mind. I didn't want to wake you up because you had a rough day yesterday..."

"Fine. I forgive you. Now, down to business."

A suprised look shot across Hiroshi's face. "That quick?"

"Well, I can't stay mad at you guys. Then you'll become my enimies...and you both know I don't need anymore of those...."

"Yeah." Both Hiroshi and Katana agreed.

"Anyway, I need to find out when they leave. Or when they'll attack us..." She scratched her chin in thought.

"Attack us? I hope they don't..." Hiroshi worried.

"They most likely wi---" Hekele was cut off when an explosion went off behind them. A gust of wind blew past them.

"What was that?!" Katana yelled.

They looked at the blaze, their eyes shadowed with their arms.

Three men laughed as they appeared in front of the flames.

"Oh no." Hekele uncovered her eyes as the blaze died down a little.

"You're Hekele, aren't you?" The tall man in the center asked. "I am One. The leader of our group." His short light green hair swayed in the wind.

"I am Two. Second in command." Another tall man said. His dark brown hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"I am Three. We were hired by Hideaki to kill you." The third man was shorter then the other two. His blonde hair was short and spikey.

"Why are you numbered? Don't you have real names?" Katana asked.

"Yes, but we perfer to go by our numbers. It gives us an identity. Giving out or real names would cause problems. Too many people would be able to figure out where we are." One answered.

"What do you really want?" Hekele asked strongly.

"My dear, all we really want is to kill you." One grinned.

"We'll see about that." Hekele whipped out a gun and began to shoot at One.

Two and Three jumped to the side. One scooped up fire in his hand and held it out at Hekele. It wrapped around his arm and shot at Hekele. Hekele dropped her gun and ducked to the side. Hiroshi and Katana ran to the side.

Two went after Hiroshi. He climbed onto the hood of the car and kicked Two. Two came back for him, sparks flying from his fist. Hiroshi did a flip onto and over the roof onto the trunk as Two hit the car's hood. Making a large dent. He growled at Hiroshi and came after him. Hiroshi found a pole in the ground next to the car. He pulled it out and swong at Two as he passed the back door. It hit his face and he stumbled back in pain. Blood ran between his fingers as he fell to his knees.

Three went after Katana. Three blades appeared in his hand. He threw them at her feircly. She managed to duck out of the way of two of them, the third sliced the outer side of her arm, ripping her sleeve. He grinned. She made a motion from side to side with her arms as they started to glow. A bright blue whip appeared in her hand as she held her hands above her. She whipped it at him and it wrapped around his neck. He tried to get free, but got shocked in the process. She pulled him towards her. He flew past her into the trees as she released him.

Hekele's sword appeared in her hand as she ran at One. Fire crawled up his arm and created a sword in his hand. Their swords sparked as they met. Hekele moved back and swong to the right as he tried to slash her. He missed and she swong at him, cutting his arm and part of his chest.

He stood back, blood quickly staining his shirt. "You're better than I thought..." He grinned as he began to twirl his sword at his side. Flames engoulfed it as he held it above him. He pulled it apart and twirled the two peices at his sides. The fire died down and under it appeared twin katana swords.

"Cheater..." She sneered.

"I never said I played fair." He ran at her.

She dodged as much as she could as he swong one blade at her, passing by her face. He kicked her in the stomach. And she fell forward. He flipped his sword back and knocked her in the face with the end of it. She flew back slightly. As she regained her balance her lip began to bleed.

"This is easier than I thought. Hideaki must have overexaggerated about you." He flipped his sword back around.

She glared at him and grinned. "I'm just getting started." She thrashed at him. He ducked to the right and she moved to the left. He tried to stab her but she blocked it with her sword. She threw her sword back and flipped back onto the ground. She sat up quickly and grabbed her sword. He came running at her. She picked it up and slashed his knees. He fell to the ground in pain. She stood up with confidence. "Now do you think he was exaggerating?"

"You son of a -" He swallowed his words as he held the ground in pain.

She grinned. "I can't decide whether to kill you now or let you bleed to death."

He tried to stand up but could only sit up.

She kneeled down in front of him. "The only person you have to blaime is Hideaki....and yourself, of course."

"Hideaki...." He gridded his teeth. "He set me up, he knew this would happen..."

"Exactly. Now, tell me when he leaves, and I will spare your life. Maybe then you will be able to get help...." She held the sword to his neck.

"They leave tonight. At 6..." Sweat dripped down his face.

"Ok then. I'll spare you." She pulled the sword away and walked up to Hiroshi, who was standing next to Two. Two laid face down on the ground. A puddle of blood surrounding his head. "You did that?" She asked Hiroshi as Katana walked up to them.

"Hey." She said out of breathe. "How'd you guys do?" She looked at Two laying on the ground. "Oh...I did, good, too." Her face cringed at the bloody scene.

"We better get out of here." Hiroshi got into the car.

"Ok." Hekele went around the front and got into the passenger seat. "What happened to the hood?" She said as she strapped her seatbelt on.

