Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ A Horrible Nightmare or For Real? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forever Yours

Chapter 4- A Horrible Nightmare or For Real?

By sky princess

"Lucrecia, I missed you so much." Vincent said as he sees her spirit by a lake.

She smiles at him and starts to shimmer away.

"No, wait! Don't leave me again, please." He pleaded as tears came to his eyes.

Her image faded into someone else that he never expected.

"Yuffie?" He blinked.

Her eyes were sad and puffy that told him she was crying.

"Please, Vincent, please help! Come back to me, I need you." Her voice made his heart break.

"I can't Yuffie." Vincent said softly. "I want to be with Lucrecia."

"Then why did you save me for your life? Why?" Her face was of pain and anger as she tears started flowing down her face.

All of a sudden, she ran away with her hands covering her face. Her form disappeared as she ran farther away.

"I'm sorry." He couldn't get her voice out of his head.

Why did I save her? He thought.

His mind raced to the fall where he made his fateful decision. The fear in her eyes as Yuffie came to the conclusion that she would never survive. That same fear was in her eyes when he answered to her that he was going to stay with Lucrecia. Only this time, it was the fear of losing him. He sighed.

How easy it would have been if he never loved again?

His surroundings disappeared as he was left with his troubled thoughts.

Ahhhh!!!

Suddenly, a scream pierced through his head.

Yuffie! His thoughts were trying to find out what was happening to her.

What he was sure of was that the thing or someone was huge. The low, growling growl got his attention.

It's a beast of some sort! I got to get out of here and help her!

He started running but all there was in front of him was grass!

No! This has to be a nightmare! A horrible nightmare! Is this real?

A second later, his world was filled with images of Yuffie but none of them were happy. They were all of her sad, screaming, crying, and hurt. Soon, he didn't even know which direction he was running anymore. His head felt as if a mallet was banging on his brain. He got down on his knees clutching his head. The need to help Yuffie was so severe and him being powerless to save her because of this image world was torture. He laid down on his back and looked up at the now clear sky which was full of Yuffie a minute ago.

I have to wake up, he pleaded.

Tears came to his red eyes as he realized he couldn't save her after all.

I am sorry, Yuffie. I am too powerless.

To be continued…

Author's note: Hey, it was a little longer but chapter 4 will be up really soon! Please review!! I need all the comments. I'm already doing another fanfic but it's a Ranma ½ fic. Probably after that, it might be a Yuffie/Reno fic. I've read some cute fics about them. Hee hee. See ya!