Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Materia ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: Well chapter 2 is up! Hope you like.. I know they are short.. What can I say? Well anyway, I shall let you read and please review
Chapter 3 -Materia-

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~

"Well what did he say?!" Yuffie once again pleaded to the group as they sat in the Highwind's office area.

Everyone exchanged worried glances, the mako eyed man looked directly at Yuffie's worried face. "We have two weeks to find you a husband. Or you will be forced to marry the man, that your father picked."

"What!?!" Yuffie screamed standing up, blinking, and fleeing from the room.

Cloud rested his head on the oak table, his ears ringing. His wife leaned over rubbing his back. "It will be alright, at least this way she gets to pick the guy… even if she only has two weeks.."

"Nanaki and Cait Sith called giving their regards. They are trying to find a way to restore the Shinra building without a mob of protests.. Or something like that." Barret commented hanging up the phone.

Cid waved his off. "Yeah, yeah. Hey where is the Vampyre?"

Spiky lifted his head up and looked around to see that Yuffie and Vincent were the only ones NOT in the room. "Probably on deck."

~~~~*~~~~

"Vincent?" Yuffie almost shyly asked as she walked over to the front of the ship.

Turning quickly, a bit startled. "Yes?" Vincent asked in his usual monotone voice.

Sighing the young ninja turned around and walked toward the door. "Never-mind." Uttering a final word she walked through the door, and down to the sleeping quarters, locking herself in a room.

Blood red eyes glanced to the door, wincing as it slammed shut from the wind. (What am I feeling?) Vincent thought for a moment, the breeze twisting his hair around. (No wonder you left me Lucrecia.. No wonder.) He thought closing his eyes, as he shook his head.

~~~~*~~~~

"Tifa can you go check on Yuffie? She has not been out of her room since we got back home." Cloud asked looking up from a list of papers on the bars counter.

Mrs. Strife nodded slightly before setting down the rag and walking up the stairs.

~~~~*~~~~

"Are you alright Vincent?" Cloud asked glancing over to the corner where the man with midnight black hair stood, also looking at some papers.

Finishing off a sentence he looked to the worried Leader. "Yes. None of these people listed on here are right for her…." Vincent trailed off the words slipping from his lips.

"I know. But, there is over 300 pages and we just posted the announcement.." Looking to the clock on the bar. "Ten hours ago.." Cloud finished setting down his papers.

A soft, quiet sigh escaped his lips. Once again pushing the dark hair from his eyes to glance at the paper he held.

"Get some rest, Vincent. It's late." Mako blue eyes looked away from the red glare of his friends eyes as he also set down his papers. "Goodnight." Strife said as he began walking to his room. "Vince?"

"….."

"She will be alright. We will find her someone." (Hopefully) Comforted Mr. Strife then retiring to his room.

"…………"

~~~~*~~~~

"It will be alright, Yuffie. We will find you a great guy, maybe a man with lots of Materia!" Tifa half smiled trying to make the young girl feel better.

Thinking for a moment the Wutai ninja slightly smiled. "It will be great, think of all the Materia! ….Ice Materia, summon Materia…" (This sucks! I don't want everyone feeling sorry for me!!) Yuffie grinned lying through her teeth as she named off Materia falling into a deep sleep, tears still covering her cheeks.

Tifa kissed the young girls forehead and left to her room.

"How is she?" Spiky asked sitting hallway up.

"She was trying hard not to let her pain show. But, her eyes they are so dull now. Not full of life and energy like before… I am worried, Cloud." Tifa said slipping into her night garment.

~~~~*~~~~

TBC