Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma ¼ ❯ Secrets of the Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma ¼

Notes:
"Speech"
<Thinking>
{Signs}
[Telepathy]
_Magical Spells_
~Specials/Limit Breaks~

Note: In this chapter, when I say "Akira" I'm referring to Saffire's Human Form. The others don't have a difference in name until chapter 2!
___________________________________________
Part 1: "Secrets of the Past"

"What's going on? Why is everything hazy?", asked Akane

"Your waking up...See you in the morning!", Replied Saffire.

In the real world:

"What the?", Ranma said as he hopped up.

Ranma and the Tendo Girls all were confused about the dream...

"Did you dream we became these...wierd...Creatures?", Akane asked.

"Yeah, and my...Older Brother Akira came and said that it would cure Neko-Ken...", Ranma replied.

"Hmm...I had it too.", Nabiki said.

"Oh, My.", Kasumi quipped.

"Hello there.", a teenager said at the door.

"Hello.", Nodoka said as she answered it.

"It's been almost a year now, mom.", the voice said.

"Yes, it has, Akira."

"Akira!?", Ranma & Akane said as they rushed to see him.

"Nice to see you get up early, Ranma.", Akira said.

Akira was wearing a Blue Karate Gi, and had Brown Hair, and Blue eyes. He looked alot like his mother, to tell you the truth.

"Did you appear in our dreams last night that you know of?"

"Yep. That was me. I was the Red guy with a brown mane and blue eyes. You'll learn about it, today. There was a reason for that, and no, I wasn't lying either...but don't test it, yet...That was only it's dream version..."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind, Mom explains it best, Oh, Wild One.", Akira said smiling.

Later, in the Living Room.

"You've been using your powers for about a year now, Akira, you show them."

"Yes, Mother," Akira said, as he began to glow. His body seemed to change and morph into the small lion creature.

"Is it just me, or is there a fire on his tail?", Nabiki asked, concerned about money.

"Grrrr....Nabiki, it's not a real fire! One of our kind, Nanaki had laid it on the ground many times, and hit a soccor ball with it, and none of those times did WHATEVER he touched get scorched!", Saffire shouted.

The Ice Queen's cold personality finally melted, "O...Okay..."

"Ooh...You just melted the Ice Queen's Personality, Bro," Ranma said.

"Was there any doubt?", Saffire said, smirking in a way that only he could, "Please, call me Saffire when I'm like this. Expecially...When we have to go."

"Go? Where?", Ranma asked.

"....That's another story, and it won't happen until Evening...If we hurry, which we need to, It's a matter of life and death."

"Okay."

"Ranma, I'm about to cast a spell that will turn you into this form, and you'll be able to change between any of your 3 forms you need at the time...._LLEPS FO EGNAHC_"

Ranma felt his body changing...His limbs and back began to resize themselves, and his body began to spout out Red fur.

"Akane! Catch the Dragon's Wisker! We're gonna need any magical artifact we can find, weather it's magic is drained or not!", Saffire shouted.

Akane quickly caught it as Ranma's mane became too long for it, and then Ranma's eyes reshaped themselves. Ranma's body then sprouted a tail, and his hands and feet became paws. As he grew fur all over his body, his clothing changed with him, so it wouldn't fly apart...Ranma's face started to change last...When it did he suddenly felt a spirit fly from him...

"What's that?", Akane asked.

"The Neko-Ken...It's gone...He can use the Ki Claws now as what we call a Limit Break," Saffire responded to his Oneechan's Inazuke.

"How do I look?"

"Sort of like a Cat, Really, Saotome.", Nabiki teased, expecting Ranma to tense...He didn't. Instead, he smirked. Nabiki blinked [Audibly] a few times before adding, "Why didn't you freak out or stutter or anything?"

"I don't know...Now it actually feels...Normal to be called that.", Ranma said.

"It's true though, you could say that our race is part Lion, and part Wolf."

"Wow, What a pedegree...", Nabiki deadpanned.

<Nabiki Tendo makes Yuffie Kisaragi sound like Florence Nightengale!>, Saffire thought.

"Could you bring me my duffel bag, mom?", Saffire asked.

"Of course," She said as she got Saffire's duffle bag, and opened it for him.

Saffire reached in and grabbed four Bracelet looking objects. "Here, put these on Ranma."

"By the way...How will you get these on the last of us?"

"Oh my gosh...I totally forgot about that! I can't just change back and forth all the time... I forgot that Nanaki said I should have had a witness..."

As on cue, a familar voice rang out from outside, "Ranchan!"

"Oh no! I'm dead!", Ranma moaned.

<It could be worse. It could have been Shampoo.> Ranma, Akane, and Saffire thought together.

"OKAY AKANE! ENOUGH'S ENOUGH! WHERE'S RANCHAN!? AND WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS!?", Ukyo Screamed as she saw them standing there.

"Umm...Ucchan...I _AM_ Ranma," Ranma told her.

Ukyo heard his voice and fainted.

"Well, She took that better than I thought," Ranma said.

"Good Point...I half expected her to attack..."

In a few minutes, Ukyo Got up...

"R-Ranchan? Is that you?"

