Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ The Fall ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forever Yours

Chapter 2- The Fall

By sky princess

WARNING: THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER!!! J

A cloaked figure watched, behind some bushes, the woman named Yuffie as she ran to save a rabbit from the cliff.

She grew, he thought amusingly with a rare grin.

Seeing her about to fall off the deep cliff, he ran out from behind the bushes quickly and ran as fast as he could. Crazily, he jumped after her. When he caught up with her in the air, he wrapped his arms around her. His life-or-death decision was made in a matter of seconds. He turned around so that his back was facing the ground and she on top of him. This was the only way he could save her. The last thing he had to do was to hope the pain would be short so he wouldn't die a painful death. The ground came closer to them and he clung tighter to her body as they were seconds away from crashing to the hard ground.

Yuffie had stopped screaming ever since her voice ran out and her throat had become sore. Suddenly, she felt another body with her, she opened her tight-shut eyes to see the last person she'll ever see and crazy enough to jump after her.

Red eyes? She thought as it stared into her brown ones.

Her face was contorted with fear but his was calm. He was not afraid but of course, Yuffie never ever saw him to be afraid before. His black hair flowed about on his face and his cape swirled around their bodies as they were approaching the ground. She gasped and tried to remember who he was but couldn't think of his name since her body was feeling the force of the ground coming closer and heavier. All of a sudden, she felt her body thud and all her air whooshed out of her lungs but this savior's body had broken her fall so it would have been more painful. His eyes were wide open for a second but then they slowly slid shut. A trickle of blood came down from the corner of his mouth. Yuffie gasped and she rolled off of him and looked up at the darkening sky.

Now I remember, she thought.

"Vincent Valentine." Yuffie smiled softly as her world faded into darkness.

To be continued…

Author's Note: Sorry again if this is very short but I have my story all planned out for me and this is how it was supposed to be. J The next chapters are going to be longer! Will Vincent live? That is the question. Chapter 3 will be here very soon so watch! Review, please! Luv ya to the people who did. See ya!