Fan Fiction ❯ Ten Years Later ❯ The Titans Reunited ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ten Years Later
By
Brandon “GoldenSama” Rice
 
Chapter Seven
“The Titans Reunited”
 
A/N: This chapter is shorter than I would have liked it to be; but I haven't updated in weeks and I know a lot of you have been looking forward to an update, so I tried to get it done before I lost my computer for the weekend. I do apologize for the shortness, and the delay, and I promise the next chapter will be out MUCH sooner.
This chapter dedicated to Ransomed Heart
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
As the bodies of Chuck Delaney and the other bodyguards still smoldered, and the red-haired man's ashes were scattered to the winds, the three former Titans looked to the eye-patch wearing man who stood in front of them, still holding the flaming scythe in one hand. None of them recognized him by sight, for none of them had ever seen him unmasked before. However, he had told the red-haired man who he was before killing him, and now each of the Titans stood transfixed in horror looking at the gray-haired visage of their archenemy.
 
“What's wrong? You don't look happy to see me.” Slade's sarcasm was quick to show.
 
“Slade? That's impossible. You're dead.” Garfield choked out, staring at the fiend with his eyes filled with horror.
 
“Obviously I am not.” Slade replied in the same sarcastic tone he'd used before. “We can't stay here. Trigon will send others - and they will be much more dangerous than he was. Come quickly, we'll go—”

“We're not going anywhere with you.” Cyborg cut him off, aiming one of his arm cannons at Slade.

“Then don't. The only one I need to come with me is Raven; frankly I don't give a damn what happens to the rest of you.” Slade was being honest, at least. “In fact, I'd prefer it if you and the green one stayed and were slaughtered by Trigon. I never did like either of you.”
 
“You must be out of your mind if you think I'd go anywhere with you.” Raven hissed. She took a step back so that she was standing in-between Beast Boy and Cyborg. Slade smiled.
 
“Raven, you've got a choice: me or daddy.” Slade replied, and his face showed exactly how much he was enjoying the way she squirmed at the possibility. Garfield stepped forward this time with his face full of anger.
 
“No, she's staying with us, and you're getting lost!” Beast Boy boldly stated.
 
“I grow tired of this.” Slade replied. He lifted the flaming scythe and held it in a battle stance. “If you won't come by choice -”

“Slade.” A female voice suddenly spoke. It seemed to be coming from a band on Slade's wrist. Raven's eyes widened at the sound of the voice and she almost fainted. It had been a long time since she last heard that voice, but it was tattooed into her memory. It was the voice of Arella, her mother.
 
“You are not to harm them; any of them. Is that understood?”

Slade paused for a moment and his face fell, as if he had a bad taste in his mouth and an equally bad odor in his nose. A moment later, her dropped the scythe on the ground and closed his eye in distaste. As confused as Raven had been before, it was nothing compared to now. What was Slade doing in contact with her mother? What was her mother doing in contact with someone as foul and evil as Slade Wilson?
 
“. . . as you wish.” Slade replied bitterly, lowering the scythe once again. He hated taking orders from her, but right now, he did not have a choice. “Come, we must make haste.” Slade said to the titans.
 
“What are you doing in contact with my mother?” Raven demanded at once.
 
“I will explain when we get there.” Slade replied. “Now come!”
 
“Dude, we're not going anywhere with you.” Garfield once again stated.
 
“Not in a million years.” Cyborg added, just to further their point.
 
“Where do you want us to go?” Raven asked in a much less hostile tone. Garfield and Cyborg both went wide eyed and turned to her in shock; they couldn't believe she was actually considering going anywhere with the demented Slade, but Slade smiled at the look on her face.
 
“Someplace safe, it is a sanctuary that was built for this occasion.” Slade explained, and he reached into his pocket and withdrew an old piece of parchment. On the front was a picture of an old building; it was built much like an arcane church, like the kind found in England's countryside. Raven had never seen the place before, but somehow it felt familiar to her.
 
“Whoa, hang on, Rae, you're not thinking about going with him, are you?” Garfield asked in a worried tone.
 
