Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Picture ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer/Author Note: I do not own Final Fantasy 7. If I did I probably wouldn't be sitting here at this crappy computer, since my laptop is being repaired… I still stand with the fact, it was not my fault. Either way please review!

Chapter 9 -Picture-

Knock. Knock. A grumbling was heard then the large oak door swung open revealing a large sleepy, gun-armed man, known as Barret. "What the hell are you waking me up for?!" Barret said then looked to see Mrs. Valentine. "Oh, hey Yuffie.." He said putting on a small smile.

"I uh," Yuffie looked away, "I wanted to apologize about the other day,…"

Barret smiled, "No worries, now get back to bed it's late." With that said the man turned and shut the door after giving a reassuring smile.

Yuffie beamed with happiness as her once youthful humor seemed to come back all at once. Slowly she crept down the hall towards her room, creaking the door open she stared at the now empty spot at the foot of the bed. 'Wonder if Vinnie is asleep?.."

A mischievous grin spread across her strong delicate features as Yuffie twirled around on her feet, grabbing his red cape that laid on the chair, then walked across the hall to her husbands room, "Vincent?" She softly asked, creaking the door open.

Gray, brown eyes looked to see hair the color of midnight spread across the soft chocobo feather pillow, making the old, yet young looking man even more handsome than he already was; if that is even possible. Quietly she tip-toed in, stopping as Vincent squirmed slightly, then stopped.

Yuffie smiled softly then laid his cape on the chair, by the bed. Slowly she pulled a quilt over his body, then brushed some strands of silk from his face, red eyes snapped open startling her, she stepped back.

"Vinnie!" Yuffie snapped, "You scared me! Don't ever do that!"

Vincent looked slightly perplexed, "Yes Mrs. Valentine, I will remember not to open my eyes when someone, in the middle of the night comes into my room."

Yuffie's mouth went slightly agape, then she smiled brightly.

Sliding his long legs to the floor Vincent sat up, looking at the girl who stood as if she had seen a ghost; who knows maybe she did. "Yuffie? Are you alright?"

Shaking her head from the pretty thoughts racing through her mind, she stepped towards him and sat next to her husband. "Vinny, Vincent.," Yuffie started taking a breath, shuffling her bare feet on the wood floor. "Tomorrow, when it's time to go,"

Vincent stared at the floor, then looked to his nervous wife. "We can go to Wutai if you would like?"

"NO!" Sighing, "No, I don't ever want to go back there. At least not yet.." Yuffie stated then leaned against the wall her feet dangling off the bed.

The black clothed man nodded and leaned back as well. "I don't suppose you would like to go to Nibleheim?"

Yuffie thought for several minutes, Vincent's gaze locked on her, "Actually, that would be fun! Could we like, um, fix it up and um,.."

His brows furrowed as he thought for a second trying to figure what she was hinting at, his lips curled up causing Yuffie to stare in shock again. "What about your traveling?" Vincent asked calmly.

"I…" Yuffie chocked and rubbed her eyes, "Time for bed!" She hopped off her life's partners bed, shyly she placed a kiss on his cheek, "Goodnight Vinny." 'I love you Vincent….'

Vincent blushed, "Goodnight Yufs." 'She makes it so difficult, not to love her.'

A lopsided smile appeared on the young ninja's face before she exited the room, and to her own.

*

The morning's sun came quickly as Yuffie jumped down the steps, her face glowing with happiness and sadness; Happiness all about her Vincent, and Sadness about leaving the others till their next visit.

Tifa looked up to see a perky shoulder length brown haired Ninja, pouring herself a glass of orange juice. "Hey, your up early!"

Yuffie smiled, "Yup! Sure am!" Sheepishly she looked around, "Vinny up yet?"

The bar hostess tried to repress a large smile as she looked behind the excited young woman, Yuffie raised a eyebrow and tilted her head. "Tifa…?" Yuffie asked confused.

Yuffie jumped as gentle lips pressed firmly to her cheek, then lifted off with a jump as a click and a bright flash illuminated the two for a split second…. It was the worst possible thing that could happen, the terrifying looks they both gave one another as their eyes met with a grinning unshaven blond man, holding a camera and a picture in his other hand.

"Ciiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!! You asshole! GAWD!" Yuffie complained stomping her foot, as her cheeks we're flushed in a deep scarlet red.

Cid grinned proudly and passed the picture to Cloud and Barret as they entered, "Ain't it a fucking sight? Our Vampyre is growing up!"

Cloud and Barret chuckled and stopped as both Yuffie and Vincent sent out death glares, in all directions.

"So, uh, what's for breakfast?" Cid asked sheepishly, as he tried to avoid the red eyes sending death rays to him.

Tifa spoke up through the silent bunch, "Pancakes, now sit down. Vincent, let it go, Cloud set the table, Barret bring the chairs over. Yuffie stop blushing."

This caused Yuffie to blush more, as Cloud chuckled, setting the table.

*

TBC