Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Broken Glass ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: Well another chapter! Please Review!

Chapter Eight -Glass-

Two weeks had passed, so did Yuffie's birthday. Refusing to leave her room, Godo out of no choice had to settle for his daughter not being in Wutai. Answers were short, and sharp. Vincent also not saying much more than he had, like 3 years ago. The tension in the house was rising, soon everyone would leave to go back to their homes.

"Are you okay in there, Yuffie?" Cloud asked knocking on the locked bathroom's door. "It's been nearly a hour and a half."

The spiky blond jumped back a step as the door flung open. Yuffie stood in the doorway then walked down the hall, her eyes bloodshot, with dark circles under them. All the young exuberance she once had, vanishing that one day.

Tifa glanced up to see a still wet haired ninja enter the kitchen/bar area. "Your up! Are you hungry?" She asked setting down the rag.

"No." Yuffie said picking up a bottle from the bar and pouring a glass.

"You shouldn't be drinking…" Barret started to complain as a death glare was shot his way from the underage woman sitting on a stool. "Dammit, Yuffie you married Vincent you weren't supposed to turn into him." He said the words slipping through his mouth before he could stop them.

Clenching her hands on the glass in front of her she hurdled it towards the gun-arm mans head, which ended crashing against the wall behind him. Shattering to a thousand pieces.

Yuffie gasped stunned she actually did that. "I'm sorry.." She quickly said running off to her room in tears. 'I just broke one of Tifa's glasses by trying to hurt one of my friends…"

"What the hell happened?" Cloud shouted jogging down the stairs to where the crying Mrs. Valentine came from. Stopping abruptly as his wife and friend just stood there deep in their own thoughts. "What happened?" He asked more calmly.

"I didn't mean to say it aloud." Barret commented quietly.

"It wasn't your fault Barret. But, this needs to be solved before it gets worse." Tifa said shaking her head, as Cloud knelt down cleaning the glass up.

Swiftly the woman entered Yuffie's room, where the crying had stopped. Kneeling beside the figure that sat on the floor, gazing at it as if it would disappear if she would look away. "Yuffie…"

"Why does he hate me?" The question was blunt and quick to the point, yet also startling.

Tifa furrowed her eyebrows. "What? Who?"

Sighing the ninja looked up, her eyes almost the color of her husbands, from her crying. "Why does Vincent hate me. Why does Cloud hate Vincent?"

"Huh?" Tifa gasped startled. "What do you mean Cloud hate Vincent? They are believe it or not, close friends…"

"Then why.." Yuffie gasped. "Did he make Vincent marry.." Gasp. "Me? If he didn't hate him." Once again gasping leading to tears flooding like Leviathan.

Shocked the older woman wrapped her arms tightly around the girl, cradling her like a child. "Yuffie, your wonderful don't think that…" Tifa whispered smoothing her hair out, looking up she saw the familiar cold eyes gazing at the woman in her arms. A small tear trickled down his cheek, as he turned away and entered his room. 'Dammit Vincent!..'

"Yuffie I will be right back." She whispered sliding away from the girl and exiting the room, shutting the door quietly.

Vincent's blurry eyes looked up to see a very pissed off Tifa standing in the doorway.

"Tifa.." He started.

"No! You listen here, you are going to tell me exactly what reason she is crying right now! I know you heard what she said." The woman quietly yelled stomping her foot for effect.

Looking down to the floor, then to the window. "Right after Cloud….." Vincent said then continued to tell her what had happened the day of the wedding.

"Fix it." Tifa ordered turning to leave, then turning back. "She needs you, you're the only one that will be able to help her." Then she left, leaving Vincent to his thoughts, and his mission.

'I know I care for her deeply.. I'm just… I don't deserve someone like her. Again I have failed her.' Vincent stopped his thoughts and stood, his cape flailing behind him as he crossed the hall. Knocking softly he entered, to see Yuffie still sitting in the middle of the room, her body trembling. Slowly he unhooked his cape and wrapped around her shoulders.

'Vincent?!' She looked up quickly to meet the pair of red eyes, beside her.

The room remained silent, as the pair of brown orbs, continued to stare at the man beside her.

"Vin-cent?" Yuffie gasped aloud breaking the silence, her voice cracking. "I'm so-rry." She quickly apologized and returned her gaze to the floor.

"No. Do not be sorry. If anyone is sorry, it is me." Vincent said his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't deserve you."

Her head shot up as she peered into his eyes, his soul. "You don't have to pretend Vincent. I know Tifa sent you here."

A glare crossed his face, then softened. "I wouldn't have came to you, if I did not want to."

'The scary thing is.. I believe that.' Yuffie thought thinking deeper she half smirked.

Leaning over she placed a kiss on his cheek, which then immediately turned his paleness into a bright red. "Maybe.. You can lea-rn to love me." Mrs. Valentine said softly.

The rareness was even more brought to the moment as a smile crept to Vincent's face. "I'm sure that will not be difficult." He said without thinking, causing a smile to appear on his young wife's face.

Quickly Vincent was tackled against the floor of the bed in a hug. Soft what seemed like laughter came from the woman tightly gripped to him. Gently he slid his claw to stroke her hair, then realizing his shirt was damp, from tears of Yuffie.

Pulling her up he looked to see the Young Mrs. Valentine was crying. "Are you alright?"

Nodding she hugged him again, resting her head onto his chest. To both of their surprises Vincent's arms wrapped around her, returning the embrace.

Cloud and Tifa smiled from the door as they silently retreated to the living room.

~~~~~*~~~~~

TBC