Slade chuckled. “You don't get it, do you?” Slade shook his head and there was something devious sparkling in his eye. The assassin reached down into his belt and removed an old scrap of paper. He held it up and began to read something in a language that no one, save Raven, had ever heard before. Raven's eyes remained narrowed and suspicious as Slade read the arcane rhetoric, while Beast Boy and Cyborg looked confused.
 
Then, suddenly, a puff of black smoke shot up from the parchment in Slade's hand. It swirled around in the air and opened to reveal a window, floating in mid-air. It looked like the porthole on a ship, just floating in the middle of the cloud of smoke.
“Look into tomorrow.” Slade ordered, pointing his finger at the porthole. Raven slowly approached it and pressed her face against the window.

What she saw made him scream.
 
She saw the world as it was now; and as it would be in the future. She saw the skies burning red, and the clouds tainted black. She saw all the oceans, rivers, and lakes of the world running red with blood, and he saw the grass and trees turn brown, wither and die. She could see mountains crumble and cities fall. He saw the jungles burn and the forests disintegrate. Finally, all that was left was one giant gray desert, covered in ash and soot. Skeletons of men, women, children and animals covered the ground; and horrible demons ravaged and desecrated the bones. Then she saw Trigon standing above it all, laughing.
 
Then she saw Trigon look straight at her. Raven screamed, and blacked out.
 
----
 
The Titans had arrived at the Sanctuary Slade had been leading them too.

When Raven had looked into the porthole, screamed, and passed out it caused quite the stir. Garfield had instantly attacked Slade, and Slade had handed him his ass on a platter, as Cyborg so eloquently put it. Slade then informed them that the porthole was merely meant to show her the world Trigon wanted to make - but Trigon must have taken her spirit to his hellish prison to talk to her. He then told them that as long as they protected her body, Raven would be safe . . . more or less. They had decided to take her to the old church, and so they did.
 
The trip had not lasted long. The church was in San Francisco, near the bridge. It blended into the street like a normal place of worship, but in reality, it had been built as a place for Raven to hide in. Cyborg carried Raven in his arms, and Garfield spent the entire trip nursing his injuries from when Slade beat him, and shooting worried glances at the purple-haired young woman who seemed to moan and groan in her sleep every now and then.

Then they had arrived at the church and Slade closed the door behind them. Then he walked over and sat down on one of the benches. Cyborg cautiously set the unconscious Raven down on a bench in the front, and Garfield bent down next to her and ran a hand through her hair lovingly. Cyborg turned to stare at Slade, but their old foe did not dare try to move. Instead he sat quietly.
 
“Well; Now what?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Now we wait for the others.” Slade replied.
 
“What others? Don't tell me you have friends coming!” Garfield growled.
 
“No, but you do.” Slade grinned. Then he stood up and walked towards a back room. He paused in the doorway and turned to look at the Titans. “Let them in when they arrive, I have business to attend to with Arella.” Slade walked through the door and shut it, leaving Cyborg and Garfield alone with the sleeping Raven.
 
----
 
Raven opened her eyes. She was lying on what looked like a gigantic black diamond. It floated in mid-air above a pool of boiling magma that swirled around like a whirlpool. She could see jagged black diamond rocks floating in the air all around, with small imp-like demons standing on them looking at her. Their skin was like faded gray leather and their small teeth were pointed and curved. Raven was lying on her side, she pulled the cape tight around her.
 
“Welcome home.” A cold, low voice growled.
 
Raven turned her head to see a pair of gigantic red-skinned feet. Her eyes followed the legs up to the massive body of her father, Trigon the Terrible, who sat on a throne made of flaming rocks. Trigon's mouth twisted into a sick smile at the fear he saw in his daughter's eyes.
 
“You.” Raven drew in a breath.
 
“`You'? That is no way to speak to your father, young lady. I'll have to teach you some manners, won't I?” Trigon smiled once again and she could see all of his jagged yellow teeth. Just the sight of her father made her sick to her stomach.
 
