Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Announcements ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: OKay here is a little longer chapter! I know it is not to long, but compared to the rest of the chapters it is.. sorta. Anyway, please review!!

Chapter Seven -Announcements-

Yuffie sat sunk into a small cream colored chair, her head hung low as her eyes stared aimlessly at the carpeted floor. The remaining avalanche members waiting outside the paper thin door, looks of sadness sketched into their faces.

Godo yelled, flustered, with the need to feel respected for his outrageous decision. "Yuffie show some appreciation! You had your two weeks, you lost, so now you will marry Arlokan."

The tall, thin man approached he young ninja from behind, laying his strong hands onto her shoulders, startling her. "Come now, Miss Kisagari. Or should I say Mrs. Winters? It is a great honor to be married to a handsome man like myself, while you are still blossoming into a pretty woman.."

"Fuck off." Yuffie replied fury coursing through her veins. 'I knew there was something about him! He is a damn egotistical bastard!'

"Yuffie!" Her Father scolded, then turning his attention to his soon to be son-in-law. "Shall we go make the announcements official?" Godo beamed with a nod of his arrogant head.

A sudden firm opening of the door caused both men to look up in surprise. "No announcements will be made, for Yuffie to marry …Mr. Winters." Said a steady voice from the doorway.

Yuffie's head snapped up to meet the bright eyes of a familiar face.

Godo's expression turned to a look of shock, and anger. "The deal was made, and will be carried out."

"I believe you said if we found someone…"

Interrupting Lord Kisagari snapped with a hint of wonder. "You are telling me you found a man worthy enough to marry my …daughter? No bum will satisfy our deal."

"What if this person contributed to a great cause, that helped in a great glory of the world?" The man said proudly.

"Yes I suppose that would qualify. Who is this glory man?"

Yuffie stared at her friend in bewilderment. 'What is he doing? Who? I'm confused.'

A shuffle of his feet the man smiled. "Vincent Valentine." Cloud said pointing to the man leaning against the wall, lost in his thoughts. The spiky blond haired man stepped to the side a few steps.

Brown eyes bulged out, jaw dropped, along with a pair of red eyes snapping from his thoughts.

"Cloud…" Vincent started to protest as a hand slapped his shoulder, sure enough Godo had stepped forward.

"Good luck, Valentine. It is final then, you two shall be married immediately, meet you at the well where the ceremony shall take place." Godo said not letting a word in edge wise as he quickly shuffled off.

The group had wandered off out of the Pagoda to where the ceremony's announcement was being made.

"Cloud do you think that was a good idea?" Tifa asked nudging him.

Once again he scratched his head. "I don't know, I mean I have seen the way he looks at her.. She won't admit it, but she looks at him too.."

"I hope everything will be alright.." Mrs. Strife said skeptically.

~~~~~*~~~~~

Brown eyes over to her soon to be husband still leaning against the wall in shock. Standing she slowly walked over, to the front of him. "Vincent, I.."

"Let's just get this over with." Vincent all to quickly said, stalking off to the exit of the Pagoda. 'Maybe I should apologize, I did not mean it that way. Marry Yuffie? Lucrecia….'

A crystal-like tear slid down her cheek, as she took in a deep breath. 'Why did that hurt me so much, to hear him say that…? I mean I should understand he is now forced to marry.. Me.' She thought still staring at the wall before her. 'My Father was right.. I'm just a worthless brat, that is way the man that is marrying me now would most likely rather see me dead or worse ..alive.' Yuffie thought yet in the overwhelming moment did not realize she said the last bit aloud.

The usually cold man gasped slightly as he heard his soon to-be-young wife's thoughts. Silently he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Yuffie.."

Straightening, and regaining composure the brown haired woman nodded. "I know, let's get it over with." Yuffie replied interrupting him as she ran off.

~~~~~*~~~~~

The ceremony went on for several hours, a smile on Miss. Kisagari's face, yet anyone who knew her already knew it was a smile covering the pain that was running through her, ..heart.

The new Mrs. Valentine re-entered the Strife's residence immediately after disembarking the Highwind.

"Vincent, I'm sorry. I just did not know what to do. We couldn't let her marry that guy, you heard how he treated her." Cloud said sympathetically, standing beside the disturbed Vampyre.

Turning to face the somewhat shorter man his eyes redder than usual, from …tears? "Don't worry, Strife. I understand.. I.. That is not important." Vincent said actually averting his gaze back to the window.

"Vince.."

"Cloud can you come here, now!" A sharp voice hollered from the door to the living room.

Cloud and Vincent exchanged looks briefly, both knowing that Mr. Strife was now going to take his residence upon the hard, flat couch.

~~~~~*~~~~~

TBC