Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Discovered ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own FF7!

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 15 -Discovered-

_________

"What the hell do you mean they're gone?!?" Cid bellowed into the mouth piece.

"The mansion... it.. blew up...." Tifa replied, trying hard for her voice not to crack.

A huff and a worried sigh escaped the pilots lips, "We will all be over with the Highwind, as soon as we can. Take care." Cid said, hanging up the phone, a worried expression upon his rough, unshaven face.

Looking through the foggy window she sighed, the flames almost completely out, with the help of the well. Shaking her brown colored hair, Mrs. Strife stood and walked outside, pulling on her gloves.

*

Mako blue eyes glanced over, "Hey," Pause. "Is Cid flying everyone over?" Cloud asked walking towards her.

"Y-yes. Have you found them?" Tifa asked, already knowing the answer.

Glancing over to the ruble he had started to clear, Cloud sighed. "No." A long pause passed before he spoke again. "I don't think their dead."

"Cloud..." Tifa once again shook her head, looking at the mansion and waving her hand towards it. "No, one. Not even Vincent, or Yuffie could survive that... They couldn't have possibly had time to get out.."

Shaking his head, anger growing inside him, "No! Tifa! You don't understand! I really don't think they're dead!" Pause, and a long breath. "Trust me on this."

Looking towards her husbands eyes, wide and holding some knowing to them she nodded, "I trust you, I'm just worried."

*

Seconds, minutes, hours passed before the large flying structure landed outside the town. Swooshing, dirt and air around in the already pitch black-smoke filled sky.

Nanaki walked into the silent town, his fire tail swaying behind him, followed by a dark skinned man, and a rough-unshaven pilot following.

Stopping they stared at the ruble where the mansion used to be.

"Holy Meteor!" Cid said, his cigarette falling from his lips.

"This is a great tragedy, we must go see how we can help Vincent and Yuffie." RedX111 said hurrying down towards the mansion, Barret and Cid grumbling, and following also.

*

"Barret! Cid! Nanaki! Your here!!" Tifa yelled rushing over. "Come on, we need help lifting a huge piece over where Cloud is! We think they are under it!" She yelled again, hope evident in her voice as she ran several feet over to where Strife was attempting to lift a large wall.

Cloud looked at his friends and nodded, "Barret lift the opposite of mine, Nanaki and Cid lift the right, Tifa lift the left."

Everyone nodded, walking to their sides, feet and paws being sunk into place as to not slip on the debris.

"Okay," Pause. "One." Pause. "Two." Pause. "Three. Huwgwaa!!!" Cloud commanded yelling, as they lifted and pushed the piece of to the side.

Tifa gasped looking at the site before her, a bloody mess. Stepping forward she shook her head, Vincent and Yuffie lay before her, both bleeding greatly, yet still in one piece. Their body's red, yet not as red as you would think one would get from being in a burning house. The tall now bloody mess was holding the ninja against him tightly, in return her arms wrapped around him.

"Did you find them?!?" Shera yelled running over, with Reeve.

"Yeah, their.. unconscious from what I can tell, ...." Barret said as he stepped foreword as well as Cloud, both lifting Vincent up and heading for Tifa's home.

Tifa, and Reeve lifting Yuffie, following the others to her home.

Cid patted his wife's back, kissing her forehead. "It'll be alright, you can get them better, can't you?"

Shera looked up at her husband, from what she saw she doubted they were even alive. "I'll try.."

Highwind nodded and began heading towards the house with the others.

"Cid?" Shera asked, her voice quiet as she stepped beside him.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." She whispered, linking her arm in his, her head resting on his shoulder.

A small smile appeared on the pilots face as they made their way to Tifa's. "I love you too." Cid whispered as they entered.

*

Morning broke through the windows of the small home, into the upstairs room where both Vincent and Yuffie lay on the cots.

"Your up early again." Cloud said massaging his wife's shoulders as they looked at the two.

"Yeah, I miss them. Cloud, they have to wake up, it's been nearly a month!" Tifa once again cried, burring her face in her hands. "They have too!"

Minutes passed, as Tifa stopped her crying to look up, only to see Cloud narrowing his eyes on Vincent. "Honey? What's wrong?"

"Get Shera in here, now!" Cloud yelled watching as the gun wielders hand moved slightly.

Eyes nearly popped out, a smile coming to her face as the brown eyed woman raced from the room, retrieving Shera from the kitchen.

*

_________________________________________________________ < p class="c1">TBC

__________________________

Author's Note

________________

Teehee! Vincent might be waking up! YAY!!! hehehehe... -grins- Please review!