“Go to hell.” Raven spat at him.
 
“Hahahahah, look around you my dear, this is hell.” Trigon pointed out, proving that sarcasm ran in the family. Raven stood up, still keeping the cape clutched tight around her.
 
“You were supposed to be my portal upon your eighteenth birthday.” Trigon informed her. “But that plan was derailed, unfortunately. No matter; the time has come now. You will open the gateway between the worlds and allow my wrath to spill out onto your human world!”
 
“No, I won't.” Raven said firmly.
 
“We shall see. You alone have the ability to free me; to let me loose on Earth.” Trigon admitted, drumming his knuckles on the edge of his fiery throne. “But I can give you reasons.”
 
“There's no reason worth my helping you.” Raven insisted.
 
“Really? What about your dear friends?”
 
“My friends have nothing to do with this; it's between us!” Raven snapped.
 
“Wrong.” Trigon spat at her. “You brought them into it! When you first became a Titans, when you sought out Logan after waking up - you brought this storm into their lives the moment you entered them! Now, you can open the portal, or I'll peel the flesh from their bones and wipe my ass with it.”
 
“Points for the creative threat, but the answer is still no.” Raven's smart-ass reply came at once.
 
Trigon stopped drumming his knuckles on the flaming throne and instead rested his chin on the back of his hand. He sighed and grinned sadistically. Then his eyes, all four of them, flashed a barrage of colors and Raven heard a horrifying sound. It was an inhuman cry, like some kind of hellish monster from a nightmare.
 
“That, Raven, is Sardoc.” Trigon informed her.
 
“New pet?” Raven asked.
 
“No, he is your little brother.” Trigon replied with a sick and twisted smile parting his red lips. “While your mother was human, his was a dark creature from the void. Unlike you, he has pride in what he is.”
 
“Good for him.” Raven, who had several hundred half-brothers and sisters from Trigon's overactive hormones, did not particularly care in getting to know Sardoc.
 
“I sent him to Earth. He is going to kill your friends if you do not open the portal.” Trigon informed her smugly. “Take your pick Raven; open the portal or watch them die.”
 
“You underestimate my friends.” Raven replied coolly.
 
“No, you underestimate your brother. No matter; you will get to see what he is capable of. Rise and shine.”
 
----
 
Raven's eyes opened and she looked up to see a church window. She was inside the sanctuary, apparently. She slowly sat up, only to find that someone was only a few feet away from her, kneeling at the alter and praying. She saw he was a man in blue and black, with long dark hair, but she didn't recognize him. Then he finished his prayer and turned around, and she saw his white eyes stare at her from behind the thin strip of a mask, and she knew who he was in an instant.
 
“Robin.” She whispered.
 
“Normally I discourage people from calling me by that name.” Nightwing replied as he stood up and walked over towards the bench she sat on. “But seeing as how it's you, I'll make an exception.”
Nightwing smiled and sat down next to her. Raven closed her eyes, leaned back against the hard black wood of the bench, and heaved a sigh. She felt horrible after her meeting with her father, but waking up to see another friendly face she thought had been lost forever helped brighten her mood.
 
“How long have I been out?” Raven asked him.
 
“I don't know. Kori - that's what Starfire goes by now -” He added seeing the confused look on her face. “—and I just got here a few minutes ago.”
 
Raven looked around and noticed that she and Nightwing were the only ones in the church; or at least in this room of it. She raised an eyebrow, as if to pose the question `where is everybody', and Nightwing answered it before she had to vocalize it.
 
“Everyone else is in the other room. Arella's filling them in on everything.”
 
Raven nodded and remembered that Slade still owed her an explanation as to how he ever got in contact with her mother. She tossed some of her hair back around her ear to get it away from her eye, and then asked him the most obvious question of all. “So why are you out here?”
 
“Arella isn't here in person, she's contacting us via a magical globe that's in the back, and Garfield said you looked too comfortable to move, so one of us had to stay out here and watch you.” Nightwing explained.
 
