Fan Fiction ❯ Shounun and Abhorsen ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lapri: We're ba-ack!!!

Abby: Oh dear...

Shougun: There's more?

Sin: Why do I have to be here again? Can't I make my little henchmen do it for me?

Ed: YEAH!! ED IS BACK!!! O.O..... the necklace ......it's..... sooooo...... SHINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Ser: .... oh boy....

Lapri: ^^ I only own Ser, Abby and their past.

Ed: SHOUGUN!! SIN!!! *glomps both* Mine! Actually they're my friends that I'm stealing their charries so I can use them in this random story!!!......hmmmm there's one more thing.......and Talanth!!! .... Mrow!? =^.^=

Shougun & Sin: YOU DON'T OWN US!!!

Ed: *glares at them and gives a look so evil they get cold* What did you two say?

Shougun: Nothing, nothing at all.

Sin: Man, what is the world coming to? I, the God of Darkness is being threatened by a hyperactive little kid.

Ed: YOU SAID THE TABOO WORD!!!!! *ties Sin up and beats him so he's black and blue and red all over* BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! BAKA!........ *sees Ser's necklace* SHINEY!!! ^-^ *leaves Sin tied up on the ground twitching and walks over to the shiney necklace*

Ser: *hands necklace to Lapri* Keep her busy. *walks over to Sin and unties him* Little help Abby?

Abby: ... Doing what? And what's the taboo word? *walks over to Sin and starts to heal him*

Ed: *is sensitive to the word that is equal to "vertically challenged"* so yeah.... now all of you out there know the taboo word and if Ed hears you calling Ed that.... well look at Sin ^-^ heh heh *puts on a cute innocent face*

Lapri: *dangles necklace in front of Ed* -_-# We don't own Inuyasha either. But we do own the story line and idea, so bug off if you want it!

Ed: *sees necklace and paws at it like a kitty* ooooooo shiney! =^-^=

Shougun, Abby, Ser, Sin, Lapri: LET'S START THE STORY ALREADY!!!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

On the night of the invisible moon, Shougun made his way to the Blood Fields. As he came out of the the Black Forest surrounding the battle field and stepped into the clearing a shiver ran up his back. He could still feel the lingering hatred from both sides lurking around. It was said that you could even see the spirits of those who died on the battle field still fighting, even in death.

Shougun: "No time was specified, but I'm guessing it's the same time that man told me of Sin."

There was no moon to gouge the time by so he simply walked around to keep his mind occupied. He wore his two swords at his side and had some throwing stars in his cloak pocket, in case any demons decided to show up. It was the Black Forest after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abby came to the clearing and looked around.

Abby: 'Okay, I'm here. Now what?'

She heard a gurgling sound and looked over her shoulder. The shadows had formed a puddle again, but this time, it had something stepping out of it.

Abby: "Shit."

She jumped back as it came fully out. It was a zombie type creature, except like it was dead.

Abby: "Great, more work."

The zombie took out a sword and grinned at her. She made a face.

Abby: "Eeew!! Dude, wash your teeth better!!"

The zombie swung it's sword at her and she back flipped to dodge it. She threw her pack down and glared at it, taking out her own sword.

Abby: "HEY!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?"

The thing didn't answer, just attacked. Abby blocked and backed away. When the zombie didn't stop, she decided she would fight back and started charging with rapid attacks of her own. The zombie wasn't ready, and so he started going backwards. He stumbled and Abby stopped.

Abby: "Okay, mister. Who are you?"

The zombie took her hesitation and slashed her arm, cutting the arm of her shirt off. Abby screamed as the acid from the sword burned into her skin. She glared and stared attacking furiously. The zombie replied with it's own attacks. Using his strength, he knocked the sword from Abby's hands and slashed her again across the stomach. She groaned and then growled.

Abby: 'Enough of this...'

Her eyes glowed a bright purple and she was lifted from the ground as winds came and wrapped themselves around her, doing her every bidding. She growled again and the zombie was wrapped in bright, purple light. Abby opened her hand and then squeezed it into a fist. The zombie screamed as spikes of purple light went through him. The zombie exploded, Abby's eyes turned to normal, and she fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Shougun was walking along wondering when Sin would show up he heard screams. He ran in the direction he heard the screams just as the purple spikes went through the demon. He ran over to the girl as she fell and caught her before she hit the ground.

Shougun: "Hey, can you hear me?"

He thought it strange to find another person wandering around the Blood Fields at this time... or any time for that matter.

Shougun: "Damn, she's knocked out."

He picked her up and looked around for a place to put her down out of the way so nothing else would come after her or him. At least until she regained consciousness. He let his mind and eyes wander over her. She had the same body build as Ser, but her hair was pitch black, darker than the shadows that she was in. He puzzled over her until he heard a groan coming from the girl. Her pale hand flitted to her temple. She sat up slowly, massaging both her temples, and then she opened large, violet eyes.

Shougun: 'Those eyes...'

She blinked once, twice, her eyes glued to his own blue ones.

Girl: "You're even more handsome then the memory Shape left for me."

Shougun: "Come again?"

The girl smirked, her hands falling into her lap. She bent her head, her eyes closed again, and started shaking. Worried, Shougun put his hands on her shoulders. As contact was made, he shuddered. She was so cold...

Shougun: "Are you alright, miss? You're freezing..."

Shougun noticed some frost melting on her nose. That was impossible in the middle of summer!! As the girl looked up, he saw her eyes were twinkling. He then realized that she was laughing!