"Yes...It is..."

"What happened?"

"I just learned...I've always been like this...The other form was..."

"Was a Masquerade, you could say.", Saffire said.

"Who's this?", Ukyo asked.

"My brother, Akira...But call him Saffire Now," Ranma told her. Saffire noddded.

"You mean, you're...a Cat? I thought you hated them!", Ukyo said panicked.

Both Saffire and Ranma looked at each other and sighed.

"He's not anymore. Also, this is why he couldn't marry you...I'm still going to have to find a punishment to do to the Old Man for that... I may let YOU pick his torture...", Saffire Stated.

"By why Akane then?", Ukyo Asked.

"The Saotomes and the Tendos are both survivors of the Race. We come from a parrallel universe, Ukyo."

"Huh?"

"Ranma, Myself, Akane, Kasumi, and...yes, Nabiki, were born here, but if you tried to look up Genma, Nodoka, Soun, or Akane's Dear, Departed Mother Kikuko...You wouldn't find them in any part of the books. They were Raised here, yes, but born here, no..."

Ukyo gave a stare to Genma.

"Anyway, Ukyo, I'm glad it was YOU who came here, as the Amazons have tried to hunt creatures they don't understand. They'd probably call us a Musk Spawn or something...But you know...If Herb knew about this earlier, he probably wouldn't have did what he did..."

"Then why not tell us earlier?", Akane asked.

"Because of Shampoo, her Father, Cologne, and Mousse, that's why! Besides, I had no IDEA what Herb was going to do! I told him the day afterwards though...Besides, I wasn't anywhere where I could tell him...", Saffire responded.

"Anyway, why are you glad I'm here, Really?", Ukyo asked.

"Because, your mother knew about us. I had a message from Bugenhagen to tell you about that. He said you were allowed to come with us on our great adventure..."

"So it will be just Ranchan, Akane, Nabiki, Kasumi, Mr. Tendo, Ranma's Dad, Ranma's Mom, you, and me?"

"Probably Ryoga too..."

"What!?"

"Knowing him, he'll wind up there anyway...I wouldn't doubt if Sepheroith got him."

"Who?"

"Nevermind...Okay, Ukyo, could you put these on Ranma?", he nudged the bracelts to her.

"Why?"

"Look at me first, and you'll see why."

Ukyo glanced at the Creature called Saffire. He was wearing similar Anklets.

"Oh...Protection gear?"

"Yeah."

Ukyo clamped each one around one of Ranma's Ankles.

"Next up...Akane. Your turn...You SURE you want to journey around inside of another world in a SKIRT? You and Ranma will have to go back to human form Frequently, as will Kasumi, Your father, Mom, and...I'd hate to say it, Dad."

"What about me?", Nabiki asked

"Oh yeah, and me, because of the tasks we have to do."

"Why you!"

"_Mute_!", Saffire screamed at her, as a green flame rose around his body, then a strage object appeared in front of Nabiki.

Nabiki tried to speak, but couldn't.

"How'd you do that? We'd love to try that on Dull Blunder!"

"Heh...I didn't, the magic jem here is called Materia, but they came with a hefty price...The Planet began to crumble because of their creation, but thankfully, my best friend Nanaki and his friends stopped them.", He smiled.

"Nabiki, I have to tell you this before I de-mute you... Your abilities aren't needed much. We have two mercenaries already! A REAL one named Cloud Strife, and one with a nicer personality than yours, Yuffie Kisaragi, besides, they can fight, and you're not that strong unless your like this...yet...There's a fourth form, but nobody in our race had became it since Nanaki was born 48 years ago!"

"Your friend was born 48 years ago!?", Ukyo asked.

"Yeah, but in our race, 48 years is actually 16... A 16 year old, like Ranma & Akane, are actually 5 years old, as is a 17 year old like Me or Nabiki. An 18 year old like Kasumi is 6! Besides the year of our birth, every 3 years counts as 1."

"Yikes! No wonder! You live 3x As long as I do! Wow!", Ukyo said.

Saffire smiled and rechanted his spell...eventually each member was changed.

"Okay, Ukyo, I'll give you a while to pack."

"What about our stuff?"

"It's all packed in here," Saffire said, patting his bag with his paw.

"Huh?"

"Where we come from, the most intresting thing is, Closets are needed for Clothing that you don't want everyone to see. Most people carry everything with them, but they can only carry 99 of an object..."

"ONLY 99?"

"Also, the reason I muted you earlier Nabiki is this...There is only one currency where I have lived the past year, Gil. All your Yen I transferred to a storage space, like the one Akane holds her mallet in...In fact, that's how the Item Storage Works..."

"I'll be back!"

"Wait! Give that letter on the table to Doctor Tofu. I promised him I'd tell him when Kasumi learned of her past."

"Huh?", Ukyo, Ranma, Akane, and Nabiki asked.

"He's one too, but he can't come...I'm not old enough to bring EVERY ONE Of our race there, besides, with Ranma & Genma's curses, and the fact that the Pheonix last Imprinted on Akane..."

Ukyo nodded and took the letter and left for a while.

"How'd you know that?", Akane asked.