“Why you?” Raven asked, and then she hesitated, realizing how that must have sounded. “I mean, why not -”
“Gar was going to stay with you originally, but Cyborg wisely pointed out that it might not be a good idea for Slade and I to be confined to a small space together.” Once again, the genius detective was already ahead of her. Raven smiled a bit and then she leaned her head to the side and let it rest on his shoulder. Despite the dark times, she had another question she had to ask. It wasn't like her to gossip, but anyone who had known the Titans back in the day would have wanted to ask this.
 
“You and Starfire . . . came together?” Raven asked, but her real question was clear.
 
“Today was the first time I've seen her in years.” Nightwing said, and she could not only hear the sadness in his voice at this confession, but she could feel his discomfort pulsating through him. She was good at sensing feelings; it was part of her powers, after all.

“I'm surprise.” Raven admitted.
 
“Me too; if you'd asked me ten years ago, I would've said I'd have hoped Star and I would have little ones running around by now.” Nightwing was only half-joking when he said this, she could tell from the dark humor and dry tone in his voice.
 
“I'm sorry.” Raven whispered and she felt a tear well up in her eye.
 
“Don't be. It isn't your fault.”
 
“No Robin . . . Nightwing, it is my fault. If it wasn't for what happened to me, the Titans never would have split up. You and Starfire would have gotten together; Beast Boy never would've become the egotistical Hollywood icon he is -”
 
“It was not your fault, it was Trigon's.” Nightwing cut her off.
 
Suddenly Raven remembered the meeting she had with her father in her sleep, and her eyes widened in horror and she shot up. Fright pulsated through her body and she shook visibly. Nightwing noticed, as she knew he would, and he raised an eyebrow in an unasked question.

“We're in danger. Trigon's sending someone to kill you all because I refused to open the portal.” She explained to him.
 
“Relax child, neither Trigon nor his minions can defile this sacred place.”
 
Raven's head spun around so quickly she nearly fell off the bench. The door to the back room had opened and the group had emerged. Arella was leading the way, followed by Slade, Garfield, Kori and finally Cyborg. Raven's eyes widened at the sight of her mother and she mumbled to Nightwing at her side.
 
“I thought you said she wasn't here in person.”

“She wasn't.” Nightwing replied.
 
“I only just arrived.” Arella explained. “I . . . did not wish to return to Earth, but I felt I must, for you.”

Raven stood up and walked halfway towards her mother, silent tears in her eyes. She had lost ten years of her life, she had been confused to no end, and now she was reunited with the woman she hardly knew. Raven could only recall three occasions when she actually called Arella “mother”. She was torn in two inside. Half of her wanted to break down, hug Arella, and break down sobbing in the face of all that had happened. However, Raven had never shown weakness like that, and she would not start now. She instead did what the rest of her wanted to do; she got mad and started demanding answers.
 
“What's going on Arella? What is this place? Why did you come back to this dimension? And why the hell are you working with him?” She asked, jerking her finger at Slade.
 
“Charming daughter you have there.” Slade hissed.

“Be quiet Wilson.” Arella commanded, and Slade scowled at her, but did as she instructed.
 
“To answer your questions in order: You already know what is going on, your birthright is being fulfilled. Trigon wants you to open the portal so that he can destroy this world. That is why he seduced me; that is why he sired you. He wants this world.” Arella explained in a quiet voice. “This place is just a simple church, but it was blessed by spells from the Azarathians, and it should repel Trigon's forces. I came back to Earth because you need my help right now, and I am not working with Slade, he is working for me. We have a mutually beneficial agreement.”
 
“How about repeating that last part in English?” Raven inquired.
 
“As you are more or less aware, I previously had a contract with your father to deliver you to him.” Slade took it upon himself to explain. “However, Trigon is an even bigger bastard than I, and he betrayed me. So I decided to get back at him the only way I know how; but partnering myself with his worse enemy, which in this case means helping your mother. Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn, after all.” Slade smirked.
 
“Thank you Wilson that will do. Go stand watch outside.” Arella dismissed Slade as if he was a butler. Slade scowled at her, but he did as she asked and he headed towards the front door, walking outside. Raven noticed the unusual glance that had passed between Slade and Arella as their eyes met, and she wondered if there was not a part of the story missing.
 