Girl: "G-gomen! My name is Abhorsen, but please call me Abby. "

Shougun: "Nice to meet you, Abby. I'm-"

Abby: "Shougun, I know. A... friend told me about you and described you to me."

Shougun: "Who?"

Abby: "Ser... Ser Ke'Lona."

Shougun: "Oh..."

He stood and held out a hand to her. She took it and also stood.

Abby: "Thanks..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching from the darkness, a lone figure uttered a hushed command and waited as a winged creature flew to him.

"Go..."

The single command was all that was uttered the figure pointed towards the 2 in the clearing. It took flight, eager to do as its master commanded, slowly extending its claws while baring its fangs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After just meeting Abhorsen, Shougun was slightly stunned. With her black hair, her bright eyes stuck out immensely. He looked up from her eyes for just a moment and spotted the creature in time.

Shougun: "LOOK OUT!!"

He pulled her to the ground and put a hand over her head to keep her down as the creature passed dangerously low to them. He helped her up then drew his sword. The sword glowed a bright green with the light of the spirits that possessed it. Abby stood next to him with her two daggers drawn, one long and one short. The long one was wickedly curved while the short one's handle was elegantly shaped like a dragon in flight and fit her hand perfectly.

Abby: "What is that thing!?"

Shougun: "Must be the welcoming committee."

Shougun said smirking. Just what he needed some exercise. The creature moved fast and struck out at Abby. Being smaller and already wounded, the creature could smell her blood and expected her to be slower. Unfortunately for it, she wasn't. Her long dagger caught the blow while the short scratched it's under belly, making black blood drip down her blade and onto the ground. Abby looked with slight interest as the grass hit by the blood shriveled and died. The creature made a sound like hundreds of metal nails on the black boards seen in the large city schools, and backed away. It hissed and charged again, this time Shougun caught the blow with is sword. He pushed the creature away and charged after it. Moving quickly, he cut off a part of the creature's wing. The creature fell to the ground and stood on its back two feet. It snarled and jumped at Shougun, latching itself on his back and biting with sharp teeth. Shougun grabbed the creature around it's neck and threw it off.

Shougun: "Abby catch!"

Abby: "Too late!"

Abby charged to meet the creature, slashing with her daggers. They connected and fell, rolling several times before Abby stood again, more blood on both her daggers and coming form her shoulder. The creature slashed at her with it's hind legs as it fell to the ground. Shougun took the opportunity and jumped over the monster onto it's back. In one swing, the creature was headless. He flicked his sword to get the blood off then sheathed it. He heard Abby groan and he turned around to make sure Abby was okay.

Shougun: "Anything broken?"

Abby: "Not that I'm aware of, but he got my shoulder again..."

Shougun: "Here, let me help you with--"

Abby: "Don't bother..."

She placed her hand on her shoulder and closed her eyes. Her whole body became frosted over and some ice even started forming. Shougun ran over to her, worried that she was dieing. Then, her hand and shoulder started glowing a soft, dark purple. When the purple cleared, Abby opened her eyes and the ice started melting.

Shougun: "When you use your powers, why do you become frozen? It's like you're dead."

Abby: "I had to go into Death to use my powers. I'm still hurt, and may need regular medical care, but I'll live and there is no more poison in my wound."

Shougun: "Do you have bandages?"

Abby: "In my pack... I don't know where it fell, though..."

Just as Shougun helped her up again, the strange hooded man who they had seen before was standing next to them holding a lantern that had a black flame in it. He silently handed Abby her pack. Abby took it and grabbed a scarf, tying it above the opposite shoulder and putting the arm of the wounded shoulder in the makeshift sling.


Man: "Good... you both survived your little walk here. My master is waiting for you in the castle."

The man didn't wait for a reply, just turned and headed off toward he castle. Shougun looked at Abby suddenly wary of her, regaining his hard exterior to the world. He had forgotten for a moment where he was and that indeed he was in Sin's territory. He pulled his cloak around him to hide his body and followed the man in the direction of Sin's castle. As Shougun and Abby entered the room, they saw shadows along the wall. The shadows did not turn to look as the two warily entered the forboding room. As they reached the center, 2 shadows dropped down and formed a blockade in the doorway. Abby gasped aloud as she looked up at the ceiling and saw many dark, soulless eyes staring down at them. Shougun observed their surroundings and stayed close to Abby to make sure none of the shadows would attack her.

"Please take a seat..."

He snapped his fingers and there were two large chairs facing each other in the center of the room. Shougun walked up to one and looked at it.

Shougun: "Where is Sin?"

"He will be here momentarily.... I assure you young master."

Shougun still didn't trust this shady guy. As Shougun and Abby entered the room, they saw shadows along the wall.

Abby: "I think I'm going to be sick..."

She sat down. Her skin was growing, if at all possible, paler than it had been.

Abby: "Can't the Dead leave? Please....?"

Shougun: "The Dead?"

Abby: "The Dead..."

Voice: "You are sensitive to them? I'm sorry, but they are every where in my castle..."

The two looked up to see...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////

Lapri: *shuddering* I see dead people.... lol. ^^

Ed: I'M SCARED OF SIN'S PEOPLE!!!

Lapri: Hey Ed, I have shiny things!

Ed: SHINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!.... *drools* @_@

'

Ser: -_-# Lapri, where'd you pick up this kid?

Lapri: *glares* She's been my friend since kindergarten!!! BACK OFF!!

Ser: *cowers behind Sin* Okay!!

Lapri: Hmph! Yes, we left it at a cliffie. REVIEW!!!