Katana got into the back.

"Oh...It was just...well, Two did it." He said in his defense as he started the car and drove off.

"This is a rental, you know?" She said as the car drove onto the street.

"So did you find out about the Nanashi?" Hiroshi asked as they stopped at a red light.

"Yeah. They're leaving tonight at 6." She looked at the car next to them.

"There's so many departing zones here, which one is it?"

"Just look for a red ship..." She stared out the window.

"A red ship? Ok. Whatever you say."

They sped off as the light turned green.

**********************

At 5:00 they were packed and ready to go. They went to the repair shop to get their ship back.

"Hey. Is everything done?" Hekele asked the chubby man.

"Pretty much. I just need another half hour or so, and it'll be done." He wiped his hands off as he appeared from under a small part of the ship.

"I don't have time for that. Can't you do it faster?" Hekele pressured him.

"I'll try. But I can only cut off ten minutes at the most."

"Fine. I'm going to begin to get the departure tickets." She left asn he returned to working.

Hiroshi walked up to Hekele as she passed the office room. "So? Is it ready?"

"No. He was slacking off before. We have to wait another 30 minutes."

"Oh. Are you going to go get a departure ticket?"

"Yeah. At least I won't have to wait around here." She walked toward the departure office.

Hiroshi sat back down.

The woman at the desk looked at Hekele from behind the glass. "How may I help you?"

"I need a departure ticket."

"Cargo, Battle, or Personal ?" She began typing into her computer.

"Battle. Under the name Hiroshi Masuyo."

"Ok. At what time?"

"6:00 PM."

"Alright. That'll be 600 for rental of departure station, 100 for tickets and liftoff expenses. Total cost $700.00"

"Here you go." She handed $700.00 over.

"Here's your tickets." She gave her three tickets.

"Thanks." She walked back to Hiroshi and Katana.

"How long do we have?" Hekele asked Hiroshi.

"About 15 minutes yet." He looked at his watch.

"man...." She sighed and sat down next to him.

*****************************

Hideaki walks by a large red ship. "Is everything goo so far?"

"Yes sir. We'll be departuring soon. Your ship is over there." He pointed to a smaller grey ship.

"Good. I want to leave early. So we can get a head start. " Hideaki grins confidently. "I'll show you Hekele. You can't beat me. I am the best." He chuckles in an evil tone.

***************************

Hekele's ship was loaded onto the depaturing dock. The countdown began at 5:59 PM.

At 6:00 PM multiple engines lit up. The ship took off at an amazingly high rate. They broke through the space barrier.

Hekele searched for other ships. Red ones. One was located about 500 kilometers west. They could see it in the distance.

"That's our target." Hekele got up and went to a seperate room. "Hiroshi, can you here me?" She spoke into the speaker.

"yeah. Where'd you go?" He looked around.

"I went into one of the gunning rooms. It controls all the guns on the left side of the ship. I need someone on the opposite side. To manage the right side."

"I can't go. Katana will have to go." He looked at Katana.

"Ok." She said nervously and went into the back. She searched down the hallway until she found the room. "Hey Hekele. I don't know if I can do this."

"Just try it. The controls are simple. All you really need is aim."

"Oh, ok. I'll try my best."

"Hey, Hiroshi. I added a cannon. You'll have to control that."

"Ok, I guess."

"Ok. Now it's payback time." She fired the first warning shots at the red ship.

They turned towards them and began to shoot. Katana did her best as the ship approached. They took out most of there guns easily.

'This is too easy...' Hekele thought.

The red ship ran out of guns, so they tried to ram them.

"They're going to ram us!" Hiroshi exclaimed.

"Blow them up!" Hekele kept shooting.

Hiroshi shot directly in the middle of the ship as many times as possible. Until it exploded. The flames quickly dissapeared in the dorment air of space.

"We did it!" Katana shouted in glee.

"No..." Hekele got out of her seat and went to the main room where Hiroshi was. Still trying to peice everything together.

"Yeah!" Hiroshi said happily. He looked at Hekele who was staring at the screen blankly. "What's wrong Hekele? Aren't you happy we won?"

"Those mother -" She pounded her fist on the computer counter. "They tricked us! I'm so stupid!"

"What are you talking about?! We just beat them!"

"No! That wasn't the Nanashi! That was a diversion!! They got away!"

"What? Well, then we'll just find them on radar." He sat down at his desk.

"No....there too far away. We'll just have to move on to the next port."

"That's Port 26." Hiroshi looked at the computer screen.

"I know." Hekele sighed and sat down.

"I'm sorry Hekele. We tried." Hiroshi felt guilty.

"Yeah. Sorry." Katana joined.

"It's ok. If they were afraid of me that much..... then I'm doing my job...." Hekele grinned.

"Like they say though. One down....." Katana sat down.

"And a million to go." Hekele stared at the screen in front of her.

"Yeah...." Katana sighed.

to be continued................