“You five were split apart because of Trigon ten years ago.” Arella explained softly, her voice becoming quiet and her eyes turning away from her daughter and towards the group at large. “I have watched you all, just as I have watched my Raven. I know you have issues yet to work out and problems yet to overcome; but you must keep your personal matters aside until this is resolved. Raven is only safe as long as she stays in this church, if she exits it, Trigon will send his minions for her.”
 
“Wait, so Rae's gotta live here forever?” Garfield asked, appalled at the idea.
 
“No. Raven cannot escape what she was born to do.” Arella announced. “She will become the portal that will allow Trigon into this world.”
 
“NO!” Raven shouted.
 
“Prophecy's are a funny thing, Raven.” Arella smiled, which confused Raven, since she had just announced that Raven could do nothing to prevent the end of the world. “They are never wrong, but they are also never one hundred percent accurate.”
 
“Huh?” Garfield scratched his head.
 
“She means that there are variables that can't be predicted.” Nightwing wisely explained.

“Very good.” Arella nodded to him. “In this case, the Prophecy clearly states that the gem - Raven - shall be Trigon's portal. It does not tell what fate awaits us after that, however. There is no mention of what will happen once Trigon comes to Earth. He will come, Raven will bring him here; that cannot be adverted. However, we can be ready, so that when he comes we can defeat him.”
 
Raven suddenly felt a deep appreciation for her mother, an appreciation she had never felt before.

“The second Raven steps outside this church, Trigon's spirit shall take over and he shall force her to open the portal. However, we will be inside here, training and waiting. When you have all become strong enough to resist him, then we shall bring him here and defeat him. There are spare bedrooms in the back, I suggest you all get some sleep . . . tomorrow begins your training.”
 
----
 
That night, Raven did not sleep.
 
She and Kori were sharing one of the bedrooms, with Garfield and Cyborg in the other back room.

Kori wasn't asleep either, so Raven rolled over in bed and stared at the redheaded girl in the bed next to hers.
 
“Hi.” Kori smiled brightly.
 
“Hi.” Raven replied in a monotone tone.
 
“I missed you.” Kori admitted.
 
“Yeah. I wish I could say the feeling was mutual, but to me it still feels like no time has passed at all.” Raven sighed.
 
“I know. It's got to be tough. I can't imagine.” Kori bit her lip.
 
“Hmm. You've changed.” Raven smiled.
 
“You mean the way I speak? Yeah, well, ten years in New York City will get rid of anyone's accent, even mine.” Kori smiled back at her friend and laughed a little.
 
“No, not just that; you've changed a lot.” Raven whispered.
 
“Well relax, I haven't changed as much as you think. My favorite color is still purple, and my favorite food is still mustard.” Kori winked at her friend, and Raven felt warmth wash over her body.
 
“Thanks Star.” Raven turned over onto her back and looked up at the ceiling.
 
“For what?” Kori asked, confused.
 
“For being the one person I've seen since I woke up who hasn't made my life more confusing.”
 
“Raven, relax. Everything will be alright. Arella will teach you how to battle Trigon, and you'll defeat him.”
 
“I'm not worried about Trigon.” Raven said quietly. “We've dealt with evil before.”
 
“Then what are you worried about?” Kori asked her friend, now intrigued by this strange declaration that Raven had made.
 
“I'm worried about what happens when Trigon's been defeated. I'm worried about afterwards, when this is all over. All of you have lives to go back too . . . my life pretty much ended ten years ago.”
 
“That isn't true.” Kori declared. “Your life was only put on pause. You can still make up for lost time. It won't be easy, but I'll be here for you. Whatever you decide to do after we beat Trigon, I will help you Raven. Just remember . . . it's your choice.”
 
Raven mused. “My choice, huh?”
 
“Tell me, what do you want to do?” Kori asked with a sinister grin on her face.
 