"Oh...Whenever Ranma thinks about me too much in a day, I end up in his dreams. The day after the Pheonix flew away, he was thinking of how I would have made it different..."

"What?"

"He dreamed everything important...It was about the length of...One of those OAVs you watch, Tenchi Muyo!", Saffire explained, "But I was in it from the start...It was like you knew me, but none of you were engaged to ME, just you still to him...It was a little different than what he said it was like the next day, it had some differences...but not major."

"Oh...Look it's Ukyo!", Akane shouted.

"That was fast!", Nabiki quipped.

"Kounatsu heard, but he won't tell."

"Good. He doesn't want to come?", Ranma asked.

"Well...He does, but I told him I have all of you to protect me..."

"Umm....I hate to tell you this but the Mercenary Guy I told you about? He is upset at himself for not being in time to protect the one he loved. She...Got...Impaled, that's what we're trying to do...Stop that from happening with some Magic. But also, we need fighters to take on Sepheroith.", Saffire explained, "Let's go! _WARP_!"

* * *

Later, at Cosmo Canyon.

"Uh!", the group said.

"OOps...Sorry...I guess I goofed...", Saffire said.

Everybody (Both from FF7 and Ranma) sweatdropped.

"Hey, who's that?"

"Hi guys."

"You brought a girl too?", Red XIII asked.

"Hello Nanaki," He said smiling.

"Why the human?"

"One, I only had enough power to unlock the transformed states of Ranma, Kasumi, and Nabiki, and teleport there and back. I only just remembered Akane, Ranma's Fiancee, so I had to have enough to change her too, so I did. Ukyo was there to put on the anklets you told Me to put on, as well as the brushes or combs or whatever you call them, and She seems to have a bit of magic on her too."

"Really?", Red XIII asked as he walked closer, "Yes, I sense it. It's not as strong as Aeris's or Our own, but it's a help."

"Now...I think you all need to be introduced..."

"My name is Cloud Strife.", Cloud introdued.

<He looks strong> Ranma thought.

"Barret Wallace! An' I don't take nothin' from no one."

The FF7 group, and Saffire, sweatdropped.

"Tifa Lockheart, Cloud's Childhood Friend."

Ranma and Akane looked at each other, and then At Ukyo and nodded.

"I am Nanaki, as Saffire calls me, but the rest call me Red XIII, or Red."

<Wow! I wonder if he's related to Saffire and Ranma!>, Akane thought.

"My name's Yuffie Kisaragi."

<That is the girl Saffire said was better with money than ME!?>, Nabiki thought.

"I'm Reeves. This Stuffed Creature you see behind me is my Creation, Cait Sith. I run him by remote control."

"He does that because he has no fighting experence...No Offense, Reeves.", Saffire said. Reeves simply nodded.

".....Vincent Valentine..."

The group nodded.

"I am the Pilot, Cid Highwind."

"I could see that."

"Ranma you...", Akane began but was cut off by Saffire running in front of her.

"Akane, not now! First of all, you can't hold a mallet in this form. Second of all, we don't attack arrogant party members...No matter how much they deserve it...They would have done so to Cait Sith and Yuffie alot if they hit an ally every time they wanted! Finally, Ranma's right...We could tell."

"She hits him?"

"Reflex. Akane's had alot of problems with boys before she started...But We'll have to keep Nabiki & Kasumi safe...They don't fight, although I did here that Nabiki got rid of a guy named Wonton on Togenkyo herself, but he wasn't smart as a monster around here...Or as Dangerous."

"I see... It's alright... Not everyone is a fighter," Cloud reasoned. The others nodded in agreement.


Meanwhile...

"Where am I?", Ryoga Hibiki wondered. He was about to enter the Tendo Dojo when he appeared in front of a strange man.

"Ah! I have been waiting for you, Ryoga Hibiki!", the man said.

"Who are you!?"

"My name is Sepheroith...You want to stop the one called Ranma, correct?"

"How do you know?"

"I have my ways...Now, Ranma is even stronger than before, and may become impossible to defeat, unless you allow ME to help you...", Sepheroith then silently added, <Then I'll kill you when your done...>

"Wh...What? But...how?"

"His brother has granted him immense power... I will do the same for you...", Sepheroith said...

Then there was immense laughter coming from the cavern...

TO BE CONTINUED...
__________________________________________________________ _

How do you like it? This story may even be updated more often than PokeBall Z, despite the fact that I want to continue it too, but I can't think of what to do next...But here, I do...

Was Ryoga Hibiki the only one who appeared here? Will Sepheroith pull Ranma's other Rivals along for the ride? What of the Amazons? What do Street Fighter, Bloody Roar, DarkStalkers, CastleVania, and Final Fantasy VII have to do with anything? Find out, next time!

Please Review. No Flames please.

Note: "Tategami no Ookami" is the name I use to describe the Race that Red XIII, Saffire, and the rest are part of. It means (Loosely) Lion Wolf, which is a good description (They look like Lions, but they act more like wolves [What kind of Lion howls at the moon?]).

If you'd like to help:

Can you make pictures of the characters as their "Tategami no Ookami" Forms? Please! I'm BEGGING you!