“Honestly?” Raven asked, turning her face away from Kori.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I . . . I don't know.” Raven said quietly.

“That's a lie.” Kori nodded. “When you live in New York, you learn to recognize those too.”
 
Raven sighed. “Fine. Honestly, I think . . . this sounds so strange to hear myself say this, but I think I'd like to find out just how serious Garfield is about his feelings for me.”
 
Kori did something then that proved that the strange, normal-speaking redheaded woman in the opposite bed really was the same alien she knew from ten years ago. She let out a big girly squeal. “You like him!”
“I didn't say that.” Raven said in a dark voice.
 
“You didn't say you don't, either.” Kori grinned.
 
Raven suddenly felt like she was in a story about high school girls, and decided to roll over and go to sleep.
 
Besides, she didn't have an reply to what Kori had just said.
 
----
 
Nightwing was awake in the main cathedral, standing guard. He was not alone either. Slade was awake and standing watch too.

For a long time, neither of them spoke to one another. Only the candles on the wall lighted the room, and the chilly night air was freezing them both. Slade once again was dressed like he had been in the old days, in his black and silver bodysuit with the orange-and-black mask covering his face. Nightwing did not face him. Nightwing kept watch on the western side, Slade on the eastern. They didn't speak, at least not at first.

Then, Slade had to open his mouth.
 
Slade's left and only eye noticed Nightwing staring at the door that led to Raven and Kori's bedroom, and Slade let out a soft laugh. Nightwing turned to look at him with a dark look on his face.
 
“What's so funny?”
 
“You are.”
 
“How so?”
 
“Be careful Robin, loving a woman can be hell.” Slade warned him.
 
“If there is one person in this world I'm not taking dating advice from, it's you.” Nightwing spat. “And I said Raven could call me Robin; you don't have that luxury.”
 
“You amuse me. You always have.” Slade mused.
 
“Why is that?” Nightwing asked, suddenly. “What is this fascination you've always had with me?”
 
“Truthfully? You remind me of someone.” Slade admitted.
 
“Don't you dare say it.” Nightwing spat, already knowing who that someone was.
 
“Don't ask questions if you can't face the answers.” Slade sagely said. “The truth is Robin, you and I are so much alike. That's why you should take my advice and just forget about Kori.”
 
Nightwing's eye twitched beneath the mask and he felt his anger surging. “Why?”
 
“Because, like me, you fell for a woman stronger than you, and if you're not careful you might wind up with an eye-patch of your own one day.” Slade informed him with a twisted laugh.
 
Nightwing's eyebrow rose a few inches. “Stop it.”
 
“Stop what?”
 
“Stop talking to me like we were friends.”
 
“Robin, we're on the same side now. True, if I have my way then someday, preferably soon, I'll have the pleasure of ending your life; but that day is not today. We either work together as a team, or we die together. Trigon cannot be underestimated. That's why you need to relax, that's why you need to get some sleep, that's why you need to trust me; because neither of us stands a chance alone.”
 
Nightwing said nothing. He just turned his face away from Slade, which only caused the old assassin to laugh once again. “You're such an idiot.”
 
“Seeing as how I'm not falling for your bull, I think I'm rather clever.”
 
“No, Robin, you're not.” Slade sighed. “Disappointing really; you've been in Gotham with your old mentor, I had hoped you'd pick up a few things. Unfortunately, you're as green as ever. Obviously you lack the mind to figure out what I had tried to say in a less obvious way, so I'll spell it out for you: Stop thinking about Starfire or she will die.”
 
That did it. In a flash Nightwing had leapt across the room and wrapped a gloved hand around Slade's throat. He slammed the one-eyed assassin into a wall and began to choke him.
 
“Don't you threaten her!” Nightwing warned.
 
“You idiot,” Slade hissed. “It is not me who will kill her; it is Trigon. He can sense thoughts and emotions, just like Raven, but he's better at it. If he learns of your feelings for her, he will use that against you. I'm only telling you this so you'll save her life; so don't take your childish anger out on me.”
 
With that, Slade kneed Nightwing in the groin and Nightwing fell to his knees, clutching himself in pain. Slade gasped for oxygen briefly as Nightwing's hand fell away from his neck and then he rubbed his sore neck with his own hand.

“Good to see you're still able to fight.” Slade smirked.
 
“Why is that?” Nightwing spat. “You want to go?”
 
“No, but I think he does.” Slade pointed a finger at the door of the church.
 
Nightwing looked, and what he saw made his entire body go numb, chilled to the bone.
 
There was something outside. Something that was big and ugly; something ready to kill them.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
A/N: As I said, shorter than I wish it was, but I'm afraid I'm out of time till Monday, and I wanted to update today, and I found a good stopping point; so… there you go! HEY! BBRae fans! If you haven't already, go check out my brand new BBRae story: “The Walls Of Jericho”. It is a love triangle featuring the comic storyline of the Titans Jericho (who, for those of you who don't know, was Joseph Wilson; Slade's youngest son). You'll love it, so go read it; ok?
 
Whitedarkness: Mmm. Addictive, eh? That's cool to hear. Thanks for reading.
 
Mirielle: Really? My stories made you like Slade? Wow, that makes me feel awesome. Cool. O'course he can win Kori back, it's just going to take some time and effort. That is, assuming he doesn't get killed by demons first. XD Yeah, the riddle was about Slade working for Arella. Thanks for reading.
 
samanthe2121: XD Yeah, I know.
 
scathac's warrior: I'm glad to hear you approve of what I did with Star, and even happier to hear my updates make you hyper. Thanks for reading.
 
Mr. D 91: Yeah, Jinx and Gizmo will appear again. As for mammoth, dunno! We'll see.
 
InkBlotted Chakra: Of course I will!
 
Goddessruling: You shall have the BB/Rae kiss soon my friend.
 
CalliopeMused: Yeah, well, Slade's helpful as long as it benefits him too. XD
 
rea and bb fan: Kori'll get over it… maybe. XD
 
Blood-Covered-Ivory: Hahah, well thank you! I'm glad even a non normal BBRae shipper can enjoy this story. You'll see all about their future, and the future of Space Trek. I promise.
 
Bree-2006: wow, I'm honored to be on the list. Awesome.
 
AstaOmega11: Yeah, The End was awesome, wasn't it?
 
Nibbles: Glad you liked it, sorry for the delay.
 
april4rmH-town: Sorry the update took FOREVER. Almost a month. X_X I'm sorry, major writers block. It won't happen again!
 
Pokey: Thank you, I like blending the comics into it too. ^^
 
Tattooed Goddess: Sorry it took so long, AGAIN. I promise I'll update quicker.
 
Fernnu: Heheh. Awesome. I'm honored. Think you.
 
Whispers of a Fallen Angel: No worries, all the couples will have their moments soon. I promise.
 
They-Call-Me-Orange: Sporks and evil hell bunnies on crack? O.O Hahah, awesome! Pure awesome.
 
SweetLittleDancer: Glad you liked it.
 
spiritual-s: Thank you for saying so.
 
SxStrngSamurai13: Sorry it took so long, glad you liked it, though.
 
GnomeInuyasha: Doubt I will, huh? Hahah, well, I like being surprising. XD
 
disappearer/Syani: Thank you.
 
Satusimpson: Chocolate. Yum. <3 I love chocolate.
 
OOWT: Aww, don't kill Robbie! He'll make up for what he did… maybe.
 
BrokenNevermore: Defiantly in trouble. Heheh.
 
tigerchic121: Thank you.
 
They Call Me Sweetsnow: Heheh, I'm glad you liked it.
 
K9 the First: Awkwardness is awesome.
 
Raven 0f Azarath: Sorry it took so long, I hope you'll still read even aftr the delay.
 
SparkyX: Thanks, it's awesome to hear that. You're a cool dude, dude. XD
 
mini-warrior: Thanks, it's cool to hear it's so awesome. And glomping is fun. XD I haven't been glomped in years.
 
GizmoBunny: Thank you; I'm glad you liked it.
 
Mint DragonL I'm glad to hear that.
 
Aclahayr ( http://www.fanfiction.net/u/787314/ ) Oi. Actually I did mean scythe, I just got the half-moon and crescent moon confused. XD My bad. As for the archaic speech… I just like having characters have different dialogues. Although, I must point out that comic book Slade DOES use a gun on quite a few occasions. You'll never see guns on the animated version, but in the comics Slade is a master of firearms, and it only makes sense that he would use a gun. Although don't expect him to use one all the time, because I have much bigger ideas in store for Slade. Though those we shall save for another time. I appreciate the critique, thanks for correcting me, and thanks for reading.
 
HAPPILI INSANE: I'm glad.
 
MYSTICAL PANTHER: I'm SO sorry it took so long.
 
TheDashLikes: Again, I'm sorry for the delay.
 
Moo: I hope this one made your day too.
 
mr.giraffe800: I sorry it took so long, I really am.
 
IllegalDayNightSnappingIguana: Hahah, Winter dear, I'm delighter to hear you liked it. You know I live to please you. XD Well, kinda. ^_- Anyway, yeah, Slade's awesome. He pwns all. Anyway, can't leave a big review reply today because I'm getting kicked off, but I'll talk to you soon. And hey; UPDATE YOUR STORY!!!
 
Lambbaby: HBP was awesome, wasn't it?
 
Ransomed Heart: Wow. That's a HUGE compliment for me to get. Thank you.
 
Fireblade K'Chona: You'll see. Hehehehehe. Evil answer, I know.
 
TeentitansfanL Thank you. I did start another one: “The Walls Of Jericho”
 
Iuz the Old: Coolioso? Hahah, I love that word. XD
 
Out of touch with Reality: All will be revealed in time.
 
Priestess_Of_Dragons: I hope it was still good.
 
Pickles12: Thanks Pickles, glad you liked it.
 
Ayriel: Hahah, well if you're a fan of fluff, you'll love some of the upcoming stuff…. But not coming TOO soon.
 
Johanna: Glad you liked it J. I took FOREVER with this chapter, eh? But it's not my fault! I was busy doing important stuff. . . okay, I was wasting my time RPing on the Rapid Board; can you blame me? XDDD!
 
Gem W: That's CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow! XD. Yeah, I've seen that movie. Love it. Glad you liked the chapter.
 
Kazzy103: Slade's always awesome, ya? And Nightwing and Kori will make up… maybe.
 
?????: Thank you very much.
 
RavenFlyingSolo: Unfortunately, you must wait one more chapter to meet the super demon, Sardoc.
 
Poison-Ivy: Raven's my favorite character too.
 
Waterlily-clone: Hope you liked it.
 
Illegally Blonde: Thank you, I'm very happy to hear that.
 
Snea: You haven't? That's strange. I'd email FFN about it.
 
raven of the darkest: Hope I didn't take too long.
 
BlazenHotSun: Your wish is granted.
 
Haruko: Sorry it took so long.
 
RavenVSDestiny: No, I didn't stop. No worries.
 
Inuluvsu: Hahah, glad you liked it even if you don't like Raven.
 
Daefender: Sorry it took so long.
 
IGAF-kun: now THAT is a compliment. Thanks.
 
Cassandra-Cruxshadows: Your wish is my command, mistress. XD
 
Raven's Faithful Sidekick: Hahah, sorry about the arcane speech.
 
Blufirestar: Thanks, but I like responding to the reviews.
 
Rever76: The best? Really? Wow. *blush*
 
BBRaelover4eva: Hahah, I like the idea of Slade good too. For a little while, anyway.
 
Hikaru-RoseRed: One word: AWESOME!!!!!
 
Glimmering Stars: sorry I took so long.
 
Sersee Grayson: I was anything but fast, and I apologize.
 
Payie: Heheh, thanks.
 
RavenRoxHard313: Your wish is granted my friend.
 
MiSs JoVaNNa: DUDE! I'm writing a BB/Rae/Jericho love triangle fic too! How cool.